Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! (16413 Views)

In Maiduguri, E-Kanemi Warriors Hosted Shooting Stars FC / Shooting Stars Tweet About Maiduguri; Funny Or Inappropriate? / Moses Ogaga Is Dead (Shooting Stars Striker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by successcertain: 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
is there a way i can stream nigeria league on the internet? can someone please help me with a link because im presently out of the country and im missing out on the action.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedLight1: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
Theben: You don't have to struggle to watch NPL all in the name of promoting the league. EPL is widely followed cos of the fun, the atmosphere, and the quality of play. This cannot be said of the NPL.

To tell you how boring NPL is, one tend to dose off 5 minutes into the game. So, of what use will it be imposing what you don't enjoy on yourself?
you sleep off cos u dont have any passion for it... i sleep off whenever i watch serie A matches or laliga .... but when a lot of people start supporting NPL like EPL ....the passion will come

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by PastorKun(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
Meanwhile what is this 'dubic' on their shirt all about? Are they sponsors? What company or product is called dubic?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedLight1: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2013
proudlysports: Official website of Shooting Stars

http://www.shootingstarssc.net/
cool cool cool cool thanks ..*bookmarking*.. i hope they create a portal for us to watch their matches live
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedLight1: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun: Meanwhile what is this 'dubic' on their shirt all about? Are they sponsors? What company or product is called dubic?
dubic lager beer
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by SirElaw(m): 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
okay dis s gud
lets promote wat is ours
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by PastorKun(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
Red-Light:
dubic lager beer

Is it a locally available product? Never heard of it.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by sweetgala(m): 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
My people, I would like to get the Jersey
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedReact: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
The Modi no dey hear word, abi? The name na Oluyole Warriors and not Oluwole Warriors.
E bi like say you wan see Bashorun Oluyole red eyes abi? gringringrin
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
RedReact: The Modi no dey hear word, abi? The name na Oluyole Warriors and not Oluwole Warriors.
E bi like say you wan see Bashorun Oluyole red eyes abi? gringringrin

It's been fixed.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by peckhamboi: 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:
Is it a locally available product? Never heard of it.

Pastor, Dubic is manufactured by Guiness Nigeria Ltd. It's their lager brand.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by mannys(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Although I am an Enyimba fan, I support any Nigerian team in the continent like most of you does..Aside the Enyimba triumphs of the 2000s..no match captivated me likd the 3Sc and Zamalek match of 1996..Shooting played beautiful football...I remember Duke Udi the play maker and there was this bulky striker they had...Not forgetting Zamalek's Golden Quran..that game was d bomb!

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedReact: 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
^^^
That era na heartbreak era for all soccer loving Nigerians because everybody was in support of 3SC. It's Enyimba's victories at the continental level that silenced those painful experiences.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
That era na heartbreak era for all soccer loving Nigerians because everybody was in support of 3SC. It's Enyimba's victories at the continental level that silenced those painful experiences.

True. I remember Enyimba's first triumph in December 2003 at the Ismaili stadium. Even though Enyimba lost the game 1-0, they won the cup on a 2-1 aggregate.

But it took at least 40 mins before Obinna Nwanneri could lift the cup, because of the rioting by the Ismaili fans at the stadium. That was indeed a hellish experience for Enyimba.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by RedReact: 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
^^^
I believe that if we can canvass support for our own league once again, Nigeria will fly high at the continental levels again and the league will be more fun-filled like it was in the 80s and 90s. I just hope the government will support and renumerate the players well, and NFF should borrow themselves brain from South Africa or Europe.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by PastorKun(m): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
peckhamboi:

Pastor, Dubic is manufactured by Guiness Nigeria Ltd. It's their lager brand.

I thought Harp was there Larger brand! Well they probably have more than one Larger brand they produce. Anyway I hope sooting got a good deal on the shirt branding deal.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by saamebaba23: 8:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=fyneguy]

Was the stadium filled up?

Quality of play?

Any pix?[/quot

Yes the stadium was filled up to capacity
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by saamebaba23: 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
fyneguy:

Was the stadium filled up?

Quality of play?

Any pix?
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Theben(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2013
Who will ever believe that the NPL is older than the MLS? The quality of players and the finance can go a long way in developing a league.

1 Like

Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by abbeynism(m): 8:56am On Mar 12, 2013
That's good of you brother. I have spent years being a die hard fan of Oluyole Warriors. I have travelled with them for away matches when I was in Ibadan. Always a great team. These team can only get better by supporting them and watching their matches at the stadium.

Nigeria league is the future of Nigeria football if well managed. keep the ball rolling.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Trachea: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2013
akinalabi:

The nineties was fantastic. We won the maiden edition of CAF cup in 1992 in Felix Owolabi's last season. We were unfortunate not to win the Champions Cup in 1996 losing on penalties to our nemesis, Zamalek.

You are right about the atmosphere. You no go find bus for Saturday afternoon if sootin dey home.

That's true. I remember we use to trek from oluyole estate to liberty stadium and back in multtitudes. It was always fun.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by mdee1(m): 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
They shld change sum of their playaz to make d team beta

wit playaz like me,its win win all d time!:-)
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
Pls, does anyone know the full meaning of 3SC? up sooting!!!
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by PastorKun(m): 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
big deal 007: Pls, does anyone know the full meaning of 3SC? up sooting!!!

Shooting Stars Sports Club. The 3s comes from the first letters in the words of their name. The club used to be called IICC Shooting stars in those days.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by kq(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wa sere omo...to all my fellow Sutin fans. Yes indeed we need to support ours. Just to inform us i remember there was a little blue book titled Up Sutin! about the good old days of the club with stories about Best Ogedengbe, Segun odegbami and co. It helps to get a hold of the book as it details the history of the club and the name changes it went through.

Up Sutin!
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by akinalabi(m): 1:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
abbeynism: That's good of you brother. I have spent years being a die hard fan of Oluyole Warriors. I have travelled with them for away matches when I was in Ibadan. Always a great team. These team can only get better by supporting them and watching their matches at the stadium.

Nigeria league is the future of Nigeria football if well managed. keep the ball rolling.

Absolutely.

Stephen Keshi proved to the whole world that there will always be good players in the local league.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by akinalabi(m): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by coogar: 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
they should bring leventis united back......that's the only nigerian football club that had the hallmark of a european club! they are well-organised with the DNA of man utd!
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by honeric01(m): 8:55am On Mar 16, 2013
coogar: they should bring leventis united back......that's the only nigerian football club that had the hallmark of a european club! they are well-organised with the DNA of man utd!

Then you're missing, have you seen COD, even though they are in the Div 1, they're as prof as any good team out there? check out their website or just google them. http://codunitedfc.com/
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by coogar: 10:22am On Mar 16, 2013
honeric01:

Then you're missing, have you seen COD, even though they are in the Div 1, they're as prof as any good team out there? check out their website or just google them. http://codunitedfc.com/

God bless you, honeric!
this is the best thing i have seen about the nigerian league in about 20 years. i just saw all their clips and i am very impressed. all this league needs are good sponsors, better packaging that would drive fans in their multitudes to watch. i am supporting this team from now on - they look promising.
Re: Shooting Stars Of Ibadan (Oluyole Warriors) Fan Thread! by honeric01(m): 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
coogar:

God bless you, honeric!
this is the best thing i have seen about the nigerian league in about 20 years. i just saw all their clips and i am very impressed. all this league needs are good sponsors, better packaging that would drive fans in their multitudes to watch. i am supporting this team from now on - they look promising.

Bro, this team is one hell of a professional team by African standard, got promoted 3 times in 5 years and just a step below the Nigerian premier league, it's 100% a private football club(owned by a RCCG Parish called City of David) and to join, you even have to pay membership fee starting from 10k.

Infact, when they get into the NPFL,i'm going to make sure i don't miss any of their games. they are just too professional (African standard)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ndidi Will Be Back For Leicester City’s League Opener Against Wolves – Rodgers / Manchester United Reportedly Preparing £60 Million Bid For Willian / Leo Messi Is First Footballer To Be Crowned Time Magazine's 'Athlete Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.