Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Gtb Or Diamond Bank? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Gtb Or Diamond Bank? (22775 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / PLEASE ADVICE "Marketing Job With GTB" Or Ignore The Offer. / Gtb Or Cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by acidtalk: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2013
double08:

are you guyz not tired of this 'oga at the top' stuff its getting lame angry

@op I believe GTB is a good choice

They need to check out this thread :

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop

https://www.nairaland.com/1226028/reasons-why-oga-top-jokes
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by alexarelano(m): 11:36am On Mar 15, 2013
I can't determine whether GTB/Diamond is okay 4 U, unless I ask My Oga at the top, na im dey control everything. Sorry I can't make any decision on my own, 'cos if I say ''A'' and My Oga at the top say ''B'' I'm in hot soup grin
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by jascon1(m): 11:37am On Mar 15, 2013
Pls help! How do I get a new atm card? My atm card expired and am schooling abroad. I have my money in my GTB account and I have need to use it. The machine here seized my card and when I went to the bank to retrieve it I was denied my bank card. I was told the bank policy is to send it to the bank in my country and am thousands of miles away. Does anyone know who I can contact in GTB or an email address to the bank? What do u advice that I do?
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by karpentar: 11:39am On Mar 15, 2013
debbie.doyin:
Guys pls this is very urgent..a friend got an offer from both gtb and diamond bank to resume training skul next week. Both are for graduate trainee..
Pls this question is for nairalanders that WORK IN EITHER GTB OR DIAMOND and nairalanders that knows soo much about both banks i.e current and first hand info.
Pls Wats both banks condition for promotion & work ethics?
Am not interested about the pay I just want a good work enviroment not a stiff and mean environment and a place where I can rise up quickly in my career pursuit..thanks yall as u respond swiftly. God bless!

Pls moderator I beg U in d name of God,,front page pls!!! I need peoples responses as soon as possible!! Thanks

Simple! If you're Ibo, choose Diamond bank, if Yoruba, go for GTB and if neither tribe, then, just go and mark time in the one that offers better salary and embezzle as much as you can safely do and scram. Don't listen to any other advice.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by nickzuby(m): 11:44am On Mar 15, 2013
Pls go for GTB, DB stress too much.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by vanstanzy(m): 11:44am On Mar 15, 2013
GTB all the way! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by huptin(m): 11:46am On Mar 15, 2013
debbie.doyin:
Guys pls this is very urgent..a friend got an offer from both gtb and diamond bank to resume training skul next week. Both are for graduate trainee..
Pls this question is for nairalanders that WORK IN EITHER GTB OR DIAMOND and nairalanders that knows soo much about both banks i.e current and first hand info.
Am not interested about the pay I just want a good work enviroment not a stiff and mean environment and a place where I can rise up quickly in my career pursuit..thanks yall as u respond swiftly. God bless!

Pls moderator I beg U in d name of God,,front page pls!!! I need peoples responses as soon as possible!! Thanks

Please bros, Diamond's welfare package is far better than GTB's, i worked in GTB, am now in Diamond. Thatzall.

1 Like

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by 2tangle123(m): 11:48am On Mar 15, 2013
simply visit our oga @ the top official website for more info on both banks..ww.nsdc
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Ogegod87: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote
author=anelka101]You are a liar,how can you get graduate traning offer
in the two banks at the same time and both bank are to resume training
next week.
Better say the truth so that we can know the angle to tackle your
problem[/quote]

Tot am d only one dat noticed. d guy dey lie for state. and 2 think ppl re giving him advice?? OP u said ur friend got d offers, but u it is who do not care about d salary and bla bla bla.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by IGBOSON1: 11:52am On Mar 15, 2013
Could someone 'in the know' provide us with the end of year results for both banks; and for how long each has been in operation; this should give us some idea as to which is better.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by linkin8k(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2013
Funny replies force me to log on and comment.

I think the op already stated working environment and promotion chances as the key criteria also stating that PAY isn't important.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by kamez(m): 11:56am On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=Jerrygotswagg]are you not too Old for the oga at the top thing....I just checkd your age and you are over 45....Ur own case they babalawo hand[

Una no go kill me wit laugh for NL.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Tnoni: 11:57am On Mar 15, 2013
gagzee:
i agree wit u, diamond is trash,,disposed my elder bro 4 a minor issue

oga your broda should tell you guys what he did. there is something he is not telling you, you call also state his first name i would give you the details ASAP
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by nybol(m): 12:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
pls , pls & pls go to Diamond Bank, Dis is first hand info. U can thank me later
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Tnoni: 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
bross, between i am not igbo, but the bank is a wonderful place to work, everything is here, and with what i kno, GTB is gradually turning into Zenith bank, laying off people and pushing people to the extreme. people are just asking you to go for GTB cause of this mentality people would have on one product and until they begin to die, they would not change their mind. lemme ask you a question, how did nigerian come to believe that TOYOTA is the most durable car or most economical, thats because of what dey have been told, even somebody that doesnt have a car yet believes so.

you can call me on this numbers i would give you more details 08033522135

2 Likes

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by howfarwhatagwan: 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
I used to work in a bank(none of the two though) but I also bank with both banks. As a customer of both banks, I have always gotten better service from Diamond Surprised right? GTB has managed to portray a great image but truth is I think it is over hyped. What is most important to you is what you want to do in Banking Is it marketing or operations? If you are looking at marketing then consider the bank that will be easier to sell and if operations that which you will close early and not be a slave. Be careful not all that glitters is Gold especially with banks you may get the shocker of your life when you get in. Personally, at graduate level you should be more concerned about getting the best experience so you can move easily as you grow.

3 Likes

Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by alexarelano(m): 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
Who deleted my comment, I think my Oga at the top is at work just guessing no stone throwing ooogrin
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by alexarelano(m): 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
jascon1: Pls help! How do I get a new atm card? My atm card expired and am schooling abroad. I have my money in my GTB account and I have need to use it. The machine here seized my card and when I went to the bank to retrieve it I was denied my bank card. I was told the bank policy is to send it to the bank in my country and am thousands of miles away. Does anyone know who I can contact in GTB or an email address to the bank? What do u advice that I do?

Use ur wrist watch 2 drill underground 4 U 2 be able 2 travel very fast (speed of light) na GTB wey dey Laqos u go see ur self, just put one cloth in one back in case d one u wear becomes dirty grin
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 12:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
abisquare: My broda GTB is d best place 4 u to start ur career I did my IT dia and I neva regreted it I wuld advice u to shun all d wrong advices and go 4 GTb millions re dyin to wrk dia

WHICH BRANCH OF GTB DID U DO UR IT? I WILL TELL YOU U ARE D BIGGEST LIAR ON EARTH. MY SISTER DID HER IT IN GTB....MOLONEY BRANCH. ANY TIME I WORK LATE AT NIGHT,YOU WILL SEE THEM CROWLING HOME TIRED LIKE A WOUNDED CHICKEN....MONEY GTB D BEST...BUT MIND YOU YOUR LIFE SPAN WILL BE SHORT AND WILL NOT GET TYM TO ENJOI D MONIE
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 12:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Could someone 'in the know' provide us with the end of year results for both banks; and for how long each has been in operation; this should give us some idea as to which is better.

Oga all that one naa gramma........if you want to die young go for GTB all these end of the year gramma.....naa d@ one we wan chop?
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by pure123: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
Tnoni:

oga your broda should tell you guys what he did. there is something he is not telling you, you call also state his first name i would give you the details ASAP

YOU WILL NOT DIE YOUNG.......YOU'VE SAID IT ALL
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by ibkgab001: 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
well structured.in such a way that they can tranfer you to Gambia and sirria lone grin
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
My dear, I wish you the best in whichever you choose.
Regards
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Projectors(m): 12:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
Though I am not a banker, I'm an entrepreneur but I prefer GTB than Diamond. Just develop strange likeness for them.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
Chinaimporter: [size=18pt]Better live these banks and become an enteprenure by you self. I advise you to go into vegetable farming or snail farming and you might even become dangote
One day.i now deal in rat poison and you cant imagine how much i am making daily.another good buiz if farming of poisonous snakes for use in making anti venoms.......[/size]
snake business. Guy I no go fit come ur house o, cos u fit dey carry snakes for pocket come back from work
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by chuglothen(f): 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
Every week, d highest number of experienced hire that are being interviewed to resume in Diamond bank are all from GTB and Zenith. I believe that should answer your question. In terms of pay and working environment, Diamond is d best. Lest I forget, banking is about d money. Diamond offers d best right now.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by nkbubu: 1:03pm On Mar 15, 2013
konn: diamond bank no be am at all o if you are not occupying a very big position nothing for you. you will be used and dumped like a rag my dad worked in diamond bank for almost 18 years till he died no improvement even his pension and gratuity has not been paid till now 4 years after his demise
U ave said it all.pls go for Gtb and forget diamond bank.I use to work dere and rite now dey hire n fire @ will.though diamond bank is about one of d highest paid in d industry but since u re not really afta d pay den go to gtb where d environment is conducive and has a level playin ground.
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
debbie.doyin:

Thousands of unemployed graduate are praying for a Micro finance bank call up and you are here making choice of two established banks. That's greed man!
Re: Gtb Or Diamond Bank? by Oohrhii(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
jascon1: Pls help! How do I get a new atm card? My atm card expired and am schooling abroad. I have my money in my GTB account and I have need to use it. The machine here seized my card and when I went to the bank to retrieve it I was denied my bank card. I was told the bank policy is to send it to the bank in my country and am thousands of miles away. Does anyone know who I can contact in GTB or an email address to the bank? What do u advice that I do?

Sorry..but yes returning it back to the originating bank is the standard procedure.

My advice.. go to GTbank website. speak with their customer service.If you are in the UK i think they have a branch there where u can request for a new card and choose the bank in the Uk as your point of pickup. Alternatively log into your Online account and do all your transactions online.
ill advice you to just forget the card and request for a new one online. Cost #1000. Also as said earlier look for their nearest branch and choose the place as your pick up point.

Pele.. next time dont put all your eggs in one Basket.. Diversify!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Career Mistakes You Should Avoid In Your Place Of Work. / How Do You Determine Seniority With Staff On The Same Level And Step? / My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.