Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (55752 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by hepheyemmy(m): 11:49am On Mar 13, 2013
bukatyne: This thread is really heated!

As for those quoting Deut 22:5, Remember that it also talks about mixing cropping, mixing materials (e.g 10% polyesther and 90% cotton) a la suits, coats etc and building a house with balcony. Remember that Moses was also warned against building steps to the altar i.e. raising the altar above ground floor. Let's not be selective in quoting or misquote to prove our points. The Bible also told us to obey all authorities as far as they don't outrightly ask us to sin. Apostle Paul knew circumcision is not compulsory and yet, he circumcised Timothy to please the jews. He shaved his hair during a vow even when he knew that those things don't draw one closer to God. Jesus knew the govt was corrupt but still paid taxes. He encouraged the Jews to serve the Romans who enslaved them. When apostle Peter was imprisoned for his faith, the christians gathered and prayed till he was released. They didn't riot or protest or decide to disobey the authorities till they release Peter. They prayed.

The officials were wrong in decamping her by 11:00pm (if they truly did because lights out is 10:00pm)

Our beloved sister knew that the NYSC regalia is trousers and would have abstained if trousers was against her faith. It's like a christian going to a night club and protesting against alcohol and s.ex afteral, there is 'freedom of expression of religion '. There is a difference between faith and rebellion. Faith is her believing she wouldn't do NYSC and still land a fantastic job. Faith is NYSC certificate would be waived for her after an interview. Rebellion is knowing the rule of a institution is against your beliefs and you still join with the intent of disobeying that rule.

I am very sure that the NYSC uniform was designed when it was rare for women to wear trousers in Nigeria so it's obvious it is not for fashion or 'trying to go against people's religion'. She would not even be able to participate in most activities of camp which itself is the sin of disobedience.

We are 'free' to worship as we like in Nigeria but MUST obey the rules of every institution we decide to join. A 14yr old has the 'freedom' to sleep at anytime but such a child would be punished if he/she is caught sleeping in class or hostel during school/activity hours and would be punished if he/she is caught awake or prowling during sleep hours. It's also like a christian going to the mosque and protesting she doesn't to wear hijab even though it's against the policy of the mosque (an institution) to leave your hair open. Afteral, she has the freedom to open her hair in Nigeria.

Christianity is a way of life and not a religion. Would a Christian refuse to wear hijab if she goes to Saudi? Does the hijab negate her salvation?

For muslims and christians wondering why christians are not 'supporting' her, The Bible is against rebellion. It is as the sin of witchcraft.

P.S.: I don't wear trousers.

wow! you really touch my heart with ur write up, you have said it all. more grease to ur elbow.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Austinio: 11:50am On Mar 13, 2013
anitank: so wearing Khaki will now make her go to hell fire?

people just take this religion issue to the extreme sometimes

so all of US that wore trousers in camp and still wearing it for CDS are now sharing fence with the devil?? grin grin grin
. Ask her o nd she 4got dt d bible said obedient is better than sacrifice.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by nokingasgod: 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Romans 13:1-7 ESV / 203 helpful votes
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ...

Hebrews 13:17 ESV / 166 helpful votes
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

Titus 3:1 ESV / 115 helpful votes
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,

Romans 13:1 ESV / 86 helpful votes
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.

1 Peter 5:5 ESV / 56 helpful votes
Likewise, you who are younger, be subject to the elders. Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

1 Peter 2:13-25 ESV / 52 helpful votes
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. ...

1 Peter 2:13 ESV / 37 helpful votes
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme,

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by letsrhym: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
Trash
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by sherif4owo(m): 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
pgiddy: Although I don't quite agree with her ideology, she knew wat she wass going to expect in Camp. But my ish is dat there is a reverend catholic sister in dis same Ogun camp where I am presently in shagamu for my 3wks batch A Orientation, diss Sister never whrs even d white-white we do wear, nt to talk of khaki, she is always on her bluue catholic gown evvrytime even on parade ground. So I tink there is a disparity here,dis is a vry big issue.

this means, u should know and understand the right man to mess with. There coordinators are different, what will be accepted @ a camp here may not be accepted by the coordinator there. The corpa in question is probably messing with the wrong guy.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Odunnu: 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
I cannot believe most of us are condemning this girl.
That wizard who chased her out at such an ungodly hour should be jailed. WTH!

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by SwitAyi(f): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: so when they wear hijabs, do they pull of there trousers? What's your point exactly?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by nnachichi(f): 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
crackhouse: yeah, there is but i have forgotten the quotation. It says woman should not wear things meant for men and vice versa.
Deuteronomy 22:5
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
I've said this before and I'll keep saying it:

For those folks quoting bible verses and engaging in fruitless arguments..

Hold on to your faith and what you believe...

If you believe in skirt only, wear it; if yours is trousers and skirts, keep it up; and even if you decide not to wear a skirt at all; I say put it on.. If walking unclad is your believe, oh nice..go ahead!

The only set time to know the rights and the wrongs is that hour when "its too late to change what you believe" grin

Lets keep watching... and waiting for that time...
grin

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by busayordench(m): 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
anitank:
what sort of yeye faith is that? Wasn't she aware of the kind of outfit they wear in camp before she agreed to go for NYSC?
why didn't she save herself the stress by collecting exemption letter?

On point
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ajila03(m): 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
Of what benefit is NYSC?Why won't. her faith be respected.Is NYSC all about wearing troussers. Does educaion comes before your faith?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by neksummi(m): 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
The girl isn't serious. I think all she wanted is the attention she's going to get. At least today people like me are reading about her.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by jummy05: 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
emmatok: But Muslims women wears Hijab in Camp

mumu,what has hijab gotten to do with that issue? he has the right to opt for skirt.chikena
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by rawsh247(m): 12:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
alpha conde: ABEOKUTA – Reactions have started trailing the decamping of
2013 Batch A, female corps member, Ms Tolu Ekundayo, by the
National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Ogun State for wearing skirt
at the Shagamu orientation camp.
In a press conference organised by Ekundayo’s church, Faith Revival
Apostolic Church, FRAC, in Lagos, the expelled corps member said
she was asked to leave the camp at about 11.00pm on March 8,
2013 by the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, for her refusal to
put on trousers.
She explained that her refusal to wear trousers was not in
disobedience to NYSC authorities but in line with her belief and faith
in God.
Also speaking, Apostle Paul Adenuga condemned the manner in which
Ekundayo was expelled from the camp in the dead of the night
without considering her safety and called on the Director-General
of NYSC and the federal government to look into the matter
before it gets out of hand.
“I call on Nigerians, mostly Christians that stand for the truth, not
only to jointly condemn this barbaric and bestial act but to engage in
constructive dialogue with the concerned authority for the change
of such policy if it is official.”

religious clowns..
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Mekanze: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
anitank: so wearing Khaki will now make her go to hell fire?

people just take this religion issue to the extreme sometimes

so all of US that wore trousers in camp and still wearing it for CDS are now sharing fence with the devil?? grin grin grin
Yes, u better repent and turn to Christ.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by bukatyne(f): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mekanze: Yes, u better repent and turn to Christ.

Repent from what?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by hepheyemmy(m): 1:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
ajila03: Of what benefit is NYSC?Why won't. her faith be respected.Is NYSC all about wearing troussers. Does educaion comes before your faith?

then she should not av bother to go to school in the for instance.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by TechyGuy: 1:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
almajiri101: where in the north ? Did you mean they dress like that to parade ground or on sundays. No one is allowed to dress like that from mon to sat. Bros that's a big lie.

Why are you like this? Its pathetic the way you argue. Why are you arguing with someone telling of an experience when you were not there?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by penzino(m): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mumu girl
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by kinguwem: 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
berem: They are all sinners and will go to Hellfire for wearing trousers. grin
She shouldn't bother about NYSC dischage certificate since it is a worldly certificate. Hippocrate!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by dodo77: 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
FEMALE MUSLIMS WEAR LONG HIJAB IN CAMP AND NO BODY QUESTIONS THEM. IF THE ISSUE IS ALL ABOUT BEING SMART AND ABLE TO DO THE EXERCISES, THEN I THINK THE LAW SHOULD CUT ACROSS ALL. GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WILL BE COMFORTABLE ON. THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THEY DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD TO DO AND THEY DO IT WELL. HOW IT IS DONE OR WHAT THEY WEAR WHILE DOING IT SHOULD NOT BE ANYBODY'S BUSINESS.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
deols: I am ashamed for all d christians against this lady. You all are d real hypocrites. Smh

You are against decency? Unbelievable
You and the two people that liked your post are the real hypocrites? So wearing trousers equates to indecency, right? unbelievable. I'm ashamed of your thought process.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
deols:

Who cares?

Cant the rule or law be changed?

Some people never grow or develop in real life because of always accepting status quo. No. I challenge status quo all the time and get away with it.

I await anyone who wouldnt allow me serve my motherland because of one silly trousers.
The status quo can be challenged when it affects the mindset of everyone, the status quo can be challenged collectively. But as an individual, you can't just get up and challenge the rules that every other person has no qualms with. That in itself is selfishness. Go figure.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by usoeva: 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
At times, we draw unecesary attentn 2 awa sefzzz. Every wears trousers, right frm d beging,why must hers b diff? I doubt if she was forced out of camp dat tym,,though she may b decamp @ dat tym,bt nt to live at dat hr. We shud tell ourselves d truth, abeg... D pastor is callng on xtianz 2 fight, fight 4 wat? If i may ask since d gal n d pastor r aware of d NYSC Acts, why tempot urself?... BokoHaram fight we neva finish, u de call for anoda, r u a LEARNERam a xtian, bt i dnt like dis story...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by dammytosh: 1:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
That is what you get when we have hijabs in camps.

The rule should have been simple. "Wear NYSC outfit or don't bother serving. "

If your religion will not allow you serve, collect exemption letter on religious ground. Whatever happens to your career in the future, Best of luck.

Don't bend rules for a religion and cry foul for another religion. No religion has monopoly of violence.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Does your church/mosque act on the tenets or traditions of your state of origin? I don't think so. In that same light, the NYSC acts independent of anyone's religion. That is why there is separation of religion and state. While we are free to practice religion freely, we cannot use it to break the law and still expect to get away with it.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by greatdave(m): 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Chrichigo: Mehn!.....dis is lack of ignorance....why didnt Jesus refused to obey d laws of land wen he was on earth......is beta u reason b4 u act..
Lack of Ignorance? Why didnt Jesus REFUSED? Nna ehn...E ge gbu madu nèbä o!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by goshen26: 2:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
alpha conde: ABEOKUTA – Reactions have started trailing the decamping of
2013 Batch A, female corps member, Ms Tolu Ekundayo, by the
National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Ogun State for wearing skirt
at the Shagamu orientation camp.
In a press conference organised by Ekundayo’s church, Faith Revival
Apostolic Church, FRAC, in Lagos, the expelled corps member said
she was asked to leave the camp at about 11.00pm on March 8,
2013 by the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, for her refusal to
put on trousers.
She explained that her refusal to wear trousers was not in
disobedience to NYSC authorities but in line with her belief and faith
in God.
Also speaking, Apostle Paul Adenuga condemned the manner in which
Ekundayo was expelled from the camp in the dead of the night
without considering her safety and called on the Director-General
of NYSC and the federal government to look into the matter
before it gets out of hand.
“I call on Nigerians, mostly Christians that stand for the truth, not
only to jointly condemn this barbaric and bestial act but to engage in
constructive dialogue with the concerned authority for the change
of such policy if it is official.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/church-condemns-sack-of-corps-member-over-refusal-to-wear-trousers/

abeg, this is not an issue to waste on, if you must go to rome, prepare to behave like romans. I also attend church where ladies are not allowed to put on trouser, but i believe NYSC wants to protect ladies expected-covered -part from being exposed during the of exercise they embark-on at the camp. So, not willing to use it, is not it at all
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by greatdave(m): 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
Its like joining d army and being placed in the frontline during a war nd refusing to shoot cuz its against ur 'faith'.....Thou Shalt Die lyk a FawuuuL!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by lamdec(f): 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
I am currently serving in Ogun State and it was her Dad that insisted that she should leave camp, the camp director told her dad that she would be decamped if she steps out of the camp and the dad agreed. It was even the dad that camp to carry her.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
It is just for three weeks when you are issued the uniform you can adjust the trouser such that your curves are not revealing while wearing it.l know for a fact that some of the ladies who wear thetrouser in camp dont actually wear trouser outside on any day she should take cue from some of the married women on camp haba

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Edo Corper, Gbadamosi OluwaMayowa, Arrested For Sleeping With His Student / Fake Corper Arrested At Akwa Ibom NYSC Orientation Camp By Police (Photos) / See What A Nairalander Did When He Collected His NYSC Discharge Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.