Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,870 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? (15189 Views)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Will The Next Pope Be The Last? / Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 04, 2012
For those who are familiar with St. Malachy vision of the popes

Ronald L. Conte Jr. who correctly predicted that the pope who would succeed Pope John Paul II would be called Pope Benedict believes Cardinal Arinze is Peter the Roman that St Malachy refered to in his prophecy.

As my regular readers know, I believe that Cardinal Arinze will be the next Pope. I’ve already explained why, at length, in my booklet: The Future and the Popes. I this post, I will answer a few additional questions on the subject.

Does the installation of 22 new Cardinals affect who will be the next Pope?

In my opinion, this appointment of new Cardinals will not change the outcome of the next papal election. There are a few reasons for this. First, almost all of the Cardinals of the Church are more conservative than the general laity. The range of opinions among Cardinals from the more liberal to the more conservative, occupies a much narrower range than among the laity, and that range is more towards the conservative end. A liberal Cardinal is probably still a conservative, from the point of view of liberal Catholic laypersons. The new Cardinals are not outside this range of opinions. So Arinze, as a conservative, would be favored by many Cardinals.

Second, while Arinze is even more conservative than many Cardinals, he will still be able to gain quite a few votes from the liberal Cardinals. Many Cardinals would like to continue the recent precedent of electing non-Italian Popes. The Church is worldwide and universal, so the Pope need not be Italian. And many Cardinals would like to extend this precedent, so that the next Pope would be non-European as well. The liberal Cardinals would prefer a Pope from the developing world. As a non-European from Africa, Cardinal Arinze would gain some votes from liberals.

Third, the current rules for electing the Pope have changed. A simple majority is no longer sufficient; two-thirds majority is necessary. So neither the liberal Cardinals, nor the conservative Cardinals, have a majority. They need to find a candidate that is acceptable to both groups. I believe that Cardinal Arinze is that candidate.

Is the next Pope the one called Peter the Roman by St. Malachy?

Yes, I believe so. We are now on the threshold of the tribulation. St. Malachy described the next Pope, the last Pope on his prophetic list of future Popes, as one who reigns during the tribulation.

Is the next Pope the last Pope ever?

No, certainly not. The next Pope is the last one on St. Malachy’s list of Popes, but he is not the last Pope ever. This is clear from the words of the Virgin Mary at La Salette, in which she describes a number of future Popes, after the tribulation begins, including a true Pope who will be a recent convert from Protestantism.

How long will the reign of the next Pope last?

The reign of the next Pope (Cardinal Arinze) will be brief. For he will die a martyr during the tribulation, perhaps as soon as 2013.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by plaetton: 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
Fantasy.
The papacy is not what you think it is.
A black man, nay, non-white will never be Pope.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by DeepSight(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
^ Same was said for a long time about the American Presidency, pal.

Anything can happen in this world.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Rich4god(m): 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
Dont know for sure, but I think Arinze is up to 80yrs. In other words, he has crossed the age of been a pope.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by GWslim(f): 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2012
The white will not allow it.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by bigmo1(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
There is one unwritten rule about the Papacy. It says "He who goes into conclave a Pope comes out a Cardinal." Simply put, the college of Cardinals will neva elect the most likely to be pope as Pope.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Cloak: 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2012
I think Cardinal Arinze is too old for the papacy though and Benedict still looks healthy as ever.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by megawax8: 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
and wats wit d prediction of sacred tins dese dayz.
people now tink cos dey hav a ryt to answered prayers,dat dey r now in total connection wit God n now say anytin dat comes to mind.
lets jst live heavenly business to d heavens!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by bisiaet: 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
Please lets stop this day dream, its either anyone believes it or not Black man will never be a pope. "FACT"
This Papacy issue is not and will never be America Obama issue its quiet far distance from each other. The guys in there in the Vatican kingdom know the game, the manipulation and the politics so guys lets just stop dreaming what is not going to happen.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Afam4eva(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
He should have been made the pope after Pope John Paul but he missed it. i think he's too old now.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by niddamugu(m): 2:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
belabela:

The reign of the next Pope (Cardinal Arinze) will be brief. For he will die a martyr during the tribulation, perhaps as soon as 2013.

Is this not obvious? We have a yet-to-die Pope. Unless he would die anytime within this year to make room for Cardinal Arinze. What do you say?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Afam4eva(m): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
That's if Cardinal Arinze does not go before him.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2012
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by faithin9ja: 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
There have been non white popes in the distant past, St Augustine was African
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Afam4eva(m): 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
faithin9ja:

There have been non white popes in the distant past, St Augustine was African

Can i see his picture?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Mobinga: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
According to Malachys prophecy, Ratzinger is supposed to be the last pope, where the hell did Arinze come from?
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by faithin9ja: 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
@afam google is your friend, type in black popes
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by halavoke: 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
Cardinal arinze is d next pope, ibori is d nxt president of naija, obj is d nxt president of uk. Abegi mak we hia word, ow all dis tak concern naija or naija's advancement.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2012
white smoke can't produce a black pope
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Arosa(m): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2012
Racism is a motherfuccker. Pope Arinze? I want to see that. grin grin grin
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by chino11(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
Cardinal Arinze is good to go in as the new pope:

Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by chino11(m): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
More images from the Anambra born Cardinal:

Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by drnoel: 3:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
plaetton:

Fantasy.
The papacy is not what you think it is.
A black man, nay, non-white will never be Pope.

U shouldn't wast words on this. Cardinal Arinze is more than 80 years and the age for nomination to the papacy is not only for candidates less than 80 yrs.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by chino11(m): 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
drnoel:

U shouldn't wast words on this. Cardinal Arinze is more than 80 years and the age for nomination to the papacy is not only for candidates less than 80 yrs.

Is not true at the bolded:

"The next Pope will be Pope Pius XIII, and he will reign at the start of the tribulation, and he will die a martyr. But which man will be this next Pope? One of the Brides of the Most Blessed Trinity had a vision of Cardinal Arinze with Pope’s hat on his head:

Claire Rose: “During this Holy Mass I had two visions. The first I saw Cardinal Francis Arinze` with the Pope’s Hat on his head. The tall hat. He was smiling! The second vision, I saw Mother Theresa of Calcutta. She, too, was smiling. Later as we were having lunch I was telling the two priests of my two visions. Fr. Jude began to smile. I was very surprised to learn that he knew both Cardinal Arinze and Mother Theresa! Only those who were present were told this.” (vision of June 1, 2003)

But if Arinze is to become Pope, he must be the next Pope, since he is advanced in age.

Cardinal Arinze will turn 79 in November of 2011. Only Cardinals under 80 years of age are permitted to vote in the papal conclave. However, there is no age limit to be elected Pope."

http://ronconte./2011/10/28/the-next-pope-cardinal-arinze-as-pope-pius-xiii/
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Emperoh(m): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2012
Let us wait for Benedict XVI to die first.
This is preposterous
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by deandavid(m): 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
how dis 1 go take, give nigeria 24/7 lite or good road nd health care. If dem like make dem give pope ibori or pope obj. D pope is a pope of d world nd nt 4 africa or nigeria, so make una no dy argue abeg. If God say na arinze so be it,if nt no problem, aftrall he wont send more mney 2 us.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by mamagee3(f): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
How many times will people say this?

I don't think he'll be the next pope, there's a high possibility he won't make it.
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by seunlayi(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
Hope this happen soon grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 05, 2012
trust those italian catholic fanatics to blow his brains out as soon as he becomes pope or Popsicle wink
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy wink

makeitsoon:

trust those italian catholic fanatics to blow his brains out as soon as he becomes pope or Popsicle wink
Re: Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? by Agimor(m): 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
Thats how it has always been.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Replaces 'Prosperity Doctrine' With 'Free Doctrine' / Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome! / Reasons Why The First Day Of The Week, Sunday Is Important To Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.