Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools (4650 Views)

CCT Trial: 5 Punishments Saraki Will Face If Found Guilty / Ambode Abolishes Monthly Environmental Sanitation Exercise / Presidency Abolishes Office Of First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ypzilanti: 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
The Bauchi State Government on Monday abolished capital punishments in secondary schools across the state.

The state Commissioner for Education, Alhaji Aminu Ibrahim, made this known when he addressed secondary school principals in his office in Bauchi.

Ibrahim, said that the State Government would no longer tolerate any form of capital punishment on any student across the state.

``Henceforth punishment in schools should be a punishment that will add value to the school, such as clearing of waste, weeding of grasses, drainage clearing, sweeping and other related punishment,’’ he said.

Ibrahim also urged principals to monitor students, guard against examination malpractice and any other social vices.

The commissioner said that principals should be vigilant to ensure that all visitors were identified before entering into school premises.

He said that government would organise a capacity building on ICT for all principals and their deputies in 17 centres for effective use of the laptops and other equipment.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/bauchi-govt-abolishes-capital-punishments-schools
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ypzilanti: 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
^^^^I found this very funny. I imagine it was 'corporal punishment' that they wanted to say in this report, but was it the Governor or the reporter that used the word 'CAPITAL PUNISHMENT?'

7 Likes

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by bokohalal(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
ypzilanti: ^^^^I found this very funny. I imagine it was 'corporal punishment' that they wanted to say in this report, but was it the Governor or the reporter that used the word 'CAPITAL PUNISHMENT?'

I been fear small say maybe them dey execute pupils for Bauchi State.

10 Likes

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by gramci: 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
bokohalal:

I been fear small say maybe them dey execute pupils for Bauchi State.

Yes o, boko haram de help execute the capital punishment cheesy

Commissioner of education I de salute you, well done cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by Rossikk(m): 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
@poster, I think you mean corporal punishment.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by gramci: 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
Rossikk: @poster, I think you mean corporal punishment.

Not from the poster, check the source
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ifyalways(f): 2:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Good.Capital punishments add no value and corrects no one.physical and mental exercises is a better form of correction.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by IGBOSON1: 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifyalways: Good.Capital punishments add no value and corrects no one.physical and mental exercises is a better form of correction.

^^^Ifyalways, i think 'capital punishment' is a bit of an overkill considering we're just trying to correct childrens misdemeanor; but i know you meant corporal punishment wink.

I was flogged but never flogged anyone when i became a 'senior'; of course i perfected the art of 'padding' my shorts well-well, and creating such a scene after the first stroke that the flogger would just give up angry angry.

You need to see the way some kids are flogged in secondary school! shocked.....only sadists would get pleasure from inflicting such pain on a kid, and it just helps to dehumanize us as a people.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Capital punishment?! No sh*t.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by goldfish80(m): 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
tongue

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Long overdue. Corporal punishment is barbaric.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by dapsonlou(m): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
i was worried o, i thought they were killings kids for being late to school... lol thats why i open the post lmao embarassed
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
Too bad for some guys: For me, being corporally punished only afforded me the opportunity to show off my 'machoness' and impress the girls. Asides that, it's pretty useless, IMO. lol
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by Paulonminyi: 3:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
Gud tok.bt no amount of punishment reach poverty n hunger.we re already b punished by our Government..
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by Sweetapple007(f): 3:13pm On Mar 12, 2013
Spare the rod ad spoil the child.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by madridsta007(m): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
They had to. If a teacher flogs the child of a Boko haramist, the teacher and the school will be bombed.

Wise decision governor.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by wonlasewonimi: 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
They kill them? shocked
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ypzilanti: 3:15pm On Mar 12, 2013
You guys are missing the whole point of the post:

A reporter wrote 'capital punishment' instead of corporal punishment. The editor approved the article and it was printed that way. They then went ahead to put the same news on the internet without correction. The news is out on google news aggregator and other news aggregators too. People all over the world are reading the news asking WTF?
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by seyibrown(f): 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
I though it was abolishing Shariah Law! grin grin grin If you can't lash the kids when they are young, why lash them when they become adults! grin grin You don't lash them for stealing when they are young but will cut their hand off when they are older! grin grin grin
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
Capital punishment? Is that like Rowan Atkinson's fatal beatings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMoB6ms2mE
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2013
Which one be capital punishment before?
So what ll they do to students aside clearing waste, cutting grass or caning? Will they behead , shoot or bomb them?
Somebody should pls sight a sample of this capital punishment.
During my sec sch days, the height of punishment is 24 strokes of cane, working in the school farm or wash our ever dirty-flies-coackroch infested-contaminated pit laterine. Gosh! U ll neva wanna experience it.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by bory09(m): 3:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
Na cain sure pass. If some pikin neva see cain their brain no go work. Most student wey i know na cain be their language. So why stopping caining. We no go gree o we no go gree.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ZACHIE: 3:38pm On Mar 12, 2013
why now? Kill all of them bad children jor

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:41pm On Mar 12, 2013
Capital punishment or corporal punishment?

Oops! shocked I forgot Boko is haram for them.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by LeOstrich: 3:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
[size=40pt]CORPRAL PUNISHMENTS NOT CAPITAL[/size]

Nigerians are daft!
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ZACHIE: 3:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
NOOOO
IT IS CAPORAL PURNISHMEN

OLODO WITH BIG LETTER
Le Ostrich: [size=40pt]CORPRAL PUNISHMENTS NOT CAPITAL[/size]

Nigerians are daft!

Nigerians are daft!

Nigerians are daft!

Nigerians are daft!
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ZACHIE: 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
Now who is daft??
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by wonlasewonimi: 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
ZACHIE: NOOOO
IT IS CAPORAL PURNISHMEN

OLODO WITH BIG LETTER

lmao
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by nke001: 3:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Even with capital, corporal, police punishment... whatever!, the kids dont respect their teachers. Now that the governor had vetoed against it, these guy will be going to skool with b**b!
A lion can never begat a sheep.
Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by ITbomb(m): 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
I thought Capital punishment was 'Death by hanging'
Is that what they have been doing to school children?

1 Like

Re: Bauchi Abolishes Capital Punishments In Schools by eakenbor: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
It is spelt "corporal" not "corpral" or "coporal", lesser Otondos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How GEJ Is Preparing To Divide Nigeria / Nigeria's Youngest Billionaire To Buy $2.5bn Oil Block / Positive Changes Report President Goodluck's Administration 2011-2015 Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.