Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (31827 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / Alamieyeseigha, Others To Get State Pardon Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by kabaka1: 5:13am On Mar 13, 2013
Hahaha grin!!! Yes, another rotten political move by the leader of naija, which is meant to favor him 4 2015 election. Nigerians dey smarter than that oh cheesy!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by kabaka1: 5:15am On Mar 13, 2013
naptu2: Consequence: Alamieyeseigha can now contest elections (he is no longer an ex-convict).

Exactly!!!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by NdaColly(m): 5:16am On Mar 13, 2013
Mr President is truly a good man. Thanks to all members of the Council. I would have been disappointed if Mr President had not done this. Bravo!

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 1k001(m): 5:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Symphony007: Before this padon was annouced where do you think alameshia was? Langushing in kiri kiri prison? He has been a free man since, no one asked anything about him but now because the presidency is openely padoning him, some fools here are feining outrage. Obasanjo's buddies victor attah, peter odili, achike udenwa and many others are all at large today enjoying their loot which dwarfs whatever this man took from a state whoes riches cannot be compared to the guys state mentioned above. But because he fell out with the God father and was punished. Where is the outrage from you guys against the fat cats who stole more than this man ever taught to but where loyal to the godfather. Alams is the scapegoat. The gift that keeps on giving.....nigeria has an incredibly long way to go!

... true, but if even the scapegoat gets away what message does that send to other goats...

This whole thing is shameful really but not altogether suprising. Is it not the same Alams that after the indictments, conviction and return of stolen funds arrived home to a hero's welcome. Watching it on AIT i had to blink a million times and pinch myself to make sure i wasn't dreaming.

corruption is the way in Nigeria. Try as you may, it is unavoidable and burned into our sub-conscious. Example; in many a school, teachers provide 'expo' for a fee and doctor results on demand, to get anywhere you must sort someone. Try do it the right way and you're in for a 'treat'.

All our systems reward cutting corners as confirmed by this pardon. Your consent is not even needed sometimes for you to take part in dishonest practices. Case in point: I sat in a WAEC exam where answers were written on the board for all in the class to see. Things like this have a normalizing effect.

On average we Nigerians don't notice many corrupt practices and good luck to you if you dare notice and decide to speak up. An uncommon courage is needed to oppose it as the voice of honesty is almost always drowned out in the noise of the corrupt. Personally i try but we need a critical number to start to change our ways, to eschew corruption when it's in front of us and not partake. you will be labelled with many names but know you're engaged in the pursuit of a greater good.

Our leaders are largely a reflection of the larger society. The better the selection pool, the better the leaders!

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by kinguwem: 7:49am On Mar 13, 2013
Wonders they say shall never end. Alams, the former Governor-General is no longer an ex-convict! What would have motivated the National Council of State to take such a decision? This action is condemnable & portrays the FG as a pro-corruption government.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by 3kay945(m): 8:03am On Mar 13, 2013
manmade: obviously u don't know the meaning of C in C in a democractic setting. Pls try to upgrade ur knowledge.

If yours that is upgraded sees nothing wrong in this lugubrious decision of this cluelessly retar.de.d Fisherman, then I don't want mine to be upgraded!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2013
manmade: . This is a very wrong comparison. The constitution did not provides for the above action, if it does as is the case in the action taken by the C of S in accordance with section 175 of CFRN 1999 as Amended then it would have been a lawful action and no reasonably man will have a legal ground to challenge it,afterall GEJ is not the Author of CFRN 1999

Fair enough.
Have you ever observed that when the Council of State approves billions for projects credit goes to GEJ not the Council? When it is something to applaud the sycophants give credit to GEJ, when it is a gaffe the suckers introduce joint responsibility.

I will not be in the least surprised if GEJ comes out in future to claim that every Nigerian wanted Alams pardoned.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by WaleLeemson: 8:16am On Mar 13, 2013
I am disappointed in GEJ. he is encouraging corruption. God save Nigeria
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by BashMe1(m): 8:21am On Mar 13, 2013
I WILL NEVA' RELENT... NIGERIA WILL NEVER SETTLE IF BUHARI WONT BE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO CLEANSE THE COUNTRY OFf CORRUPTION.. GOD!!!

4 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by wirinet(m): 8:27am On Mar 13, 2013
mko abiola: It wasn't GEJ dat unlaterally grant dem state pardon ,it was agreed by d council of state which included former president ,y lamblasting GEJ.get it right.

If it wasn't GEJ that unilaterally granted them (Alams) state pardon, then who nominated them? What criteria was used for the nominations. How was the decision to grant state pardon arrived at? Was it by vote or was each name read out and the Ayes has it under a voice vote.

When you say members of the council of state, who were the members present? Was OBJ there to agree to pardon Alams? Was Buhari there? What of IBB and abdulsalami?

To me the pardoning of Alams was basically a unilateral decision by GEJ, under the cover of council of state.

So what of Tafa Balogun and Cecilia Ibru, are they not eligible for pardon also as their cases is very similar to that of Alams.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by BigBen10: 8:46am On Mar 13, 2013
Another celebration of corruption
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2013
sweet_gala:
I would like to believe I am not the subject you referred to .
Nop. Unless u are one off the 40 laptop crew*
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Tobbylobar(m): 8:54am On Mar 13, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Seriously? why won't boko-Elders ask for amnesty?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-29H1cEw7L7E/UT8Xc5SG4PI/AAAAAAAAjdE/B4iAl02dMl4/s400/1obehiokoawoblog+-+Copy+copy+-+Copy.jpg[/img]
.....see d type of leader dat Jonathan think he deserve to be pardon...this man is such a joke..haaaa i weep for my country...God yyy dis i have to be born in dis forsaking country...
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by BlueMurder(m): 9:07am On Mar 13, 2013
GEJ has by this ignoble action, formally endorsed corruption in Nigeria. Just when you think he could do no worse.... He has also rendered EFCC, ICPC & CCB totally useless.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by fortune1968: 9:07am On Mar 13, 2013
my heart bleeds . indeed president jonathan is a very bad representative of our country. he should also throw all d prisons gates open.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by seunajia: 9:17am On Mar 13, 2013
ifihearam:

Who were the male and female pig (sic) that fertilized me into this world??
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by freebloke: 9:34am On Mar 13, 2013
jidelekan: Go and steal no more
WRONG!!!
Go and steal some more.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:41am On Mar 13, 2013
ifihearam:

Let me educate your ignorance my dear boy,Turai was never in the helm of affairs rather it was the likes of James Ibori and saraki who was using her to achieve their objectives,yes his excellency was kept in the dark during and after the demise of his late boss but when it was THEN and THEN alone,he was consulted and he too back the baton of leadership. Where is turai today? Where is james today? Do you know tht saraki begged his arze off before his excellency forgave him. Please don't ever take the gentility of a tiger for cowardice,GEJ can be slow in decision making but never a fool. Take note

Listen, do I sound like Im asking you to tell me beer palor tales or do I sound like Im speaking authoritatively? Saraki ko, Truaki ni.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by tunjiajayi: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2013
State pardon, then state award abi? Gton! Grand thief of nigeria
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by subnormal: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2013
BlueMurder: GEJ has by this ignoble action, formally endorsed corruption in Nigeria. Just when you think he could do no worse.... He has also rendered EFCC, ICPC & CCB totally useless.

I couldn't agree more... well said
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by sweetgala(m): 10:39am On Mar 13, 2013
wirinet:

If it wasn't GEJ that unilaterally granted them (Alams) state pardon, then who nominated them? What criteria was used for the nominations. How was the decision to grant state pardon arrived at? Was it by vote or was each name read out and the Ayes has it under a voice vote.

When you say members of the council of state, who were the members present? Was OBJ there to agree to pardon Alams? Was Buhari there? What of IBB and abdulsalami?

To me the pardoning of Alams was basically a unilateral decision by GEJ, under the cover of council of state.

So what of Tafa Balogun and Cecilia Ibru, are they not eligible for pardon also as their cases is very similar to that of Alams.

Thank you ooh, and some stupid goat here doesn't want to hear ram.
It is very obvious GEJ initiated this meeting for the sole purpose of sponsoring the pardon of Alams. He obviously ordered the inclusion of Alams on that list even if he knows nothing of the others.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by BeraBera(f): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2013
take dat: GEJ keeps taking cluelessness to brazen new levels of astonishment. A corruption-friendly president celebrating criminals! Fresh Air
This was not a decision taken by GEJ alone, it was a decision of the Council of State, made up of even you "corruption-free" past presidents and state governors. Even the title of this threads misleading. It is not FG that pardoned them, but rather the council of state
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by BeraBera(f): 10:49am On Mar 13, 2013
Wale Leemson: I am disappointed in GEJ. he is encouraging corruption. God save Nigeria
What about the state governors and past presidents present at the meeting? And for those that chose not to attend the meeting, that was a great opportunity for them to have stood their grounds against the state pardon. For the fact that they are members of the council of state, that decision is binding on all of them, whether they attended or not. It wasn't an all-Jonathan affair.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:50am On Mar 13, 2013
The ultimate evidence of GEJ's useless and clueless leadership.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by BashMe1(m): 11:03am On Mar 13, 2013
BeraBera:
This was not a decision taken by GEJ alone, it was a decision of the Council of State, made up of even you "corruption-free" past presidents and state governors. Even the title of this threads misleading. It is not FG that pardoned them, but rather the council of state

Sorry to say dis but i fink u shud shut dat trap. So because he didnt make it all alone does dat now mean dat he shud allow his name and public trust to be dragged in d mud d way he they did now? I thought he claimed he was a lecturer, hw come he can't differentiate bad from good?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Afolabs101: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2013
Diezani and Dickson better watch out, cause the Governor general is probably gonna be gunning for them. He can take over from Diezani in the Petroleum Ministry until 2015 when Dickson will politely be asked to step down
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Demdem(m): 11:13am On Mar 13, 2013
Bash Me:

Sorry to say dis but i fink u shud shut dat trap. So because he didnt make it all alone does dat now mean dat he shud allow his name and public trust to be dragged in d mud d way he they did now? I thought he claimed he was a lecturer, hw come he can't differentiate bad from good?

Don't be deceived by these fools talking rubbish. The retardeen and his govt brought up the agenda to be delibrated and not the members. Of council.
The daft president conceived it, loved it and brought it up for adoption. Besides its on record that during his time, it happened.
Am not surprise at all. It's simply the same continuation of padi padi govt he epitomised when he was governor of bayelsa.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 13, 2013
Does the phrase I TOLD YOU SO, ever makes any sense to GEJ 2015 supporters?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by BashMe1(m): 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Demdem:

Don't be deceived by these fools talking rubbish. The retardeen and his govt brought up the agenda to be delibrated and not the members. Of council.
The daft president conceived it, loved it and brought it up for adoption. Besides its on record that during his time, it happened.
Am not surprise at all. It's simply the same continuation of padi padi govt he epitomised when he was governor of bayelsa.

I can't agree more, dat mumu babe was jes saying nonsense. i feel it is only BUHARI dat can clean up dis mess truly, cos there's no new person dat will take over today dat won't be influenced by des corrupt leaders. was dat not d same way d so called retard-Jonathan came dat ppl started saying he's new and cud turn d table around 4 gud... what has he now done since he assumed office? thank God i gave Buhari d support and will still continue doing dat

3 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ifihearam: 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
Bash Me:

I can't agree more, dat mumu babe was jes saying nonsense. i feel it is only BUHARI dat can clean up dis mess truly, cos there's no new person dat will take over today dat won't be influenced by des corrupt leaders. was dat not d same way d so called retard-Jonathan came dat ppl started saying he's new and cud turn d table around 4 gud... what has he now done since he assumed office? thank God i gave Buhari d support and will still continue doing dat

Buhari my arssse
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Cabsso(m): 4:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
Wen r dy goin 2pardon AL-MUSTAPHA
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by nep2ra(m): 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
After reading from more than three different sources, the news regarding this issue, I felt so sick to my stomach. As I type, nausea engulfs me and I'm only willing myself not to throw up. What manner of a banana republic is Nigeria?

May those wicked political office holders who hold millions of Nigerians to ransom while subjecting them to hardship and poverty never enjoy the light of Life. May they suffer the worst kind of ailments known in the history of man. May the supporters of such wicked people never know peace. May their thirst never be quenched.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Soldiers In High Spirits After Recapture Of Boko Haram Enclave In Sambisa.Photos / Governorship Primaries: APC Leaders Threaten Revolt Against Tinubu Over Ambode / Buhari And Olu Jacobs: Same Dementia, Different Narratives - Farooq Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.