Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

5 Routes To Fame Without Any Talent Whatsoever - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Routes To Fame Without Any Talent Whatsoever (2476 Views)

How Adekunle Gold Predicted His Rise To Fame Three(3) Years Ago [PICS] / Nigerian Artistes Who Moved From Shame To Fame / Nuella Njubigbo Denies Riding On Men To Fame (New Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Routes To Fame Without Any Talent Whatsoever by darmiee1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
5 Routes to Fame Without any Talent Whatsoever

Don't we all love and sometimes envy famous people; the recognition, respect, power, influence, attention and what have you? It looks as if the world was made just for them. Once upon a time, I use to think that you must be talented to become famous, and truly you must have a modicum of talent in which you can achieve fame, but over the time, that ideology has been proven to be unnecessary. We are in an era when a person with virtually no talent other than just showing him or herself around can be regarded as a celebrity. Now, you may find some of my suggestions hilarious and crazy, but trust me, this are some of the results of my observations in my close to a decade of hanging around all sorts of famous people as a humble journalist and also researching how I also can become famous though I never mustered the courage to try out any of these methods (Maybe very soon). But, I have seen it worked for so many and I can bet you have as well.

1.Participate in a Reality TV show

One thing about entering for a Reality show is that even if you don't get to win, you can get known for your presence on the show due to the heavy publicity such TV programming concepts attract. I can bet you know atleast two people who became famous just by being on a reality TV show. An example is Ebuka Obi-Uchendu who participated in Big Brother Nigeria. Interestingly, such reality TV shows like Big Brother, Gulder and Ultimate Search give individuals who may not even have any talent whatsoever a chance at stardom. Even if you are unsure of going beyond the first few shows on the edition of the programme, you  can make your short-lived stay linger on in the memory of everyone by sparking up some controversy. Yup! On Big Brother, Ebuka's alleged involvement in a three-way affair between fellow contestants Helen and Francisca was a notable storyline. Many ordinary participants of reality shows have been remembered for the drama they created and
 entertained viewers with; from faking a coma, nerd attitude, high temperament, rude attitude, to even an alarming appetite for food.
I have often thought of entering for one of these shows, wait for one of the popular judges to make a comment , walk up to the judge to land a hot slap on his or her cheek and then walk out of the show. Crazy huh? But I can imagine how my name will be on the lips of everyone the next day and all manners of newspaper/magazine headlines that will be written on that. Well, that's the mischievous me. And if you win the reality show, then your fame can be easily guaranteed. Think of Iyanya, Karen Igho, Uti Nwachukwu, and many more even though we've seen some none winners of some reality TV shows become more successful and famous than the actual winner, need I mention Omawumi?

2. Relationship Route

Can't wait to be famous? Then date to be famous! It just so happen that when you go into a love relationship either by just dating or marrying a famous person, the fame easily rub off on you. It's simple! History is full of such people. Did I hear you say Toni Payne, Shade Okoya,Prince Odianosen, Linus Idahosa and so on. Before now, Sandra Onyenaucheya was relatively an unknown name until it was discovered that this was the lady that has won the heart of Nigeria's Who Wants to Be a Millionaire host, Frank Edoho, after his controversial break-up with his ex-wife Katherine. Sandra's name went viral in no time. See? You can't escape the spotlight if you are the new heart-rob of people's favourite personality. Even if all you just do as a person is being a  'follow-follow' to someone famous, you will still generate the curiosity of the Press. I know a guy who is always hanging around stars like D'banj, Davido, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy and others to the extent
 that he has been featured in their videos times without number, yet I can't  place my finger on any desirable talent this dude possess. But the point is that he is now more popular and written about than a lot of talented musician.

3. The Internet Route

The number one challenge of all time for almost everyone who want to be famous even if talented, is how to be seen and heard by the world. The emergence of Mass Media; TV, Radio and Print was however a breath of fresh air. But the downside to those media is that you have to merit your appearance on them. That is if you have achieved a measure of success with your talent or if you are not talented per se, you must have aroused a certain level of public interest in you one way or another. So you are at the mercy of the media owners. But the internet as to a large extent rubbish that. Even the dumbest person can now go on the internet using social media such as twitter, facebook, and Youtube to let the world see and hear them do or say stupid things.

I can't imagine how many famous people the internet has made. Many relatively 'talentless' individuals are becoming known everyday through Youtube which according to its slogan, 'Broadcast Yourself'.  Justine Bieber was discovered after uploading several videos of himself on Youtube, and same with Sean Kingston who was already a star on Myspace before he finally got signed. I know a lot of ordinary Nigeria girls who get about 5,000 likes and comments on their personal facebook page just for uploading the photos of their new hairdo, painted fingernails or more disgusting, for announcing the completion of their monthly menstrual circle! Some are even more popular with over a 100,000 likes on their fan page. Now, how many traditional media can guarantee an everyday person such a huge exposure? By now you must have heard about the Backyard Crew, a couple of guys who have developed this interest in mimicking,and translating popular songs into very hilarious,
 amateurish videos and posting them online, to the extent of winning a large sum of money in the popular 'Oliver Twist' competition by producer Don Jazzy. Just doing, crazy funny, dangerous or really weird and strange stuff is enough to get you millions of hits and become an overnight star online without even leaving your house. Think of anything u can post online that might interest people and see if it will go viral.

4. The Record Route

Flipping through the pages of a world  record book sometimes, I'm amazed at the annoying and pointless thing many people have come to be known for. From a gardener in a village of china gathering other gardeners together and claiming to be entering the Guinness book for the category of the world's largest gathering of gardeners or largest gathering of people raising their glass to perform a toast, or largest gathering of nonstop movie viewers. Now, tell me how hard is that? Here is an idea. Let say u want to create a record for largest number of people waving there hands, just get a lot of people in one place at the same time and get them to wave their hands.… Couldn’t be simpler. Even if you fail at it, the fact that you attempted it could get your name in a couple of traditional media, and don't forget to also use the internet as well. Infact the internet could be all you need. The truth is that if your record is unique enough and someone else can
 come out later to challenge it, it most likely will be adopted by one of the World record books out there.

5. The Charity Route

Imeh Usuah, an Abuja cab driver recently got the popularity of his life when he returned the sum of N18m left in his cab by a passenger who  recently alighted at an hotel from his cab. According to the driver, he was at the car-wash when he discovered a bag left in his car by a passenger and he decided to do the right thing by returning it to the owner. Now, I know what you are saying, this man is going to die of poverty! But that's not true. As the saying goes 'There is reward in Honesty', our society has a tradition of rewarding exemplary individuals who show rare moral standard. Though, the Taxi driver returned the tempting amount of money out of his own good character, the recognition he got from that rare act of honesty and charitable display won him several awards and took him to places and people he could never dream of meeting. Know that it is one thing to have money, it is another to be famous, Mr Usuah whose name was in almost all the
 newspapers, Radio and TV stations, was also rewarded with several cash compensation by many notable people in the society. Google the name and see what you will find. The Taxi Driver was given the award of Intgerity by the National Orientation Agency(NOA) and many other Federal Government and private establishment as many dinners were organised in his honour. There have been many Nigerians in the past who have achieved some level of fame just by being honest. If you can exhibit some unique character or do something generous that most people won't do then you could be on your way to fame.  Anybody can do that and you don't need talent. Just by feeding hungry children in your area, or giving up a vast amount of money, or even a little of your time is a very good way of getting on the front page of at least your local newspaper. Think of it, what was Mother Theresa famous for?

6. Get a Life!

No, that's not one of the routes to success. Read the headline again, it says 5 Routes not 6. 'Get a life' is an idiom and catch phrase usually intended as a taunt, to indicate that the person being so addressed is devoting an inordinate amount of time to trivial or hopeless matters. Fame according to a philosopher 'is a by-product of courageous acts.' It is simply saying don't chase fame but embark upon something really worthy. Do it not because of self-aggrandisement but because you sincerely want to serve humanity and fame will come naturally. Happiness is all that matters,  but If you have to go through life chasing fame at the detriment of the real essence of life, then seriously my friend, you need to get a life!

(1) (Reply)

Mo’cheddah Joins Others ‘missing’ In Action After NAKÉD Photo Popped On Twitter / An Old Photo Of King Sunny Ade / Charlyboy And His Virgins=>pictures<=

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.