Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (35532 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=Akeud]WHY? Z.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by jmoore(m): 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
He is 76 years old, how long will he stay there?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
TheBookWorm:

I see you do not know history, but Saint Peter was the first Pope according to the Catholic Church.

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." ~ Matthew 16:18

So, from your Bible quotation you've convinced me that Saint Peter was the first Pope? Please analyze the quotation and give me the answer.

If he was the first Pope, what about the leaders of the early christian domination in Ethiopia, Greece, and most of the mediterranean that existed before Roman Catholic?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Maxymilliano(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
The archbishop of Buenos Aires is a Jesuit intellectual who travels by bus and has a practical approach to poverty: when he was appointed a cardinal, Bergoglio persuaded hundreds of Argentinians not to fly to Rome to celebrate with him but instead to give the money they would have spent on plane tickets to the poor.

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Abrantie: 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
TheBookWorm:

The Catholic Church is much bigger than your parochial interest. I could care less if the Pope was from Asia, Latin America, Europe or Africa. As long as he leads the Church to greater heights.
Please explain this "lead us to greater heights".

For all I know, the pope pretty much just sits at the vatican most of the time and then rides around in a contraptiion called the pope mobile and waves to crowds. Pray tell, so what exactly does the pope do that really impacts your daily life?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by PastorAji(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
I read through NL and I dey laugh........
But wait Pope Francis? Is that name not chosen to compensate Baba Francis wey no dey eligible?
Well.....as a former Catholic I greet all Catholics
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by vanstanzy(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
gunner4life: the prophecy about d last pope being peter d roman was false afterall!

Now don't tell me u believed all THAT FAIRY TALE CONSPIRACY?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
jmoore: He is 76 years old, how long will he stay there?

you wan kill am undecided
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by TheBookWorm: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
donedy:

So, from your Bible quotation you've convinced me that Saint Peter was the first Pope? Please analyze the quotation and give me the answer.

If he was the first Pope, what about the leaders of the early christian domination in Ethiopia, Greece, and most of the mediterranean that existed before Roman Catholic?

I am talking about Catholic doctrine teaches us that Saint Peter was the first Pope. Is it that hard to comprehend?

Btw, you do know that Saint Peter was one of the Twelve Disciples of Jesus?

He was there from the beginning, way before there was any Christian communities in Ethiopia, Greece or the rest of the Mediterranean.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by informat101(f): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
May God bless the pope and help him carry out his work effectively..the task ahead of him is tough.I pray God sees him through.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by funkymedina: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
Africans should go back to thier roots. Even the so called south american is white of european descent
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
grin cheesy
kcjazz: He is actually Italian decent! Congrats to the Catholic church. At least something different for Argentina apart from Messi
grin
kcjazz: He is actually Italian decent! Congrats to the Catholic church. At least something different for Argentina apart from Messi
ahahahahahah
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Trueigbo: 8:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
TB joshua no fit predict dis one

Lol
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Galaxydon1(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
he will soon retire due to old age..... We need young blood not old men.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
Dawn of a New Era in the Papacy, May Divinity strengthen the Catholic Faith for their meticulous role in world peace, charity and world's education. May Divine Spirit bless Benedict XVI even as he continues his prayers at the Monastery. May Divine Light illuminate our beings and elevate our consciousness even to realms beyond the third dimension. And to you oh Blessed Mary, We beg you oh Holy Mother to continue to pray for us all even in the our of our death. I felicitate with all catholics this moment.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by jmoore(m): 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
free2ryhme:

you wan kill am undecided

Did anyone kill pope Benedict that resigned? undecided
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
MOD y shld u delet my last post .. you no dey fear
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Maxymilliano(m): 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
In his first speech in Italian, he joked with the rain-soaked crowd before delivering his blessing, saying: "As you know the duty of the conclave is to give Rome a bishop. It seems that my brother cardinals went almost to the end of the world."

“Pray for me and I will see you soon," he told the crowd, asking them to pray for his predecessor Benedict XVI, who abdicated on Feb. 28. "Have a good evening and rest well.”
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Symphony007: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Why all the surprise and chatter? We all knew it will be an old white guy. And the church did'nt disappiont, they maintained the status quo. So much for change!!!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
jmoore:

Did anyone kill the pope Benedict that resigned? undecided

do u have problem with the guys age
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Policewoman(f): 9:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
Who hid my post? I go shoot u o!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by BrutusOj(m): 9:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
extension: Black,black and black pope where are you? Another hope dashed.
What has d skin color to do wit d ruling or leading d Catholic Church world wide?or has Obama a black man from poor kenya beta d lives of dose on d african soil?what has GEJ done so special for Bayelsans since he asumed office? Evrytin we wana bring in sentiment..Tel me how a Black man beign made d Pope wud change how d catholics worship God?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
Policewoman: Who hid my post? I go shoot u o!

u don see gun before
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by jmoore(m): 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
free2ryhme:

do u have problem with the guys age

why these "bumper to bumper" replies ?

according to BBC "Many observers were also expecting a younger pope to be elected." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21777494
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Abrantie: 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
BrutusOj: What has d skin color to do wit d ruling or leading d Catholic Church world wide?or has Obama a black man from poor kenya beta d lives of dose on d african soil?what has GEJ done so special for Bayelsans since he asumed office? Evrytin we wana bring in sentiment..Tel me how a Black man beign made d Pope wud change how d catholics worship God?
Okay, let me answer your question with a question:

If skin color has nothing to do with ruling the richest Christian denomination in the world, why don't they elect a black pope?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by meedx: 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
wandeykul: Congrats father
You meant POPE?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by winkay: 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congratulations to His Holiness, Pope Francis I. A great thing to the whole world
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
donedy:

dis ur question does not make sence.d fact remains dat saint peter was d 1st pope.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / Sanctions Must Be Placed On Nigeria After Christian Persecution - UK Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.