Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies (21631 Views)

Another West Nigerian Join Boko Haram -and Post Video Of Bay'ah! / JAMBS Claim Responsibility For Soldiers Ambushed In Kogi / FG To Tackle JAMBS Another Boko-Haram Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
udatso:
Are u a muslim? If no, hw did u become such a scholar in islam that u evn knw d occasions wen certain verses in it where revealed..in islam dats called tafseer of d quran that most average muslims dnt knw of except the scholars...u are indeed amazing.....ahhahahaha..u evn analyse the quran...well, may Allah guide u 2 d truth

Look at how you are displaying your ignorance and naivety in public. When you go to school and your teacher teaches you a subject, do you always wait on the teacher to read more and more on the subject? Your attitude of depending on others for matters such as life and death doesn't encourage scholarship or learning. I can see all you know about the Quran and the Hadith seems to be from your Imam smiley. Dude - read it yourself, research it. I am not a scholar but the Quran is a book and I read it as well as the Hadith. Or is it an abomination to research the Quran?
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
udatso:
You are quotn the quran out of context...this was a revealed when som muslims dnt want 2 attend d war they av bn ordered 2 go...
It is important that we study the religious
texts in their proper context. When these
texts are not read in their proper textual and
historical contexts they are manipulated and
distorted. It is true that some Muslims
manipulate these verses for their own goals.
But this is not only with Islamic texts, it is
also true with the texts of other religions. I
can quote dozens of verses from the Bible
which seem very violent, if taken out from
their historical context. These Biblical texts
have been used by many violent Jewish and
Christian groups. Crusaders used them
against Muslims and Jews. Nazis used them
against Jews. Recently Serbian Christians
used them against Bosnian Muslims. Zionists
are using them regularly against
Palestinians.
Let me mention just a few verses from the
Old Testament and New Testament and tell
me what do you say about them:
“When the LORD your God brings you
into the land where you are entering to
possess it, and clears away many
nations before you, the Hittites and the
Girgashites and the Amorites and the
Canaanites and the Perizzites and the
Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations
greater and stronger than you. And
when the LORD your God delivers them
before you and you defeat them, then
you shall utterly destroy them. You shall
make no covenant with them and show
no favor to them. (Deutronomy 7:1-2)
“When you approach a city to fight
against it, you shall offer it terms of
peace. If it agrees to make peace with
you and opens to you, then all the
people who are found in it shall become
your forced labor and shall serve you.
However, if it does not make peace with
you, but makes war against you, then
you shall besiege it. When the LORD
your God gives it into your hand, you
shall strike all the men in it with the
edge of the sword. Only the women and
the children and the animals and all that
is in the city, all its spoil, you shall take
as booty for yourself; and you shall use
the spoil of your enemies which the
LORD your God has given you… Only in
the cities of these peoples that the
LORD your God is giving you as an
inheritance, you shall not leave alive
anything that breathes (Deutronomy
20:10-17)
Now therefore, kill every male among
the little ones, and kill every woman
who has known man intimately. But all
the girls who have not known man
intimately, sparefor yourselves.
(Numbers 31:17-18)
Even in the New Testament we read the
following statement attributed to Jesus
saying to his disciples:
“I tell you that to everyone who has,
more shall be given, but from the one
who does not have, even what he does
have shall be taken away. But these
enemies of mine, who did not want me
to reign over them, bring them here and
slay them in my presence. (Luke
19:26-27)

Stop this out of context nonsense; it's a cheap defense by Islamic apologists. Perhaps Boko Haram and Ansaru should have known a muslim shouldn't take those Surahs literally before they kill innocent people. In your defense of Islam and it killings, you are trying to justify the same in the Bible and confusing yourself in the process. Where have you read in the whole Bible or in history that Jesus Christ killed/murdered anybody? I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVE IT. On the flip side - your prophet Mohammed was personally involved in the killings and ordering of killings of so many. Again, leave the Bible out of this. Na your muslim brothers dey kill innocent foreigners left and right.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
just_thinking: then sir am sure you av not heared of any christian that av burned down mosque just because of some issue. are u now saying this ppl are not christians. and truly islam consistently attract ppl that are willing to kill nd destroy because islam hate oppressor. but the question u shuld av asked is islam teaches on violence. but what i want you to know is that ppl tend to turn the word in the quran for dare personal use and dat is where the problem is comming from. check this link for more information if u truly want to learn http://islamicwritings.org/quran/peace/does-the-quran-teach-violence/

When Christians burn mosques, open a thread and we will address it. When a Christian kills a muslim for touching the Bible, open a thread and we will address it. For now, tell us why your Muslim brothers are killing innocent foreigners. Stop comparing banana with coconut
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
a4.hafoe:
tell nah, y wud u want to tear holy book of other religion? U incuring God waran if u tear His book becoz d book shud b treated wit respect k! U dnt av a point, a muslim wil nt tear others book,guy,moreso itz God book and itz nt ordinary u dnt av to treat it like any book.

But some muslims will kill if their holy book is touched by a non-muslim. A typical case happened in Gombe state. If you want links we will provide it. Your religion teaches tolerance but you lack it in application. It becomes touchy when the intolerance some muslims display affects the lives of others.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by udatso: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
alexis:

You need to show us those scriptures that teach peace mate.
Wil u b ok, if I gv u quranic verses showing hw islam is a religion of peace?
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
udatso:
Wil u b ok, if I gv u quranic verses showing hw islam is a religion of peace?

To entertain learning, by all means. However, I am not the one that needs to know if Islam is a religion of peace. The Islamic groups such as Ansaru and Boko Haram that are killing innocent people are the ones you are to give such verses - CLEARLY they are not seeing it or interpreting it correctly. You don't need to tell Christians about peace. Our Lord Jesus Christ lived it and showed it and taught us to be peaceful with all men. He didn't kill anyone, instead he raised the dead; he didn't stone an adulterous woman, instead he told her to go and sin no more.

So, we know what peace is because we have the giver of peace in us smiley. If the Quran teaches peace, then it shouldn't be hard for Boko Haram and Ansaru to understand it. They should know killing and murdering people are wrong. We need to make sure the author of the Quran made that clear so as not to confuse them.

1 Like

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by a4hafoe(m): 6:40am On Mar 13, 2013
alexis:

Again, stop bringing Christians into this. Christians are not involved in these killings in anyway. If they are hypocrites like you say; you need to tell us why are they confused or pretending. If they are hypocrites then:

1. Al Qaeda
2. Al Qaeda in Mali
3. Boko Haram
4. Osama Bin Laden
5. Taliban

And a host of other "Islamic" terrorist groups are ALL HYPOCRITES. We wonder how all these "muslims" are hypocrites!!!!

The crux of the matter is the interpretation of the Quran by you (a liberal muslim) and the "hypocrites" (conservative and extreme muslims). Not-with-standing, the common deliminator is the Quran and it teachings. We think it is such teachings that are confusing the so called "hypocrites" as you call them.
if u dnt undastnd dis pple aint putin into practise wot d quran teaches,dat makez dm hypocrate,d quran dose nt teach violence guy..
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by a4hafoe(m): 6:44am On Mar 13, 2013
alexis:

But some muslims will kill if their holy book is touched by a non-muslim. A typical case happened in Gombe state. If you want links we will provide it. Your religion teaches tolerance but you lack it in application. It becomes touchy when the intolerance some muslims display affects the lives of others.
am glad u knw islam teaches tolerance,d pple involve in dz crime aint doing according to d quran teachings.peace be with you
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by a4hafoe(m): 6:57am On Mar 13, 2013
alexis:

Stop this out of context nonsense; it's a cheap defense by Islamic apologists. Perhaps Boko Haram and Ansaru should have known a muslim shouldn't take those Surahs literally before they kill innocent people. In your defense of Islam and it killings, you are trying to justify the same in the Bible and confusing yourself in the process. Where have you read in the whole Bible or in history that Jesus Christ killed/murdered anybody? I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVE IT. On the flip side - your prophet Mohammed was personally involved in the killings and ordering of killings of so many. Again, leave the Bible out of this. Na your muslim brothers dey kill innocent foreigners left and right.
c u nw ,shay ol dose verse no dy bibble ni? Moreso,read d bibble did any prophet kil sum1? If yes d perxin he kiled is he innocent or not? Dnt b bias
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 7:30am On Mar 13, 2013
a4.hafoe:
c u nw ,shay ol dose verse no dy bibble ni? Moreso,read d bibble did any prophet kil sum1? If yes d perxin he kiled is he innocent or not? Dnt b bias

You quoted from the Bible alluding that Jesus encouraged violence - I challenged you to prove he personally engaged in murder; the reason I did that was to disarm your argument that he encouraged violence - HE NEVER DID. Yes, Moses was a prophet and he struck an Egyptian dead (justifiable or not, he killed someone)- perhaps you should do your research. Leaving the bible, Mohammed was a prophet to Muslims and he personally was involved in 27 battles and I can't give you a count on the number of people he killed or he ordered killed (So he taught violence and his actions also showed it). The issue here is the teaching of your holy writ and how groups like Ansaru and Boko Haram is using it to kill and murder innocent people. Again, it is the teaching in your Quran that is confusing "muslims" like BH and Ansaru.

The point that I like to make is quite simple. Muslims who commit acts of violence and terror in the name of God, can find ample justification for their actions, based on the teachings of the Qur'an and the sayings and examples from prophet Muhammad himself! PERIOD!. You can't deny that.

I will not hesitate to say that the vast majority of the Muslim world (including yourself) condemn acts of terror and violence. There are many schools of thought in Islam with various and often conflicting interpretations of the Qur'an. However, the important distinction that I am making is this: the minority groups in Islam who resort to violence, are not an aberration to Islam, but in fact can legitimately claim to be working within the basic parameters of Islamic Jihad.

There are dozens of verses running through your Quran that encourages violence and I will be very happy to debate them with you. Contrary to your statements that groups like Boko Haram and Ansaru are hypocrites - I think they Quran justifies their action and that is the root cause of the problem.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 7:53am On Mar 13, 2013
a4.hafoe:
if u dnt undastnd dis pple aint putin into practise wot d quran teaches,dat makez dm hypocrate,d quran dose nt teach violence guy..

You keep saying these people (muslims by the way) are hypocrites, how are they hypocrites Oga? Show us in the Quran, Surah that discourage violence.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 7:59am On Mar 13, 2013
a4.hafoe:
am glad u knw islam teaches tolerance,d pple involve in dz crime aint doing according to d quran teachings.peace be with you

You religion teaches tolerance is a statement by you. If it is indeed what the Quran teaches, why is it so hard for muslims to understand it? For example:

Surah 2:256 == Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

This verse says there should be no compulsion in religion. You should go to northern Nigeria and the middle east and tell them to stop killing Christians. If Northern Nigeria is too far, there your brothers in Ibadan to stop burning churches and killing Christians. If there is no compulsion in religion, then allow Christians to worship freely and go about their normal business. There should be no zacat or forcing down Sharia down other people necks.

Yet, look at these other verses:

Surah 4:74,75 == "Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of God whether he is slain or gets victory, soon shall we give him a reward of great (value). Those who believe fight in the cause of God and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil, so fight ye against the friends of Satan, feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan."

Surah 5:54 == "O ye who believe. Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

The last two Surahs I quoted gives your brothers like Boko Haram justification to kill and murder innocent people. If the author of the Quran meant this was to be applied to pre-Islamic era only; he should have made it clear. So, this is not a context issue - it is a teaching in your Quran. This is not an issue of hypo-crazy but clarity in your Quran.

1 Like

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by just2endowed: 1:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
a4.hafoe:
If islam is tolerance why can't christian leave with them? Look at brazil muslim established mosque and inside inside your mind you know the true religion that practice tolerance.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by just2endowed: 1:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
alexis:

You religion teaches tolerance is a statement by you. If it is indeed what the Quran teaches, why is it so hard for muslims to understand it? For example:

Surah 2:256 == Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

This verse says there should be no compulsion in religion. You should go to northern Nigeria and the middle east and tell them to stop killing Christians. If Northern Nigeria is too far, there your brothers in Ibadan to stop burning churches and killing Christians. If there is no compulsion in religion, then allow Christians to worship freely and go about their normal business. There should be no zacat or forcing down Sharia down other people necks.

Surah 4:74,75 == "Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. To him who fighteth in the cause of God whether he is slain or gets victory, soon shall we give him a reward of great (value). Those who believe fight in the cause of God and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil, so fight ye against the friends of Satan, feeble indeed is the cunning of Satan."

Surah 5:54 == "O ye who believe. Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

The last two Surahs I quoted gives your brothers like Boko Haram justification to kill and murder innocent people. If the author of the Quran meant this was to be applied to pre-Islamic era only; he should have made it clear. So, this is not a context issue - it is a teaching in your Quran. This is not an issue of hypo-crazy but clarity in your Quran.
brother i have said it before that the quran and surah are confused set of book. Note this surah is only thought by scholar but the quran is read by anyone. The killing by boko boys and other satan element are well justified in this book. They teach tolerance only when they are minority in population but they teach violent by force in a place they are number per head or are many
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by a4hafoe(m): 8:17am On Mar 14, 2013
alexis:

You quoted from the Bible alluding that Jesus encouraged violence - I challenged you to prove he personally engaged in murder; the reason I did that was to disarm your argument that he encouraged violence - HE NEVER DID. Yes, Moses was a prophet and he struck an Egyptian dead (justifiable or not, he killed someone)- perhaps you should do your research. Leaving the bible, Mohammed was a prophet to Muslims and he personally was involved in 27 battles and I can't give you a count on the number of people he killed or he ordered killed (So he taught violence and his actions also showed it). The issue here is the teaching of your holy writ and how groups like Ansaru and Boko Haram is using it to kill and murder innocent people. Again, it is the teaching in your Quran that is confusing "muslims" like BH and Ansaru.

The point that I like to make is quite simple. Muslims who commit acts of violence and terror in the name of God, can find ample justification for their actions, based on the teachings of the Qur'an and the sayings and examples from prophet Muhammad himself! PERIOD!. You can't deny that.

I will not hesitate to say that the vast majority of the Muslim world (including yourself) condemn acts of terror and violence. There are many schools of thought in Islam with various and often conflicting interpretations of the Qur'an. However, the important distinction that I am making is this: the minority groups in Islam who resort to violence, are not an aberration to Islam, but in fact can legitimately claim to be working within the basic parameters of Islamic Jihad.

There are dozens of verses running through your Quran that encourages violence and I will be very happy to debate them with you. Contrary to your statements that groups like Boko Haram and Ansaru are hypocrites - I think they Quran justifies their action and that is the root cause of the problem.
man am a muslim and i believed in al d prophets including prophet yisa(jesus),non of d God sent prophet engaged in promotin violent,prophet muhammed left his hometown becoz of dz paganz ,he went to medina an stil dy hunt 4 hm...d way e engaged in was 4 slf defence,dz paganz cm frm anoda region to hunt muslim in medina,u claim to mak research,buh i wil confam ur research are noid and void coz u add sentiment in dm coz u a christain.EVEN when d muslim was d head of the medina state where xtainz resided in,wen a muslim killed an xtain he was ordered to b killed as well,and dat justice k! Muslims are nt in surpport of dz boko and wat av u,come to tink of it,dose jtf dat kill dz terrorist u wnt to tel me dy are ol xtainz? Dy are muslimz dre also,and if islam and d prophet truly surport violence y wud a muslim jtf wont to kill boko haram,ur angle of tinking is truly bias.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
a4.hafoe:
man am a muslim and i believed in al d prophets including prophet yisa(jesus),non of d God sent prophet engaged in promotin violent,prophet muhammed left his hometown becoz of dz paganz ,he went to medina an stil dy hunt 4 hm...d way e engaged in was 4 slf defence,dz paganz cm frm anoda region to hunt muslim in medina,u claim to mak research,buh i wil confam ur research are noid and void coz u add sentiment in dm coz u a christain.EVEN when d muslim was d head of the medina state where xtainz resided in,wen a muslim killed an xtain he was ordered to b killed as well,and dat justice k! Muslims are nt in surpport of dz boko and wat av u,come to tink of it,dose jtf dat kill dz terrorist u wnt to tel me dy are ol xtainz? Dy are muslimz dre also,and if islam and d prophet truly surport violence y wud a muslim jtf wont to kill boko haram,ur angle of tinking is truly bias.

With all your talk, you have no Surah or Hadith to back it up? Ignorance they say is bliss. Maybe you need to read my posts again - I said this: Muslims who commit acts of violence and terror in the name of God, can find ample justification for their actions, based on the teachings of the Qur'an and the sayings and examples from prophet Muhammad himself!. Your prophet fought defensive and OFFENSIVE wars.

Let me give you an example,

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

The word "fight" is a verb, it is not defensive; it is offensive. If your Quran wanted them to defend themselves, it would have made that clear.

Here is another Surah for you again:

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Later, you will open your mouth and say your prophet was defending himself.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by just2endowed: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
alexis:

With all your talk, you have no Surah or Hadith to back it up? Ignorance they say is bliss. Maybe you need to read my posts again - I said this: Muslims who commit acts of violence and terror in the name of God, can find ample justification for their actions, based on the teachings of the Qur'an and the sayings and examples from prophet Muhammad himself!. Your prophet fought defensive and OFFENSIVE wars.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

The word "fight" is a verb, it is not defensive; it is offensive. If your Quran wanted them to defend themselves, it would have made that clear.

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

are you a scholar?
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by just2endowed: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
alexis:

are you a scholar?
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 2:33am On Mar 16, 2013
just2endowed:
are you a scholar?

Nope, I don't consider myself a scholar but I have a nack for reading and research smiley
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by redsun(m): 3:23am On Mar 16, 2013
Islam is not necessarilly a religion,but a violent and primitive ideology that never appeals to healthy mind. That is why it is easily hijacked by psychopaths,imperialists and usurpers.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by Kennyfancy(m): 10:49am On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=alexis]

Again, stop bringing Christians into this. Christians are not involved in these killings in anyway. If they are hypocrites like you say; you need to tell us why are they confused or pretending. ALLA means EVIL

1. Al Qaeda
2. Al Qaeda in Mali
3. Boko
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by a4hafoe(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
alexis:

guy u really derailed in d historical context of those verses, let me nw mak u undastnd....
Wen d muslims went to medina,d medina pple made d prophet dre ruler,and he practised fair play dre,the non-muslim were given ther ryt and wre even restricted frm going to war d unbilieverz Fought against muslim.wen it cms to jizyah which means tax,d non-muslim decided nt to pay and dz which is dre civic responsibility.jizyah is a tax levied from the people of the scriptures(jews n xtains) who are unda d protection of a muslim government..
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by deco71: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
do muslims like to be treated the way boko haram treats nonmuslims or saudi arabia treats non muslims,will it be fair on muslims to be treated as second class citizens based on the rules of some religious text if no how can they justify this unfairness on nonmuslims
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 8:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
a4.hafoe:
guy u really derailed in d historical context of those verses, let me nw mak u undastnd....
Wen d muslims went to medina,d medina pple made d prophet dre ruler,and he practised fair play dre,the non-muslim were given ther ryt and wre even restricted frm going to war d unbilieverz Fought against muslim.wen it cms to jizyah which means tax,d non-muslim decided nt to pay and dz which is dre civic responsibility.jizyah is a tax levied from the people of the scriptures(jews n xtains) who are unda d protection of a muslim government..

Your talk is still empty. I quoted from the Quran to back up my claim, so far you still lack any evidence to back up your statements. I have Hadiths to prove this based upon the actions of prophet Mohammed and will be happy to engage you if you can only do the same. Get some evidence and then you can PROVE your point.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by justthinking: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
all my life i av bin able to deduce that there are two main type of ppl who ask question 1. the ppl who ask question and make decisions base on answer given and 2. the ppl who av already decided before asking question just to prove a point. but it is quite unfortunate that majority of ppl in dis thread falls to the second category. because if after all the evidence you av b given, u still believe that islam accept unecessary and unacceptable violence like what dis boko and jambs are doing, den i guess it is ur human right to blieve what u want. and truly majority of ppl who are critisizing islam know the truth but dey are using dis boko, jambs saga as an oppurtunity to abuse islam. well i pray that by the time we all realize the effect our belief and action is having, i hope nigeria still exist. because those who plan to distabilize nigeria av implemented dare evil plan and as far i am concern it is working perfectly thanks to my fellow nigerians who av decided not to see past the black smoke. a large number of ppl av bin killed by this evil doers in the north both muslims and christian(majority of christians), and here we are pointing fingers at each other instead of us to be united. and our government busy thinking about how to get themself re-elected in 2015. one tin i know is that islam will not be wipe out as a religion in nigeria niether is christianity. so i actaully dont tink any gud tin will come out from us insulting each other for the matter of fact it is quite the oppsite. because you might compose ur comment and paste it. no one might reply it or even like it but do u av an idea about the number of ppl who read it. from what av seen, most comment av seen are comment that will increase the hatred between the two religion. the american av estblished a drone base in niger close to nigerian border. i guess we all know the after effect of such attack check iraq if u av no idea of what am saying. so the question is do we want to keep on fighting each other or do we want to stay united nd fight our common enemy?

1 Like

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by a4hafoe(m): 10:29am On Mar 18, 2013
alexis:

Your talk is still empty. I quoted from the Quran to back up my claim, so far you still lack any evidence to back up your statements. I have Hadiths to prove this based upon the actions of prophet Mohammed and will be happy to engage you if you can only do the same. Get some evidence and then you can PROVE your point.

will i tink b4 u strt ur so-called research,u already choose wot to belive in.d prophet ruled in medina and gave evry1 dre ryt,go and research abt d first hijrah of muslims to Abysenia,it was an xtain ruler dat ruled dre,he was 1 of d prophet's best frnd,d prophet even wept wen he died,if truly d prophet and islam encourage violence y wud he wnt to do such?...anyway u av ur selective perception,retaintion and exposure...buh d truth stil stnd islam dose nt encourage violence leave it or take it.

1 Like

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by just2endowed: 3:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
alexis:

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
just_thinking: all my life i av bin able to deduce that there are two main type of ppl who ask question 1. the ppl who ask question and make decisions base on answer given and 2. the ppl who av already decided before asking question just to prove a point. but it is quite unfortunate that majority of ppl in dis thread falls to the second category. because if after all the evidence you av b given, u still believe that islam accept unecessary and unacceptable violence like what dis boko and jambs are doing, den i guess it is ur human right to blieve what u want. and truly majority of ppl who are critisizing islam know the truth but dey are using dis boko, jambs saga as an oppurtunity to abuse islam. well i pray that by the time we all realize the effect our belief and action is having, i hope nigeria still exist. because those who plan to distabilize nigeria av implemented dare evil plan and as far i am concern it is working perfectly thanks to my fellow nigerians who av decided not to see past the black smoke. a large number of ppl av bin killed by this evil doers in the north both muslims and christian(majority of christians), and here we are pointing fingers at each other instead of us to be united. and our government busy thinking about how to get themself re-elected in 2015. one tin i know is that islam will not be wipe out as a religion in nigeria niether is christianity. so i actaully dont tink any gud tin will come out from us insulting each other for the matter of fact it is quite the oppsite. because you might compose ur comment and paste it. no one might reply it or even like it but do u av an idea about the number of ppl who read it. from what av seen, most comment av seen are comment that will increase the hatred between the two religion. the american av estblished a drone base in niger close to nigerian border. i guess we all know the after effect of such attack check iraq if u av no idea of what am saying. so the question is do we want to keep on fighting each other or do we want to stay united nd fight our common enemy?

Again, this is not boko haram or Ansaru alone, I am not prejudice or biased as you may claim - I am following evidence smiley. There is a trend here and too many to ignore for that matter. Case(s) in point that are close to home:

1. Muslim secondary school students in Gombe killed a female teacher in Gombe for "touching" the Quran.
2. Muslims in Ibadan burn churches and kill several pastors

I haven't even mentioned the laws in Saudi Arabia where it is illegal to own a Bible or practice any other religion apart from Islam. It is a death penalty to convert anyone from Islam to any other religion. It is the same Saudi Arabia that all muslims aspire to go to Mecca every year for the annual pilgrimage.

What you fail to see is that the actions of these "muslims" not matter how little their numbers might be compared to liberal muslims (like yourself which are in majority) are justified in your Quran. That is what I want you to see. So, you can preach Islam is peaceful all day but the ACTIONS of the primary figure in the Quran - your prophet and it's followers is quite contrary.

Secondly, use the Quran and Hadith to back up your evidence. I haven't seen any reference to your Holy Writs about peace - all you have done is talk and talk empty
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
a4.hafoe:
will i tink b4 u strt ur so-called research,u already choose wot to belive in.d prophet ruled in medina and gave evry1 dre ryt,go and research abt d first hijrah of muslims to Abysenia,it was an xtain ruler dat ruled dre,he was 1 of d prophet's best frnd,d prophet even wept wen he died,if truly d prophet and islam encourage violence y wud he wnt to do such?...anyway u av ur selective perception,retaintion and exposure...buh d truth stil stnd islam dose nt encourage violence leave it or take it.

I believe what people teach - that is how I discern and judge matters. I was taught drinking, smoking, murder and hate is bad. My parents didn't only say it - they lived it and didn't do those things. If they did them and at the same time told me they were wrong, what would you expect me to believe?

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. Jesus never murdered anyone so when he taught live at peace with all men - we didn't only listened to His words but primarily His deeds. So, He has the right to coach us on this topic. Can we say the same of your prophet?

Jesus preached to the jews and most rejected Him, did he force his belief down others neck? Can we say the same of your prophet?

Jesus never married and taught a man should marry one woman and be faithful to her. How many wives did your prophet marry and even shockingly he married a 6 year old and consummated the marriage at the age 9. SO, I GO BY EVIDENCE and ACTIONS; not sentiments and groundless belief.

From records, teachings in the Quran, history and present ACTIONS by muslims (not all) - it points and still points that there is basis for violence in Islam. To prove my point - I will ask you 2 simple questions:

1. Why don't Christians blow themselves up or kill innocent Muslims when they are worshiping in the Mosques? This includes both Christians that are hypocrites and true believers?
2. If the Quran teach peace and non-violence, why can't Muslims whether they are hypocrites or true Muslims understand and live by it?
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
We haven't even finished talking about this issue with Ansaru killing foreigners and yet muslims in the north are killing christians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21845402

Can't they go one month without violence? What has innocent southern christians have to do with jihad? Yet you guys will tell me Islam is peaceful, Peaceful Indeed!

1 Like

Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by alexis(m): 2:45am On Mar 21, 2013
Another day hasn't passed by and another "muslim" is in the news. Guess for what? .......................................... Terrorism!

https://www.nairaland.com/1231787/saudi-born-nigerian-charged-terrorism-u.s

Later, you will open your mouth and say Islam is peaceful yet a day can't pass by without someone, some-how, some-where, in one way or another affiliated with Islam that can't live in peace with others.
Re: JAMBS Post Video Of Hostages’ Bodies by ehissi(m): 10:40pm On May 19, 2013
alexis:

I like the fact that you are level-minded. What does Islam teach concerning killing of others especially non-muslims?

I can tell U (now note that I am telling you this as a practicing born-again christian who has read portions of the qoran and lots of history books and lots of the bible born in a christian home) that the qoran actually commands all muslims to live in peace among people (irrespective of their religion) who do not question/bar them from practicing islam (a priviledge mohammed never had - that is a place to peacefully practice).; hence the need to fight; the history books actually show that mohammed lost muslim brothers and sisters to starvation because in his home city it was agreed among the clans that no one will trade nor sell food to mohammed and those who believed he heard from a God he couldn't see (which was definitely going to put a hole in the pockets of those who forged/made the images of the gods which they could see). So the need to host a jihad (which he had to hear from God to declare). The problem lies in the interpretation of qoran as proposed by the Hadith and the random interpretation of Jihad and the random interpretation of "question/bar from practicing islam", muslims are also taught by the qoran to walk (with restraint and humility) the fine line that the laws of the land gives in such a way that the qoran/allah's laws are not disobeyed e.g.The qoran does not specify an age that a girl can be given out for marraige so far its done in line with islamic laws. This is however not an excuse for Senator Yerima to marry a 12year old girl ( a clear violation of Nigerian law) and claim that since he didn't sin against allah, he cannot be prosecuted for obeying his religion. If U must marry, exercise restraint and wait until She is 18 then marry her.

We christians are a major favourite of fundametalist and radical muslims for bombings and attacks for one major reason (The trinity)!! The qoran also states for the benefit of all who listen that there is one God and one God alone - a death knell for major proposers of the trinity (the idea of three persons in one God; who by the way are Christians) - what they (muslims) fail to realise is that that scripture was a response to a theory raised by a heathen culture that stated that God almighty got married to venus, had a wonderful sex life and gave birth to Christ ( a mixture of Greek mythology and Christianity that was designed to ensure the relevance of the worship of venus - a major source of intimacy.u.a.l perversion and intimacy.u.a.l related crime in those days) that is also why the Hadith now records that any suggestion that God ( or Allah as muslims call him) presented himself in a human form or any attempt to "humanise God" should be regarded as "Shirk" -Sin- God can never take the low and corrupted form of a man ( principles that revelations in Christianity now teach concerning Jesus Christ; hence the reason why most christians are the preferred target practice for radical islamist)!!

But just as some Christians in the name of the fear of the Lord will be afraid to speak against revered elders in the Christian faith when something may appear to be done wrong in the name of not speaking against God's servant/annoited so also muslims are afraid of speaking openly against their own elders especially when certain sensitive issues are discussed - the most sensitive of all being the introduction of Sharia; which is seen by some as building a caliphate of Spiritual foundation's whose leader/king is God almighty- allah as he is called in arabic - and only his law ruling the land and in time extending his dominion on the face of the earth!!! When this is discussed everybody isn't quite sure what next to say next lest they be found to be opposing God's rule and be wrongly declared as committing major "Shirk" or "Haram"!! c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No President Resigns During War, Jonathan Tells APC / Ibos Take Aso Ebi To Another Level / FG Hands Over Lagos-ota-abeokuta And Other Roads To Lagos State And Ogun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.