Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) (7779 Views)

Player(s) To Explode In The English Premier League This Season? / Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) / 10 To Watch In Nigerian Premier League This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by honeric01(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
by George Akpayen 08 March 2013, 05:46

The 2012/13 season of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) kicks off this Saturday with the southeast derby between Enugu Rangers and Enyimba but supersport.com combs the nation's top flight to unearth youngsters with precocious talents who will light up the championship this term.

In spite of Kaduna United and defending champions, Kano Pillars, missing out on signing a super talent in Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon, here's a handful of youngsters to watch in this campaign:

Zuzu Benjamin (Nembe City)

He is an exciting midfielder, who was instrumental in City's promotion to the top flight. Zuzu was snapped up from the youth ranks of rivals, Bayelsa United last season. His vision and composure on the ball puts him in a good stead to put up a fine display in the NPFL.

Abu Azeez (Kwara United)

He joined Kwara United from Bridge FC in December. Azeez is a key member of Nigeria's beach soccer team, the Supersand Eagles, but will make his debut in the top flight this term. The striker is pacy and swift on the turn with the ball and will trouble many defenders. He can also hit the ball with precision.

Isa Aminu (Kaduna United)

This left-footed defensive midfielder will wow followers of the NPFL this term with his pace, guile, defensive ability and ball distribution skills. The former FC Abuja is making his debut in the top flight.

Bobby Kingsley Sokari (Enyimba)

Six-time champions, Enyimba, landed this teenage midfielder in what many have described as a coup considering that he was spotted at grassroots tournament in Rivers where rivals, Dolphins and Sharks, are based. Sokari's style of play is likened to that FC Barcelona star, Andres Iniesta and the People's Elephants have a player to help them orchestrate their offensive moves this season.

Precious Omodu (Kaduna United)

Omodu, 18, is elegant when on the ball and his lanky frame does not inhibit his ball distribution skills and feints. Last term, the teenager was farmed out on loan to National League club, Spotlite FC by Kaduna United to continue his football education. The offensive midfielder is now ready for the rigours of the top flight.

Ichull Lordson (ABS)

Lordson is a powerful holding midfielder, who harries his opponents and tackles well. He is full of energy and running and can play in a roving role in the middle of the pack. He is one of several players at ABS from the Kwara Football Academy (KFA).

Osagona Ighadaro (3SC)

In pre-season, Ighadaro has not just been only impressive but lethal in front of goal. He scored 17 goals in 21 appearances to emerge 3SC's leading scorer in pre-season. He is capable of re-enacting same scoring form as his shooting skills is talk of the town in Ibadan.

Happy Okuoka (Heartland)

He had heads turning in awe during the Super Four with his performance for Heartland. He capped his display with two goals at the pre-season tournament in Kano. Okuoka also scored against Nigerian champions, Kano Pillars, to help his team win the Super Cup in December. The striker, who joined the Naze Millionaires from Lagos team, Paddysco FC, is clinical in front of goal and skilful.

Christian Pyagbara (Sharks)

The Blue Angels will definitely miss this skilful midfielder as he is away on international duty with Nigeria's Under-20 team in Algeria. The teenager has a sweet left foot and is a natural number 10 with an eye for goal. He is expected to add impetus to Sharks' campaign when he returns from international duty.

Thompson Ezekiel (Enugu Rangers)

He was in the radar of Cameroonian club, Cotonsport before he was snapped up by Enugu Rangers. The former El-Kanemi striker is adept in holding up play and bringing his teammates into the scheme of things. Ezekiel also scores goals.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130308/Stars_to_watch_in_NPFL_this_term

5 Likes

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by enyieuna: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
nice
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by UnknownMember: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
Watch them where?! angry

EPL done stop to show for Naija abi wetin?!

MTCHEEEEWWWW! angry
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by dharmeel(m): 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
3RD to comment

After the performance of the home based players @ afcon, that's y we r nw being encouraged to watch their matches abi ... #cool story .
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Sundahjoe(m): 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
Im here o. I mean fp
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by RedLight1: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by KingOmarion(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
Wat of mba?

1 Like

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by BashMe1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
GOD FORBID BAD TIN.... TUFFIIAAKWAAA
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Now seriously following the NPL... Good for Nija's football
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by bellaberry: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmnnnn, I can't recognize any of the names mentioned above.

I guess it's cos I don't watch NTA grin grin

@OP, no vex oh.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
Bash Me: GOD FORBID BAD TIN.... TUFFIIAAKWAAA
But y?
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Nwaoguta(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
You forgot 2mention yakubu aiyegbeni,farouk lawal and femi otedola.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by niceone3(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
nice one. i have actually seen some of these players play
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Afam4eva(m): 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=14pt]All the Enugu Rangers fans should congregate here https://www.nairaland.com/1219970/enugu-rangers-fan-thread-flying[/size]
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Eziachi: 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Unknown Member: Watch them where?! angry

EPL done stop to show for Naija abi wetin?!

MTCHEEEEWWWW! angry
To watch here is not physical watch-But if you insist, then I am sure they've all got grounds (stadia) where they all play their games.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by goldfish80(m): 6:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Am loving the hype about τђΞ local league lately cool

Am going to be on the look out ƒoя τђΞ sharks guy, Pyabara currently with the U20 team he is α superkid

Then the Rangers duo of Egbeta from Warri wolves I guess & Ezekiel

#TeamflyingAntelopes
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Mospring(m): 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
Enyimba al the way!!!....

1 Like

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by ypzilanti: 6:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
Picshures nko? NPL should pay Seun for this patriotic job. Kudos.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Eziachi: 6:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]All the Enugu Rangers fans should congregate here https://www.nairaland.com/1219970/enugu-rangers-fan-thread-flying[/size]
I seriously love Rangers. Rangers was the tonic we Biafrans use to forget the impact of the war in those days. God!, they did us all proud, despite all the odd.
I use to travel all the way from England to watch all Rangers cup final in the 70s and early 80s. Though I am from what they call Imo now but its Rangers or nothing else.

2 Likes

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
Eziachi:
I seriously love Rangers. Rangers was the tonic we Biafrans use to forget the impact of the war in those days. God!, they did us all proud, despite all the odd.
I use to travel all the way from England to watch all Rangers cup final in the 70s and early 80s. Though I am from what they call Imo now but its Rangers or nothing else.
Rangers was a team supported by a lot of people from the eastern region. Even a lot of Heartland and Enyimba fans still support Rangers.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
ypzilanti: Picshures nko? NPL should pay Seun for this patriotic job. Kudos.
The way the EPL, La Liga has been paying?

2 Likes

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Regiblinkz(m): 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
Bash Me: GOD FORBID BAD TIN.... TUFFIIAAKWAAA
you're Ω̶oτ even better than those guys on the list in all ramifications...ode mumu oshi *in spartacus voice*
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Jesuspikin87(m): 6:47pm On Mar 11, 2013
Since relegation of Bendel Insurance to Division 2......Ama support Rangers now!!!!
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by HAH: 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
The following should be enforced to strengthen the NPL ;
1,Private sponsorship and ownership of team like in the days of Julious berger FC, ACB fc,concord united, iwuannyawu united,BCC Lions etc

2,Matches should be on TV

3, Jerseys and other souvenirs should be made available.

4, Promoting the league through the media and social media ie nairaland and facebook and twitter

1 Like

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by EzePromoe: 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
[size=20pt]Fans of Dolphins, let's meet here:
www.nairaland.com/1221615/official-fan-thread-dolphins-fc

Please MOD, consider the thread for frontpage. Dolphins have fans all around the country, besides they were the former champions.[/size]
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by RedReact: 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
Na 'Tiyi Es Si' I dey o and we are going to show them we are the Soccer Warriors for Nigeria.
Let the vibe for our local league begin. We can't all be sponsoring other leagues and leave ours in shambles. Na local boy carry the day for Nigeria about 31 days ago.
Eh Enyimba, Rangers and co, abeg mind ya self o. 3SC na team to watch closely.

Up Up Sooootttttttiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg!!!!
Down Down ..... Me no talk anything o
gringringrin
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by honeric01(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
Jesuspikin87: Since relegation of Bendel Insurance to Division 2......Ama support Rangers now!!!!

Its Div 1 and not Div 2
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Plus Emeka Eze jnr. Even Keshi spotted him out @ Abuja, Super Eagles Camp
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Honeric, keep it up. I like the new vigour with which we are using to follow our league.

1 Like

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by samuelkanu: 8:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
Honeric thanks for the good job. I used to watch local matches when i was in enugu and portharcourt but now i am in lagos and no teams to watch. Nigerian league used to be interesting to watch because you could access the players yourself and i used to watch Taribo west back then and there was a player i used to love Efosa Eguakun and i was shocked to hear he was dead. Nigerian league can kill so many talents

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Love Most About Viewing Centres / Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match / Nigeria's Team At U-17 Women's World Cup: Azerbaijan 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.