Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (35521 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Arysexy:

No is Peter Obi! are u ok?

then your pope chronology is a scam by an ibo man ... and u expect me to belive this human conjured trash ... The only peter i know is the disciple of Jesus and any other one is a conjured deceit by man to gratify that brainwashing cravings
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Arysexy(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
thehomer: Hmm is the new pope the antichrist? Lets take a look at the numbers. The pope was chosen on 13/3/13. If you subtract 1 from the thirteens you get 12/3/12. Now adding the ones together gives you two i.e 1 + 1 = 2. Now divide the twelves by two you get 6/3/6 and multiply the three by two, you get 6/6/6. Such a result is very suspicious.

Therefore, the new pope may actually be the antichrist. So enjoy your latest pope and hope he doesn't bring about the end times. lipsrsealed cry

Mathematical conspiracist have u taken ur nyt drug? Prof ur maths no get pattern or formular?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
league11:

ITS A CAPITAL LIE, PETER WAS CRUCIFIED UPSIDE DOWN AND BIBLE NEVER SAID OF PETER BEING POPE. BACK UP UR CLAIM IN D BIBLE OR SHUT UP WITH THIS CHILDISH STORY
According to catholic church doctrines St Peter was the first Pope
and his remains are supposedly buried inside the Vatican, how they arrived at this conclusion
is still a mystery to me.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
femmyb:
According to catholic church doctrines St Peter was the first Pope
and his remains are supposedly buried inside the Vatican, how they arrived at this conclusion
is still a mystery to me.

i laugh at this: buried inside vatican. Was there a catholic church in the days of peter ... who was cruciifed upside down and his mother in law was healed by jesus christ thus making him a married man became the head of celibate men known as pope ... i laugh in greece.. when has the catholic church doctrines become the bible or word of God ... why can they just see the obvious lies being concocted here

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by IYANGBALI: 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs: Will there ever be a black pope? embarassed
yes when you grow up
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Btruth: 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs: Will there ever be a black pope? embarassed

Ask google.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Gistwitherico(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
soe: how does this stop JONAThan Badluck from stealing our money? How does this stop Alams from becoming head of NDDC? How does this stop Anenih and co from sharing our oil money? How does this give boko haram amnesty..yet its on the frontpage..ok..4th to comment sha o
how dare u insult ur president and bring him so low to a 'badluck' 4 the nation. U are absolutely part of the problem in this country- no respect nd unpatriotism!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congratulations!

Where is your fisherman's ring,pope?!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Mishydoo(m): 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mcleo007:

Its either you are silly or your simply trying to be. Every organisation or institution has a leader.

...Keep decieving urslfs!Freaking Idolaters!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by bee444: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
I guess the term " if its not white it ain't right" still echoes in the minds of the rest of the world.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by COOLDUN: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
tyson55: Welcome pope Francise the 1st

He actually came 2nd in 2005 when Joseph Ratzinger was elected.

He deserves it then, let the honors be given to those who honors are due for.Big congratulations to him and all the Catholic members in the whole world. Peace, Love and Glory of the lord be upon us all IJN. Amen.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by PearlyJay(f): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2013
Welcome Papa. You will reign with the wisdom of the Blessed Trinity. May God bless and keep U under the mantle of His eternal love. We are solidly behind you, Your Holiness.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2013
Yes! Its Peter as in Simon Peter. He was later killed by the Romans, and buried in Rome. His tomb is still there.
free2ryhme:

is the peter above the peter of jesus a disciple? abeg una don start ooo how did peter became a pope and who confirm him the papacy
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2013
In an Era when Christianity is commercialized, the Catholic Faith stands tall as a Spiritual Liahona, giving hope to the poor, setting up schools and educating the world on exemplary act of peace. Their stance on Abortion, Gay Marriage and Celibacy remains uncompromised. Kudos to all steadfast Catholics. Glory to Infinity! - Spirit of All; The Power of One!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by bunmila(f): 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
AKobo4urthought:

And I don't believe in following a leader, I lead myself. I don't have to answer to anyone other than my maker. If your comfortable with being a follower, well that is your own palava but that sure doesnt make me "silly"
Well then why not be a nice leader and lead your self right back to you own business rather than commenting on things that so obviously do not concern you

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ada Nri1: Yes! Its Peter as in Simon Peter. He was later killed by the Romans, and buried in Rome. His tomb is still there.

was he killed as a pope or as a disciple of christ .. and when he was buried was he buried as a pope or a just like any commoner
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by bunmila(f): 12:01am On Mar 14, 2013
free2ryhme:

u make sense sha but which formulae be dis
Why would you subtract 1 from the 13s in the first place? Very illogical
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 12:05am On Mar 14, 2013
bunmila:
Why would you subtract 1 from the 13s in the first place? Very illogical

u sure lack a sense of humour
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by TableLeg(m): 12:07am On Mar 14, 2013
angry
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by AKobo4urthought: 12:09am On Mar 14, 2013
bunmila:
Well then why not be a nice leader and lead your self right back to you own business rather than commenting on things that so obviously do not concern you

Right after you bro.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 14, 2013
Mishydoo:

...Keep decieving urslfs!Freaking Idolaters!

It may interest you to know that the bible was initially put together by the Holy Catholic Church - which you despise so much - some 300 odd years after the death of Christ. Therefore the Body of Christ was in existence for many generations after Christ was crucified, without any bible in the book form you have today. So, unlike you, our faith and traditions are only supported by the bible not defined by it alone.

The fact that you chose to ignore the faith and traditions of the early christians which helped propagate the belief you proclaim today - probably because it does not fit your idea of worship based on your superficial understanding - does not mean you should pollute this thread in the manner you did.

The Church was here before you and will be here long after you are gone. Come Lord Jesus, we thirst for you.

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by aggiel: 12:14am On Mar 14, 2013
God bless the papacy, Mary, queen of clergy pls pray for them.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Paentera(m): 12:19am On Mar 14, 2013
TheBookWorm: The world is definitely progressing.

Pope Francis is the first Pope not from Europe since the first Pope, Saint Peter.

Actually there have been three popes from Africa. Peter himself settled in Rome and was originally from Galilee (so you're right about that).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by pekelepekele(m): 12:27am On Mar 14, 2013
SORRY IF AM WRONG GUYS BUT I NOTICED A WEDDING RING!!!

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 12:40am On Mar 14, 2013
free2ryhme:

was he killed as a pope or as a disciple of christ .. and when he was buried was he buried as a pope or a just like any commoner
like I wrote earlier, "pope" is not an official tittle. But, yes! Peter was killed as a leader of the church then. It didn't stop his fellow brothers in christ to continue evangelising. Please even if you are not a catholic there is smth called church history. I think you'll like reading it. It'll give you a better idea.most of the things you are disputing here is not even the bone of contention between Catholics and protestants. They already know those ones to be true
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 14, 2013
Blackwind:

It may interest you to know that the bible was initially put together by the Holy Catholic Church - which you despise so much - some 300 odd years after the death of Christ. Therefore the Body of Christ was in existence for many generations after Christ was crucified, without any bible in the book form you have today. So, unlike you, our faith and traditions are only supported by the bible not defined by it alone.

The fact that you chose to ignore the faith and traditions of the early christians which helped propagate the belief you proclaim today - probably because it does not fit your idea of worship based on your superficial understanding - does not mean you should pollute this thread in the manner you did.

The Church was here before you and will be here long after you are gone. Come Lord Jesus, we thirst for you.
free2rhyme, this is for you.
free2ryhme:

please read about the history of Christianity, not only the Holy Catholic church
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 12:57am On Mar 14, 2013
Ada Nri1: like I wrote earlier, "pope" is not an official tittle. But, yes! Peter was killed as a leader of the church then. It didn't stop his fellow brothers in christ to continue evangelising. Please even if you are not a catholic there is smth called church history. I think you'll like reading it. It'll give you a better idea.most of the things you are disputing here is not even the bone of contention between Catholics and protestants. They already know those ones to be true

which one be leader which one be pope? killed as a leader where does the pope now comes in ? Since pope is not an official title why use title for him as the first pope and it is still in use till date ... we no be mugu ooo ...

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 1:01am On Mar 14, 2013
Ada Nri1: ....

the bible was put together by the catholic church under the power of the holy spirit .... Do you think it was ordinary .. God knows what he was doing when all dat happened. There were certain section still withheld by the catholic till day call the deuteronomical verses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / Sanctions Must Be Placed On Nigeria After Christian Persecution - UK Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.