Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,771 members, 7,862,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:46 PM

Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 (655 Views)

Jonathan & Ben Murray-bruce At The Burial Of Alamiyeseigha (photos) / Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 by maclatunji: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2013
Once Upon A Time...(Not So Long Ago)

"In other words, Nigerians are no longer
shocked by any kind of malfeasance. If
someone commits a crime, we are not moved by the nature of his crime, instead we rationalise it: he should be declared innocent because he is not the only person who commits that kind of offence, he has been caught only because he is unlucky or he is being persecuted. And thus, what we are faced with is a country without moral boundaries. But thank God for a few voices of reason who in the face of blackmail, ntimidation and violence still insist on the truth."
~ Reuben Abati ©2005

"In other societies, a man in Alami's situation
would have resigned and apologised for
bringing his people so much embarrassment,
while he continues the battle for his honour.

In Syria, a former intelligence chief and Interior
Minister, who was accused of corruption and
murder felt so bad and has since committed
suicide. His name is Ghazi Kenaan. He died this week. But here in Nigeria, such a thing would not happen, disgraced public officials do not resign; they wait until they are pushed out. Those who are protesting that Alamiyeseigha is an important man who is entitled to immunity must remember that in the eyes of the British, he is really an ordinary man in the temple of justice. He had gone to Germany we are told, to do a tummy tuck because the size of his stomach was beginning to affect his heart. In retrospect, he didn't need that surgery after all.

By the time he is through with this trial, I
predict that his tummy will be effectively flat.
He is all things considered a damaged man, but he says he does not need our pity. But really, he deserves our pity, doesn't he?"
~ Reuben Abati ©2005

Wondering, how's he gonna defend the
Presidential pardon now? Can't wait!
(Now listening to a mix of Fela Kuti's 'Opposite
People' aka 'OP,' and Eedris Abdul-Kareems
'Jaga-Jaga.')

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10151282331576782&id=661081781&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5854749798686647979%3Amf_story_key.4044147515138582847
Re: Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 by maclatunji: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2013
Awaiting Mr. Reuben Abati's comments on the pardon granted Alamiyeseigha.
Re: Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2013
oh my lawd.....cant believe this that as jobless as i am and always online thes past days.....no one beat me to 1st to comment.....ok let me start by saying thank u to my mummy and daddy for making it possible i can use d internet..... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 by Tolexander: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2013
Very unfortunate that many Nigerians are men of circumstances that are only ruled by that present situation that overwhelmed them. Not only Mr Abati, there are also some nigerians:
Mr Femi Fani Kayode: he criticized Obasanjo during his early days in office. But after this man was called upon an offered a ministerial role, he started singing the praises of Obasanjo to the public. Wonder why he would accept an offer from an administration he sees very corrupt.

2 El Rufai: this is a man that was made the minister of federal capital territory during Obasanjo's administration. He didn't voice out when Obasanjo was making the 3rd term bid. Stayed in the corridor of power winning and dining with obasanjo. Just because Obasanjo is no more in power and to revive his own political carrier and ambition, that is when he had to fault and raised the dead third term bid of the then president. There is a high tendency that had the third term bid successful, he would gladly accept any ministerial role offered to him by the successful third term administration.

The problem now is not only about Mr Ruben Abati but mentality of average nigerian populace that feel they have to support and praise where they belong and criticize the other people at the other end of the 39th parallel.

We all have to realise that present events are recorded to be an anchor or guilde for our future act.
Re: Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 13, 2013
Choi!!!

People just dey expose Reuben Abati yansh by the minute.... grin
Re: Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 13, 2013
Reuben is finished. I am really sad for him.
Re: Reuben Abati On Alamiyeseigha in 2005 by OAM4J: 11:39am On Mar 13, 2013

(1)

Obasanjo Once Physically Beat Up Doyin Okupe For Being Dishonest / Nigeria's March To Modernity / Gunmen Attack Adamawa Deputy Governor’s Residence, Kill Eleven Villagers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.