Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! (1375 Views)

A Nairalander Finally Develop His First Android Game (screenshots) / Post Your HD Games Screenshots / List Of Third Person Shooter (TPS) HD Games For Android. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! by Neoteny(m): 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2008
here are a few screenshots from the game im making using the tools i mentioned here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-110554.0.html

im running it in test mode with 19,000 polygons at soft lightmaps, textures set at 256*256, no pixel shaders, and static lights.

tried building a demo of one level/ three segments at half lightmapping, half texture scale and pixel shaders but the compiler can't build the game at those settings on my computer and gets stuck at creating lightmaps. i left it building overnight but no show. i may have to reduce the graphics settings, or do away entirely with dynamic lighting. or maybe  use low poly models and do away with pixel shaders. im already building my actors on milkshape on low poly, because i don't like the prefabs.

however will definitely have a playable demo by next week.

the pix are from my iphone cam, cropped to reduce the size. not clear enough.
what do you all think?

Re: Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! by justbones(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2008
nut bad
Re: Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! by dinozzo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 23, 2008
not bad. I'll like to see the demo when you are done.
Re: Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! by pein(m): 7:12am On Mar 24, 2008
@neoteny
not bad at all but dnt tell me its some space-themed shooter!!anyway would like a demo maybe we can help smoothing out the edges in terms of gameplay,graphics,story etc.great work tho!
Re: Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! by Frizy(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2008
Good work!! I will love you to send your demo, I mean I can participate as a tester.
Re: Screenshots From My First Person Shooter Game! by Neoteny(m): 9:41am On Mar 25, 2008
thanks. actually for now wthe gameplay is mediocre because of poor AI scripting. Reality Factory is better at scripting but i can move to that only when im done modelling my actors. it also has better lightmapping.

that zombie in the screenshot is cannonfodder, but he is supposed to attack, not just stand there. im rewriting his script though.

see that generator in the last pic? its hovering midair! damn, i misssed that one. back to the drwing board.

it has to be space themed cause my only other option is world war two, and that one im fed up of.

im also dabbling with dark basic, gives great access to direct x.

im making a short movie with Iclone to serve as a front end to the story, and also photoshopping some jpegs for game artwork (menu screens, title etc). but my filter expertise is crappy.

problem: i don't have enough time.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Gateway 3DS Flashcard-the Only Flashcard For 3DS / All Boxed Ps3(160gig) For Sale With Additions / Xbox Pc Gamepad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.