Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die (35523 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:46am On Jan 16, 2022
Founder and presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide, a.k.a Winners’ Chapel International, David Oyedepo has banned followers not to name the church after him.

He said the church belongs to Jesus, not him.

“After I go at a very ripe old age which I know God has the plan for me, let no man here name anything here after me because the owner never dies”, Oyedepo said in a sermon published today by Church Gist.

The renowned cleric said this Sunday while preaching that breakaway churches don’t thrive.

According to Oyedepo, he is not a church giver and warned against immortalising him in the church.

“Don’t try it, it’s not God’s will it’s not God’s plan.

“People die before they share their will in any term but this man never dies. So who will now give you the will to read?

“Lawyers, do you read the will when the man is still alive.

“You can’t divide anybody goods till after his death and and Jesus the owner of the church ever liveth. So where will you divide his lit, that time won’t come”.

Oyedepo said he once received a request from a resigning pastor to gift him a church branch.

He said he declined the request.

According to him he would have lost the Winners Chapel ministry forever if he obliged to the pastors request because the church doesn’t belong to him.

“One of our pastors resigned in those days and I said if there’s anything in getting started in your ministry, he said I want you to give me the church that I’m pastor. I said it’s not my own.

“You have no power to give what is not yours. I can’t give you the church it’s not my own.

“I told him to ask for any other thing, I’m not a church giver. I would have lost this ministry forever,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/01/16/dont-name-anything-after-me-in-winners-chapel-when-i-die-bishop-oyedepo/%3famp=1

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by slivertongue: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
After I go at a very ripe old age which I know God has the plan for me, let no man here name anything here after me because the owner never dies”,

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by slivertongue: 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
“You can’t divide anybody goods till after his death and and Jesus the owner of the church ever liveth. So where will you divide his lit, that time won’t come”.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by slivertongue: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
“You have no power to give what is not yours. I can’t give you the church it’s not my own."

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by ABIODUN105(m): 1:51pm On Jan 16, 2022
God bless you papa

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by YorubaKing: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
Who cares? When you don kpain, go and enjoy ur private jets in wherever you end up.

Since he knows how foolish and gullible his mugus could be. grin

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by Baawaa(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jesus is not in the CofO of cananland"s land papers and Jesus is not appeared in the CAC documents of the church.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by TheSameGuy(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by BruncleZuma: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by NwaNimo1(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by visijo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Message for today.

Only slim people will enter heaven. The Bible said narrow is the way. If you're thick or fat or whatever, forget abourit.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by Bdugod: 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
That is high level of humility

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by potbelly(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Bishop!! cool

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by Goldbw122(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Wisdom

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by Ropostic120(m): 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
He is such a great man of God
When he had nothing when he started, he had been saying he wouldn't ever be poor.
He said he wouldn't ever be a local champion.
Today He and TD Jakes are the richest pastors on earth.
They continue to criticize him but that has never diminished him a bit. His haters will just die in anger and frustration.
If you don't know my STORY, don't criticize my GLORY.
This man has paid his due in the Spirit realm.
He gave his life to Christ when he was very young at 15 in 1969 before most of his haters were born.
He used the whole days of 1987 to fast.
He never missed a day without fasting and praying in 1987 and now you see the foolish idiots and atheists saying rubbish about this great man of God.

Cursed children they are.
They know nothing about what they are speaking against and God will angrily judge them.

121 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by DominionGreat: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
God bless you papa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by chigoziri2403(m): 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
Why should a church be named after any individual

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by kolnel: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
lol
scammer
thats for his numerous dimwit blind followers.

the church belongs to him and his family.
his kids name are on the deeds.

don't be fooled by the haggard looking, white suit wearing scammer.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by pofofid: 6:03pm On Jan 16, 2022
Says a Pastorpreneur

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by TemmyDayo50(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Because the owner never die...

Papa smart well well grin... E dey indirectly let whoever wan know know say na him get the church and after e comot, na still him/kids/generation get am and not any organisation or so grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by Candidlady: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by BabaCommander: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
True words,

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by iCauseTrouble: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by drlateef: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
That’s very understandable. Tithe and private jets can not be of any use in the grave.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by Praktikals(m): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
shocked
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by smile11s(m): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
Lol

Scammer

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by gulfer: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
So you mean your family will not inherit the church if so, commendable.... cool cool cool cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by Bimpe29: 6:06pm On Jan 16, 2022
YorubaKing:
Who cares? When you don kain, go and enjoy ur private jets in wherever you end up.

Since he knows how foolish and gullible his mugus could be. grin
Haba! He is an elderly person for crying out loud, fool is really abusive.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die by drlateef: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
That’s understandable. Tithe and private jets, including naming an auditorium after you cannot help you in the grave.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Sanctions Must Be Placed On Nigeria After Christian Persecution - UK Group / 208 Names Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.