Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter (31822 Views)

EYP Congratulates Oyebode, Encourages Fayemi To Appoints More Youth / Fayemi To Get Certificate Of Return On Wednesday / Ekiti Guber: Okada Riders Get Free Fuel From Fayemi, To Convey Passengers Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by aminulive: 10:56am On Mar 14, 2020
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Following the sanction of sixteen monarchs by the Ekiti state government, Governor Kayode Fayemi has called for a meeting with major stakeholders, POLITICS NIGERIA can authoritatively report.

The meeting, which was scheduled for Monday, will be attended by group leaders and paramount Yoruba rulers including the Ooni of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi Enitan, representatives of the Afenifere group and the embattled Ekiti monarchs.

POLITICS NIGERIA earlier reported how Mr Fayemi issued a query to the monarchs over their absence at a meeting of the Council of Obas and Chiefs.

Also, this paper reported the intervention of Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, who wrote Mr Fayemi, advising that he tread softly and treat the traditional institutions with respect.

The foremost traditional ruler, who wrote on behalf of other royal fathers in Yoruba Land, condemned the composition of Council of Obas and Chiefs in the state.

“Your Excellency’s neglect of the hierarchical order by appointing a subordinate Oba as the Chairman of the Council of Obas and Chiefs in the State over and above the recognized order It was therefore with total displeasure and indeed total discomfort that we learnt of,” a copy of the letter obtained by POLITICS NIGERIA read.

It should be noted that the composition of the council has been contested in court by the aggrieved monarchs. Alaafin also urged Mr Fayemi to await the court’s verdict before taking any action.

Meanwhile, when our correspondent reached out to the spokesperson of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, he announced that a meeting between the state government and the traditional rulers will hold on Monday and promised to make the stance of the socio-cultural group known after the meeting.

“When I spoke with the Governor yesterday, he told me that there would be a meeting of the traditional rulers on Monday. We will release our stance after the meeting,” He told this newspaper on Saturday.

Nevertheless, the spokesperson of Mr Fayemi, Yinka Oyebode, declined comments when POLITICS NIGERIA requested his reactions to the letter on Saturday morning.

“I cannot comment on a social media letter. From my knowledge of administration, if a letter is written to the Governor or Presidency, it is delivered to the registrar and the submitted to the appropriate quarters.”

When asked if the letter is not original or yet to be received by the Governor, he responded; “I’m not saying it is fake but I prefer seeing the hardcopy of the letter. Moreover, I don’t think I want to talk about the matter since it is in court.”
https://politicsnigeria.com/exclusive-fayemi-to-convene-meeting-over-clash-with-ekiti-monarchs/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by iammo(m): 11:06am On Mar 14, 2020
Fayemi /Elrufai ticket is a joke taken too far... since Onii and Alafin intervened and cautioned him he is now calling for meeting and taking back his sanction

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by TheFreeOne: 11:34am On Mar 14, 2020
Good development.

He shouldn't walk the path of Gandollar the corrupt master of Babaringa banking.

Yorubas respects culture, elders and our traditions.

And kudos to Alaafin and Yoruba Obas that mediated in the matter.

Proudly Yoruba.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by Lawgod247: 11:40am On Mar 14, 2020
It is a good thing he paid heed to wise counsel. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUML, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. What Ganduje did is not worthy of emulation.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by lyriclekidd(m): 11:42am On Mar 14, 2020
Mumu man

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2020
There is a difference between power and power, power can empower a power or power a.... What am I even saying, sorry oo grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by YorubaKinging: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2020
The Yoruba royal Kings will soon be relinquished of thier titles
Since they don't acknowledge the king of Kings
But make thier subjects serve idols
And make them to sin against Almighty God
The Lord will punish all Yoruba Kings very soon

That's how all the Kings of Judah from Solomon to zedekiah always worship idols
And your God, the God of isreal hates idol
Yet till today the Kings of Judah worships idols

Only God judgement can clean the cities of Judah from idol worshippers

9And the LORD said unto me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem. 10They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers. 11Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them. 12Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: but they shall not save them at all in the time of their trouble. 13For according to the number of thy cities were thy gods, O Judah; and according to the number of the streets of Jerusalem have ye set up altars to that shameful thing, even altars to burn incense unto Baal.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by GeneralPula: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2020
Make Fayemi no fumble sha..

Them no Dey tell person..

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by Ustec: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2020
This is clearly becoming a 2023 move,
seems the genius APC national leader is setting a new formula for 2023.
PDP yaff suffer for jagaban hand too much.

3 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by Woleett: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2020
This one just wants to eat grass by force sha grin. Better just do your 4years and leave in peace don't let power get to your head like aboki gandollar. The elders have warned you ooo

6 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by meum: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2020
Ok
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by isram: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2020
Respect yourself or the gods will visit you

This is not kano that dont have tradition or spiritual backing

6 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by SoftP(m): 11:45am On Mar 14, 2020
Q
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by ChaseVibes(m): 11:46am On Mar 14, 2020
Not bad
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by Triangles1(m): 11:46am On Mar 14, 2020
Omode komo ogun onpe lefo, all this bcs of presidential ambition.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by ekestic1976(f): 11:47am On Mar 14, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The Yoruba royal Kings will soon be relinquished of thier titles
Since they don't acknowledge the king of Kings
But make thier subjects serve idols
And make them to sin against Almighty God
The Lord will punish all Yoruba Kings very soon

This is the reason your life remains stationary thus far. You look the Custodians of our culture in the face and you uttered this nonsense? You need purification of mind, soul and body to survive this!

17 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by Thegoodone13(m): 11:47am On Mar 14, 2020
H
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by helinues: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2020
Ordinary Amotekun, Fayemi no fit organize, na 16 Obas he wan sack...

2 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by gcon21: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2020
Fayemi should respeçt the traditional institution

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2020
iammo:
Fayemi /Elrufai ticket is a joke taken too far... since Onii and Alafin intervened and cautioned him he is now calling for meeting and taking back his sanction
why is it a joke taken too far? If Fayemi strength and jostling fit do am. Let him please

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by mamaafrik(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2020
Fayemi won't want to end up like Bode Thomas,ogbeni mi ya calm down
My people and my culture,you cant say" wtf" to our tradition and culture except you wan kee yaself.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by atobs4real(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2020
Don't copy Guanduje ooo. Na them sabi pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by free2ryhme: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2020
aminulive:

https://politicsnigeria.com/exclusive-fayemi-to-convene-meeting-over-clash-with-ekiti-monarchs/

A copy of the letter attached

Please read slowly: article 14

"We have mechanisms of conflict resolution in ways of our ancestors".

This part here is the entire letter....abò òrò la nsò fun òmòluabi.....

12 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by crowniran(m): 11:50am On Mar 14, 2020
Oba o

Make money from freelancing too
Check my signature
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by free2ryhme: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2020
aminulive:

The summary of the letter from Alafin Oyo to ekiti state governor kayode fayemi is 'Don't even try what Governor Umar Ganduje did to Sanusi, Yorubaland is not Kano' �

The threat is subtle but the message is clear.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by MorataFC: 11:51am On Mar 14, 2020
Good
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by esky158(m): 11:51am On Mar 14, 2020
alaafin u make min na u there go jnpitch next just mind ur business
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter by DropsMic(m): 11:52am On Mar 14, 2020
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari And Olu Jacobs: Same Dementia, Different Narratives - Farooq Kperogi / Bandits Lock Down Kaduna-Zaria Road, Kidnap Travellers, Many Feared Dead / Pictures From Tinubu Support Summit At Abuja International Conference Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.