Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 (59029 Views)

Worst Dressed Celebrities At Headies Award 2014 / Top 10 Worst Dressed Celebrities In Nigeria / Nigeria's 5 Worst Dressed Celebrities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by vanskaj: 5:45am On Mar 11, 2013
that karen is a disgrace....the family members need to talk to her that here is nigeria not america where anything goes
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2013
zenatta: Could someone please explain to me what @Ogugua88 is on about. Is she for Genevieve's scandalous dress or against it or for and against it or for, for or for, against for... I could go on.

Find Out!:
Lol. Like i said not too long ago on a thread dealing with a similiar issue, she's FRAGAINST grin
I may be wrong but i think she's against it but she thinks she's not supposed to be against it since in her view there are more important things to be against apparently undecided

[size=13pt]I like the dress. I see nothing wrong with the dress. It's a nice dress. I'm for the dress. English don do? Lol.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by soloheater(m): 6:20am On Mar 11, 2013
freecocoa: I've never praised anybody wearing a see-through dress(foreign or local), that not withstanding Genny's dress no good abeg.

for the fact that Genny is not known in this kinda out fit...definitely most people saw it as rubbish but i must tell you, that's a nice dress.

http://naija2day.com/2013/03/event-winners-at-africa-magic-viewers-choice-award/
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Billygee2u: 6:23am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]

Hee Mr man,you better start appreciating GOOD and hate EVIL.What is good in unclad dressing and what value does it add to those that wear it? You must start now to help make "OUR DEARLY BELOVED COUNTRY NIGERIA, A DECENT PLACE TO BE"
GEJ is not the only one that is responsible to make NIGERIA a better place to be,You and Me are included.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by sanchez0: 6:30am On Mar 11, 2013
It's part of the agenda to corrupt Nigerians further. The women are being used to promote indecency and immorality in exchange for fame and riches.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You. Lol.[/size]

Missed you too. tongue

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The truth is that this isn't indecent. Not in my opinion anyway. I made sure to say "negative influence" with quotations. By the way, what you said is not the truth. It's your opinion.[/size]

To you, it is not indecent, i agree embarassed . To MOST Nigerians out there, hypocrites or not, including Denrele (who i consider quite weird btw) including Genny herself i suspect - since she had to go and change later- , it IS indecent.

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]No, I will not show you anyone who hailed Halle Berry and criticized Genevieve Nnaji. I don't put people on blast. Let's not turn this discussion into a war.[/size]

Lol. I put it to you that in all 6 pages of this thread so far, you won't find any such person no matter how hard you dig. Prove me wrong tongue

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Sure what you're saying may not push us towards progress, but I fail to see how Genevieve Nnaji's dress is pushing us towards regression.[/size]

Genevieve Nnaji's dress and similiar ones like that worn by people many Nigerians adore is contributing to our moral decadence. I consider that regression. In similiar vein, once upon a time, we had modest wedding gowns, proper gowns covering the areas the husband only ought to see, now we have gowns sewn in a way that the bre.a.sts will be threatening to spill out (i've actually heard of one wedding where the brea.sts actually spilled out on the dance floor). Tell me if that makes any sense or if these things are not sending negative messages to the society.

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]You asked bad questions. As I'm Nigerian though, I'll answer your questions with questions.

1. Is the gown Genevieve wore appropriate for a birthday party?
2. Is Genevieve Nnaji a teenager?

I'll answer number two for you: no, Genevieve Nnaji is not a teenager. She is a fully grown woman in her 30s. This leads me to question number three:

3. Why should my hypothetical 15-year-old daughter be wearing gowns meant for fully developed women? Surely there are outfits for her in the junior/petite section that will fit her body better.[/size]

1) No its not, however note that i mentioned birthday DINNER, *supposedly taking place at Ogugua Hotels, Lekki with 45 guests expeted to be in attendance*

2) No she's not. However she's adored by lots of teenagers and young adults and in some way, its only natural that she could influences their lives and the choices they make (matter for another day).

3) Ok, lets assume your daughter is 20 and she's an actress, would you approve of her wearing this sort of gown to an event? This gown is meant for fully developed woman WHO HAVE NO SENSE OF SHAME / PRIDE. Simples smiley
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Enoquin(f): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Don't lead an "immoral" life and then preach morality. The same way men brag of sleeping with numerous women and dreaming of a virgin wife in the romance section is how people oogle over perky, sexy westerners and then preach morals here.

I used to blame celebrities for not being better role models, until I had a discussion with one from Congo. Then, I learned that I needed to start keeping quiet. He said that a lot of celebrities didn't go into their industries to be role models. A lot of them are people doing what they love and are criticized for every choice they make. If I become famous, I certainly don't want anyone copying me as I'm not perfect. It's a shame that Genny is alongside Karen Igho, a former stripper who enjoys being naked. I'm sure Genevieve's intent wasn't to get people talking the wrong way. She probably saw an outfit she adored and wore it. The problem is that she's a Nigerian from Nigeria, the land of hypocrisy.[/size]

I agree. Sometimes these celebrities want to be themselves but are shackled by their adoring fans. It's like having a doll, dressing your doll up and having tea parties...you feed your doll exactly with what you want it to have and clothe them with the clothes you love. Celebrities are dolls to adoring fans, the only downside is they are live dolls and will sometimes do what the fans don't like.
That being said, I understand Genny but I don't support her because she has cultivated a certain image. Anyways, the fact that she changed her attire and still carried on gracefully no matter how much she would have beaten herself up mentally is commendable.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by maskid(m): 7:14am On Mar 11, 2013
at least no b tonto Dike
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by kundul: 7:14am On Mar 11, 2013
Gene u can't dodge old age ooh abeg jst go marry jeje u'll b more respected leave dis 2 d up coming 1c abeg, karen uhmmm wt else ve u nt done jst 2 b biuriful? Comit it 2 prayers
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 11, 2013
trolling: bible talk say "the unjust knows no shame"

grin grin

the bible also said "he who is without sin...." wink wink

you/all know the rest! cool
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by FindOut(m): 7:30am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Yes, every choice. That is not a generalization. Or maybe you can give me an example of a move or action performed by any celebrity that was not met with criticism by the masses. Go check the Rita Dominic thread. She covered her chest. The only things exposed were her arms, face, and neck. People are beefing her because her microscopic nips were pointing from her dress and she's not married. 2 Face got married, not to a virgin, not to a stranger, but to Annie Macauley, one of the women who bore a child for him. People are still complaining. You should know by now that anyone will have anything to say about another human being. That's how the world works unfortunately.[/size]

It is still a generalization or else these people won't have millions of fans who adore them. Yeah people will always talk wether you do the right thing or the wrong thing but that is not an excuse to do the wrong thing especially when you have some people looking up to and would have expected better from you.

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I didn't indict myself. Karen isn't a lesser being. She simply hasn't changed much from who she was in the UK. She isn't someone whom I'd call classy. Most of the time she's in the limelight for the wrong reasons. She's unclad to keep people talking about her. Her dress is ugly, in my opinion, because of the gross rumply bottom and the shoulders. She was trying to be sexy by flaunting her own bosoms but it's not appealing at all to me. Her dress is more like a costume. The rest of Genny's dress compensates for the modest skin she showed.[/size]

So the rest of the dress had to "compensate" & yet you dont see the exposure as indecent? undecided genevieve too has her own vices, hope you know that. & there's nothing remotely "modest" about the skin she showed. Pray tell, when would it have become immodest? if she had gone topless exposing the full bre.as.ts for us to see? or perhaps even that will be a "just a little immodest" right? Come on.

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The US has its own share of hypocrisy. I never said it didn't. I can go on all day about US hypocrisy and that of anywhere else in the world for that matter. We're not discussing the US though. We're discussing Nigeria and its selective morals.[/size]

i wasnt even referring to the US only, afterall some other countries frown on polygamy but encourage gay rights, frown on women covering their hair yet applaud women showing off their b.oob.s e.t.c. My point is simply that EVERYWHERE is the land of hypocrisy, but we shouldnt allow that prevent us from condemning what is wrong or supporting what is right.

This our indecent dressing argument will still carry on and on,& i hope one day, you'll see the light grin

I still like you sha coz its obvious you are naturally decent, however we all need to differentiate between freedom of expression and damage to society.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by TheKingsQueen: 7:56am On Mar 11, 2013
Height of moral decadence.
I'm not a bit surprised at Karen Igho, in fact, she is even decently dressed here compared to her usual dress code.
It's Genevieve who actually disappointed me. That dress should be worn with camisole.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by jice(m): 8:07am On Mar 11, 2013
Better if they were completely topless.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Orikinla(m): 8:10am On Mar 11, 2013
Well, the Queen of Nollywood was looking golden on the red carpet to me.
http://totnaija..com/
Source: TALK OF THE TOWN By Orikinla.

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by abbeybanks(m): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2013
It does not fit the frame
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Orikinla(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2013
abbeybanks: It does not fit the frame
Which frame?
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by jude33084(m): 8:38am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Take a look again at her dress and tell me it's horrible.

In a nation where teenage boys are molesting their junior sister to death, a woman is murdering her daughter-in-law, terrorists are executing foreigners, and cult killings are on the rise, we need a rethink about this thing we call "morals" or "values". Nigerian society isn't what moral-preachers bloat it to be. Genevieve's dress is the least of my worries in terms of "negative influence".[/size]

People like you put hijablike clothes on your children and advise others to wear see through clothes and bossoms exposure angry
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ijawkid(m): 8:43am On Mar 11, 2013
My question na be say::: which of this boss*m exposers fine reach the well clothed petroleum minister??.......shame on gene and especially karen..... angry
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by ypzilanti: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2013
Go back to frontpage and click on the Dr. Joe Okei Odumakin post. That is what a real Nigerian woman should be like. Granted that we need entertainers, but they should endeavor for excellence in their craft and stop this foolish n.u.d.i.t.y business.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Lollypops: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2013
You are all hypocrites if it was Angelina Jolie or beyonce or Lopez ull be screaming sexy..pls African or no African if u av to speak morals it goes beyond jus naij..so sush,loved the outfits....
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Kizuba: 9:34am On Mar 11, 2013
That Karen is so Ugly, i have never seen a girl so ugly but so confident, some body to tell her to were a mask from time to time
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Kizuba: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2013
i wish one day when these women wear these things one breast could just fall out when she is one stage
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by mikeell: 9:52am On Mar 11, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I actually don't see anything wrong with Genevieve's dress. People hate it because it wasn't Halle Berry or Jennifer Lopez that wore it. The same people who condemn Genevieve's dress have praised Halle Berry's see-through dress and Rihanna's semi-unclad poses. We continually find every reason possible to hate our own stars and have no problem defending westerners, even when they're wrong.[/size]

if the truth be told they look very ugly in those dresses except gene who if not for God given beauty would have
looked even more ugly.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by vm26: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2013
shame on pple.IF It was kim kardashian everyone ws goin praise and worship more than u do at church.whats wrong with being sexy .coz yo own african sisters did it.charity begins at home.how do u expect those bigger fim industries to appreciate africans when you guys pull each other down like this?how will u ever see the beaty of africa when each tym an african does smthing nice you attack.let our natural sisters shake and show wht their mamas gave then and we cn compare who is hot btwn genevive and her naturalness vs thos plastic bitcheds from hollywood.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by nicago: 10:28am On Mar 11, 2013
Karen, why don't you just please disappoint me for once and behave like someone that has self-esteem..
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Owaabeo: 10:41am On Mar 11, 2013
What is the true standard judgement, in all the world till today nature has made it so. One man's food is another one's poison.

There is nothing good or bad but thinking made it so, a popular saying
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by chic2007: 10:44am On Mar 11, 2013
When I saw Genny's white dress on tv, I almost had a heart attack. It was so indecent. You can look smashing without exposing anything. I didn't see Karen on Television. This is the first picture I am seeing of her at the event and its true to type. Very trashy! They should take a cue from Rita Dominic. She was all covered up and looked so chic!
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by goodgood2(m): 10:51am On Mar 11, 2013
gistyinka: Various celebrity attend yesterday for Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards which was held at Eko and Suites hotel in Lagos, Nigeria. Several celebrity from African and Nigeria rock the red carpet yesterday at Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.

Former Big Brother Winner, Karen Igho and nollyhood actress Genevieve Nnaji was voted as Worst Dressed Celebrities among other celebrity with decent dress yesterday.

The duo of them show their fans V- dresses that exposed their breasts.

What is your take about the indecent dress among Nigeria celebrity and Nigeria ladies...

http://www.gistyinka.com/2013/03/worst-celebrity-dress-at-africa-magic.html
i can only imagine what happened to the male attendees. Me wey view the pix for internet, e no easy; my joystick is so hard. This bi+ch nnaji dressing can send a woman to hell. She should apologise to nigerians, especially the men folk.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by donnie(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2013
"@ExtMedia: How Denrele Made Genevieve Nnaji Change Her Outift At The AMVCA - DailyPost Nigeria Blogs http://dailypost.com.ng/blogs/2013/03/11/how-denrele-made-genevieve-nnaji-change-her-outift-at-the-amvca/ "
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by stgift: 11:03am On Mar 11, 2013
two spoilt brats.....we have seen enof. totally naked no self respect, no self pity. dont this girls have parents who will advise them.
Re: Genevieve & Karen Igho: Worst Dressed Celebrities At AMVCA 2013 by Jonzingmaster(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2013

NNE,U SAID IT ALL....INFACT I OWE U ONE BOTTLE OF LIMCA FOR DIS STATEMENT

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Binta Diamond, Wizkid's Babymama Complains About N4.5 Million Child Support / Mercy Johnson's Daughter, Purity, All Grown Up / Tiwa Savage Steps Out In Bra Top (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.