Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! (7616 Views)

Ex Kogi Gov Audu Abubakar Gets Married To A Much Younger Lady / Peter And Paul Okoye's Younger Sister Weds / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:47am On Mar 14, 2013
I beg to disagree with u poster , these two celebs below are still very young and competent in my own opinion grin

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 11:53am On Mar 14, 2013
when this our oga @ D top is not ready to step down into retirement , how then would our celebs be ready to step down for upcoming chaps .

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
the problem with young people here is that they become money-minded at first, they just want to be actors because of the money actors make in acting.
secondly, they don't want to become their own names, they want to become someone else.
just like in football, there are those who have talent/passion for football and those who play for the money or because they want to be like ronaldo & messi..
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by sweetestboi(m): 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
tpia@:
just let them keep doing their thing, awon ni gbogbo e ye.

the so-called "new" "younger" celebrities arent necessarily an improvement on the older role models/mentors.
I see u still enjoy watchin dose grandma's n grandapa's actin wizkid"kip up wif d boredom"
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
No parent in naija will ever allow his or her child go into nollywood . When there jamb to write .when ders a university to go ...is not nollywood tho I think is the choice of the parents
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Soso990240(m): 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
HisRib:

Did I say I wanted them to go anywhere? I said we need NEW talent -- that is all. This is how the entertainment industry evolves. Plain and Simple!
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Soso990240(m): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
HisRib:

Did I say I wanted them to go anywhere? I said we need NEW talent -- that is all. This is how the entertainment industry evolves. Plain and Simple!
havnt u heard of wizkid,yung6,davido,olamide,etc.? We hv young celebrities.u will notice dm in due time..
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Soso990240(m): 12:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
K
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Regiblinkz(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
what happened to you @op,no be your mate dey be celebs?
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by velo10: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
In the music industry, we have some young acts like Wizkid, Skales, Olamide, etc. It's the Nollywood indusrtry that needs a overhaul. You still see Ramsey Noah,Emeka Ike playing college boys, when there are many fine and talented boys in our higher institutions that can do better.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by RuuDie(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2013
HisRib:

That's why they have 35 year olds playing the role high school students.

I swear. . .very, very annoying!
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by ginajet(f): 12:53pm On Mar 14, 2013
Can't somebody write what he/she feels We need younger celebs..... Gbam I support d writer
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by kabaka1: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
ITbomb: How will the new ones come up when all the producers and agents want is to get in between their legs before giving them a slot.

and you need to sleep with some required number of 'right' people before you can break in.

Only some shows like idols , talent etc can produce ,to some extent, clean stars

U're right. People don't really know what goes down behind d scene b4 a naija actress begins to get d the right roles in Nollywood like sexual harassment etc. And u know oh, parents like 2 protect their youths from these experiences.
Though such things it happens in places like US 2, but people r more cautious n the Us than naija.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by TDIsaac(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
The case u are making here is unecessary. Btw, who is stoppin d younger generation 4rm takin d centre stage? Is there anyone dt is hindering them 4rm proving themselves? The few ones among them dat are determined are breakin forth everyday. The problem wt d younger generation these days is lack of focus nd laziness. They want 2 hit it big at once without following d process patiently. Ask d ones u referred 2 as old about hw they started nd let them tell u how they worked hard, trained hard nd persevered b4 they got there. Our youngsters now are too lazy 2 develop themselves. They only waste precious times watchin T.V nd social media. Book reading culture has been alienated. I feel sad 4 dis generation.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2013
What we need to be clamoring for are good child and teenage actors because the ones we have can't act to save their lives. Apart from Sharon Ezeamaka and one other girl like that, i don't know any child actor that acts well.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by mutualrespect(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2013
i strongly agree with the writer. undecided
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by ITbomb(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
kabaka1:

Though such things it happens in places like US 2, but people r more cautious n the Us than naija.
Though it happens everywhere, but in US, there is penalty if u are caught. Howvever in Nigeria the young stars are cowed into it by the statement 'Everyone else is doing it' . And even when the culprit is caught with evidence, there is no justice upon that the reporting artiste will be blacklisted by all producers cos they are all involved
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by nitusa: 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
HisRib: Honestly, aren't you tired of seeing the same old celebrities over and over again?

We need fresh, new and young talent.

Where are the Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Rihanna, Jennifer Lawrence, Selena Gomez, Jayden Smith, Drake (insert more young celebs here) of Africa?

Why aren't we seeking new talent and new faces? I'm tired of seeing 30 and over people singing & acting like children to remain relevant!

Even Nollywood needs new talent. It's the same actors over and over again. That's why they have 35 year olds playing the role high school students. They need to start holding auditions to attract fresh/new talent.

I'm tired of seeing Omotola, Genevieve and company in every movie. They are old birds now. Just losing interest.

Here is one of them, 17yrs and moving waves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR92w1GDoT0
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by jmoore(m): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2013
@op start with yourself, become a celebrity
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
I agree, i am tired of seeing the same Celebrities As Well.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Samelfisha(m): 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
Diz z 9ja ntin change....sha i pray to be d new face in nollywood.
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by safarigirl(f): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
@ Op, NEW celebs or YOUNG celebs, be specific.
The fact that YOU and some others don't know them, doesn't mean they're not present; damilola Adegbite, gbenro Ajibade, Gideon Okeke, Chris Attoh, Belinda Effah, Ifeanyi Ogbonna, Ifeanyi Kalu, Beverly Naya, Linda Ejiofor, Chris Okagbue...these guys are new to Nollywood, not as young as J. Bieber (but those guys aren't NEW, 2008 no be new celeb).

You can visit the celeb section and look for threads concerning NEW celebs
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by safarigirl(f): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
The fact that YOU and some others don't know them, doesn't mean they're not present; damilola Adegbite, gbenro Ajibade, Gideon Okeke, Chris Attoh, Belinda Effah, Ifeanyi Ogbonna, Ifeanyi Kalu, Beverly Naya, Linda Ejiofor, Chris Okagbue...these guys are new to Nollywood (and fairly young, within the age range of 22-29), not as young as J. Bieber (but those guys aren't NEW, 2008 no be new celeb).

1 Like

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by safarigirl(f): 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
The fact that YOU and some others don't know them, doesn't mean they're not present; damilola Adegbite, gbenro Ajibade, O.C Ukeje, Ivie Okujaiye, Gideon Okeke, Chris Attoh, Belinda Effah, Ifeanyi Ogbonna, Ifeanyi Kalu, Beverly Naya, Linda Ejiofor, Chris Okagbue...these guys are new to Nollywood (and fairly young, within the age range of 22-29), not as young as J. Bieber (but those guys aren't NEW, 2008 no be new celeb).

Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by fubbyy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
safarigirl: @ Op, NEW celebs or YOUNG celebs, be specific.
The fact that YOU and some others don't know them, doesn't mean they're not present; damilola Adegbite, gbenro Ajibade, Gideon Okeke, Chris Attoh, Belinda Effah, Ifeanyi Ogbonna, Ifeanyi Kalu, Beverly Naya, Linda Ejiofor, Chris Okagbue...these guys are new to Nollywood (and fairly young, within the age range of 22-29), not as young as J. Bieber (but those guys aren't NEW, 2008 no be new celeb).

are you sure you know the meaning of celebrity? Those names you compiled cannot be termed as celebrities(who is celebrating them) they are just up and coming actors, you must have contributed a lot in the industry, known by atleast 50 percent of the industry fans before you will be called a celebrity

Not when a talented artist is trying to rise which is under probability
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Fussbot: 9:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
Op jst be patient with me 4 lik maybe 2 more years..en!en!I go con get time 4 dis industry..cus me can sing,and me can act.!bt d only problem be sae I NO GET ANYBODY 4 LAGOS!so shey u go accomodate me??lol..bt seriously,anoda problem is dat al dis big celebs are not ready 2 help d upcoming ones..bt anytime wey me dn ready sha..I go blow noni!if den no wan gree d easy way.. ATI WERE BO!
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
Tolexander: These are 2 upcoming celebrities

grin grin
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2013
Anybody who can't see new celebs in nollywood or music industry can't because they don't want to.

Most of nollywood's new celebs only act in cinema releases so....if you don't watch the quality Nollywood movies, you will continue to see old faces.

Meanwhile...entertainment doesn't have retiring age. Last I checked Angelina jolie, halle berry, Jenifer Lopez and many other old Hollywood actors still play major roles & Beyonce, Jennifer, eminem etc still sing. I'm sure you are not tired of those faces, right?

You nigerians are just hypocrites who will always pick on anything nigerian. Dang!
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 15, 2013
[size=28pt]DANNY KRANE[/size]
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by HisRib(f): 1:22am On Mar 15, 2013
Once again, I'm NOT saying entertainment has a retirement age. I didn't say the older actors should disappear. I'm simply saying, we need to encourage new talent & particularly young people. There are talented people out there looking for opportunities. Why not give them a chance? Do you know that in Hollywood even BIG actors have to audition for roles?

Why can't we do the same? This is how you discover new talent. This is how you explore someone's potential. Most African actors can only play a certain role, meanwhile in Hollywood, you have people like Idris Elba for instance, he has a Brittish accent but can sound completely American. Nicole Kidman is Australian but can sound American. For crying out loud, Leo Dicaprio played a role of a white South African in blood diamonds.

How do you think they have landed such roles? Auditions! Miley Cyrus began her career in Hanna Montanna, she went to the audition as a nobody and was chosen for the role due to her great performance.

Why can't African talent evolve? Why do our actors refuse to train and evolve? I once watched a Nigerian movie, I forgot the name. But, in the movie the guy went to study in America then after 5 years returned to Nigeria. Ask me why the guy returned and was faking a Brittish accent? Wasn't he supposed to go to America?

I just get annoyed with all these nonsense. Oh by the way, when I speak of new talent, I'm referring to everything -- actors, producers, writers, cameraman, directors, make-up artists, stylists. We need NEW talent. That is ALL!

I wonder if some of the people getting offended are Nollywood actors undercover. Lol. I see y'all!
Re: Africa Needs New Younger Celebrities!!! by HisRib(f): 1:30am On Mar 15, 2013
safarigirl: @ Op, NEW celebs or YOUNG celebs, be specific.
The fact that YOU and some others don't know them, doesn't mean they're not present; damilola Adegbite, gbenro Ajibade, O.C Ukeje, Ivie Okujaiye, Gideon Okeke, Chris Attoh, Belinda Effah, Ifeanyi Ogbonna, Ifeanyi Kalu, Beverly Naya, Linda Ejiofor, Chris Okagbue...these guys are new to Nollywood (and fairly young, within the age range of 22-29), not as young as J. Bieber (but those guys aren't NEW, 2008 no be new celeb).

Hi there,

I understand your point. BUT, from what I recall, someone needs to have a following larger than 2 or 4 people to be considered a celebrity.

They would quality as struggling actors. Do they deserve an opportunity to shine? Absolutely! That is why holding AUDITIONS is key. This is how you explore an actor's potential. This is HOW you discover NEW talent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Still Remember This Little Star Boy?....(photos) / David Beckham Is The 'Ebuka' Of Prince Harry #RoyalWedding (photos) / Celestial Church Choir Twerk For Church Elders During Sunday Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.