Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Niece Is Oliver Twist. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Niece Is Oliver Twist. (1372 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sniffing My Niece's Pants / My Niece Is Missing (photos) / My Niece Is Dating My Ex-boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 4:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
What is the best way to deal with a 10-yr old jss1 niece who wants money from you her uncle everytime?
She stays with her single mum and 2 other sisters..(she's the 2nd).
I am the father xmas uncle that buys them pastries & snacks, bt i realised my favorite niece wants money rather snacks now & lately, she attempts to put her hand in my pocket if i'm not forthcoming. It gets even worse the way she sticks her palm out to silently demand for money in a bid not to raise attention.
I've stopped giving her anything at all . I hope she's not copying her mum who is still a coogar.
Niece is beginning to get obnoxious these days. A pity i'm nt so close to her mum - my sister in-law.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by baby124: 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Yea, that is not a good sign and should be stamped out of her. Any agbaya can promise her money and take advantage of her. Try to teach her that money is important, but being content with what you have is better. If you tell her you dont have, then you dont have! Also find out what exactly she needs the money for so badly. Tell her mum too about what you have noticed and the possible dangers of such a behavior.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by slimyem: 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
Not cool.
Her mum is definitely not doing her job.undecided
Next time she tries that with you,squat down to her height,hold her hands and tell her it is wrong to request or demand money from strangers or whoever like that.Tell her to ask her mum or dad if she needs anything and they'll get it for her.Be stern!!
No sense in trying to be Uncle 9ice and letting her grow with such distasteful habit.
She's not too young to understand.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
@slimyem... The only negative vibe i see around her is when the mum sits in different cars to talk for hours in front of their house.
The dad comes once in a while and STILL PAYS their school fees!
Lately niece wants #50-#100 rather than the previous #5-#10. SMH.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
baby_123: Yea, that is not a good sign and should be stamped out of her. Any agbaya can promise her money and take advantage of her. Try to teach her that money is important, but being content with what you have is better. If you tell her you dont have, then you dont have! Also find out what exactly she needs the money for so badly. Tell her mum too about what you have noticed and the possible dangers of such a behavior.
unfortunately, the mum is the aggressive kind. She sees every correction as an indictment. She can hold a grudge against you for days if u do as much as snatch a dangerous item from her 2-yr old baby.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by baby124: 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
jeffizy:
unfortunately, the mum is the aggressive kind. She sees every correction as an indictment. She can hold a grudge against you for days if u do as much as snatch a dangerous item from her 2-yr old baby.

When you build a relationship with her, where you dont care how she takes things. As long as you have told her how wrong she is when she is not doing her job. She will understand that you are her best friend and her worst critic. She may act defensive, but she knows deep down that it will be an issue, if she doesnt do something about it. Just tell her, that it is no attack on her parenting skills but this child's attitude towards money is not good. She should check it fast before it becomes something else. Looks like she is too busy with boyfriends than her daughters. Maybe its a habit the daughter picked up by harassing the boyfriends for money. She thinks she can try it with any man that comes to their house. Coming from an inlaw, she will pay more attention as she wont want their dad to hear of such a behavior and start accusing her of not being a good parent. Honestly am undecided about if she is truly prepared to be a mother.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by slimyem: 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
jeffizy: @slimyem... The only negative vibe i see around her is when the mum sits in different cars to talk for hours in front of their house.
The dad comes once in a while and STILL PAYS their school fees!
Lately niece wants #50-#100 rather than the previous #5-#10. SMH.
Stop giving her anything!!Let her cry if she likes.
Her mum's ways are planting unfavourable seeds in her.Don't water it.
Its a pity she's growing up into the kind of woman who'd expect men to be responsible for her every need and who would hesitate to ask anyone seemingly friendly for money.
Bad grooming!!undecided
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by slimyem: 6:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by greatgod2012(f): 8:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
With the way you describe the whole thing, i doubt if the girl wouldnt have started stealing money from her mum's purse sef.
As a good uncle, what you can do is to correct her and let her mum be aware of it, regardless of how she's going to take it..........."kekere la ti npeka iroko, to ba dagba tan, ebo ni o maa gba",(if you dont curtail her now, she might become uncontrollabe in that aspect) pls, help her, help her mum, b4 it gets out of hand, at d end, she will thank you for it, if you leave her to her fate, shes going to develop some ridiculous habit like discontentment,, decent bara,(begi-begi, like my kids use to say), totally relying on people for financial obligations, etc.......till adulthood, which, by then, may be difficult for her to change.
May God help us all.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
With the whole setup the best thing is to move her away from that environment

The kids can not amount to anything good when they see their mom with different men everyday.

Do you think a 10yr old girl doesnt know that random strangers are taking turns fuuckingg her mom?

Probably her mates are already using it to insult her. "Iya ndagbe, baba nyowa"

Soon those 13-15yr old boys in the area looking for their first sexuall experience would start giving her money in exchange for "you know what"

One of the dangers of a single mom raising a child especially one who is perverse

3 Likes

Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by baby124: 8:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu: With the whole setup the best thing is to move her away from that environment

The kids can not amount to anything good when they see their mom with different men everyday.

Do you think a 10yr old girl doesnt know that random strangers are taking turns fuuckingg her mom?

Probably her mates are already using it to insult her. "Iya ndagbe, baba nyowa"

Soon those 13-15yr old boys in the area looking for their first sexuall experience would start giving her money in exchange for "you know what"

One of the dangers of a single mom raising a child especially one who is perverse

She has probably seen and heard her mum use all sorts of ways to get money from men. She will grow up to understand that money is more important than her body. And she will sell it very soon. Its a pity that such a woman has all girls. SMH. See when people are looking for children, these people that can destroy children are having multiple.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
baby_123:

She has probably seen and heard her mum use all sorts of ways to get money from men. She will grow up to understand that money is more important than her body. And she will sell it very soon. Its a pity that such a woman has all girls. SMH. See when people are looking for children, these people that can destroy children are having multiple.

Those women that are always quick to kick their husband out, Say If my husband snores I would divorce, If he leaves his shoes in the living room I would divorce.

Or I am enjoying my life I am free I can change men as much as I want "its my life"

Just know you have children who God has put in your charge whom you would account for.

OP Can you send those kids to your mom to live there?

Better living in the village with good morals than growing up in city to be a N20 "anfani adugbo"

For the mom, she would get what she is looking for outside soon
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
slimyem: Stop giving her anything!!Let her cry if she likes.
Her mum's ways are planting unfavourable seeds in her.Don't water it.
Its a pity she's growing up into the kind of woman who'd expect men to be responsible for her every need and who would hesitate to ask anyone seemingly friendly for money.
Bad grooming!!undecided

You just put my fear into words. I try my best to visit the kids often to augment what little time the Dad spends with them.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
@dayokanu...well said man. But the gist is that their mum is my sister-in-law. We dont gel much since she has tried few times to lead my wife ( her junior sis ) astray during our courtship years.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by baby124: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
jeffizy: @dayokanu...well said man. But the gist is that their mum is my sister-in-law. We dont gel much since she has tried few times to lead my wife ( her junior sis ) astray during our courtship years.

Let your wife warn her sister. Tell your wife about everything you have seen, and tell her to just use style to warn her sister. That she noticed it.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
@baby .123. . , thanks for the heads up.
My wife does not entertain her tendencies but the little girl manages to come at me anytime my wife is not around. She sticks out her palms at you when you just get in from work or otherwise. My wife keeps saying she has talked to her sister many times about the kids habit. So far , no changes.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
I just remembered my wife once told me that my sis-inlaw sends her daughters to their dad to make false claims to extort(?) money from their dad!
Could this be the Genesis of the bad habit?
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 10:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by greatgod2012(f): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
jeffizy: I just remembered my wife once told me that my sis-inlaw sends her daughters to their dad to make false claims to extort(?) money from their dad!
Could this be the Genesis of the bad habit?

exactly, that is d genesis. She has already imbibe it into her, different mischeviours ways of extorting money from people, she don train d girl and seems d girl don become almost perfect.....well, op, d earlier you do something about it, d better for you.
This is a lesson for us all, all those small small lies, like tell her, im not around that some parents ask their children to tell have adverse effect on them,
May God help you.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
@greatgod2012.... What if i try to get the kid to spend weekends in my place since we stay in same town with her mum?
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by greatgod2012(f): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
jeffizy: @greatgod2012.... What if i try to get the kid to spend weekends in my place since we stay in same town with her mum?

not bad!
If her mum will agree........that will even give you d opportunity of advising, encouraging and teaching d girl more on d attitude shes developing, d effect of such attitude and other general talks.
May God help you.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by obowunmi(m): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
Like mother, like daughter. Some people need to learn the hard way.

Mother's have enormous influence over their children and you can't change that.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 4:18am On Mar 14, 2013
obowunmi: Like mother, like daughter. Some people need to learn the hard way.

Mother's have enormous influence over their children and you can't change that.
It is PAINFULLY true in this case.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 4:21am On Mar 14, 2013
When you as an adult say you will buy a kid snacks when coming home , but the kid insists she wants the money instead, then you need to be worried.
I will adopt the advice i've received here. Thanks all.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 7:15am On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 9:11am On Mar 17, 2013
jeffizy: .
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
@OP do you mean your brothers wife is a coogar?
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by jeffizy(m): 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
Brand_new: @OP do you mean your brothers wife is a coogar?
It is my sister-in-law.
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 18, 2013
jeffizy:
It is my sister-in-law.
Is your brothers wife not your sister-in-law ? I'm confused o!
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by BabaOyo(m): 7:30am On Mar 18, 2013
Brand_new:
Is your brothers wife not your sister-in-law ? I'm confused o!
Is your wife's sister not your sister-in-law?
Me am not confused o!
Hahaha.....
lobatan
Re: Niece Is Oliver Twist. by BabaOyo(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2013
@Op....why not work more on ur wife if you can't handle the in-law?
Thet are sisters & I believe siblings will be more open with each other!!
If ur wife persists with her observations I believe the other will be forced at a point to sit up with the kids!!
Or better still ur wife should involve their mum!!! Grandma will surely do better!!
Olorun ma je ka bi Oliver Twist l'omo oooo....Amin!

(1) (Reply)

Man's Worst Nightmare As His Bride Gave Birth To A Dwarf / New Baby And One Year Hair Cut / Cute Photo Of Timaya's New Born Baby Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.