Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? (1072 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by Danoe(m): 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2008
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all it's righteousness and all this things will be added unto you Mathew 6:33. The Kingdom of God is love and he who seek him most do that in spirit and in truth. By sharing love, peace and coming together to serve the Lord God Almighty. Every religion talks about the issue of creation and the existence of God and man. I want to observe that we are all human beings but the level of our religious believe is determine by our level of human and God perception. How did man come into existence and who is God is what every religion is talking about but in different context.

I am not a fanatic but I am very proud and comfortable with my religious believe which is the best and the most popular in the World. For the Bible says that we are save by grace through Jesus Christ. And what love is greater than the love of God who gave his life to save us.

I believe in God and the TRINITY but can some body please explain the difference between Holy spirit and Holy ghost?
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by Gamine(f): 6:30pm On Mar 24, 2008
HABA shocked

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee cry

My Eyes!!!!!!!! cry
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by samba123(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2008
Danoe:

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all it's righteousness and all this things will be added unto you Mathew 6:33. The Kingdom of God is love and he who seek him most do that in spirit and in truth. By sharing love, peace and coming together to serve the Lord God Almighty. Every religion talks about the issue of creation and the existence of God and man. I want to observe that we are all human beings but the level of our religious believe is determine by our level of human and God perception. How did man come into existence and who is God is what every religion is talking about but in different context.

I am not a fanatic but I am very proud and comfortable with my religious believe which is the best and the most popular in the World. For the Bible says that we are save by grace through Jesus Christ. And what love is greater than the love of God who gave his life to save us.

I believe in God and the TRINITY but can some body please explain the difference between Holy spirit and Holy ghost?

You believe in your god jesus(as) why you don't even know who is the holy spirit and holy ghost? can you ask who invented those trinity and adopted by all christian as their prayer? you should know the AUTHOR OF THE BIBLE? BEFORE BELIEVING IN YOUR god.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by babs787(m): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2008
You believe in your god jesus(as) why you don't even know who is the holy spirit and holy ghost? can you ask who invented those trinity and adopted by all christian as their prayer? you should know the AUTHOR OF THE BIBLE? BEFORE BELIEVING IN YOUR god.

I think they are still having problem with that TRINITY which was never preached by OT prophets and Jesus never preached same but was inserted into the bible by those that couldnt be held responsible as the original and real author of the bible.

Stimulus raised a thread on the logos but have not come back to answer some questions put across at him.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by 4Him(m): 8:19pm On Mar 27, 2008
Danoe:

They are one and the same.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by babs787(m): 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2008
@Poster,

Take it from there, your scholar said that they are the same.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by outlaws(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2008
cool

If you say you know they are, when was the last time you saw one? Can you explain something that you haven't seen or experience. Were are your evidence?
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by ikare(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2008
I think it is unfortunate that some people still doubt the teachings they receive every day.i have a counter question-in what way will d answer to this question boost ur spiritual level?
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by samba123(m): 7:27pm On Mar 29, 2008
4Him:

They are one and the same.
patent charlatan,
your fellow brother christian who asking this question you can't even give him a little clue,

Are STINGY or Greedy in a sense, to your fellow christian?
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by ifyalways(f): 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2008
@OP whats your reason for typing the way you did?
The holy spirt and Holy Ghost are same.HE is the comforter of the saints.He lives in every child of God and bears witness in them.Hes the last gift that Christ gave the disciples b4 leaving.He leads belivers to all truth.THE holy spirit is REAL !
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by ifyalways(f): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2008
i dont know the pastor you are talking of here.
some bible translations have it as Holy spirit,some as Holy Ghost,some as the Spirit of God.
they are same of same .simple cool
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by holythug(m): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2008
ask dem na
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by kolaoloye(m): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2008
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
Ghost

Ghost\, n. [OE. gast, gost, soul, spirit, AS. g[=a]st breath, spirit, soul; akin to OS. g?st spirit, soul, D. geest, G. geist, and prob. to E. gaze, ghastly.]

1. The spirit; the soul of man. [Obs.]

Then gives her grieved ghost thus to lament. --Spenser.

2. The disembodied soul; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.

The mighty ghosts of our great Harrys rose. --Shak.

I thought that I had died in sleep, And was a blessed ghost. --Coleridge.

3. Any faint shadowy semblance; an unsubstantial image; a phantom; a glimmering; as, not a ghost of a chance; the ghost of an idea.

Each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor. --Poe.

4. A false image formed in a telescope by reflection from the surfaces of one or more lenses.

Ghost moth (Zo["o]l.), a large European moth (Hepialus humuli); so called from the white color of the male, and the peculiar hovering flight; -- called also great swift.

Holy Ghost, the Holy Spirit; the Paraclete; the Comforter; (Theol.) the third person in the Trinity.

To give up or yield up the ghost, to die; to expire.

And he gave up the ghost full softly. --Chaucer.

Jacob . . . yielded up the ghost, and was gathered unto his people. --Gen. xlix. 33. Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLY SPIRIT AND HOLY GHOST.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by contra(m): 8:08am On Apr 04, 2008
What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost?

The question should have been; Who is The Holy Sprirt and Who is the Holy Ghost, because the Holy Spirit is a Person and He has a Personality. The Name Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost can be used interchangeably, They mean the same thing.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by contra(m): 8:09am On Apr 04, 2008
What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost?

The question about the Holy Ghost is not to be discussed with those that are not born again, the first step to knowing who the Holy Ghost is is to be born again, then other things can follow.
No matter how one explains and describe the Holy Spirit to you, you cannot understand it, He is too complicated for those who are not born again.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by samba123(m): 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2008
Well, we have here a little confuse among our fellow.
HOLY SPIRIT
HOLY GHOST

HOLY THE SAME WORD APPEAR. WHY THE TWO WORD HERE ARE SPIRIT AND GHOST
DO YOU THINK

SPIRIT AND GHOST ARE THE SAME? WHAT DO YOU THINK LOL
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by MP007(m): 6:07am On Apr 05, 2008
Holy spirit , the word 'GHOST' KINDA SWINGS the pendulum between good and evil,
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by detruth: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2008
Just like asking the difference between "male" and "masculine". Synonyms! "spirit" and "ghost" are both the same.
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by Seabe(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2008
If you say you know they are, when was the last time you saw one? Can you explain something that you haven't seen or experience. Were are your evidence?

Do you believe that you have a spirit.
If so when was the last time you felt your own spirit.

The Spirit can not be felt, cannot be detected. God can only show his Power by his Spirit, how is present every were.

I used a search engine on  http://www.biblegateway.com and the new international version does not have the word Holy Ghost, but it rather uses Holy Spirit. The use of Holy Ghost is found in the King James version.
They mean the same thing, for example

From King James version, Matthew 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the[b] Holy Ghost[/b]

From New international version,  Matthew 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit
Re: What Is Holy Spirit And What Is The Holy Ghost? by holythug(m): 11:17pm On Apr 16, 2008
shocked no difference btw ghost & spirits undecided

(1) (Reply)

Better Bankers - The Semi-monthly Divine Help For Workers In The Banking Sector / A Weeping Prophet / Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.