Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Watch Out - One Of These Cardinals Will Likely Be The Next Pope. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watch Out - One Of These Cardinals Will Likely Be The Next Pope. (615 Views)

10 Sermons Most Young Ladies Will Likely Turn Deaf Ears To / Will The Next Pope Be The Last? / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Out - One Of These Cardinals Will Likely Be The Next Pope. by IBnatty(m): 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Going from the internal Politics brewing in the Vatican & in the Roman Curia. Also based on the capacity of their influential offices, position & the power their image wield among their colleagues. These Eminent Cardinals out of the 115 elegible cardinals are touted as Benedict XVI successor by analysts and the media. In no particular order.

1. Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan. 63. Archbishop of New York.

2. Cardinal Peter Erdo. 60. Archbishop of Estergom- Budapest.

3. Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley. 68. Archbishop of Boston

4. Cardinal Marc Ouellet. 68 (from Canada former Archbishop of Quebec). Head of the Vatican's office for bishops.

5. Cardinal Leonardo Sandri. 69. (from Argentina) Head of the Vatican department for Eastern Churches.

6. Cardinal Odilo Pedro Scherer. 63. Archbishop of Sao Paulo

7. Cardinal Angelo Scola. 71. Archbishop of Milan.(I've this hunch that he will be the next Pope though not my favourite candidate).

8. Cardinal Luis Anthonio G. Tagle. 55. Archbishop of Manilla. Philippines.(He is the 2nd youngest cardinal participating in this enclave, My personal favourite, I pray he's elected).

On the side note# Most likely a new pope will emerge at the end of voting tomorrow (ie thursday).
I pray that the Holy spirit may guide and direct them. AMEN!!
Re: Watch Out - One Of These Cardinals Will Likely Be The Next Pope. by IBnatty(m): 7:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
For the records, others stand a chance too. But these men stand out.
Re: Watch Out - One Of These Cardinals Will Likely Be The Next Pope. by IBnatty(m): 2:23am On Mar 14, 2013
Oh how things changed.
Re: Watch Out - One Of These Cardinals Will Likely Be The Next Pope. by tpia5: 2:41am On Mar 14, 2013
i thought it would be #4 although they generally dont choose popes from the americas, save for this time.

these are/were the colonies,
Re: Watch Out - One Of These Cardinals Will Likely Be The Next Pope. by italo: 12:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
The Holy Spirit clearly doesnt work in the same frequency as the media and analysts.

Let them keep saying rubbish.

(1) (Reply)

Do U Bliv In Spiritual Wife Or Husband? / Temperature: Evidence For A Creator 3 / He Was Taken To Heaven And Hell Over 50 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.