Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? (5372 Views)

Lagos To Install 10,000 CCTV Cameras Across The State / Photo: Did Anyone Noticed This About The March 28 Presidential Election ? / Aba Banks Go On City-wide Protest Over Robberies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 10, 2013
It is such a disgrace that some persons are talking about installation of 90 CCTV cameras by Lagos state govt in 2009. What will be the impact of 90 CCTV cameras in the whole of Lagos state? In 2011, the FG installed atleast 100 CCTV cameras in Lagos Airport alone. Even that 100 is still not enough and more have been deployed since then
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/18996/2012/03/13/improving_airport_security_cctv_cameras.html

If the so called 90 CCTV cameras installed in Lagos was effective, how come the FG is now installing 1,000 cameras in Lagos (see my previous post)?

The @Op made a recent observation and that observation CANNOT by any stretch of imagination be attributed to a paltry 90 cameras installed in 2009.

The "Eko Oni ba je" crew should stop STEALING projects. This is why they'r afraid of the good governance tour.

5 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Sibrah: 8:21am On Mar 10, 2013
Why is the FG interested in Lagos in the first place? How many have they installed in Borno, Yobe or Kano? It must be the Gej/his supporters who are afraid if not you wouldn't be installing CCTVs in Lag when the North is being set on fire by BH.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Ejine(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2013
This comes as no surprise to me.
It was the same way Aregbesola tried to claim the Federal Government Power project as his own, and even called it "O-Power", until his nyash got torn open.
Read the thread. It was very entertaining. And Beaf, as usual, did not disappoint grin

Osun Flags Off O-Power?
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by jmaine: 8:58am On Mar 10, 2013
Ejiné: This comes as no surprise to me.
It was the same way Aregbesola tried to claim the Federal Government Power project as his own, and even called it "O-Power", until his nyash got torn open.
Read the thread. It was very entertaining. And Beaf, as usual, did not disappoint grin

Osun Flags Off O-Power?

One Propaganda thread that go me reeling in laughter grin . . . .
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Ejine(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2013
Sibrah: Why is the FG interested in Lagos in the first place? How many have they installed in Borno, Yobe or Kano? It must be the Gej/his supporters who are afraid if not you wouldn't be installing CCTVs in Lag when the North is being set on fire by BH.

I really hate to say this, but you need to stop sounding like a bloody illiterate.
Lagos, being Nigeria's most populous city (and therefore a microcosm of Nigeria) is definitely deserving of all the attention it gets, because it is the country's economic capital, cultural centre and entertainment centre.
I'm forced to ask if you actually finished secondary school, but I'll hold that back for now.

Countries and states around the world put in a lot of effort to ensure their largest cities are at top form, even if they're not the seats of government.

USA's capital is the District of Columbia, but she invests heavily in New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago. Likewise South Africa which invests heavily in Johannesburg.

I've had it with people on this forum coming out to speak with absolutely nothing upstairs, but just trying to boost their post count. It's embarrassing.

6 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Reptyle(m): 11:36am On Mar 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It is such a disgrace that some persons are talking about installation of 90 CCTV cameras by Lagos state govt in 2009. What will be the impact of 90 CCTV cameras in the whole of Lagos state? In 2011, the FG installed atleast 100 CCTV cameras in Lagos Airport alone. Even that 100 is still not enough and more have been deployed since then
http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/18996/2012/03/13/improving_airport_security_cctv_cameras.html

If the so called 90 CCTV cameras installed in Lagos was effective, how come the FG is now installing 1,000 cameras in Lagos (see my previous post)?

The @Op made a recent observation and that observation CANNOT by any stretch of imagination be attributed to a paltry 90 cameras installed in 2009.

The "Eko Oni ba je" crew should stop STEALING projects. This is why they'r afraid of the good governance tour.

The above still does not change the fact that the LASG had conceptualized and began to execute a city wide CCTV coverage project before the advent of the federal government's intervention. It also does not change the fact that while the state government successfully installed and is operating some of the said cameras, the FG project is fast devolving into another moribund project for which the country is worse off for as it represents an increase in her external debt profile.

I am not out to join issues with anyone on the merits or demerits of installing cameras in Lagos or anywhere else. I only seek to set the records straight.

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Reptyle(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: What exactly will cameras do for us in Nigeria a country where you cannot phone an ambulance or a fire engine. The utility of cameras in stopping activity like suicide bombing is ZERO as we saw in the UK 8 years ago. It is a LUXURY and not a priority for now given its cost . We do not have electricity which means solar and that technology in most cases tends to fail. Most of the solar street lights and water pumping systems installed by Fashola have failed repeatedly

To set the records straight yet again, Lagos has a functional emergency and crisis helpline. Dial 767 on ur phone toll free to get help in time of crises. Now, whether that help gets to you in good time is another question. But at least the availability of the hotline is a step in the right direction.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by manny4life(m): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: guy why not try and be objective.It is NOT CLEAR who is going to pay the loan. I do not know and you certainly do not because we are not provided that information anywhere. The whole idea started with GEJ. That is VERY FUNNY indeed. The damn thing is a scam whoever started it LASG or the FG. although I believe LASG initiated a different scheme which I believe was also a white elephant project and a way of stealing money about 3 years ago

Why because it needs trained staff to use the data.Just like you need trained staff to read an X-ray. We do not have the staff or a plan to train them. Here in the UK which is the most CCTV'd place on earth it is useful but marginally and almost always AFTER a crime rarely as a PREVENTIVE tool.

What does collaborate mean? I am scratching my head at you guys. It means =NON_PAYING ?

Haha, as much as the funding part is important, there are million of funded items from the FG, why is this any special? That it is a scam to you doesn't mean it is to others, if the sole purpose and benefit outweighs the cost, then the cost is worth it. It may indeed be an white elephant project (usual term for critics), nonetheless, if LASG has claimed success thus far, so be it.

What makes you believe that staff aren't trained? For crying out loud it's a CCTV camera that relays feeds backs to operation centers, what makes the training any different than technicians learning a new computer skill?

In your infinite wisdom, you believe that we do not have the staff? Lol, dude please STOP. Learning even a complex software takes few months let alone a CCTV camera that a young adult can manipulate that should take no more than 30-days of training. Heck chain stores like Walmart have CCTV for surveillance and heck those who operate it have less than BSC, so for you to claim "we do not have any staff" is indeed laughable.

Don't you just love how you make your argument, "UK is the most CCTV'd place on earth"... LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if I buy that argument, because it's used AFTER the fact in the U.K., for instance in DC, it's used BEFORE AND AFTER THE FACT. Most PD's rely on useful information to STOP crime before they even begin, for instance analyst at the Washington Metropolitan Police looks for abnormal behaviors round the clock through their feeds. Do you know how many robberies and murders that have been thwarted in Downtown? Now I did not say that these doesn't occur, but most likely than not, most have been botched.

CCTV all depends on what uses you want it, store CCTV is pretty much there to pick up information while theft is going on in the store and apprehend the culprit, MPD's depending on the city can flag certain information based upon any anomaly filtered into their database while advanced surveillance systems can make informed decisions on their own and alerts analyst on certain data. My point, making a general claim if "AFTER THE FACT" is laughable.

You're asking what is collaboration, why don't you ask Google grin grin

That two people collaborating on a project means they're working together on the project, how they define the contributory equity of the project (one provides the funding, while the other brings the idea) has absolutely no bearing on the term "collaboration".

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
Reptyle:

The above still does not change the fact that the LASG had conceptualized and began to execute a city wide CCTV coverage project before the advent of the federal government's intervention. It also does not change the fact that while the state government successfully installed and is operating some of the said cameras, the FG project is fast devolving into another moribund project for which the country is worse off for as it represents an increase in her external debt profile.

I am not out to join issues with anyone on the merits or demerits of installing cameras in Lagos or anywhere else. I only seek to set the records straight.

You guys are becoming sooooo pathetic. You said the FG under Jonathan is not performing so you were insulting him. Now his projects are materializing and we can see that he is performing, you are now saying he should stop performing!! This has to be a new form of insanity.

Why are you angry with the FG who has supplied 1000 cctvs in Lagos in an on going project and yet you are satisfied with LASG who promised to supply 10,000 CCTVs in 2011 but supplied only 100.

Fashola bought Helicopters to improve security in the Lagos but these helicopters ended up with an oil company in Port Harcourt. ACN tribalists think its alright.
[url]http://saharareporters.com/news-page/scam-lagos-state-helicopters-purchased-crime-fighting-are-converted-private-commercial-use
[/url]
Fashola bought a boat for 8 Billion Naira claiming they wanted to use as a Hotel. The yacht is rotting away at the Marina. ACN tribalists think that is alright.

But the FG installs security cameras in Lagos that would improve your security, you are here making noise!

I am a big Fan of Fashola and his works at putting in place systems that would make Lagos work both now and long time into the future.
What I dont get though is the huge tribal bias ACN followers display when good works come from outside of the ACN region!!

6 Likes

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by omonnakoda: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
manny4life:

Haha, as much as the funding part is important, there are million of funded items from the FG, why is this any special? That it is a scam to you doesn't mean it is to others, if the sole purpose and benefit outweighs the cost, then the cost is worth it. It may indeed be an white elephant project (usual term for critics), nonetheless, if LASG has claimed success thus far, so be it.

What makes you believe that staff aren't trained? For crying out loud it's a CCTV camera that relays feeds backs to operation centers, what makes the training any different than technicians learning a new computer skill?

In your infinite wisdom, you believe that we do not have the staff? Lol, dude please STOP. Learning even a complex software takes few months let alone a CCTV camera that a young adult can manipulate that should take no more than 30-days of training. Heck chain stores like Walmart have CCTV for surveillance and heck those who operate it have less than BSC, so for you to claim "we do not have any staff" is indeed laughable.

Don't you just love how you make your argument, "UK is the most CCTV'd place on earth"... LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if I buy that argument, because it's used AFTER the fact in the U.K., for instance in DC, it's used BEFORE AND AFTER THE FACT. Most PD's rely on useful information to STOP crime before they even begin, for instance analyst at the Washington Metropolitan Police looks for abnormal behaviors round the clock through their feeds. Do you know how many robberies and murders that have been thwarted in Downtown? Now I did not say that these doesn't occur, but most likely than not, most have been botched.

CCTV all depends on what uses you want it, store CCTV is pretty much there to pick up information while theft is going on in the store and apprehend the culprit, MPD's depending on the city can flag certain information based upon any anomaly filtered into their database while advanced surveillance systems can make informed decisions on their own and alerts analyst on certain data. My point, making a general claim if "AFTER THE FACT" is laughable.

You're asking what is collaboration, why don't you ask Google grin grin

That two people collaborating on a project means they're working together on the project, how they define the contributory equity of the project (one provides the funding, while the other brings the idea) has absolutely no bearing on the term "collaboration".
Once again we do not know what collaboration means in this instance,you choose to make up your own conclusion and your bias is just obvious. We do not know whether any deductions for the loan will be made from Lagos. It is also true that LASG had started a CCTV project before the FG came in and long before Boko Haram. Narurally they should collaborate to avoid duplication but the fact is LASG started it You assert that it is GEJ's idea which realy makes you look ridiculous

.The other issue is who is going to man /monitor the cameras. FYI there is a security fund in Lagos which is funded by citizens and corporate entities NOT FG or LASG but DONATIONS paying for what the FG should pay for. If the FG does not budget for training and employment of the staff which I believe they haven't because tha is how Nigeria works who will pay for it if not LASG or the security fund. So when you define collaboration as meaning no financial contribution you lose credibility

For me whether it is FG or LASG is irrelevant we do not need them now for the simple reason we dot not have the expertise or resources to optimize their value and the Solar backed technology is unproven ANYWHERE.
I do not see why you and the Fashola boys are choosing to politicize an issue when the key information about funding etc is obscure.

The issue of staff is not about manipulating the CCTV but knowing what images mean. If the FG does not fund the police operations in LASG to the extent that the security fund is buying boats APCs etc where will the money for staff come from the same FG that cannot fix Police college. ??
We do not need it at this cost .We certainly do NOT need to BORROW from the same person selling it to us. Finally are those already installed working?

PS
yes the UK is the most CCTV 'd place on earth.Find out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8159141.stm
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by EkoIle1: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
Sibrah: Why is the FG interested in Lagos in the first place? How many have they installed in Borno, Yobe or Kano? It must be the Gej/his supporters who are afraid if not you wouldn't be installing CCTVs in Lag when the North is being set on fire by BH.

It's follow follow just to pretend like they are doing something, the follow Lagos state's direction like mumu with no original ideas.

Just like Ikorodu road, they ignored that road for decades, but the minute the Lagos state government mobilized workers to repair the road, they showed up to do patch patch with agidi but refused to pay attention to their other failed responsibilitis all over the state.

They are just worthless and incompetent trolls
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by geeez: 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
To all you haters, the CCTVs were deployed by BRF and its been ongoing for a while. There are also surveillance cameras on Third Mainland Bridge

Lagos State controls the monitoring centre and it is entirely a Lagos project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZd744ITJK4

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by billante(m): 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
GEJ supporters says its FG project! ACN supporters says its Fashola project.....who we go believe now
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
All you need to know is that Fashola has been installing CCTVs in Lagos before GEJ found his shoes.

And the fact that 90 cameras were installed in 2009 doesn't mean that was all. Unlike some people Fashola is not going to commission a project everytime he adds another 100.

GEJ and his accolites need to show us how well their CCTVs in their own city Abuja is working, not come to Lagos and engage in project stealing. Even if the FG provided some CCTv cameras that doesn't mean it becomes an FG project. Otherwise the police in Lagos should be the state police given how much Fashola has been spending on this Federal apparatus.

Like I said before - awon ole jati jati.

billante: GEJ supporters says its FG project! ACN supporters says its Fashola project.....who we go believe now
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by seunfly: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
billante: GEJ supporters says its FG project! ACN supporters says its Fashola project.....who we go believe now
Don't mind them all, they all follow and support their choice blindly, looking for any cheap point to project that their inferior choice is superior. That is why all of them will be defending what all of us know is not wrong and not defendable, at the same time they will be castigating what we all know is comendable i guess that is the reason why they keep claiming project of each others and celebrate medeocrity in leaders. Sometime if they don't have any cards to play they turn it into ethniciy rivary or religious superiority. Why must we fight over this things, is jonathan not the president with the mandate to make the nation safe or is Fashola not the governor with responsibility of making the state secure.
Sometimes i think that we youth are our own main problem, we have misplace priority instead of us to unite and demand for better life for today and our future through good governance we allow them to penetrate and divide us along intrest, ethnic and religious. For what value? No value, how much will they give us that will compare to good society, prosperous society and secured society through their undiluted marvelous governance.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by babapupa: 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2013

The difference is, we can show you ours and back ours with proof, but the y can not ....

Where is their camera,? Pronouncements is one thing, putting your money where your mouth is is another thing.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2013
This video, as far back as 2009, already mentioned 10000 solar powered CCTVs - I am sure Fashola has added more since then as needed.
I don't know from where this lying InSincere9gerian pulled out only 90 CCTVs installed by LASG.
This is another demonstration of the dishonorable behavior of this PDP operative.
InSincere9gerian needs to keep his ignoramus fingertips away from anything that has to do with Lagos.
He appears to have just emerged from the netherworld completely ignorant of the great strides of Fashola in Lagos.
But we are wiser, he is just doing his job of confusing issues, promoting a race-to-the-bottom approach to Nigeria.
Only under such a race-to-the-bottom approach would another dufus make it to Aso Rock in 2015 - and they would like to keep the current one there.

geeez: To all you haters, the CCTVs were deployed by BRF and its been ongoing for a while. There are also surveillance cameras on Third Mainland Bridge
Lagos State controls the monitoring centre and it is entirely a Lagos project

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by babapupa: 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by babapupa: 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
manny4life:

Dude, we came up with this idea and we've planted many CCTVs in lagos state with command and monitoring centers and the fact that your uncles in Abuja are jumping on the wagon and doing follow follow with pronouncements doesn't mean they have a single CCTV planted in Lagos state.

To be taken seriously, show us their CCTV in Lagos State and when you are done, show us their command center where they monitor their images. Until then, you are blowing nothing but hot mess and you should never be taken seriously just like your aso rock lying uncles..
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by superbloke(m): 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Sincere9gerian
your earlier post says it's a collaboration with the FG through the ministry of police affairs. Why else would the LASG partner the FG if not because they control the police? It is not possible to have such a project without involving the police, controlled by the FG. So saying the credit should go to Jonathan is just being dishonest.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
Fashola has never claimed any FG project as his own, but the FG, shamelessly, has demonstrated a penchant for attempting to latch on to Lagos projects and make it like it is GEJ's doing. Obviously, when a thief comes into your house you defend yourself although you would never go steal in his house or any other.

What I am saying is if you are tired of these back and forth crap - tell GEJ's goons to stop latching on to projects they know very little about.
It is required of government to show us what they are doing with our money, and to suggest that a SG or FG distinguishing its projects from the others is nonsense is to fall into the hands of loudmouths and plain project-thieves, as we have here.

seunfly:
Don't mind them all, they all follow and support their choice blindly, looking for any cheap point to project that their inferior choice is superior. That is why all of them will be defending what all of us know is not wrong and not defendable, at the same time they will be castigating what we all know is comendable i guess that is the reason why they keep claiming project of each others and celebrate medeocrity in leaders. Sometime if they don't have any cards to play they turn it into ethniciy rivary or religious superiority. Why must we fight over this things, is jonathan not the president with the mandate to make the nation safe or is Fashola not the governor with responsibility of making the state secure.
Sometimes i think that we youth are our own main problem, we have misplace priority instead of us to unite and demand for better life for today and our future through good governance we allow them to penetrate and divide us along intrest, ethnic and religious. For what value? No value, how much will they give us that will compare to good society, prosperous society and secured society through their undiluted marvelous governance.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2013

My friend, you dont have to be confused. Even from the posts so far, the truth is obvious and the THIEVES, awon ole, ndi ori and barawo have been exposed.

Besides the NL report that claimed installation of 90 CCTV cameras by Lagos state govt, there's no other evidence of state govt installation of cameras
https://www.nairaland.com/272211/lagos-installs-90-cctv-cameras

Following that NL report, it is doubtful if anything was done because in that same thread, some Nlanders claimed they did not see anything, while others believed by faith. Assuming the state govt actually installed 90 cameras in Lagos, of what significance will 90 cameras be in Lagos that requires thousands of camera?

To make matters worse there was NO EVIDENCE in that report to suggest the deployement was a continuous thing.

Another suspicious thing about the claim of deployment of 90 cameras in 2009, is the ABSOLUTE LACK of media coverage of the project. This is VERY UNLIKE a Lagos state govt that is in love with media propaganda.

And we'r talking of a RECENT development, not something that happened in 2009. It's possible if we continue looking back, Lord Lugard and Lateef Jakande may also have installed one or two CCTV cameras (or the version that existed at that time) during their time.

On the other hand, the federal govt CCTV camera project, which is meant to roll out street lights in Abuja, Lagos and PortHarcourt in the first phase is all over the media. The project is being handled by a Chinese company. Just google CCTV cameras, Abuja, Lagos and you'll see several reports on the project, including the challenges facing the project.

The roll out of the FG CCTV cameras in Lagos was announced by non other than a COMMISSIONER in the cabinet of Fashola. The commissioner made it clear that the project was INITIATED by the FG thru the Ministry of Police Affairs. He also stated the number of cameras being rolled out:

"Oluwatoyin Ayinde, Lagos State Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, said the CCTV project was initiated by the Federal Government through the Ministry of Police Affairs in collaboration with the state government. He said the development was to have efficient crime monitoring and control, using security communication system. Over 1000 of the CCTVs are being currently installed in the state"

"They are being currently installed on major roads in the state including Lagos- Badagry express road, Ikorodu road, Lagos International Trade Fair Complex, Awolowo Road, Ikeja, First Avenue, Festac Town, Amuwo-Festac Link Road, among other strategic public places"

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/40005-cctvs-installed-in-lagos-amid-nationwide-security-threat

Lack of projects to commission is obviously causing desperation and panick among the "Eko oni ba je" crew. This panick and desperation have manifested in the shameless FAILED attempts to STEAL PROJECTS.

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
They talk more than they do.
It is the hallmark of the GEJ presidency.
Government by loud-mouthing and lies.

babapupa:
Dude, we came up with this idea and we've planted many CCTVs in lagos state with command and monitoring centers and the fact that your uncles in Abuja are jumping on the wagon and doing follow follow with pronouncements doesn't mean they have a single CCTV planted in Lagos state.

To be taken seriously, show us their CCTV in Lagos State and when you are done, show us their command center where they monitor their images. Until then, you are blowing nothing but hot mess and you should never be taken seriously just like your aso rock lying uncles..
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Shameless liar and project-thief
What do you call the video below - from 2009 nonetheless?

Even your submissions shows you as a crass opportunist.
[size=14pt]The OP talked about an operating CCTV system that consists of over 10000 CCTV Cameras.
You are countering with 1000 CCTVs that is "currently being installed".
"Currently being installed" is not the same as installed and operating.
Just let us know when you phantom 1000 Cameras are completed and operating.
Meanwhile, keep your envious eyes off Fashola's projects!!!
[/size]

Sincere 9gerian:
To make matters worse there was NO EVIDENCE in that report to suggest the deployement was a continuous thing.

Over 1000 of the CCTVs are being currently installed in the state"
"They are being currently installed on major roads
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by ifyalways(f): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Papabrowne, was it Fashola or Tinubu that bought the sunborn(sp) yatch hotel?
Its truly rotting away at the marina.
@topic, it would be nice to read of a crime twarted because of this CCTV or even crime solved instead of the usual "we are on investigations" the police feed us with.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by koruji(m): 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
The OP posted his comments exactly because he connected the CCTV System (Fashola's, not the "currently being installed", never know when it will start operating, FG's) to a crime that was promptly solved in his area.

Curses (and more than curses) will rain on the FG if it brings its well-known incompetence, which is why it can't contain deadly situations in the north and other regions, to dabaru things in Lagos. Fashola has things well under control in Lagos - GEJ should go and install his phantom cameras in Borno where they are needed to monitor Boko Haram activities!!! Evn if the FG wants to help in Lagos, since security is the FG's responsibility in Nigeria, it should keep its yeye politics out of Lagosian's life.

ifyalways: @Papabrowne, was it Fashola or Tinubu that bought the sunborn(sp) yatch hotel?
Its truly rotting away at the marina.
@topic, it would be nice to read of a crime twarted because of this CCTV or even crime solved instead of the usual "we are on investigations" the police feed us with.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by ProAnti: 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
@Kuroji,

Is the FG installing CCTV cameras in Lagos?

Does the FG have the right to install CCTV cameras in Lagos?

Would it be wrong for the FG to put party affiliations aside and work with LASG to work for the betterment of the masses?

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by Maxymilliano(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pathetic lot you guys are on here, good initiatives by government irrespective of where the idea came from and here you see non-entities jostling for supremacy on what they clearly know next to nothing about apart from newspaper feeds...

You pathetic lot is everything wrong with Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by babapupa: 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pro Anti: @Kuroji,

Is the FG installing CCTV cameras in Lagos?

Does the FG have the right to install CCTV cameras in Lagos?

Would it be wrong for the FG to put party affiliations aside and work with LASG to work for the betterment of the masses?

Having rights to do anything doesn't mean you can do it or you are competent enough to do it. Making pronouncements means nothing until you are competent enough to back it up with actions. Anybody can issue pronouncements.
Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by ProAnti: 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
babapupa:

Having rights to do anything doesn't mean you can do it or you are competent enough to do it. Making pronouncements means nothing until you are competent enough to back it up with actions. Anybody can issue pronouncements.

Who/what determines competence?

1 Like

Re: Have Anyone Noticed The City Wide CCTV Cameras In Lagos?? by babapupa: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
Pro Anti:

Who/what determines competence?

Your track record and ability to perform any task.. And what's this got to do with anything?

You can show us the FG cctv monitors, control and monitor centers in lagos if you can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Governorship Aspirant Sues Ekiti Over Damage Of Billboard / Origin Beer Vs Ace Roots / My Sympathy For APC Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.