Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Coup D'etat: Shouldn't The Planners Be Purnished? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup D'etat: Shouldn't The Planners Be Purnished? (776 Views)

Why Shouldn't The Christian Chibok Girls Be Searched For In Palaces Of Emirs? / Call For Military Coup D'etat In Nigeria - Enough Is Enough! / The Turai Coup D'etat: How Turai Yar’adua Seized Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coup D'etat: Shouldn't The Planners Be Purnished? by Scream(m): 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2008
Recently retired Military Officers have fed us with information on how they planned and executed coup in the country and i begin to wonder having it in mind that most of them actually purnished alleged planners of coup in their regimes, many were executed. I strongly believe that there should not be double standard, if an unsuccessful coup d' etat is a treasonable felony and is treated as such, then a successful one should be visited with thesame purnishment afterall, in most cases apart from Abacha's own, the successful one had more devastating effect on the country.

I do not believe that there should be a "National Forgiveness" or the so-called Presidential Pardon to the extent that such criminals (for so they are) will be allowed to pester our lives with all they did wrong as though it is BRAVERY!

Let us right the wrongs of yesterday by first stripping the criminals of all previledges they enjoy today as formal presidents and what have u. It is disheartening to know that the families enjoy some previledges too if the he (the ex-illegal leader) dies

The point I am trying to bring out now is; why shouldn't a High ranking officer topple this our democratically elected government and atleast gain the status of Ex-president and fly around the country with great guts and claim some rights and previledges if there is no purnishement for those that succeded.

I beleive that it is not too late, we can address this issue by making them know that they are existing at our mercy and not the other way round! I want to Scream that they shut up and let decent and reasonably people who believe in getting things done by not by violence but by persuasion chart the curse of this country. What is your opinion?

(1) (Reply)

Iyabo Obasanjo- Bello: How Far Can She Run? / Fake Doctor Who Duped Lady N.7m Blames Alao-akala For His Dilemma / Yar’adua’s Health Worsens? North Vows To Hold On To Power If:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.