Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy (4642 Views)

Kutty And The Ghetto Story By Rounakid (kutty) / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / Life Of A Uam Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 9:39am On Mar 11, 2013
ALL D NAMES,PLACES ND EVENTS IN THIS STORY AR PURE NON-FICTIONAL...{TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCE}
VIZ STORY IS DIVIDED INTO 3 PARTS,
PART1-MY EARLY LIFE
PART2-STRUGGLES
PART3-CAMPUS LIFE.
u ar wlcmd 2 d story,u will enjoy it!!!I PROMISE.
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by sambroose(m): 10:16am On Mar 11, 2013
oga bomb......wey the story na
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 10:21am On Mar 11, 2013
nyaaa!nyaaa!nyaaa!was all i could mutter wen i felt a sharp nd rough hand tryna pull me out my comfort zone{mum's belly}.frm d corner of my eyes i looked,behold smetin dat looks like d angels i left in heaven 9 month ago,draggin me out my joint.
Whats wrong wif these people i thought,the force keeps drawin me persistently nd lo,i gave up nd came awt.wat next?i thought,immediately one angel dressed in whites carried me and layed on somethin that looked like the alter table i drops my burnt sacrifices at heaven every sabath days.
With d look on her,one could think she's waiting to be rewarded for exposin boko haram,she brougth in another lady that looked very old and weak.this second woman was like "is this the actual quantity of garri i borrowed you?"with the way shes touchin and checkin my body parts like she kept somethin in it,i could'nt take it anymore,so i let out a loud cry..nyaa!nyaaaaaaa!...until the other woman layin on the biggest offerin table i have ever seen all my life turned,shuu?y u the look me?tut u no send me,i thougth.she managed to sit as i can see the look on her face.she carried me nd put somethin that taste like the holy milk we take on sabbath days in heaven,i grabbed it,sulked it while keepin my self busy with my painful cry.
Later i slept off,only to wakeup nd see my self in a place that looked like abraham's sittin room in heaven.wia the Bleep is this i asked,if only they could hear me..at the far end i saw someone.he looked strong,he was fair nd had bears neatly shaved'he was so happy as i can see him gisting with some men,as they were sipping somethin from one big green bottle.
One day i would have a taste of that stuff in that bottle i thougth,nt knowin that my small mind is deceivin me.yes its deceivin me kus somethin happened.
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 10:25am On Mar 11, 2013
Am at my place of work,would upload wen am bk...drp ur comments nd stay glued,tnkx!
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
That night,i witnessed the noisest scene all my life.people kept comin in and goin out,watsup with these people na "y e b say na only me them the touch"i thought.there are things i noticed'amoung the people comin in,six people have'nt moved out of the house since i saw them.yes they are four boys nd two girls,the biggest of them looked like senegalese singer akon,he is tall,dark nd wore a serious look all the tym.he was liftin up nd down somethin that looked like a wood into a deep circular one,propably "he is beatin somebody inside"i thought.the others comes to take me up one or two tymes.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Four years later,am a full grown man as my mind will always tell me.I discoverd my name is samuel kus thats what everybody calls me...'"the only boy wey don yarn wit God"'as blastar would hail me.blastar na agbero gy wey d sell weed for our backyard.he liked me somuch'mayb its because i had 'dada'hair,so he thought i would b a potential customer{weed smoker}in years to come.
I also understood that am the last born,damn!somethin i hated my self for.That tall mean lookin gy i saw 4 years back is my eldest bro,people call him chinedu,he is the second child bt the first male.the three next children where boys,uchenna,ikenna and toochukwu respectively,we had two gals,the one that i followed and the eldest child whom mum told me is livin with uncle at ibadan.
Nw levels don change o,our hause na 'face me i face u'type.everythin the happen there.we had three rooms.mum nd dad the occupy one,chinedu,uche nd ike the occupy the oda one,and at the end of the block na our room,me nd toochukwu the stay there..i hated that room because thats where the pack everytin,my dad was a fish seller so he wud pack cartons of fish thia,also addin to the fact that,that was our kitchen too,although sleepin in the kitchen wit soup pots at our mercy was the best thing that happend to us,we gets into trouble more time than we bargained for...
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Kpam! Kpam!,Kpam! Kpam!,hu b dat? i shouted frm inside,egbe piafu gí ísi{eagle cut ur head}.come out for mornin devotion,that was chinedu's voice.i tried wakin toochukwu up bt he ain't respondin.i left him nd straight i went to dad's room for the prayers.wey toochukwu?thats Edu askin,me i no knw o,i answerd.At that response,my cheek received its first real slap,paam!my ears almost fell down,wetin i do na?i managed to ask,shatap ur mauth,dad roared at me.frm the corner of my eyes,i saw Edu draggin toochukwu into the room with his body wet.him urinate for em cloth?ikenna asked almost laughin,kpoi!thats a knock from dad,anytime ur elders the talk.shutup.he roared at him.
Dat day was my worst day since i was born,kneel down! Edu commanded,hu chop the nchi meat for pot?mum asked
Too turned and stared at me,ask sam he said,almost wit tears i stammered..no be me t..ak..e am..i...sw..e..ar to God..give me that anya{one smooth lookin cain}dad orderd,ikenna did."if una no wan talk truth,na 12 lashes one person go take"dad said lookin determined...chim ö,mama beg am na,no b me o..toochukwu was jus lookin at the floor,its obvious he took it,bt no proof.Dad nw decided on what to do,he gave Too nine strokes nd gave me four.that four was like wrestemania,kus he took him upto one hour before he was done.No breakfast for u both,Edu informed us...no breakfast for where?..lets see if u go first me chop i thought..

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
COMMENT PLS...{ur critics nd thoughts}
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by sambroose(m): 1:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
nice story......*next upload
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by Bluediamond1(f): 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
I tink dis will make a gud read.kip it coming.
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by IZUKWU(m): 7:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
Boy! Do i like your imaginations . Àbeg flow dey go
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
That mornin turned out so bad,everybody was wearin a swollen face.

I walked out of the ghetto compound we living in.i hated that compound so much,the compound had 27 rooms and 19 families.the total children in that compound is 46.

Strollin down the street i saw two boys gisting in a tigth corner'wif one gal dressed almost half naked,wetin una the do dia? i shouted,though i was small and had little body'one thing abt me is that i av confidence and i no the fear.

"na ur papa dia"the voice replied me.

'U no get respect?abi u wan chop 'lolo'the other voiced added.

Lolo is local slang in our crib for torough beatin.i stood watchin until i gatterd moral to burst them..

U won't believe wot i saw...
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Lo nd behold,i saw chima nd ogbu..
the two alter boys in our compound kissin nd caressin vis tall tiny gal,shes nt even fine i thougth.see her tribal marks nd that em hairstyle wey b like pole i almost said.

nw i can see there face vividly,

"ah! oga ogbu na u?sori o,ma i dey go na,stil in a freezed state,he beckoned on me to stop.

'sammy bobo,abeg come."shey u d hungry?"he dipped his hand in his pocket nd brougth out two hundred naira..

"U will receive more of these if u keep this u saw a secret"he added.

'i the mad?so far the money the come,ur secret go the d safer'

"ok na but no jus fall hand"chima said.though am jez four years old but the whole boys in my crib respected and love chatin with me,dnt just knw why.

"we go see for sodom"i said happily.with my two hundred in my hand,the next thing that came to my brain was mama solomon.

Yes!"i go taste that woman food today"the thought of how amazin it gon be to seat on that fine plastic chair and order solomon around drove me crazy....

nt knowin that,i would regreat even seein chima and ogbu,not to talk of receiving the two hundred that landed me at mama solomon's shop.

Yes,i regreated it........
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Mama solomon! "Give me rice and beans hundred naira with two meat"

'u get kpekere?'i asked.

"who send u"she asked lookin at me like am wearin an oversized agbada.

"Mtcheeeew,anamu azu ndi ara?"{do i train mad people}i said.prepared to leave.

"abeg no vex,come sit down"she pleaded.
Nw get me my food,remember add kpekere ontop,abeg touch am banga soup o i said,balancin on a chair that two bricks under my foot won't change my seatin position.

'see d food hia'she said,droppin a plate filled to its brim.

"wia i go start?"i thought.'bia solo,give me cup fast fast'
'ok o'he said.i can see him almost runnin to get me the cup.i enjoyd it so much,kus solo is a great trouble maker,a greater fighter and the greatest bully you wud eva think of.

"get me another plate"i comanded.why? he asked.
"u don d mad shebi?na u wan tell me how i go take eat my food?"i roared with authority.

"ok,sory no vex"off he go,and like ligthening his back with the plate.'see am here'.I ate like i av beign fastin for nine days,though i had no wrist watch bt i can tell i av beign seated there for almost an hour,kus people kept comin and goin..finally am done.

"how much i chop?"i asked;
na one hund....'gv me toothpick'i interuped.ok she said.
'hia.take am,handin me the toothpich rack.Ur money na one hundred and 70 naira'

"tank God e no pass my two hundred"i thougth.dippin my hand in my pocket,i brougth out a "more-than neat" two hundred naira note.

'take am,giv me change.i said...'i av'nt started schoolin though bt i know almost everytin a literate boy of my age should know
"wchich kind money be this na?"solomon asked a rather reotorically question.

"wait o na canta b dat o"one man eatin at a corner porked in.
Before i could say jack...piam!solomon droped somethin like bomb on my cheek.the slap turned my head 360,i almost vomited the rice i jus ate.

"wich one be canta again na?i managed to ask with tears already formin clouds in my eyes..

"u see today eeh?u go vomit that food so tey u go pourge"mama solomon said.
Solomon!,solomon!she called to a rather foolish boy tryin to gather boys to do what he alone can do perfectly.

"drag him to guest room6"mama solomon orderd..
The very same way toochukwu was dragged this mornin was what my body passed through.

"is these rilly a guest room?"i thought.
well,i will find out soon...

Sure i will.....
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 9:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
Won't b uploadin in the next two days..am travellin to S.A..pls stay glued,take ur front feats,dnt flood here with unnecesary comments and always remember...am writin kus of you...tanks!
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by IZUKWU(m): 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
Canter .ha ha ha pa
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by natkel1: 5:50am On Mar 12, 2013
Following!
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by FoxyUltimate(m): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
You never come back?
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by AnodaIT(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Son.
What did I tell you about first impressions.
Now go and tidy up those first paragraph or people will just bust in, try to glance thru, look confuse and exit the thread without going down.
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by FoxyUltimate(m): 4:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
AnodaIT: Son.
What did I tell you about first impressions.
Now go and tidy up those first paragraph or people will just bust in, try to glance thru, look confuse and exit the thread without going down.

Them have banned you?
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by Mologi(m): 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
Kul bro..make it flow lyk FLOW1759
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 6:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
Am bk!
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
Be expectin lotta update 2nyt....iv all ur frnds kux una go feel am..
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
I saw hell!
"cmon Wake up dia"solomon commanded and at my front,i saw two bowls filled with plates nd other kitchen utensils to its brim.

"anytime u finish am,na em u go go hause"he added.

Sluggishly,i started washin it but later found satisfaction in it,and i fired on.
Am done wif the first bowl,about touchin the second one wen viz sweet,young and fair lookin gal showed up.

"so u ar the boy that ate and paid with canterfic money"she asked...what was i thinkin?or rather,wats she sayin,kux i seem not to understand her.

My brain had stoped working,and i cant even look at her face.

"y these sudden developement?"
i asked my slf.

"well,am ada."a soft tender voice brougth me back to reality.
"my name na samuel"i said stil gazin at my washin bowl.

I wanted to ask her woz canterfic money but my courage would'nt take me far.
She helpd me in the washin and also kept the room lively with her gists.

"am in primary four"she said and "am six years old",what of u?she asked.

A question am sure she regreated askin kus she got no answer.
We washed soon,we wia done.

I stood up to go,but she held my hand and aske;

"wia do u stay?"

"sodom villa"i answerd,
"i will see u later"she said and waved as i left her..

Walkin as fast as my leg can take me to reach home,and sweatin profusely kus the sun is'nt taking it lightly.
The thougth of what i will tell my dad occupied my mind,nt knwing vat somethin bigger is waitin for me at home...
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 11:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
"U don mad finish!"
"i go kill u,ole!"

"ur papa nyansh"amidst other insults was wot am hearing.

"Wetin d happen na?"
i asked ugo.

Ugo is the craziest womanizer in our compound.he is jus 23,nt married but he has 3 kids.

"sam o,na blaster and 2dark the fight"he answerd.

"say em and ogbu place bet for hu go toast linda"
"and d linda even d dia"he added.
I looked,and lo,it was that same gal i caught wit ogbu and his friend hours back.

"mtcheew,e no b my concern"i said,turned to leave,

piam!a hot dirty slap landed on my cheek.

"shey na u shit for toilet,no flush am"

yes i was the one,but nobdy see me na,it was around 4:30a.m,i thought.

It cud av beign only one pesin dat saw me,tyga!
Kus he wakes everyday before 4a.m to rehearse and write songs before going to his studio.
He is a gud rapper,he loves tyga and mime almost all of em songs.sometimes i do hear people say "if no b say vis boy no wan leave weed,e fit make am wit em rap o"

"oga no b....."i wanted to lie but caught glance of tyga and admitted that i did it.

"from today,if i c any sheet for toilet,weda na u shit am or nt,na u go must flush am"okite the landlord promise me.

"yes oga"i replied.

"Na wa for 2day o,So so trouble"i thought.my head is getting heavy so i went in to lay my head but the news i got hours later made me cry...
Yes i cried...
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 12:09am On Mar 18, 2013
Less i forget,2dark,tyga and blaster ar livin in one room.according to them,d av beign friends since thier second year in skool and d are all weed addicts.
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2013
See childhood story wey this man no wan gree finish... See better dey update fast wo angry
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
"Hey wakeup"uchenna said tapping me gently.
Obviousely as guys from same mother,i love all my brothers but sincerely uche is the best.
A mixture of humility and tender care is what he has in him.

"u go start skool next monday"dad said.
And i was also told whats up about my brothers.

Chinedu have finally gotten a job and have left for ibadan that afternoon.uchenna and Toochukwu have received thier callup and admissiom letters,and will be leaving for NYSC camp and university respectively the next day been saturday.

Finally,Ikenna who refused to further his education after finishin his O level three year ago would be leavin for onitcha a day after tomorrow{sunday},to learn trading from uncle john.

"mehn na me go stay viz hause alone o"i thought.

Though i love privacy but viz one is too much and am gonna feel it....

Yes,i felt it....
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
Abeg continue biko...
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by johnwizey: 6:42am On Mar 19, 2013
Gud wrk
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by Neduzze5(m): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2013
Ride on although your use of language and spelling is pathetic.
Re: Life Of A Shy Ghetto Boy by McBOMB: 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Neduzze5: Ride on although your use of language and spelling is pathetic.
tnx ama try my best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diary Of Me / SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) / Is It That Authors Are No Longer Interested In Children's Literature??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.