Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,056 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno (22315 Views)

Ogwuche(nyanya Bomb Suspect), Tahal (kano Arms Cache) & Dasuki Have Same Lawyer! / Obiano’s “Operation Kpochapu” Raids Criminal Hideouts, Recovers Arms Cache / Police Discover Arms Cache In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
If only the average Nigerian understood the complexities of unconventional warfare in a country as polarized as Nigeria. These JTF guys are heroes.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by 4Play(m): 9:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
I wonder how many of those 52 are innocent people. The Nigerian security forces' brutality is the best recruiting tool for Boko Haram.

2 Likes

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by sambos994(m): 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
4 Play: I wonder how many of those 52 are innocent people. The Nigerian security forces' brutality is the best recruiting tool for Boko Haram.

Yea, like innocent people would have enough arms to start a war. Id.iot

6 Likes

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by kaeto(m): 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
72 virgins * 52 bokos =
please do the maths, muhammed will need to recruit more virgins.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by tjskii(f): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
TechRev: (52+70) x 70 virgins .... *****whistles*** shocked shocked
cheesy
grin

3 Likes

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by leslieu63(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
Dear Lord how did this guys acquire anti aircraft guns!!!
these guys are no w a real threat.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by TriggerHappy: 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
decode55: 7virgins lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
27 rather grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by kaeto(m): 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
4 Play: I wonder how many of those 52 are innocent people. The Nigerian security forces' brutality is the best recruiting tool for Boko Haram.
FOOL! What do you know about innocense? With all the brain in your skull, an innocent aboki will sit comfortably in the midst of war from 8 to 3p.m., use your head oh or you just want to comment too...

4 Likes

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by cold(m): 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
Good..if it's war they want.It's WAR they'll get!We're ready!

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Proxytalk: 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Fed govt should mobilize all military formation to borno state and fight this batle once and for all. The aqim-alqaeda in the north Africa planned to penetrate Nigeria just as they did in mali startin from borno- yobe, but didnt know that Nigeria is too big for them. Now that french and nigeria troops have send them parking in northern mali including their trianing camp they lookin for where to pitch their base. So eradicating these extremist from borno may mean end of boko haram menace in nigeria
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Fantacy1(m): 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
Jux as I sd in previews topic, a killer must be killed. Thanks 2 JTF 4 dia efforts. 9ja must be sanitized no mata hw..
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Rossikk(m): 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
savcy: With the number of casualties wey I dey hear everyday about JTF vs BOKO BOYS for news ehn,I dey wonder if their population go still sizeable at all. But our Soja men dem sef. Evn US fight 4 afghanistan no dey record ds number of casualties. Life in 9ja na nutin

You must be insane to make the highlighted comment.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
Rubber bulletz
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by vizboy(m): 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
Nice one have heard too much of these bk boys. It time to delete them from earth
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
Pour fuel and set dem ablaze
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by chronique(m): 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Honestly,I think a full scale onslaught has to be declared on these guys in the entire north. Let them comb the entire length & breath of the north and smoke these guys out. I know it's not an easy task but it just has to be done.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Sibrah: 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
A weak attempt to make BH look like an External Opposition thing.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by belovedaja(m): 9:33pm On Mar 09, 2013
Why would the jtf say they have moles in boko haram camp. Their lives will be endangered now.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by phoneport(m): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
NA WERE THEM FOR SEE ALL THIS WEAPONS OF PEOPLE'S DESTRUCTION
I thought Boko Haram nor like Western Things
STUPID HARAM

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by belovedaja(m): 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Sibrah: A weak attempt to make BH look like an External Opposition thing.
what do you mean?
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Godjone(m): 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
free2ryhme: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1018128_ammunitions_borno_jpgf1fb27d5a18427660045d48b221b81ff

The Joint Task Force in Borno State says 52 members of the dreaded Islamic sect the Boko Haram were killed in a clash with security forces yesterday in Maiduguri the state capital.

The success is coming just one day after the president; Dr Goodluck Jonathan had lavished praises on the JTF for its gallantry in the fight against the menace of the Boko Haram during his two day official visit to Borno state.

A statement made available to newsmen in Maiduguri the Borno State capital by the JTF spokesman Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa reveals that JTF lost two personnel in the operation carried out between 3:00 and 8:00 PM yesterday around Bulabulin, Bayern quarters and Jajeri areas of Maiduguri metropolis.

The operation according to the statement was based on information and intelligent report leading to series of operations for the past ten days.

During the operation which witnessed stiff resistance yesterday by the insurgents according to the statement, ten out of the 52 killed are commanders of the insurgent, while three personnel of the security forces sustained injuries and are currently receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital.

Yesterday’s operation according to Sagir Musa recorded the largest arms recovery ever made by the JTF since the commencement of the insurgency.

Items recovered include 3 anti-aircraft guns, 10 Rocket Propelled Grenade Tubes, 3 General Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) and 17 AK 47 Rifles.

Others include; 20 RPG Bombs, 12 RPG chargers, 36 hand-held grenades, 33 AK47 magazines, 11 FN magazines and 11,068 assorted Ammunitions.

The operation according to the statement also led to the recovery of two technical vehicles with mounted anti-aircraft stands, five walkie-talkies, 4 VHF hand held sets and assorted uniforms and kits among others.

The statement also thanked members of the public and JTF moles in the Boko Haram camp for the timely information and asking other people to do same in the fight against the sects.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/09/jtf-kills-52-arrests-70-insurgents-with-arms-cache-in-borno/
Allhamdulilahi! Inshallah we are making progress in the fight against this pigs.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by KingsleyCEO: 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
I fear nigeria security forces o. They can call a dead man anything, so long he can not speak. Even when they mistakenly kill a civilian they just tag him a member of the sect. God is watching o.

They did it in Odi of Bayelsa before, so they can still do it again.

I'm just think aloud anyway.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Capnd143(m): 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
Fresh air at last! I hope them enjoy their 72virgins well in hell! Me i wander whether mohamed was a R.apist to have promised one ugly man 72 virgins oh!

MAY THE SOULS OF OUR HEROES WHO GAVE THEIR LIFE IN SERVICE OF OUR NATION REST IN PEACE! The labour of our heroes shall never be in vain! Kudos to JTF! Flush them out, those aboki underestimated foreign-trained soldiers

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Yeeyo: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
May God bless our president n galant nigeria army. I luv ma president is God dt apoint u, n u cn do it long life mr prezdo.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Burger01(m): 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
Boko Haram!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by Capnd143(m): 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
mosquitoNet: Tho Boko boys gave us a tough fight but we gave them no chances. No be small battle, I was on the flont line.
shebi . . . . Me sef oh! Your frontline da 4 nairaland forum abi? Abeg pass me garri + groundnut, make aboki go celebrate their 72virgins in hell with mohammed!

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by ukpaku: 9:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
kill them!kill them all!! Wait o, if them kill 55 them na hw many remain n who no be member for borno?
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by bubatts: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
Where will you keep the arrest fools, please silentily get rid of them, they are serious security liabilities. No arrest, he that live by the sword must die by the same.

1 Like

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by slimfit1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
This picture tells a lot of stories more than the eyes can see. It will be difficult to convince me that oil money didn't pay for this weapons.

Even the Nigerian military would tell you That they are not in procession of weapons like these, they surely do have a billionaire sponsoring them there is no doubt about it.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by benpuzzy(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan stunned elders and people of Borno State yesterday when he declared that he would not withdraw the Joint Task Force (JTF) Operation Restore Order from Borno State, as requested. Rather, he charged the elders to bring out the Boko Haram men and stop playing to the gallery over the security challenges in the area. Both Prof Nur Alkali, former Vice Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) state chairman, Alhaji Baba Basharu, had re-echoed the position of the Borno Elders’ Forum for the Federal Government to withdraw JTF troops and remove roadblocks and other security checks in the troubled state, alleging excesses in the operation of the troops and hardship of residents, as reasons for their calls.
Most participants, including elders of the Borno Elders’ Forum, community, religious and opinion leaders, members of the academia and politicians at the Presidential Town Hall meeting held at the Multi-Purpose Hall of the Maiduguri Government House yesterday, as part of the president’s one day visit to Borno State, had expected the Presidency to declare amnesty for Boko Haram and announce the withdrawal of JTF troops from the state. But the president, in his response told the elders to forget it. Jonathan said: “It is not time to play to the gallery, whether you are politicians or not. I must be very frank, I’m not comfortable with the way you spoke (referring to speakers who called for the removal of soldiers).
The conclusion from the speakers is that there are so many bunkers and roadblocks in Maiduguri and Borno. Why should bunkers come, in the first instance? ‘There are so many APC (Armoured Personnel Cars) in Borno.’ Who wants to send APC to Borno? Some people even suggested JTF should be removed. Who wants to continue to spend allowances on security troops? We want to use the money for allowances of the troops to develop infrastructure. From what I gathered during my visit to Yobe State, the crisis is going down, in Adamawa, Gombe and Bauchi, but we still have a lot of challenges in Borno. So, if you elders of Borno will not condemn it (Boko Haram), we will continue to suffer under terror here and we cannot develop Borno without peace.”
The president challenged the elders to sign an undertaking with him that killing would no longer take place in Borno as a conviction for him to order removal of JTF troops, bunkers and sandbags, as requested by the Borno elders. “If any of you elders can come out to sign an undertaking now with me to guarantee that nobody will be killed again in Borno, I will withdraw soldiers or JTF from Borno today,” he stated. He said soldiers should ordinarily not have gone to Borno and other volatile areas in the country but for the sophistication of weapons being used by militants. The president said the Federal Government has always admonished troops on special operation to conduct themselves professionally and adhere strictly to the rules of engagement, but maintained he would not sit as president and allow any personnel of the nation’s security agencies to be killed.
“These people left their families and stay in the bush, in the streets, in this scorching sun so that you can sleep comfortably in houses. Therefore, I will not sit as president of this country and allow any soldier or our security personnel to be killed. We will not and I repeat, we will not allow it to happen,” the president said emphatically. Jonathan urged the educated ones to weigh the worth of the statement they make while speaking to people, adding that he was shocked to learn that a professor in a state in the North was going about misinforming people that polio vaccine causes infertility in women. He said such evil campaign was inimical to the growth of the country. “I think if it is possible, they should have withdrawn the professorship of the man,” he said.
He promised that the Federal Government would partner states in the country affected by crises and other natural phenomenon to rebuild markets, public institutions and religious centres destroyed. Gov Kashim Shettima, who had earlier received the president in Government House, said it was the duty of the government and people of Borno State to unearth the Boko Haram, which they seek to negotiate with, an apparent reference to President Jonathan declaration in Yobe on Thursday that Boko Haram was still operating like ghost. “Our focus must be on the way forward and not to be stiff or go down to distraction,” Shettima said, promising his resolve not to abdicate his responsibilities to tackle poverty and unemployment among the people as panacea for the insurgency.

5 Likes

Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by benpuzzy(m): 9:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan stunned elders and people of Borno State yesterday when he declared that he would not withdraw the Joint Task Force (JTF) Operation Restore Order from Borno State, as requested. Rather, he charged the elders to bring out the Boko Haram men and stop playing to the gallery over the security challenges in the area. Both Prof Nur Alkali, former Vice Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) state chairman, Alhaji Baba Basharu, had re-echoed the position of the Borno Elders’ Forum for the Federal Government to withdraw JTF troops and remove roadblocks and other security checks in the troubled state, alleging excesses in the operation of the troops and hardship of residents, as reasons for their calls.
Most participants, including elders of the Borno Elders’ Forum, community, religious and opinion leaders, members of the academia and politicians at the Presidential Town Hall meeting held at the Multi-Purpose Hall of the Maiduguri Government House yesterday, as part of the president’s one day visit to Borno State, had expected the Presidency to declare amnesty for Boko Haram and announce the withdrawal of JTF troops from the state. But the president, in his response told the elders to forget it. Jonathan said: “It is not time to play to the gallery, whether you are politicians or not. I must be very frank, I’m not comfortable with the way you spoke (referring to speakers who called for the removal of soldiers).
The conclusion from the speakers is that there are so many bunkers and roadblocks in Maiduguri and Borno. Why should bunkers come, in the first instance? ‘There are so many APC (Armoured Personnel Cars) in Borno.’ Who wants to send APC to Borno? Some people even suggested JTF should be removed. Who wants to continue to spend allowances on security troops? We want to use the money for allowances of the troops to develop infrastructure. From what I gathered during my visit to Yobe State, the crisis is going down, in Adamawa, Gombe and Bauchi, but we still have a lot of challenges in Borno. So, if you elders of Borno will not condemn it (Boko Haram), we will continue to suffer under terror here and we cannot develop Borno without peace.”
The president challenged the elders to sign an undertaking with him that killing would no longer take place in Borno as a conviction for him to order removal of JTF troops, bunkers and sandbags, as requested by the Borno elders. “If any of you elders can come out to sign an undertaking now with me to guarantee that nobody will be killed again in Borno, I will withdraw soldiers or JTF from Borno today,” he stated. He said soldiers should ordinarily not have gone to Borno and other volatile areas in the country but for the sophistication of weapons being used by militants. The president said the Federal Government has always admonished troops on special operation to conduct themselves professionally and adhere strictly to the rules of engagement, but maintained he would not sit as president and allow any personnel of the nation’s security agencies to be killed.
“These people left their families and stay in the bush, in the streets, in this scorching sun so that you can sleep comfortably in houses. Therefore, I will not sit as president of this country and allow any soldier or our security personnel to be killed. We will not and I repeat, we will not allow it to happen,” the president said emphatically. Jonathan urged the educated ones to weigh the worth of the statement they make while speaking to people, adding that he was shocked to learn that a professor in a state in the North was going about misinforming people that polio vaccine causes infertility in women. He said such evil campaign was inimical to the growth of the country. “I think if it is possible, they should have withdrawn the professorship of the man,” he said.
He promised that the Federal Government would partner states in the country affected by crises and other natural phenomenon to rebuild markets, public institutions and religious centres destroyed. Gov Kashim Shettima, who had earlier received the president in Government House, said it was the duty of the government and people of Borno State to unearth the Boko Haram, which they seek to negotiate with, an apparent reference to President Jonathan declaration in Yobe on Thursday that Boko Haram was still operating like ghost. “Our focus must be on the way forward and not to be stiff or go down to distraction,” Shettima said, promising his resolve not to abdicate his responsibilities to tackle poverty and unemployment among the people as panacea for the insurgency.
Re: JTF Kills 52, Arrests 70 Insurgents With Arms Cache In Borno by mosquitoNet(m): 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2013
Capnd143: shebi . . . . Me sef oh! Your frontline da 4 nairaland forum abi? Abeg pass me garri + groundnut, make aboki go celebrate their 72virgins in hell with mohammed!
Abeg enter BRT lane jorrr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC / Saraki To Nigerian Youths: Turn Your Phones Into Business Tools / Tariff Hike: Electricity Meter Scarcity Persists Two Days To Policy Take-Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.