Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (55691 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by kelvegaz: 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
not enough reason to throw her out that late[imagine 11pm] angrynot enough reason to throw her out that late[imagine 11pm]
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by cyril83(m): 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
sureteeboy: some of you don't know what you are writing. It's a great pity billions of people are going to hell. Who told you wearing a trouser is allowed in christianity. Deut 22:5 says " A WOMAN SHALL NOT WEAR THAT WHICH PERTAINETH UNTO A MAN...... .
It's a great pity this country is in what it is by just copying a nation controlled by devil (USA) .do you obey God or the government?
Depends. Women with great butts who wear skinny jeans are like kittens. They never go to hell. God hath created some seriously epic derrieres. I feel closer to the lord everytime I see one.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by point5: 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Odennnnni
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Oahray: Abeg you guys should cut all the crap talk about hypocrisy. Decamping a corper (female for that matter) at 11pm? Make una reason am na. Did she commit a crime? Did she disrupt the peace? She disobeyed, true. She is a religious fanatic, so?

Silly soldiers that let robbers attack NYSC camps. If na to harrass corpers, e no dey hard dem.

The co-ordinator is stewpid and wicked! The peeps supporting her expulsion at 11pm are insensitive!

Truth is, they'll rather argue about her beliefs and all than think of the risk she was exposed to by being out that late hour....
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Dogzimalon: I have been reading all the insullts you guys are raining on her but you guys saw the masquerade that the northerners put on and nothing is said about that . So if it happens in the north it will be religion but if it happens else where you guys will open ure mouth and say rubbish
Who are the so called''masquerades''?Well just like u,80% of Christains are hypocrites.So,why not attack ur fellow christain hypocrites and leave the north and their '''masquerades' outta this.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by angelajuni(f): 12:01am On Mar 13, 2013
alpha conde: ABEOKUTA – Reactions have started trailing the decamping of
2013 Batch A, female corps member, Ms Tolu Ekundayo, by the
National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Ogun State for wearing skirt
at the Shagamu orientation camp.
In a press conference organised by Ekundayo’s church, Faith Revival
Apostolic Church, FRAC, in Lagos, the expelled corps member said
she was asked to leave the camp at about 11.00pm on March 8,
2013 by the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, for her refusal to
put on trousers.
She explained that her refusal to wear trousers was not in
disobedience to NYSC authorities but in line with her belief and faith
in God.
Also speaking, Apostle Paul Adenuga condemned the manner in which
Ekundayo was expelled from the camp in the dead of the night
without considering her safety and called on the Director-General
of NYSC and the federal government to look into the matter
before it gets out of hand.
“I call on Nigerians, mostly Christians that stand for the truth, not
only to jointly condemn this barbaric and bestial act but to engage in
constructive dialogue with the concerned authority for the change
of such policy if it is official.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/church-condemns-sack-of-corps-member-over-refusal-to-wear-trousers/

very true story,the said corper is(was) in my platoon and i was there the minute she was caught. The ass. Platoon inspector askd her if she didnt read the brief rules at the bck of her callup lettr,she said she did then askd her if has also gotten a copy of her the nysc bye-law she said yes. And he said if she didnt want to obey the rules then why did she opt to be part of the nysc.sincerely i thought she wld comply but in the morning on saturday while rehearsing 4 our platoon c/dance the platoon inspt. Js chipd it in that the girl has been decampd,i was rily surprisd buh i blame her for it all. The ogun state camp officials(even the army personnel) are some the best public officials i have met so am sure they wld av tried their best to protect her bt am sure she foolishly insistd.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 13, 2013
Sisom: it is good to serve the lord but the bible also said give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser. in other words when in rome behave like the romans
..Its really a shame that 80% of christains are nothing but a hypocrites.How can a reasonable person quote''give unto ceaser what belongs to ceasar'' or the ''rome'' rubish in this kind of situation?What if ''ceaser'' or ''rome''in this sense was a junkie,lesbian,gay,cultist,alcoholic to mention a few..would u have said the same?If that is the case,then let us stop accusing President GEJ of any wrong doing cos he is only giving ceaser what belongs to ceaser or acting like a roman since he is now in rome just like his predicesors did..
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Cleverley(m): 12:03am On Mar 13, 2013
Having read many comments, it baffled me to know that nigerians are so insultive, unrealistic and arrongant in wordings. She failed to understand that the Nysc core word is disciplin, bt that does nt give anybody the right to insult her and condem her faith. Imagine decamping her by 11pm!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by safarigirl(f): 12:05am On Mar 13, 2013
Why infringe on her 'rights'? Make dem leave her, by the time she has to do the tight-rope walk, shebi she will climb a ladder and be high up, then everyone can see what's underneath.

Foolish girl! NYSC has been there wayyy before her father even sabi wetin woman be and it's been the same, na she wan come form activist pass....sister you're on your own, ask your pastor, even his sister wore trousers for her own camp, various female Pastors wore trouser, no be only you.

If you check now, she's either a graduate of polytechnic or studied one mumu course like Guidance and Counseling

5 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by jewelzizi(f): 12:06am On Mar 13, 2013
grin shocked
1. Is she d first to serve in her church? Maybe she shuld hav asked d pple in her church hu hav served how dey scaled tru!
2. God expects his children to be obedient to rules nd regulations,"wen u go to rome behave like d romans"
Everybody has a religion nd belief bt she has taken hers too far!I dnt see a prob wit trouser bt if her belief is against it,she shuld hav also considered dat Its a uniform not a way of life!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 13, 2013
but in d bible dere ar men gowns n women gowns, men skirts n women skirts jst as in dis era, men trousers n women trousers wit different styles 2 indicate which is 4 male n 4 female
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 12:07am On Mar 13, 2013
tchidi:

Truth is, they'll rather argue about her beliefs and all than think of the risk she was exposed to by being out that late hour....
Well, I'm not surprised. Everyone wants to sound like a non-fanatic. It only exposes the cold-heartedness in us. Truth is, I admire the girl's resilience no matter how misplaced. I hope I'm able to stand up for my every conviction that way.

*still imagining the 11pm part* sad
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by niceguydot: 12:08am On Mar 13, 2013
Useless hypocrites, na only her get choices, if ‎​​i had my way too my NYSC uniform for be Ralph Lauren Polo nah..
Imagine trousers ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅§ against her religion.. Make she come yankee.. Where u will go T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ bed and wake up the next morning with 4 inch thick snow outside your front door.. Then she go know if trousers G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ or e no good.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by OOLUSOGA(m): 12:09am On Mar 13, 2013
Though, I dont agree with the lady corper sending away at 11pm security should be considered before any other actions. But i want to believe the corper does not have enough orientation about NYSC style and patterns, i think if she had known the rules and regulation she would have gone for exemption.
Nevertheless, she should remember that Jesus said give what belong to ceaser to ceaser. i want the lady corper to have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2013
"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's"

That has to be the most popular line on this thread grin grin grin grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2013
cyril83: they never threw her out, she left on her own. Gather ur fact here.

http://www.zimbio.com/Nigeria/articles/BtBKF0W8_jp/Fall+out+over+Youth+corper+decamped
Na english dey confuse you. She was asked to comply (wear trousers) OR LEAVE. How is that not throwing her out? For someone hellbent on not wearing trousers, that is as good as throwing her out, and at 11pm for that matter!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Serendipity: 12:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Sisom: it is good to serve the lord but the bible also said give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser. in other words when in rome behave like the romans
Your reasoninig is warped and lame. So if you go to a place where every guy humanises you humanise too because tou want to behave like the romans?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by kennydee05(m): 12:13am On Mar 13, 2013
NYSC is not meant for religious reason, but for cultural and national integration purpose!!!
Isn't she aware of the dress code?
Imagine skirt on jungle boot!
Imagine executing man o war task with skirt!! Na this one go even worst pass because all her underneath will be expose..
Imagine matching with skirt!!!
Pls imagine something with her on skirt?

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ebosed: 12:15am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: Well, I'm not surprised. Everyone wants to sound like a non-fanatic. It only exposes the cold-heartedness in us. Truth is, I admire the girl's resilience no matter how misplaced. I hope I'm able to stand up for my every conviction that way.

convictions can be a decor. lunatics are convinced they are sane while others are insane. you have been sincerely convince about something you later regreted.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 13, 2013
kennydee05: NYSC is not meant for religious reason, but for cultural and national integration purpose!!!
Isn't she aware of the dress code?
Imagine skirt on jungle boot!
Imagine executing man o war task with skirt!! Na this one go even worst pass because all her underneath will be expose..
Imagine matching with skirt!!!
Pls imagine something with her on skirt?
+100000 likes.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by cyril83(m): 12:17am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: Well, I'm not surprised. Everyone wants to sound like a non-fanatic. It only exposes the cold-heartedness in us. Truth is, I admire the girl's resilience no matter how misplaced. I hope I'm able to stand up for my every conviction that way.

the 11pm thang is just an exaggeration. Besides bros that attitude is very far from resilence, it is called hypocrisy. She was trying to enforce standards, attitudes, lifestyles, virtues, beliefs, principles on them, nah it doesn't work that way.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by lawizle(m): 12:20am On Mar 13, 2013
rodeo0070: 11:00PM? Gosh!!!

As in ouch!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by cyril83(m): 12:20am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: Na english dey confuse you. She was asked to comply (wear trousers) OR LEAVE. How is that not throwing her out? For someone hellbent on not wearing trousers, that is as good as throwing her out, and at 11pm for that matter!
have you ever been to the nysc camp ? Bros the light out is 10pm, that 11pm stuff is nothing but hyperbole.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2013
ebosed:

convictions can be a decor. lunatics are convinced they are sane while others are insane. you have been sincerely convince about something you later regreted.
blah blah blah. Everyone knows that. Would you call the girl insane who choses not to wear trousers even at the risk of expulsion, and call the co-ordinator sane who asked her to leave at that ungodly hour?

Answer so I can tell you your sanity level.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Vansnickers: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2013
I'm not anti-Religion, I am merely against the Ignorance Religion breeds.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by frankobaba(m): 12:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Policewoman: Pls is dia anywhere in d bible it is written dat women should nt wear trousers? Abi d babe na rev.sister?

Rev:Sis indeed...na foolishness de worry the Babe. Even in the school where i served, the principal (a Rev.Sis) showed us her NYSC pix and i saw her in Pure Kakii Troussers...(4 over 4). Then wetin dis Otulla chik come be na? mtchewwwww... FANATIC B*I*A*T*C*H
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2013
ItsModella: "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's"

That has to be the most popular line on this thread grin grin grin grin
If some lecturers ask you to donate ur kitty in order to pass ur exams,would you?Knowing well that it is the norm in most higher institutions?..Mrs Ceasar.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ebosed: 12:27am On Mar 13, 2013
Oahray: blah blah blah. Everyone knows that. Would you call the girl insane who choses not to wear trousers even at the risk of expulsion, and call the co-ordinator sane who asked her to leave at that ungodly hour?

Answer so I can tell you your sanity level.

dont be rude guy. all i am saying is that both of them should fact find their convictions becos they might be sincerely wrong..sincerely raped at 11pm...sincerely fired at 8am
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Oahray: 12:28am On Mar 13, 2013
cyril83: the 11pm thang is just an exaggeration. Besides bros that attitude is very far from resilence, it is called hypocrisy.
you chose to disbelieve the 11pm info, but believed the report about her LEAVING CAMP ON HER OWN. Na wa for your bias.

If you knew what 'hypocrite' mean, you wouldn't call her that. Hypocrites are pretenders, and no hypocrite would keep up the pretense if it would land him in trouble. Brainwashed? Maybe. Fanatic? Maybe. Resilience? Definitely!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by frankobaba(m): 12:29am On Mar 13, 2013
50calibre: This NYSC people should learn to respect people's religious beliefs and choices.

"If U can't BEAT THEM, pick an EXEMPTION LETTER..and -FCUCK off"
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Symphony007: 12:30am On Mar 13, 2013
If the NYSC start making concesions to people based on whatever their belief is then the "discipline" the scheme emphasises will vanish as people will start picking what they want to wear under the umbrella of religion. Standards are standard and unecesary compromise diminished that standard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Edo Corper, Gbadamosi OluwaMayowa, Arrested For Sleeping With His Student / Fake Corper Arrested At Akwa Ibom NYSC Orientation Camp By Police (Photos) / See What A Nairalander Did When He Collected His NYSC Discharge Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.