Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? (10874 Views)

10 Types Of Interviewees / Learn From The Story Of Two Interviewees / INSOURCING- Have You Been Called For Documentation(friday Interviewees) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by fatid2011(f): 2:49pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

As an application, it is your duty to find a way to get to where the job is and not the employer to make provision for the applicatant . . . Also, how many millions would they have to pay out before giving jobs to the ONE

Which 1 b ur own na? Abi na bad belle? If they don't pay 1 oga @ d top would sit on all d money, so which is beta?
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
fatid2011:

Which 1 b ur own na? Abi na bad belle? If they don't pay 1 oga @ d top would sit on all d money, so which is beta?

I beg no vex . . . Just learning daily.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by festusdaodu: 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2013
I have not gotten my own alert o. But its interesting to know that interviewees are getting paid after two solid years. Naija I hail thee o.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by edynasty: 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2013
honey001:

Broda, make I get recharge card I beg

Beg beg grin grin grin
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by mkoabiola: 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
NNPC is currently being probed by d senate wit billions of naira missing from d coffers,it is jus a very fast ans sharp way to cover dier yansh so as not b xposed.
D mgt of NNPC knws wat dey ar doing.
Nja I hail ooo.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by OnuohaE(m): 2:57pm On Mar 14, 2013
tunapawizzy:
if u dropped abuja address on d day of interview u will never get shingbain

My address is in Lagos state
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by ugochukwumaduka: 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

That is why i said, never heard of that before . . . just think it is funny. . . but it is helping few people, like the gentleman that said he now have money tonight to drink and eat pepper-soup . . .Lol
Well they actually do so, some do so on d test day, others @ d interview if u make it to dat stage. Shell, chevron, addax, exxon mobil, saipem et al all pay der job applicants transport stipends depending on where u reside locally and where the test is conducted. Its like a CSR thing and bliv me, it really helps cos candidates come frm all corners of naija to participate in der recruitment exercises and they can b quite physically strenous and mentally tasking. I participated in d NNPC exercise 2yrs back n dey had an ambulance @ d exam venue 4emergencies.I gt der by 7am, I gt home by 9pm,u cn imagine d stress...so pls dnt blame dem if dey pay stipends,d candidates actually WORTH n MERIT (4 emphasis sake) it.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Drdreluv: 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2013
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]....Adex petroleum abeg pay up our allowance[i][/i]
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
ugochukwumaduka:
Well they actually do so, some do so on d test day, others @ d interview if u make it to dat stage. Shell, chevron, addax, exxon mobil, saipem et al all pay der job applicants transport stipends depending on where u reside locally and where the test is conducted. Its like a CSR thing and bliv me, it really helps cos candidates come frm all corners of naija to participate in der recruitment exercises and they can b quite physically strenous and mentally tasking. I participated in d NNPC exercise 2yrs back n dey had an ambulance @ d exam venue 4emergencies.I gt der by 7am, I gt home by 9pm,u cn imagine d stress...so pls dnt blame dem if dey pay stipends,d candidates actually WORTH n MERIT (4 emphasis sake) it.

Not blaming them at all, like i said, just never heard of it before . . . and i think the kinda location used for such exams might be the reason why, again, not blaming them. Thanks for the awareness!
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by kedukc(m): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
i thought as much, the alert was very coded.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by jokepearl(f): 3:13pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am hearing this for the first time, very interesting

It's not new and not only in Nigeria. I went to Minnesota for a KPMG interview, and all expenses for the travel was paid for. They would have paid some/all of the relocation expenses, if I had accepted the job.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Shinatu: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

As an application, it is your duty to find a way to get to where the job is and not the employer to make provision for the applicatant . . . Also, how many millions would they have to pay out before giving jobs to the ONE

..and as a company that wants to excell, you want to attract the best brains from all over,you want the guys/gals to be able to go as far as borrowing to get there, knowing they can pay back after the test/interview especially in a very Technical industry as Oil & Gas.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by amtheone(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Phemy, what exactly are u driving at? Why are u so angry over this development.

What happen to countries that take care of unemployed youths?
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by ugochukwumaduka: 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Not blaming them at all, like i said, just never heard of it before . . . and i think the kinda location used for such exams might be the reason why, again, not blaming them. Thanks for the awareness!

You are very welcome n yeah, u are ryt bout d venue thing..
Most tyms getting a space 2sit such crowd is a big challenge and dt influences d test location a lot.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by somebody(f): 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Not necessarily - while interviewing for graduate jobs in the UK years ago, all the companies paid for your transport and hotel expenses if you were coming from out of town and just transport fare if in same city and we are not about talking 3 star hotels here. I don't know if its because we were "poor students" but its certainly not unusual.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by honey001(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2013
coogar:

oil/gas companies operating in nigeria have been doing this for ages. why do you want to change their ethic code?

what is a recharge card?

Dat credit wey den take dey call
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2013
jokepearl:

It's not new and not only in Nigeria. I went to Minnesota for a KPMG interview, and all expenses for the travel was paid for. They would have paid some/all of the relocation expenses, if I had accepted the job.

Nice to know, but seems like you refused to read me well, i have never heard of it before does not mean it is only being done in Nigeria . . does it?
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by doctokwus: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
Since nigerians live& breath corruption,nobody seems to realise this is anoda fraudulent way for somebody to get rich quick,without appearing to,in d nigerian context of course.How?This mony must av bn budgetted for & probably released 2yrs ago wen dis interview held,& den lodged in a bank,accruing interest.What d id iot may simply av done is withdraw d capital,pay d interviewees& pocket d interest for 2yrs,which may b in d millions.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
yeah, cheap muthafukkas

two years after
the interview was at the height of aviation fuel scarcity

i spent 30k on flight to abuja
another 30k on flight back
car hire from airport to nnpc
they couldn't see me that day so i had to spend another 15k on hotel in abj

i'm not a suit guy so i had to splash on appearance
add 35k for suit acket, 6k for trousers, 30k for loafers

and the useless company paid me jara 30k

bastards. the money don accrue for bank

anyway,
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by scobaba: 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2013
NNPC,CHEVRON AND ADDAX Pays.

I left Abuja yester after an interview with AGIP. Those ones don't pay. Av spent over 100k for the to/fro flight btwn Delta State n Abuja(test and interview) and will still spend more for medicals.

But den, if the job clicks, who cares about transport allowy, we will be talking 8 Digits per annum mheeeen!
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Fhemmmy: 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
somebody:

Not necessarily - while interviewing for graduate jobs in the UK years ago, all the companies paid for your transport and hotel expenses if you were coming from out of town and just transport fare if in same city and we are not about talking 3 star hotels here. I don't know if its because we were "poor students" but its certainly not unusual.

Never said it is not done anywhere else, i said me as Fhemmmy never heard of it before, so now i have learnt something new. . .
amtheone:

Phemy, what exactly are u driving at? Why are u so angry over this development.

What happen to countries that take care of unemployed youths?

Angry, why would i wanna be?
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Morgan1092(m): 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
sambussie: Please o! When is their next interview
So u wud get ur own Trans. Allowance? #jst askn#
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 14, 2013
na my oga at the top go punish dis people, lol cheesy
gimme my money, bishhh!
btw, are we talking 20k or 30k here?
I haven't got mine yet o, and i need am badly for weekend flex abeg.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by MSItachi: 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2013
10k yesterday confirmed
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by AmenJoan(f): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2013
coogar:

transport allowance - most oil/gas companies in nigeria pay transport allowance. i know chevron does this on the regular on the day of the test. NNPC delayed payments for 2 years for reasons best known to them but sanity finally prevailed.

there was no job in the first place - NNPC vacancy was a hoax!

My dear, there were jobs. Trust me. I know 3 people with no connection who independently got the job.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2013
doctokwus: Since nigerians live& breath corruption,nobody seems to realise this is anoda fraudulent way for somebody to get rich quick,without appearing to,in d nigerian context of course.How?This mony must av bn budgetted for & probably released 2yrs ago wen dis interview held,& den lodged in a bank,accruing interest.What d id iot may simply av done is withdraw d capital,pay d interviewees& pocket d interest for 2yrs,which may b in d millions.

grin
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by olawumia(m): 4:51pm On Mar 14, 2013
Fhemmmy:

pls say what u know ...its a normal thg in in most mnc. Total, mobil even waec do pay for tp after attending there interview. It not test ...an interview .alone adaex pays for tp on test .
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Gorimakpa(m): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2013
Amen Joan:

My dear, there were jobs. Trust me. I know 3 people with no connection who independently got the job.

What you think you know is not always the true reality. How can you know? That someone told you that they got the job without connections doesn't mean that it is true. Connections dont only have to be your uncle or aunty. For girls you know how far you people can go. As far as I know, if at all anyone can get jobs in NNPC of all places without connection, then it must be in one of the highly technical departments where they need highly brilliant and experienced people. maybe the petro engineering, geosciences, or high IT. If its any other thing, forget story. Not everybody would confess to you that they used connection or sold their bodies or paid bribe, everybody would be claiming na God. Ordinary ministry jobs and other dry federal government jobs do not leave chance for unconnected people to enter, talkless of the almighty NNPC where every government official and politician wants to squeeze their people inside.
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Fhemmmy: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
olawumia:
pls say what u know ...its a normal thg in in most mnc. Total, mobil even waec do pay for tp after attending there interview. It not test ...an interview .alone adaex pays for tp on test .

And what i know is what i have said, but Fhemmmy always willing to learn, it is on this forum too that i learnt that people gatecrash interviews, so you telling me that the gatecrashers too would get paid for gatecrashing interviews?
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by Fhemmmy: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2013
Gorimakpa:

What you think you know is not always the true reality. How can you know? That someone told you that they got the job without connections doesn't mean that it is true. Connections dont only have to be your uncle or aunty. For girls you know how far you people can go. As far as I know, if at all anyone can get jobs in NNPC of all places without connection, then it must be in one of the highly technical departments where they need highly brilliant and experienced people. maybe the petro engineering, geosciences, or high IT. If its any other thing, forget story. Not everybody would confess to you that they used connection or sold their bodies or paid bribe, everybody would be claiming na God. Ordinary ministry jobs and other dry federal government jobs do not leave chance for unconnected people to enter, talkless of the almighty NNPC where every government official and politician wants to squeeze their people inside.

That still shows that you are both still on same page that some people can still get a job based on what they know and not ONLY who they know . . . percentage of it MIGHT not be much, but still exist somehow
Re: NNPC Paying Transport For 2011 Interviewees? by bolseas(f): 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
How did NNPC get your account details?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Is This Job Invite Genuine? / Yet To Receive My Salary After My Resignation Last Year / Vacancy! Vacancy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.