Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) (7788 Views)

Player(s) To Explode In The English Premier League This Season? / Volunteers For Nigerian Premier League (NPFL) Live Matches. (2012/2013 Season) / 10 To Watch In Nigerian Premier League This Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Jyde89: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Bash Me: GOD FORBID BAD TIN.... TUFFIIAAKWAAA
abeg go watch malaysian, cambodian or samoan league or better still hug transformer, kiss a lioness in labour or drink two tee spoons of acid to help you avoid watching the NPL.......... Anuooooooooooofia.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by henryblaze25(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
That Benjamin Zuzu is really a terrific player, he plays from the defense line down to attack. Talking from experience cos we played the same school team
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by greall1: 10:40pm On Mar 11, 2013
see me see trouble Nijiria league lolz
SEUN ABEG You need to update us ITALIAN LEAGUE.

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by NRIPRIEST(m): 11:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
Unknown Member: Watch them where?! angry

EPL done stop to show for Naija abi wetin?!

MTCHEEEEWWWW! angry

We don't need f.ools like you on this thread.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by BashMe1(m): 6:55am On Mar 12, 2013
Regiblinkz: you're Ω̶oτ even better than those guys on the list in all ramifications...ode mumu oshi *in spartacus voice*

You dat is better let's c u do it more than i can na, Anu Ofia Zambia
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by elbinmanny(m): 7:29am On Mar 12, 2013
Akwa United !!!!!! All the way!!!!!!cheesycheesy
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by gamble009: 10:05am On Mar 12, 2013
ABUUU AZEEZ na the main man... Europe all the way.

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by ajf(m): 11:54am On Mar 12, 2013
Stars ko, trophies ni!! Players to watch simple... Gulders nko??
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by ajf(m): 11:56am On Mar 12, 2013
henryblaze25: That Benjamin Zuzu is really a terrific player, he plays from the defense line down to attack. Talking from experience cos we played the same school team
Oya, oga wetin be ur age? Wetin b d age d guy dey claim?
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by tarawill: 11:57am On Mar 12, 2013
Do nigerians watch NPL at all,not to talk of watching out for stars.lolzzZzzz
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by uncletbuddy(m): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
nice.one:
nice one. i have actually seen some of these players play
where? In your house?
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by Kirinwa: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2013
I congratulate honeric01 and others who are promoting NPL.Am excited about it.Please I wish Homeric can upload pictures of these Stars.Thanks.
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by uncletbuddy(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
honeric01: by George Akpayen 08 March 2013, 05:46

The 2012/13 season of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) kicks off this Saturday with the southeast derby between Enugu Rangers and Enyimba but supersport.com combs the nation's top flight to unearth youngsters with precocious talents who will light up the championship this term.

In spite of Kaduna United and defending champions, Kano Pillars, missing out on signing a super talent in Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon, here's a handful of youngsters to watch in this campaign:

Zuzu Benjamin (Nembe City)

He is an exciting midfielder, who was instrumental in City's promotion to the top flight. Zuzu was snapped up from the youth ranks of rivals, Bayelsa United last season. His vision and composure on the ball puts him in a good stead to put up a fine display in the NPFL.

Abu Azeez (Kwara United)

He joined Kwara United from Bridge FC in December. Azeez is a key member of Nigeria's beach soccer team, the Supersand Eagles, but will make his debut in the top flight this term. The striker is pacy and swift on the turn with the ball and will trouble many defenders. He can also hit the ball with precision.

Isa Aminu (Kaduna United)

This left-footed defensive midfielder will wow followers of the NPFL this term with his pace, guile, defensive ability and ball distribution skills. The former FC Abuja is making his debut in the top flight.

Bobby Kingsley Sokari (Enyimba)

Six-time champions, Enyimba, landed this teenage midfielder in what many have described as a coup considering that he was spotted at grassroots tournament in Rivers where rivals, Dolphins and Sharks, are based. Sokari's style of play is likened to that FC Barcelona star, Andres Iniesta and the People's Elephants have a player to help them orchestrate their offensive moves this season.

Precious Omodu (Kaduna United)

Omodu, 18, is elegant when on the ball and his lanky frame does not inhibit his ball distribution skills and feints. Last term, the teenager was farmed out on loan to National League club, Spotlite FC by Kaduna United to continue his football education. The offensive midfielder is now ready for the rigours of the top flight.

Ichull Lordson (ABS)

Lordson is a powerful holding midfielder, who harries his opponents and tackles well. He is full of energy and running and can play in a roving role in the middle of the pack. He is one of several players at ABS from the Kwara Football Academy (KFA).

Osagona Ighadaro (3SC)

In pre-season, Ighadaro has not just been only impressive but lethal in front of goal. He scored 17 goals in 21 appearances to emerge 3SC's leading scorer in pre-season. He is capable of re-enacting same scoring form as his shooting skills is talk of the town in Ibadan.

Happy Okuoka (Heartland)

He had heads turning in awe during the Super Four with his performance for Heartland. He capped his display with two goals at the pre-season tournament in Kano. Okuoka also scored against Nigerian champions, Kano Pillars, to help his team win the Super Cup in December. The striker, who joined the Naze Millionaires from Lagos team, Paddysco FC, is clinical in front of goal and skilful.

Christian Pyagbara (Sharks)

The Blue Angels will definitely miss this skilful midfielder as he is away on international duty with Nigeria's Under-20 team in Algeria. The teenager has a sweet left foot and is a natural number 10 with an eye for goal. He is expected to add impetus to Sharks' campaign when he returns from international duty.

Thompson Ezekiel (Enugu Rangers)

He was in the radar of Cameroonian club, Cotonsport before he was snapped up by Enugu Rangers. The former El-Kanemi striker is adept in holding up play and bringing his teammates into the scheme of things. Ezekiel also scores goals.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130308/Stars_to_watch_in_NPFL_this_term
what of Gbolahun... That dude z good
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by honeric01(m): 3:36pm On Mar 15, 2013
Kirinwa: I congratulate honeric01 and others who are promoting NPL.Am excited about it.Please I wish Homeric can upload pictures of these Stars.Thanks.

Some of the pix

Thompson Ezekiel (Enugu Rangers)

Adbulrahman of ABS

jacob-eke of sunshine stars

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by uncletbuddy(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2013
greall1: see me see trouble Nijiria league lolz
SEUN ABEG You need to update us ITALIAN LEAGUE.

Pls forgive me but I can't endure this any longer... Since I saw this your post I've been greatly troubled and what I will do now will relieve me a great deal... Pls take no offence but know that you are a great fool and will still remain one until you embrace what is yours, love it and make it grow... No wonder even a rascal mad white man will see a rich educated black and still feel superior to the black... You will forever remain an inferior until you cherish what is yours... You and others that posted foolishly... Well let me accept that you posted that at your 1min of madness and mine also is coming at my own 1min of madness.

2 Likes

Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by saintneo(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
Re: Stars To Watch In Nigeria Premier League This Season (2012/2013) by tck2000(m): 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2019
In

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Love Most About Viewing Centres / Keshi Drops Mikel Obi And Osaze For Liberia Match / Nigeria's Team At U-17 Women's World Cup: Azerbaijan 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.