Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Gtb Or Diamond Bank? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Gtb Or Diamond Bank? (22780 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / PLEASE ADVICE "Marketing Job With GTB" Or Ignore The Offer. / Gtb Or Cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by chucky234(m): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: are you not too Old for the oga at the top thing....I just checkd your age and you are over 45....Ur own case they babalawo hand
Oga at the top get age,even AY used Oga at the top to market his ticket this morning on his facebook page.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by gagzee(m): 10:51am On Mar 15, 2013
konn: diamond bank no be am at all o if you are not occupying a very big position nothing for you. you will be used and dumped like a rag my dad worked in diamond bank for almost 18 years till he died no improvement even his pension and gratuity has not been paid till now 4 years after his demise
i agree wit u, diamond is trash,,disposed my elder bro 4 a minor issue
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]Better live these banks and become an enteprenure by you self. I advise you to go into vegetable farming or snail farming and you might even become dangote
One day.i now deal in rat poison and you cant imagine how much i am making daily.another good buiz if farming of poisonous snakes for use in making anti venoms.......[/size]
. We have some really crazy guys on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Tonyblinky(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2013
I dont want τ̲̅ȍ say gtb now and my oga @ the top would say diamond bank later

6 Likes

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by dammytosh: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2013
Go for Diamond.

1. Diamond's salary is one of the best in the industry and they are not relaxing. They are really determined about this.
2. Personally, i feel GTB is overrated and the pressure will soon be transferred to staffs.

After some years, you can move to another bank using your current pay as negotiation. ignore all those 18 years post. We all know that you should not av more than 4years plan in a bank of today before you move else where.

-My Penny.

3 Likes

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 15, 2013
anelka101: You are a liar,how can you get graduate traning offer in the two banks at the same time and both bank are to resume training next week.
Better say the truth so that we can know the angle to tackle your problem
Evil Canon on the loose.I cast and bind every evil spirit trying to hinder a double portion in my life IJN
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by dammytosh: 10:55am On Mar 15, 2013
gagzee:
i agree wit u, diamond is trash,,disposed my elder bro 4 a minor issue

What is the minor issue ? Ask your elder brother.

That issue must be against the company policy he was already aware of.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by lopon: 11:00am On Mar 15, 2013
Go for GTB
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 11:01am On Mar 15, 2013
gunpoint: Gtb, ahead on all fronts.
I am a banker bt dnt wrk in eida of the 2.

If you are truely a banker you will know that Diamond is far i repeat WAY FAR better than GTB Bank in terms of work environment..

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pautex: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2013
gunpoint:
Bros, I hope u r a banker oh, dis one u dey freely advice diamond lik dis

maybe na one of d shareholder im be grin
gunpoint:
Bros, I hope u r a banker oh, dis one u dey freely advice diamond lik dis

maybe na one of d shareholder im be
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by mkoabiola: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2013
Wat a life!
Some gradutes are luking for 1,
Here ,a gradutes has 2.
Irony of life.close ur eyes and do "tumbo tumbo baskelebe" ,den pick 1.

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by belusconi: 11:04am On Mar 15, 2013
Bro, diamond bank is d best....I ve a brother that's works there... He as work in d banking industry all his life but he do tell me Diamond bank is d best of it all....promotions r steady n salary is so onpoint even for entry level.....bro gtb jez get d name, dem no dey pay well n d workin conditions is terrible ..... Diamond,first bank n zenith bank is d best....

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 11:05am On Mar 15, 2013
Minex007: Go for GTBank BRo..Infact most anybody advice you on that.U no dey see ne?Oya shine your eyes n rush to work..D respect between bankers is high

I am a banker and i know what he will gain and loose....Diamond is way far better than GTB, dont be deceivd by customer orientation of GTB

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by winkay: 11:06am On Mar 15, 2013
Gtb is better in all aspect and the politics in diamond bank is more that nigeria politics. If you want to have a great future in banking sector, start with Gtb. Most importantly, pray and let God conclude your decision.

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 11:07am On Mar 15, 2013
dammytosh: Go for Diamond.

1. Diamond's salary is one of the best in the industry and they are not relaxing. They are really determined about this.
2. Personally, i feel GTB is overrated and the pressure will soon be transferred to staffs.

After some years, you can move to another bank using your current pay as negotiation. ignore all those 18 years post. We all know that you should not av more than 4years plan in a bank of today before you move else where.

-My Penny.

YOU MUST BE A BANKER AND IF NOT U NEED TO APPLY TO WORK IN BANK NOW! GOD BLES YOU SOUL YOU HAVE JUST SAVED THE POOR OPS
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Rooneyboy(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2013
Which kind question be this one

For crying out loud they are both worlds apart, comparing would be very silly of us.

GTB is MILES better than diamond.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by leonshom(m): 11:09am On Mar 15, 2013
You can't really know the fact until u get sum1 who has worked in both banks, besides, his or her own experience is not a yardstick to measure urs,i knew GTB is a gud bank actually, dnt really knw much bout diamond.Best of luck !

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by ifihearam: 11:10am On Mar 15, 2013
talk2vic:

double standard? i may be wrong

I be think say na only me see am ooooo

This friend of mine thing on NL is becoming unbecoming people shoulkd be able to own up nau..

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by jadakiss213(m): 11:11am On Mar 15, 2013
talk2vic:

double standard? i may be wrong
yea.Outright Lies..
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by ifihearam: 11:13am On Mar 15, 2013
Tonyblinky: I dont want τ̲̅ȍ say gtb now and my oga @ the top would say diamond bank later

Lol
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Melahou(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2013
debbie.doyin:
Guys pls this is very urgent..a friend got an offer from both gtb and diamond bank to resume training skul next week. Both are for graduate trainee..
Pls this question is for nairalanders that WORK IN EITHER GTB OR DIAMOND and nairalanders that knows soo much about both banks i.e current and first hand info.
Pls Wats both banks condition for promotion & work ethics?
Am not interested about the pay I just want a good work enviroment not a stiff and mean environment and a place where I can rise up quickly in my career pursuit..thanks yall as u respond swiftly. God bless!

Pls moderator I beg U in d name of God,,front page pls!!! I need peoples responses as soon as possible!! Thanks
why are you contracting yourself @ bold comments
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2013
GTB IS THE BEST BANK TO BANK WITH BUT NOT AS A STAFF! DO THIS ASSIGNMENT AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MORE JUST GO TO ONE OF THERE BRANCHES GREET ONE OF THEM ÓGA YOU DEY ENJOY O'YOU WILL HEAR ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE BANK...........I AM NOT A STAFF OF EITHER OF THE BANKS, GTB PAYS BETTER, BUT THEY WILL USE THE VALUABLE PART OF YOUR LIFE.....HOW I WISH MY FRIEND IS ON NL SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU, SHE RESIGNED 2WEEKS AFTER SHE RECEIVD HER OFFER LETTER...... IF IT'S PAY I WILL TELL U TO GO FOR GTB,,,,BUT IF IT IS PEACE OF MIND THAT YOU WANT PLEASE IN GOD'S NAME DIAMOND IS THE BEST..

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nautillus(m): 11:14am On Mar 15, 2013
Career...GTB..Better brand / good for your resume / leverage.

Diamond ...Indiferent...its like working with UBA or First Bank..Same ol Same ol
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by kulex2k1(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2013
debbie.doyin:
Guys pls this is very urgent..a friend got an offer from both gtb and diamond bank to resume training skul next week. Both are for graduate trainee..
Pls this question is for nairalanders that WORK IN EITHER GTB OR DIAMOND and nairalanders that knows soo much about both banks i.e current and first hand info.
Pls Wats both banks condition for promotion & work ethics?
Am not interested about the pay I just want a good work enviroment not a stiff and mean environment and a place where I can rise up quickly in my career pursuit..thanks yall as u respond swiftly. God bless!

Pls moderator I beg U in d name of God,,front page pls!!! I need peoples responses as soon as possible!! Thanks

Obviously, One of those sorry ass kids looking for attention!!!! welldone tho u just got some.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by bigblxd(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2013
@OP: From personal experience, I wud advice u take GTB. Diamond is full of politics but good at training & capacity development. There is no job security in Diamond Bank too & promotion is not on merit though they are currently working to change that now. I prefer GTB to DB anyday atleast for now. Goodluck!
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 11:21am On Mar 15, 2013
NAIRALANDER UNA DON CRAZE FINISH! SEE ALL THESE POSTS
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by lorenzos1: 11:23am On Mar 15, 2013
GTB is a good place to work but your firsst promotion wld come after 3years which is standard practice..There is so much work in that bank u might not have time for yourself.The crowd @ d banking halls speak for themselves..It is very good for your CV they have great wwork ethics and corprate governance.
Diamond just reviewed their salaary and now pay higher than Gt..it is not as stressfull as GTB and is a very stable bank..dunno much abt them...,
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Yinkaolu(m): 11:24am On Mar 15, 2013
Either you or your friend, pray well and if by God, choose GTB. I worked there while my brother worked with Diamond. The work environment in GTB is unique. Take care bro as God will lead U
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by abisquare(f): 11:25am On Mar 15, 2013
My broda GTB is d best place 4 u to start ur career I did my IT dia and I neva regreted it I wuld advice u to shun all d wrong advices and go 4 GTb millions re dyin to wrk dia
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by julioralph(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2013
Bros, I'm not a tribalist but let me tell u the hard truth: if you're Igbo, go for diamond and if you're yoruba, then go for Gtb. If you're from neither of the 2, then follow ur heart!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Career Mistakes You Should Avoid In Your Place Of Work. / How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? / Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.