Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (35974 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
BrutusOj: What has d skin color to do wit d ruling or leading d Catholic Church world wide?or has Obama a black man from poor kenya beta d lives of dose on d african soil?what has GEJ done so special for Bayelsans since he asumed office? Evrytin we wana bring in sentiment..Tel me how a Black man beign made d Pope wud change how d catholics worship God?

so u are saying for all you black are worth u cant be considered for POPE position
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by iamtrending: 9:10pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congrats my Holy Father

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
jmoore:

why these "bumper to bumper" replies ?

according to BBC "Many observers were also expecting a younger pope to be elected." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21777494

were their opinion ever necessary in the choice of the new pope?. Just like you said ""observers"", what do you think observers functions are .. Just look and see nothing more
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by kiyosaki1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Pope Francis I, the former
Cardinal Jorge Mario
Bergoglio of Buenos Aires,
is a priest of holinesss and
tremendous modesty of
manner – a man who, until now, has taken the bus to work. His
challenge is clear. He needs to learn
from Benedict XVI's greatest success –
and his greatest failure. The success
was the restoration of reverent,
mystical worship to the centre of Catholic life, an achievement that
has inspired a dynamic generation of
young Catholics. The failure was
Benedict's inability to reform the
corrupt structures of the Roman curia,
which should be recognised as the rotten core of the abuse crisis, and
which is likely to have loomed large as
an issue in the conclave. The historic
decision to choose a Pope from the
New World will perhaps make that
task easier. 20.37 (19.37) He begins with a small joke saying that his brother cardinals
had gathered to pick a bishop of Rome
"and they have chosen one from far
away but here I am." He then asks for
prayers for his living predecessor. First and foremost I would like
to pray for our emeritus Pope
Benedict XVI that Christ and
the Madonna watch over him. He continues: Let us begin this journey
together, this journey for the
Roman Catholic Church. It's a
journey of friendship and love and faith between us. Let us pray for
one another, let us pray for all the
world. Then he asks the crowd to be silent
for a moment and pray for him as he
accepts this new position. 20.35 (19.25) The curtains open and Pope Francis I, clad in white, appears on the balcony of St Peter's. He is very
still giving only small waves to the
screaming crowd in front and looks
reflective as he stares at the mass of
humanity in front of him. -

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by dulphines: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Harbemus Papam! Nothing is impossible. After the election of Benedict XVI, this very pope may have lost hope of becoming the catholic pontiff in his life time but God knows best. Your situation or condition can change anytime, be hopeful always.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by hbrednic: 9:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
GOD BLESS ARGENTINA AND THE NEW POPE

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by league11(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Fisherman.com:
dis ur question does not make sence.d fact remains dat saint peter was d 1st pope.

ITS A CAPITAL LIE, PETER WAS CRUCIFIED UPSIDE DOWN AND BIBLE NEVER SAID OF PETER BEING POPE. BACK UP UR CLAIM IN D BIBLE OR SHUT UP WITH THIS CHILDISH STORY
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by ZUBY77(m): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nobody should be expecting a black pope after seeing a white smoke

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by jmoore(m): 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
free2ryhme:

were their ever opinion necessary in the choice of the new pope.. Just like you said ""observers"", what do you think observers functions are .. Just look and see nothing more

you like to argue when there is no need to. case closed!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
jmoore:

you like to argue when there is no need to. case closed!

y shld I, My guy ? i am only responding
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
winkay: Congratulations to His Holiness, Pope Francis I. A great thing to the whole world

bros to the catholic world .. pls .. not ever xtian subcribe to the mentally of a pope

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
league11:

ITS A CAPITAL LIE, PETER WAS CRUCIFIED UPSIDE DOWN AND BIBLE NEVER SAID OF PETER BEING POPE. BACK UP UR CLAIM IN D BIBLE OR SHUT UP WITH THIS CHILDISH STORY
the word "pope" is a nickname. St. Peter was the first leader of the church. He was the first anointed bishop of Rome. Jesus Christ in Matthew said to Peter "you are Peter, upon you I shall build my church, and the Gates of hell shall not prevail over it.
We pray for the Holy father, Pope Francis, that God will bless him with all that he needs to lead the Holy church of God and win more souls to our Almighty father

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by MATUREZEE: 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congratulations Catholic Church, congrats Pope Francis 1.
U re welcome with open palms
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by vanstanzy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
warrior101: "Forgive me father for I have sinned."

Your sins are forgiven my child. For you penance say, 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys, 7 Glory be... and read Psalm 51 2

times. Go and sin no more! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Richy4(m): 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
jackbauersballs: Will there ever be a black pope? embarassed

it will not be really bad to have a black pope but if we do, u will see how CNN,BBC Aljazeera operate. ever since other popes has been elected, have you ever seen them digging out their brothers and sisters wherever they are? try a black pope, they will go to one slum and dig out his distant uncle, Aunt and a nephew in prison. all just to ridicule the race.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
Argentina now has the No1 Catholic, and No1 footballer, on the planet. #Bergoglio #Messi
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Trueigbo: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
league11:

He has given u a qoutation where Jesus said on this rock(peter) I shall build my church n u said it wasn't enough.

See what Jesus told peter here:

John 21:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by innersecret(f): 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
Wowww I saw him took the oat,am happy for him.congrat
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by farem: 9:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
TheBookWorm: The world is definitely progressing.

Pope Francis is the first Pope not from Europe since the first Pope, Saint Peter.

[color=#990000]
Saint Peter, the first pope? Who says? He was married (Jesus healed his mother in law). He never based in Rome, never wrote to Romans, never had any serious issues pertainin to Rome, never died in Rome. How come you are forcing him in as the first Roman catholic pope?

3 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Gluckdude(m): 9:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
guys please, whats the work/contribution/function of the pope to the world in general as their hype is getting too much for me to comprehend.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
farem: [color=#990000]
Saint Se7dr Peter, the first pope? Who says? He was married (Jesus healed his mother in law). He never based in rome, never wrote to romans, never had any serious issues pertainin to rome, never died in rome. How come you are forcing him in as the first roman catholic pope?

bros help me ask them wellu wellu ooooo.. we read our bible and we know the truth

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Smartluv(m): 9:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
congrats to him pope Francis 1. To God be d Glory
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by flexshop(m): 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio has been elected the new Pope. He has chosen the papal name Pope Francis I. Here are the facts:-- He staunchly opposes gay marriage and abortion-- He's from Argentina -- He's 76 years old-- He's the son of Italian immigrants-- He's the first Latin-American pope ... and the first from the Americas -- He's known for his advocacy on behalf of the poor, primarily in his home country Story developing

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by musiwa19: 9:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
he most know how to play football.. i hope. congrat.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Cheks01(f): 9:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Thank u Jesus! May God give him d wisdom n grace 2 lead us well, thro Christ our Lord. Amen! Long live d Catholic church!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Trueigbo: 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
free2ryhme:

bros help me ask them wellu wellu ooooo.. we read our bible and we know the truth

Peter was married before Jesus met him. That was why he asked Jesus what will be there reward for leaving their wives n family to follow him

Open ur eyes n stop looking for reason to counter the church. Ur view does not matter n will never change anytin. Good nite

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by theozobby(m): 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
God bless the pope!!!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Performs Magic With Fire At Diamond Bank Pay Show, Abuja (Video) / Pastor Adeboye Visits Kaduna RCCG Members Freed From Kidnappers / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.