Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Marriage Certificate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Certificate (624 Views)

How To Legalize Nigerian Marriage Certificate / What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? / My Nigerian Marriage Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Certificate by oye1212(m): 6:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
A friend of my married 2yrs ago but till now he has nt set his eye on marriage certificate in which his wife claiming ownership,pls house who have d right to keep marriage certificate?
Re: Marriage Certificate by greatgod2012(f): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
oye1212: A friend of my married 2yrs ago but till now he has nt set his eye on marriage certificate in which his wife claiming ownership,pls house who have d right to keep marriage certificate?

its one of d wife's properties, so, its d wife that keep it.
@op, how do you know your friend has not set his eyes on d certificate, did he complain to you? is he unhappy about it? if yes, then, he has d right to ask d wife to let him see it, rather than complaining to you.
Sometimes, i wonder d type of marriages pple are into these days, simple and minor thing like this, d man cant communicate with his wife, its you friend that he is complaining to.........hhhhmmm........
May God help us all.
Re: Marriage Certificate by baby124: 11:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
Well whoever is better at keeping records. You could also try to get a copy for yourself. My dad kept all our records, passports etc. No one can run away with his kids. And that is how it is for me. I think the man, but if the woman is better at keeping records, why not? I wonder why she is hiding the certificate from him though If he wants to divorce her, if she likes she can hide it in heaven. Doesnt change a thing. All these little issues that mean nothing, and people just make a big deal out of nothing. I wonder who can live with people like that. Men life aint that serious. undecided
Re: Marriage Certificate by aadetoyin(f): 7:31am On Mar 14, 2013
Seriously is this supposed to be an issue in the house?

Sebi he saw it on the day he signed it grin grin grin
I feel there's more to this story jare. Maybe ur friend wants to file for divorce or something and so his lawyer needs it because I don't Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ any reason why this should be an issue

Anyway, the marriage certificate is usually handed over to the woman by the marriage council.
Am not sure my husband has seen ours after the day he signed so am wondering why this is an issue.
Your friend should not give himself hypertension over nothing.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The First Morals You Teach Your Children? / Can Success Deny Me True Love / Not Picking Calls From Unknown Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.