Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (31849 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Jonathan, Alamieyeseigha, Others To Attend Dickson’s Declaration / Alamieyeseigha, Others To Get State Pardon Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by FreeGlobe(f): 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
Gross
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by abbakacici: 7:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
I wish to congratulate the Govnor General of the Ijaw Nation for his Long delayed Pardon,while praying that he is not given the GCON award next year,or elected to the Senate In 2015,i hope the same previlege is extended to Maina if and when he is found.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by preciousoz: 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
They should pardon Bode George, Anini, monday Osumbor, Osisikankwu, abu kaka , Abu ronaldo and all the Boko boys...add national honour on top Mtcheeew

My president will never Learn. cry
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Truckpusher: smh
That dude is a lost cause

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Tolexander: Alamieshegha is the main target! All other guys were just lucky to be auxiliary.
very true, until protocol corrected Jonathan, he would forbid Dsp from standing up when he entered a room until Dsp told him he is now the boss and it was ok for him to stand.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by talk2s(m): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Reference:

I would have rejected it instantly and accused the promoters of trying to bring my government into disrepute.

I mean. How much political capital is this man bringing into your treasury to warrant such depreciation. Except as I suspect it may all be down to good old blackmail.

Almost excllently said, except...
But come to think of it, to what extent can the age-long global maxim 'talk is cheap' be held in reliance?
Also is the saying 'it is easier said than done' anything to go by?
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ayanfeeledumare: 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Why would ALAMS be pardon. Bode George, Al-Mustafa, Cecilia Ibru, Akingbola and those convicted by a competent law court should be pardoned too. ....lol. I am not surprised. GEJ is JEG.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by MAYOWAAK: 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
I received with nostalgia and disbelieve the news of grant of pardon to Mr. Diepriye Alamaseigha among some other Nigerians Including some that are dead by President Goodluck Jonathan. I wish to condemn said pardon to Alamaseigha and the tactics of Mr. President in using some living and dead notable Nigerians as a cover up and camouflage to grant someone that he once described as his "godfather" and "benefactor" an undeserved pardon.

Nigerians will recall that while others in the list were sentenced and jailed by Military Tribunal where rule of law was not observed for offences that were alleged to be a "set up", Alamaisiegha was convicted for clear case of corruption by a competent court of Law where he had the opportunity to defend himself through 6 Senior Advocates of Nigeria.

The action of Mr. President in granting pardon to his godfather, mentor and benefactor is not propelled by nationalism or good conscience but ethnic parochialism and jingoism, hence the absence of a name like Tafa Balogun, the former Police IG and a fellow corruption convict like the "Generalizimo of Ijaw Nation" from that list. This phantom pardon has further demonstrated that President Jonathan is only paying leap service to the issue of fighting corruption in Nigeria and should not be taken serious henceforth. In this era when it is very difficult to put on trial and convict anyone for corruption due to the cumbersomeness of our legal system, it is very unfortunate that our President who made fighting of corruption as part of his campaign manifestos has committed "official jail break" by this singular act of pardon to a man convicted of stealing Bayelsa State dry! It is a calculated step
of clearing way for President's God father to go to the Senate in 2015.

Let it be known to the whole world that Council of State have no power to grant pardon but it is the exclusive power of the President to be done with (mere) consultation with the Council of State under Section 175(1-3) of the 1999 Constitution as amended in 2011 and that was exactly what happened this afternoon. This is definitely not from Council of State but a sole action of Mr. President with mere consultation with Council of State as the Council made up of Nigerians of high integrity would not have granted this kind of pardon ordinarily and simpliciter!

Let us all rise up to defend our country as we have no other place to go. Let us condemn this pardon of Alamaisiegha in totality. We must put an end to corruption now!

3 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Afam4eva(m): 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Tolexander: Alamieshegha is the main target! All other guys were just lucky to be auxiliary.
My thoughts exactly.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by santanovva(m): 7:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Our darling President gave a 'go and sin more more' opportunity to his former thieving boss DSP Alams..now, is it still not clear to you 'I voted for GEJ and not PDP' singers that we have an Alibaba in our treasure store and a crook at the helms of our country's affair?its all over, up PDP!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by lacasa: 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
FRESH AIR!!!
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by EkoIle1: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
talk2s:

Thanku for only attempting to abuse me.
But were u GEJ,what would have been your stand?

Why abuse you? You are doing a great job abusing yourself with the ridiculous and corrupt question you keep asking all over the place and the answer to your question is CAPITAL NO.

The fact that you can not tell the difference between right and wrong doesn't mean the rest of us can't also.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by yokiti: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
when will Nigerian government grant Osama Bin Laden state pardon?

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by kkkp: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Alams was pardon or will b pardon is that he will be comin out for governorship or senatorial seat by 2015..so make una knw nw b4 dat tym reach
ayanfeeledumare: Why would ALAMS be pardon. Bode George, Al-Mustafa, Cecilia Ibru, Akingbola and those convicted by a competent law court should be pardoned too. ....lol. I am not surprised. GEJ is JEG.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Inik(m): 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
This is a wrong move by the fg, Alamieyeseigha is a common thief and has done nothing to deserve a pardon.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ceejay80s(m): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
All na plan work, dem dey use us for naija, we be like ashewo for dem face

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by jentlsoul: 8:06pm On Mar 12, 2013
But why mr jorna? Reason B4 act u dey fall our hand
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by hatak(m): 8:07pm On Mar 12, 2013
the stage is now set for DSP to context in the next senate election and become the senate leader.
Monimatic: Breaking News: Council Of State Grants Diya,Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha Pardon

Former Chief of General Staff, Oladipo Diya and Former Chief of Staff Supremem Military Concil, and brother of the late President, Major General Shehu Musa Yar'adua received a State Pardon from the National Council of State, this afternoon, a source who attended the meeting has revealed to NaijaPundit.

Also pardoned were ex-Major Bello Magaji NA/6604, Mohammed Lima Biu, Shettima Bulama, Former Governor of Bayelsa State, Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, Major Geeneral Abdulkareem Adisa (Post Humous) and Major Segun Fadipe.

Our source revealed to us that the Council of State, which is comprised of the President, Vice President, all state governors, former Presidents, the Chief Justice of the Federation, the Senate President and Speaker, amongst others, unanimously approved the list of those pardoned today.

The Council of State meeting however was not without its drama as another list which had names of hose awaiting trial was smuggled in for discussion. The Council however rejected the list and asked that it be sent back to the duo of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation and the Minister of the Interior.

Sources told us that the unjust trial and conviction of Diya and Yar'adua was the basis of their pardon while Alamieyeseigha was considered because apart from serving his sentence he has devoted his life to travelling amongst Niger Delta communities facilitating the peace.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/breaking-news-council-of-state-grants-diya-bulama-yar-adua-pardon
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Inik(m): 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
By the way this is a collective decision of the council of state, we should stop making it look like it was a sole proclamation by Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by ceejay80s(m): 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
They should also pardon shina rambo, anini and rev. king,sani abacha, this country needs CIVIL WAR

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by modicum: 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2013
Now that Alams has been granted a 'state pardon', then I will personally start a petition requesting Oshiomole to rename Edo govt house after Anini!

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by laprem90: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2013
This just shows us the kind of government we have, very insensitive and selfish. It was mainly because of Alamaseigha. The man that brought shame and ridicule to this nation got presidential pardon, this act is a ridicule on its own. This is very shameful, I expect social critics to rise up against this.

1 Like

Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by jentlsoul: 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2013
Inik: By the way this is a collective decision of the council of state, we should stop making it look like it was a sole proclamation by Goodluck
Stop saying nonsense
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by manmade(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
For christ sake , Gej is not the only one that took dis decision it was done by the council of state which Gej is just a member with just one vote and if it is the wish of the majority of the council members to pardon anyone Gej shldn't and can't be blame for it besides most of the people pardoned have been convicted and they've served their jail terms and in some of the cases the stipulated 10 years provided by the constitution after which they could vie for any political post has lapse, what more than to allow the wishes of the majority to stand in the spirit of democracy.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by Afam4evaIsASlut: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
in me: Go and sin no more

Meaning: "Next time, try not to get caught" *wink*
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by jentlsoul: 8:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
Is Nigeria a country? Chei no I don't believe
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by dangaye: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2013
What remains now is to return Alams confiscated assets to him to allow him enjoy his loot more freely. What a country!!
Carefully GEJ history is recording all what your administration is doing.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by deandavid(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2013
No he should pardon rev king too.
Re: FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
Lets follow up with a presidential apology to Alams

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident / I Am Returning Soon To Continue Project Of Fixing Nigeria - Buhari / EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.