Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Gtb Or Diamond Bank? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Gtb Or Diamond Bank? (22781 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / PLEASE ADVICE "Marketing Job With GTB" Or Ignore The Offer. / Gtb Or Cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Balkan(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
konn: diamond bank no be am at all o if you are not occupying a very big position nothing for you. you will be used and dumped like a rag my dad worked in diamond bank for almost 18 years till he died no improvement even his pension and gratuity has not been paid till now 4 years after his demise
your papa na olodo. He could not pass any promotion interview. I know him very well, Diamond bank does not promote olodos
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
I don't work in either of the banks, but GTB is better. I have friends in both banks. GTB promoted staff during the meltdown period when no bank did. If they pay share of profit, its wow. They have a. better culture. They will 1st take their ex- staff b4 taking frm any other bank. If you decide to leave the bank for another, you will be better priced.

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by MisiF: 1:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
Depends on your career goals. GTB seems more stable, innovative and maybe employee friendly.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by princeonx: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
gunpoint: Gtb, ahead on all fronts.
I am a banker bt dnt wrk in eida of the 2.
You're a banker? And your username na gunpoint? Ok oh!

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by succelo: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
My Dear please go for Diamond...Good Luck
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by vitality22(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
Bros, am telling you from experience. Go to GTB, that is the only bank i will work for aside FIRST BANK. Gtb is the way to go.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by bumdish: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
With all sense of responsibility, I would prefer DiamondBank. I worked in one and my spouse worked in the other but we have both left the industry for better opportunities. So I can say I have insider information in both.
Current pay package - DiamondBank is far ahead.
Reputation - GTB is far ahead.
Bank Growth potentials - Diamondbank is currently taking some giant stride but GTB is still the Industry leader.
Staff Promotion - Diamondbank is just a bit ahead. Promotion things is now becoming like a Carmel passing through the needles eye in GT.
Staff Welfare - Diamondbank is miles ahead. Better package, Staff bus in Head-office, Profit sharing, more staff loan options etc
Stress - It depends on your location/boss but I think the culture in Diamondbank is better.
Tribalism - So far you are in Nigeria, you should be ready to live with favoritism.
Job security - Both banks can be tricky.

Overall, if you want to pride in working for an industry leader and probably use the bank as a launch pad for better opportunities, go with GTB but if you want to grow with a bank and probably have a better personal net worth go with Diamondbank.

7 Likes

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by davades(m): 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
GTB closes 5PM while Diamond Bank 4PM

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by russianyuri: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
GTB Bruv.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by InvertedHammer: 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
Chinaimporter: Better live these banks and become an enteprenure by you self. I advise you to go into vegetable farming or snail farming and you might even become dangote
One day.i now deal in rat poison and you cant imagine how much i am making daily.another good buiz if farming of poisonous snakes for use in making anti venoms.......

See business o! Rat poison and snake venom.

Old boy you get liver no be small o!

Nothing do you!

You are my hero
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by OkochiZico(m): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
GTB is more ideal for u, goodluck.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by sucess001(m): 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
prince_onx:
You're a banker? And your username na gunpoint? Ok oh!

lmao! grin grin
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by JahMan1: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
I am a veteran in the industry. 11 years + is not a joke and still counting.
I have worked in one of the two and have allies in the other.
The facts are;
Diamond Bank has always paid better than GTB for the period I am talking about.
However,GTB used to promote faster than DB and so we saw bankers in there progressing faster.
Nowadays,that promotion has ceased as it is tough promoting people like that in the industry.
GTB training school used to be far longer than that of DB for new intakes(6 months?) but DB was 6 weeks class room,6 weeks on the job and 3 months assessment before you become Exec Trainee.
Both banks train their staff very well but I came across GTB non-finance staff as better able to understand finance terms than DB.I guess DB and others should learn of the kinda training they give to them.
DB pays a certain percent of their Profit Before Tax(PBT) to staff as Profit Share(PS) - maybe 5% or there about. But GTB only pays from Senior Manager & above(with the huge profits they hammer yearly).
Talking about tribalism,yeah it exists in Nigeria,but I think my non-Igbo guys at DB are more comfortable there than the way my non-Yoruba guys complain at GTB & tribalism.But I also feel it is more pronounced for marketing staff.
GTB treatment of staff got worse with the demise of the amiable Tayo Aderinokun.The new MD with his team are terrorists.One of them was formally in DB shaa.
The new helsman in DB is a veteran and one of the best in the industry now.He was a performer from FBN.
DB is so good that they foot the medical bills of staff even to overseas.I have heard similar stories done by GTB in the past.

Truth is,if I am to remain in the industry,3 of the banks comes into mind - Diamond,FBN and GTB(when I am talking of pay);FBN,DB & GTB when I am looking beyond pay,but retirement benefits,soft loans,etc and GTB,FBN,DB when I am talking of 'effizy' packaging and exp.
I am not forgetting the foreign banks anyway.
You have a good deal bros.But if asked of 'my personal opinion' I will advise you go for DB and thereafter........

5 Likes

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]Better live these banks and become an enteprenure by you self. I advise you to go into vegetable farming or snail farming and you might even become dangote
One day.i now deal in rat poison and you cant imagine how much i am making daily.another good buiz if farming of poisonous snakes for use in making anti venoms.......[/size]

I really laffed out to this!!! Lol!!! I like ur style bro!!
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by debbiedoyin: 6:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
I really want to thank u guys for all your comments!! Am very greatful..God bless U alll..
To dose pple who tink am lying well I don't know what to say, but its not a lie,,its even gtb, uba and diamond bank on my palm..please no connection watsoever..I finished nysc last year october and immediately started applying in dose banks..I droped my cv at uba regional office at dugbe, I appied online for gtb and also sent cvs to deir emails and also applied online for diamond..luckily I was kaled for test in d 3banks december last year after applying since october and d rest is history..if u r determined and u put God first,believe me u can get to any length in ur career path. I even studied a science related course..

Once again am very greatful for all your responses,,I have learnt a lot here. May God bless u alll..

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
Come o! U said ur frnd got an offer, and u still tell us dat u‘re not interested in d pay. TELL US WHO HAVE THE JOB, U OR UR FRND?
Mk I ask oga @ the top for advice.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Mizpah: 6:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
Forget about old coats. Go become an entrepreneur. Farm snails, fish, etc, etc.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by debbiedoyin: 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2013
Okay guys, am d one wit d offer,,just said my friend to avoid too much issues but yes I am d one..sory if ma intention of hidin ma identity anoys anyone here..then am a lady too,,not bros grin
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by debbiedoyin: 6:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
Mizpah: Forget about old coats. Go become an entrepreneur. Farm snails, fish, etc, etc.

No capital na,,but am not stayin too long in d banking industry anyways..will still go back to my love and studied profession which is FCMG,,,realised from various coments dt bankin is generally not secured so I guess I will kip on applyin to fcmg wile I start up wit banking.
Thanks again to all,,bless
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by disboy: 7:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
I will suggest 2 d mods that anybody that use ' My oga at the top' to b banned.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Lincolnburrows(m): 8:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
konn: diamond bank no be am at all o if you are not occupying a very big position nothing for you. you will be used and dumped like a rag my dad worked in diamond bank for almost 18 years till he died no improvement even his pension and gratuity has not been paid till now 4 years after his demise
The main question shoul be: did your dad work a professional staff or as a contract staff? Don't expect much if your dad was the latter. It's just a lesson for u. Always seek a plan B.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by mevisbleek: 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]Better live these banks and become an enteprenure by you self. I advise you to go into vegetable farming or snail farming and you might even become dangote
One day.i now deal in rat poison and you cant imagine how much i am making daily.another good buiz if farming of poisonous snakes for use in making anti venoms.......[/size]

Dude we know all this entrepreneur shindig. The dude asked a question and please if you don't have any suggestion stay off the topic. No disrespect.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
Bros. Pls go for diamond bank. Its rewarding. I'm also an ET dere. The pay and respect ul get @ work is all anyone cud wish for. Go #teamdiamond
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by AMvanquish: 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
dammytosh: Go for Diamond.

1. Diamond's salary is one of the best in the industry and they are not relaxing. They are really determined about this.
2. Personally, i feel GTB is overrated and the pressure will soon be transferred to staffs.

After some years, you can move to another bank using your current pay as negotiation. ignore all those 18 years post. We all know that you should not av more than 4years plan in a bank of today before you move else where.

-My Penny.

As in seriously overated.. With their Rubbish customer care, overcrowded banking halls and few branched. I can never walk in and finish a transaction under 30mins.I alwayz meet crowds, it so bad I'm even considering to stop banking with them..
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Chinwem(f): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
disboy: I will suggest 2 d mods that anybody that use ' My oga at the top' to b banned.

Starting with yourself
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by balo(m): 1:22am On Mar 16, 2013
jascon1: Pls help! How do I get a new atm card? My atm card expired and am schooling abroad. I have my money in my GTB account and I have need to use it. The machine here seized my card and when I went to the bank to retrieve it I was denied my bank card. I was told the bank policy is to send it to the bank in my country and am thousands of miles away. Does anyone know who I can contact in GTB or an email address to the bank? What do u advice that I do?

Please send a mail to cardservices@gtbank.com stating your issues.

Regards.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by bigpastor(m): 3:27am On Mar 16, 2013
One day.i now deal in rat poison and you cant imagine h
ow much i am making daily.another good buiz if farming of poisonous snakes for use in making anti venoms.......[/size]
you can still have the job and still involve in the farming biz
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by mrkels(m): 8:50am On Mar 16, 2013
Balkan: your papa na olodo. He could not pass any promotion interview. I know him very well, Diamond bank does not promote olodos

Guy that was super harsh and uncalled for...

Op I currently work with diamond bank, in terms of everything you stated there, diamond is the best, even in terms of pay, the salary is mouth watering-even though you are not too bothered about this.
Gtb is another good bank but if I were in your shoes right now, I ll go for diamond.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by chikejude(m): 11:44am On Mar 16, 2013
Both Banks are very okay,its depends on the function you will be required to handle,If you are going for operations DB has a very structured set up and u will learn a lot.
Their marketing is very aggressive so if u re a laggered don't near there. Gtb has a very nice culture and brand but their operations is not as structured as DB, But their marketing is very cool and u will get to learn a lot.
Please never look at pay to determine your choice, if i will advise plan your exit as soon as you start.

Goodluck.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by daylae(m): 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
Wel, well, welll,gtb go pay u yes GTB go pay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Career Mistakes You Should Avoid In Your Place Of Work. / Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize / My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.