Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,709 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:41 AM

Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? (5472 Views)

Lagos To Install 10,000 CCTV Cameras Across The State / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ? / Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by billante(m): 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
I have noticed that lagos is getting it right in terms of security.....i have been driving around lagos and noticed the numerous cctv cameras positioned at almost every major road and corners in lagos and being monitored online real time from the network operating centers....giving the security operatives a good hold on the city.....any robbery or crime that takes place in the city will be contained in mins.

No wonder the recent bank robbery on thursday at zenith bank abule egba was foiled in mins and the whole eight robbers fully armed arrested,

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by FXKing2012(m): 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
Fashola is working. Eko o ni baje o!!!.

3 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by OmoTier1(m): 9:32pm On Mar 09, 2013
Very good development indeed! The next step is to sanitize the Nigerian Police Force, and orientate the mind set of the average Nigeria towards crime prevention. Good job Fashola. I hope other state governors are watching
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
seunfly:
Althoug i give kudos to Fashola 4 what he has been doing in Lagos but i think this is federal gov project and jonathan must be praised for that.
Dont mind dem. Due to scarcity of "Eko oni ba je" completed projects, ready for commissioning, the haters have now resorted to DAY LIGHT STEALING of federal govt completed projects.

One of them had already posted comments of mis-fired commendation (see below). I hope he will be honourable enough to modify the post and direct the commendation appropriately.

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Omo_Tier1 ( m ): 9:32pm
Very good development indeed! The next step is to sanitize the Nigerian Police Force, and orientate the mind set of the average Nigeria towards crime prevention. Good job Fashola. I hope other state governors are watching
( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Like )

12 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2013
Theft of praise is a sin punishable by hanging. Beware !!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by grafikii: 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Are you kidding me? The federal government installed cctv in lagos, tell me another lie

5 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by emiye(m): 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
CCTV cameras in Lagos by FG Maybe you meant Abuja.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by seunfly: 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
grafikii: Are you kidding me? The federal government installed cctv in lagos, tell me another lie
Although i am not that sure but i think federal gov installed it infact it was contracted to one chinesse company and was delay due to dispute in the allocation of telecomminication frequency to transmit the signal by NCC both in Lagos and Abuja. Who knows i may be wrong though but i am saying what i think i know which may not be the correct info.

2 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
Let me provide further clarification before the vultures invade this thread. The report below provides details of the Lagos CCTV camera project.

"Oluwatoyin Ayinde, Lagos State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, said the CCTV project was initiated by the Federal Government through the Ministry of Police Affairs in collaboration with the state government. He said the development was to have efficient crime monitoring and control, using security communication system. Over 1000 of the CCTVs are being currently installed in the state"

"They are being currently installed on major roads in the state including Lagos- Badagry express road, Ikorodu road, Lagos International Trade Fair Complex, Awolowo Road, Ikeja, First Avenue, Festac Town, Amuwo-Festac Link Road, amongother strategic public places"

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/40005-cctvs-installed-in-lagos-amid-nationwide-security-threat

It is the same Chinese company that is installing the CCTV cameras in Abuja and Lagos

13 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by karlmax2: 11:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Let me provide further clarification before the vultures invade this thread. The report below provides details of the Lagos CCTV camera project.

"Oluwatoyin Ayinde, Lagos State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, said the CCTV project was initiated by the Federal Government through the Ministry of Police Affairs in collaboration with the state government. He said the development was to have efficient crime monitoring and control, using security communication system. Over 1000 of the CCTVs are being currently installed in the state"

"They are being currently installed on major roads in the state including Lagos- Badagry express road, Ikorodu road, Lagos International Trade Fair Complex, Awolowo Road, Ikeja, First Avenue, Festac Town, Amuwo-Festac Link Road, amongother strategic public places"

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/40005-cctvs-installed-in-lagos-amid-nationwide-security-threat

It is the same Chinese company that is installing the CCTV cameras in Abuja and Lagos
that is the reason fashole is getting jitter about NGGT he knows that some of the project his asslickers claims his the one doing them would be exposed.i can see some his political jobbers here trying to steal the good work of the man they claim has not don anything since he became president.i am waiting for them to come and post fake link and doctored picture to support their claim or come and tell us how this cctv installation was conceived by obj.good one GEJ.

10 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by taharqa: 12:41am On Mar 10, 2013
Hehehehehehehehe..... They hv ran away, abi? Oya, @Omo-koko repeat dat yr commendatn again, this time replacing d 'fake' awardee with d real one... grin D; grin

5 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by karlmax2: 12:45am On Mar 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Very good development indeed! The next step is to sanitize the Nigerian Police Force, and orientate the mind set of the average Nigeria towards crime prevention. Good job GEJ. I hope OUR PAST PRESIDENTS are watching
FIXED

4 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Feedmemore(f): 12:57am On Mar 10, 2013
Good development...it will help prevent crime and other vices in Lagos, even though it's long overdue.

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by manny4life(m): 1:04am On Mar 10, 2013
I guess ALL praise be to GEJ and his crew then...

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 1:07am On Mar 10, 2013
manny4life: I guess ALL praise be to GEJ and his crew then...

Yeah, some of the praise should go to GEJ; while the LASG should also be praised for collaborating with the FG on this laudable project.

*I'm a neural commentator on Nigerian politics*
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Reptyle(m): 1:10am On Mar 10, 2013
Lagos State government had installed CCTV cameras in strategic locations as far back as 2009 if memory serves me right. Jonathan's CCTV project was conceptualized in 2010 and began in 2012. Even the FCT project has run into troubled waters and is a largely abandoned project.

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Reptyle(m): 1:12am On Mar 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Reptyle(m): 1:17am On Mar 10, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by omonnakoda: 1:22am On Mar 10, 2013
WHO PAID FOR THE CAMERAS AND HOW MUCH DID THEY PAY?
There is no need to praise anyone LASG or FG for what is a bogus and scam project. Why are we so stupid. Do the cameras work. Who monitors the images and what training have hey received. Has there been a single arrest not to talk of conviction based on these cameras?
Yet government borrowed almost 80 billion naira for this. Money that could fix several police colleges and improve their welfare. We do NOT need fuccking cameras
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Reptyle(m): 1:43am On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: WHO PAID FOR THE CAMERAS AND HOW MUCH DID THEY PAY?
There is no need to praise anyone LASG or FG for what is a bogus and scam project. Why are we so stupid. Do the cameras work. Who monitors the images and what training have hey received. Has there been a single arrest not to talk of conviction based on these cameras?
Yet government borrowed almost 80 billion naira for this. Money that could fix several police colleges and improve their welfare. We do NOT need fuccking cameras

Really annoying stuff I tell you. $470 million dollars out of which the Chinese Exim bank expects us to pay back 85% within10 years. Yet we have not even begun to enjoy the benefits of the project.

I do not share your opinion that we do not need cameras because we need them for so many reasons. Cities like Abuja and Lagos would be better policed if those cameras are up and working. So much has been invested in putting them up and the project must not be allowed to die. Whether the cameras work or not, we are going to be paying back the loan secured from China to finance the project.

This government needs to finish what it started.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by manny4life(m): 1:51am On Mar 10, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, some of the praise should go to GEJ; while the LASG should also be praised for collaborating with the FG on this laudable project.

*I'm a neural commentator on Nigerian politics*

Bros it's good to be neutral but let's call spade a spade, LASG just collaborated without funding, the whole idea started with GEJ - Planning, Surveying, Funding, Contracting, Executing, etc. They just needed LASG to be there because it's their jurisdiction, nothing else. Anyway, I respect your opinion on this matter

2 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by omonnakoda: 2:06am On Mar 10, 2013
manny4life:

Bros it's good to be neutral but let's call spade a spade, LASG just collaborated without funding, the whole idea started with GEJ - Planning, Surveying, Funding, Contracting, Executing, etc. They just needed LASG to be there because it's their jurisdiction, nothing else. Anyway, I respect your opinion on this matter
guy why not try and be objective.It is NOT CLEAR who is going to pay the loan. I do not know and you certainly do not because we are not provided that information anywhere. The whole idea started with GEJ. That is VERY FUNNY indeed. The damn thing is a scam whoever started it LASG or the FG. although I believe LASG initiated a different scheme which I believe was also a white elephant project and a way of stealing money about 3 years ago

Why because it needs trained staff to use the data.Just like you need trained staff to read an X-ray. We do not have the staff or a plan to train them. Here in the UK which is the most CCTV'd place on earth it is useful but marginally and almost always AFTER a crime rarely as a PREVENTIVE tool.

What does collaborate mean? I am scratching my head at you guys. It means =NON_PAYING ?
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by omonnakoda: 2:12am On Mar 10, 2013
Reptyle:

Really annoying stuff I tell you. $470 million dollars out of which the Chinese Exim bank expects us to pay back 85% within10 years. Yet we have not even begun to enjoy the benefits of the project.

I do not share your opinion that we do not need cameras because we need them for so many reasons. Cities like Abuja and Lagos would be better policed if those cameras are up and working. So much has been invested in putting them up and the project must not be allowed to die. Whether the cameras work or not, we are going to be paying back the loan secured from China to finance the project.

This government needs to finish what it started.
What exactly will cameras do for us in Nigeria a country where you cannot phone an ambulance or a fire engine. The utility of cameras in stopping activity like suicide bombing is ZERO as we saw in the UK 8 years ago. It is a LUXURY and not a priority for now given its cost . We do not have electricity which means solar and that technology in most cases tends to fail. Most of the solar street lights and water pumping systems installed by Fashola have failed repeatedly
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by PapaBrowne(m): 3:13am On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: guy why not try and be objective.It is NOT CLEAR who is going to pay the loan. I do not know and you certainly do not because we are not provided that information anywhere. The whole idea started with GEJ. That is VERY FUNNY indeed. The damn thing is a scam whoever started it LASG or the FG. although I believe LASG initiated a different scheme which I believe was also a white elephant project and a way of stealing money about 3 years ago

Why because it needs trained staff to use the data. Just like you need trained staff to read an X-ray. We do not have the staff or a plan to train them. [size=14pt]Here in the UK[/size] which is the most CCTV'd place on earth it is useful but marginally and almost always AFTER a crime rarely as a PREVENTIVE tool.

What does collaborate mean? I am scratching my head at you guys. It means =NON_PAYING ?

You would almost think the guy making the bolded comment works at the Presidency in Abuja considering how he is 100% sure that we do not have the staff or plan to train them! To think that he lives in the UK.
The stupidity displayed by many Nigerians just stinks!! How do you know there are no trained staff or no plan to train them?? So before any recruitment or training commences, the Government will go to your house in the UK to inform you first before you will agree abi? The UK embassy should screen people first before giving them visas!! You should be deported to East Timor for displaying so much unintelligence confidently!

10 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 10, 2013
Good idea. Thanks to both GEJ and Fashola!

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by seanet01: 4:35am On Mar 10, 2013
Reptyle: Here is another one:

https://www.nairaland.com/272211/lagos-installs-90-cctv-cameras
it is a Lagos state project afteral
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 10, 2013
Rubbish and nonsense

When armed robbers want to rob an area with this CCTV cameras, dem go use their AK47 to scatter the cameras first, then rob freely. Dem nor born police to show face.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 5:01am On Mar 10, 2013
Have you people lost your mind?
Which bush did you emerge from?

Fashola has had this project in place for ages - again before GEJ could find his shoes.
Soon this InSincere9gerian will come here proclaiming his honesty and impartiality.
Here he is again boldfacedly stealing another excellent Fashola project.

You people should be ashamed.
GEJ who watched as the police college deteriorated to the state of a public latrine is the one installing CCTV in Lagos!!! Yeah, right!!!
They don't even know the 1,2,3 of the one they started in Abuja, but will come to Lagos to steal Fashola's projects.
Fashola is spending billions on the police to keep Lagos safe, although this is supposed to be the FG's responsibility - but who is going to wait for an indolent center when there is serious work to do..

Awo ole jati jati!!!!

Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind dem. Due to scarcity of "Eko oni ba je" completed projects, ready for commissioning, the haters have now resorted to DAY LIGHT STEALING of federal govt completed projects.

One of them had already posted comments of mis-fired commendation (see below). I hope he will be honourable enough to modify the post and direct the commendation appropriately.

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Omo_Tier1 ( m ): 9:32pm
( Quote ) ( Report ) ( Like )

4 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 5:02am On Mar 10, 2013
A bi ara awon eleyi o ya ni.
GEJ cannot even spell CCTV!!!

all4naija: Good idea. Thanks to both GEJ and Fashola!

2 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 5:05am On Mar 10, 2013
Exactly.
When I say that nothing coming out of GEJ's admin and his 40 laptops and other mouthpieces is trustworthy they will start foaming in the mouth.
Fashola has been at this work and doing this excellent stuff before GEJ found his shoes.
They can't even figure out what they are doing with the one they started in Abjua - a city that was designed from the ground up.
Yet they will shamelessly stroll into Lagos to steal projects.

Reptyle: Lagos State government had installed CCTV cameras in strategic locations as far back as 2009 if memory serves me right. Jonathan's CCTV project was conceptualized in 2010 and began in 2012. Even the FCT project has run into troubled waters and is a largely abandoned project.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 10, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You would almost think the guy making the bolded comment works at the Presidency in Abuja considering how he is 100% sure that we do not have the staff or plan to train them! To think that he lives in the UK.
The stupidity displayed by many Nigerians just stinks!! How do you know there are no trained staff or no plan to train them?? So before any recruitment or training commences, the Government will go to your house in the UK to inform you first before you will agree abi? The UK embassy should screen people first before giving them visas!! You should be deported to East Timor for displaying so much unintelligence confidently!

Damn! Sir, that was cold sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Cries Bloody Murder – Nigeria Bans Tax Contractors / Tinubu Gives Strong Warning As He Finally Speaks On His Relationship Withbuhari, / Facebook User Calls Out Afikpo Chick 'maria Ude Nwachi',terms Her Pro Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.