Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch (11134 Views)

Passingshots Analysis On Refineries Featured On Keeping It Real. / Arthur Eze Sues Wema Bank And Punch Newspaper N200b Each / Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Idowuogbo:
grin grin grin
Hen! Mami o! She ko wa le? Ten fingers in d air for mama toh surest... We go jam one day! E Gba be! Ki eledua sho wa di gba na o... Amin!

Double tuale mama.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
Far back 2009, Joe Adeyeye, columnist and Saturday editor of Punch, quoted Nairaland on his column. He quoted a thread titled on plight of Nigerians abroad or something like that.

I always quoted nairaland in at at least two of my published articles.

Pius Adesanmi and Nasir el-Rufai are two of the high profile commentators that have mentioned Nairaland in their articles
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

You think we don't have reporters on NL?

Jarus is a reporter, just saying.

And who do you think Eko Ile/ Onlytruth/ GenBuhari/peterobi etc works for?
It's not everybody that writes in newspapers that is a reporter. There is what is called public commentary, which everybody - whether accountant or geologist - can engage in.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by denzel2009: 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2013
Why is she blinking like cursor?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by olempe(m): 10:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
TEA esq™:
Okay ....... I need to get serious with Nairaland ........... I need start commenting and stop viewing without saying a word ........ GEJ might see my comment and dash me a PRADO too grin

grin grin
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Drdreluv: 10:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
Electronzeez: Y are u hiden ppls post mods.enemy of progress,abi u dnt want dr post to be televised and "newspaperlised" #makeunanobarnmeoh. Na joke oh ;DY are u hiden ppls post mods.enemy of progress,abi u dnt want dr post to be televised and "newspaperlised" #makeunanobarnmeoh. Na joke oh
......Lolz .=)) =)) =)) =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) i like this Ɣ☺ΰr abalumo mouth
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by hammedkola(m): 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
Those nasty, stupid and serious comment of yours makes this more rosy...So keep it real and don't pretend posting what's not in your mind because you knew the feed will be broadcasted live.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by dealordea(m): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
Idowuogbo: Henhen? Emi Oluomo badosky go continua d agberoism parole. I sendeth NOT! Infact, na nau me go increase d gbola and kpeculiar yarns. E sha mo bo shen lo?! No time! It's all about d kekaiscene. Gbo ju joor! cool cool

Na why you remain single when your mate don born like four!! You still dey forn agbero...hish
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by FindOut(m): 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

You think we don't have reporters on NL?

Jarus is a reporter, just saying.

And who do you think Eko Ile/ Onlytruth/ GenBuhari/peterobi etc works for?

LWKMD. If Jarus is a ''reporter'', then honestly, a large number of nairalanders will want to be ''reporters'' like Jarus when they realise the kind of ''media outfits'' Jarus has ''reported'' and is still ''reporting'' for. cheesy

Since when did 1st class Economics graduates from OAU begin to work as reporters Dude isn't a reporter o, tho he has been writing articles & letters which have been consistently published in Newspapers for at least 6 -7 yrs now. I knew Jarus' name (his real name that is ) long before I knew nairaland & have always been a fan of most of his writings.

The correspondence he has with SLS & other notable Nigerians is something any Nigerian can also have, if you have the intellect & the courage to seek that privilege.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by FindOut(m): 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
Jarus:
It's not everybody that writes in newspapers that is a reporter. There is what is called public commentary, which everybody - whether accountant or geologist - can engage in.

Didnt see this comment earlier. Bros, abeg, continue to be a ''reporter'' o cheesy
Hope I didnt divulge too much info in my earlier post tho I believe most old faces on NL are already aware of what I posted.

Ride on boss!
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by PaulJohn1: 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, u are right. CNN and MSNBC do the same thing too; though they've never sampled opinion on Nairaland grin
They mostly get Facebook or twitter comments.

I believe Nairaland can also catch up with the likes of FB and twitter in it own unique way of debating and analyzing topics and will be quoted on well recognized international broadcasters. But Nairaland management are not really interested in promoting topics, news that involves other countries. More than 95% of the topics you see on the front page are nigeria related topics. Hence, making the forum less interesting to outsiders, except for topics relating to every human irrespective of the nationality.

If the management can at least promote top headlines from countries in Africa to the front page, Nairaland would be the first thing being referred to and quoted on matters concerning Africa on any international TV. Already, the forum has members from other countries in Africa; Cameron, Ghana, SA, Somalia, Sudan, Egypt,... They'll keep threads concerning their countries going if they see it on the most relevant page of the forum.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
what a show, this lady-abi presenter is a joke! btw, is this a comedy?
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
iv4fb: what a show, this lady-abi presenter is a joke! btw, is this a comedy?

She is not really a journalist, she is more of a commentator.
Also, keep in mind that Saharareporters is not a traditional news organization. They engage in 'citizen journalism'.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
Paul John:

I believe Nairaland can also catch up with the likes of FB and twitter in it's own unique way of debating and analyzing topics and will be quoted on well recognized international broadcasters. But Nairaland management are not really interested in promoting topics, news that involves other countries. More than 95% of the topics you see on the front page are nigeria related topics. Hence, making the forum less interesting to outsiders, except for topics relating to every human irrespective of the nationality.

If the management can at least promote top headlines from countries in Africa to the front page, Nairaland would be the first thing being referred to and quoted on matters concerning Africa on any international TV. Already, the forum has members from other countries in Africa; Cameron, Ghana, SA, Somalia, Sudan, Egypt,... They'll keep threads concerning their countries going if they see it on the most relevant page of the forum.

True. Nairaland is already the most visited website in Africa; surely Seun can use this to promote threads from other African nationals to the frontpage.
My 2 kobo.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by ayobase(m): 12:01am On Mar 10, 2013
Why careful when one is not stupid.....the stupid should be careful of what he/she posts on the social media like NL, and not the wise that knows what and why he/she posts!

In general, people's perception and assessment over what u post on here does matter though...."I'm faceless, nobody knows me"....Kudos, who told u that dey no sabi where ur papa house dey?

Imagine the day one of you will be apprehended, and asked "why did u call your presido, GEJ mu.mu/slow.poke"?

I wonder how u r gonna defend urself...."That he is the one responsible for the death of Damoche"?
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by PaulJohn1: 12:16am On Mar 10, 2013
CFCfan:

True. Nairaland is already the most visited website in Africa; surely Seun can use this to promote threads from other African nationals to the frontpage.
My 2 kobo.

Expected of a site meant for Africa's most populous nation.
Wider coverage will make the site compete with globally recognized sites.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 10, 2013
Paul John:

Expected of a site meant for Africa's most populous nation.
Wider coverage will make the site compete with globally recognized sites.

You are correct! Seun might even advertise his site in the print-media too.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Afam4eva(m): 12:23am On Mar 10, 2013
CFCfan:

You are correct! Seun might even advertise his site in the print-media too.
Nairaland just like Facebook doesn't need advertisement. How can the most visited African website be advertising on lesser platforms. It's like facebook going to punch website to advertise.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nairaland just like Facebook doesn't need advertisement. How can the most visited African website be advertising on lesser platforms. It's like facebook going to punch website to advertise.
Ok. i guess that wasn't a good idea.
Anyway, maybe we, as registered members, can do our bit by introducing friends and loved ones to this site.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by YorubaOmoge: 1:49am On Mar 10, 2013
Jarus:

Ok, wrong word. Not a reporter.

You just write "articles" and they sometimes end up in the paper.

Potato potata.

Find Out!:

LWKMD. If Jarus is a ''reporter'', then honestly, a large number of nairalanders will want to be ''reporters'' like Jarus when they realise the kind of ''media outfits'' Jarus has ''reported'' and is still ''reporting'' for. cheesy

Since when did 1st class Economics graduates from OAU begin to work as reporters Dude isn't a reporter o, tho he has been writing articles & letters which have been consistently published in Newspapers for at least 6 -7 yrs now. I knew Jarus' name (his real name that is ) long before I knew nairaland & have always been a fan of most of his writings.

The correspondence he has with SLS & other notable Nigerians is something any Nigerian can also have, if you have the intellect & the courage to seek that privilege.

Thank you sir.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by DICKtator: 2:00am On Mar 10, 2013
~vicky~:
we are moving forward cheesy

We are moving forward?
Na u get nairaland? Or u b shareholderess?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2013
She has a Nice Bottom Lip
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Abali1(m): 8:11am On Mar 10, 2013
One day one of my thread will get the attention of someone higher up, and something positive may come out it.
Am happy to be associated with NL, since 2008.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by jadajada: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2013
Afam4eva: We have to keep it real more than ever before especially now that our comments are been followed outside of Nairaland. Let our catalyst comments be published in every nook and cranny of Nigeria...I justdon't wanna get assasinated that'a all.
i hope ur keepin it real doesn't mean being an impostor. ASSASINATE! Who sabi u?
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Capnd143(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2013
Make una make sure my own enter oh! Which kind levels na? . . . .
Nw all those "how does this affect the prize of garri" posters will quit!
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by FindOut(m): 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:
Thank you sir.

you r welcome ma.
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Just saw this keeping it real thing and i must say good job.deola visit my website pls,would like to style you very soon wink www.valisimofashions.com
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Caracta(f): 9:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
@odunnu grin grin

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Odunnu: 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
Caracta: @odunnu grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by Caracta(f): 10:31am On Mar 12, 2013
Monday...

Re: Nairaland On 'Keeping It Real With Adeola' And Punch by EFOSAVAL(f): 1:13am On May 19, 2013
Classified add for interested persons only

[size=16pt]*********Promo from Valisimo Fashions*******we did it before,we are doing it again[/size]
Call us on 08096577157 or add us on bb-25EB1A4C
www.valisimofashions.com
www.valisimofashions..com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Not Aware Of Senator’s Akpabio Defection Rumour – PDP / Akwa Ibom Govt To List Ibom Air On The Nigerian Capital Market / ISWAP Attacks Askira Uba, Borno Deputy Speaker’s Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.