Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri (11240 Views)

1.4m Nigerian Youths To Be Recruited As Traffic Wardens? / NAME THEM - Nigerian Traffic Wardens In London Causing Havoc (UK LASTMA) / Igp Detains Traffic Wardens Over Uncomplimentry Comments Against Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by apala911: 2:20am On Mar 14, 2013
Palpable fear has gripped Delta State following the invasion of Warri this morning by gunmen who killed at least seven officials of the Nigeria Prisons Service.
It was gathered that the bloody incident took place at about nine o’clock in the morning when the vehicles in which the prison warders were conveying some of the prison inmates to court was attacked at the Okere Roundabout in Warri.

Sources said that four of the prisons officials were killed on the spot when the gunmen suddenly opened fire on their vehicle.  Three other officials were said to be lying critically hurt in an undisclosed hospital in the area following gunshot wounds they received during their gun battle with the attackers.

The armed gang were said to have operated with two vehicles which they parked at the ever-busy roundabout unknown to the prison officials.
Police authorities, confirming the report, said that the gunmen laid an ambush for the court-bound van.

The Okere Roundabout, which is normally busy with human and vehicular traffic, is situated about 200 meters from the Warri Prison in the heart of the oil-rich city of Warri, the administrative headquarters of Warri South Local Government Area of Delta State.

Speaking to our reporter, the Warri Area Commander, Mr. Hussaini Rabiu, said information available to the police showed that two prison wardens and a court-bound suspect were killed instantly when the gunmen launched the attack.

According to Mr. Rabiu, three other prison officials who were shot were being treated in an undisclosed hospital.  He further stated that three of the prison inmates who fled with the attackers after the encounter had been re-arrested by the police and handed over to the Prisons Department in Warri.
Saharareporters learnt that the sporadic shooting during the attack created panic and had people running for dear life.

An eyewitness told our reporter that some morning worshipers at the Sacred Heart Catholic Cathedral also ran for cover as no one knew exactly what the shooting was all about.
http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/panic-delta-gunmen-invade-warri-seven-prison-warders-killed
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by wesley80(m): 5:30am On Mar 14, 2013
I would've said first to comment but I'm not sure my Oga at the top would allow me, ahem that's all!

12 Likes

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Jakumo(m): 5:39am On Mar 14, 2013
Apala man. Please explain how you dance to Haruna Isola tunes, since we are on the subject.

Do you outstretch your arms under the folds of your flowing gown, like a giant bird of prey, and undulate them to the syncapated beat in a subdued flapping motion, or do you bend at the waist and spin round to punctuate key phrases of the song, while swigging palm wine or Oguro from a calabash grasped in one hand.

Kindly elaboarate on your personal Apala MODALITY, as enquiring minds want to know. It is only after this preliminaty report is filed that other readers will be permitted to comment on your news report.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Student come and dance our music
Apala is very easy, f'eni-keni

Tiwa yato si t'awon ajo, gbani l'oju
I am ferry sorry, kiin se, pe abu won.

1 Like

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by MrGarri1: 6:24am On Mar 14, 2013
Jakumo: Apala man. Please explain how you dance to Haruna Isola tunes, since we are on the subject.

Do you outstretch your arms under the folds of your flowing gown, like a giant bird of prey, and undulate them to the syncapated beat in a subdued flapping motion, or do you bend at the waist and spin round to punctuate key phrases of the song, while swigging palm wine or Oguro from a calabash grasped in one hand.

Kindly elaboarate on your personal Apala MODALITY, as enquiring minds want to know. It is only after this preliminaty report is filed that other readers will be permitted to comment on your news report.

What da heck are you saying...nigga??

You Mad bro??

11 Likes

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by wesley80(m): 7:13am On Mar 14, 2013
Mr. Garri.:

What da heck are you saying...nigga??

You Mad bro??

I lend my voice in asking as well.
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Tolexander: 7:26am On Mar 14, 2013
That is the outcome of pardon!

The president pardoned some ex convicts.
Armed Robbers went to the prison to pardon some of the prisoners.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 14, 2013
Jakumo: Apala man. Please explain how you dance to Haruna Isola tunes, since we are on the subject.

Shhhhh He is just coming out from the bush where he went to smoke weiwei please can somebody quickly get the rope before he runs away

13 Likes

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by JUO(m): 9:46am On Mar 14, 2013
I DEY THERE WHEN THE THING HAPPEN, THE GUN SHOT NO BE MOIMI, NO BE PERSON TELL ME TO DRIVE FORMULA 1

4 Likes

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by dady12: 9:47am On Mar 14, 2013
as far as GEJ can pardon looters in aso rock,arm robbers and kidnapper can pardon prisoners,what a fail stat!
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by dridowu: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2013
Insecurity in my dear country , God please save us
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2013
everywhr gunmen is atackin, shootin and killin....dis 'gunmen' should jus cumout and tak over d policin job and let our so called police men including the ogas at the top go and rest..from the airport to warri..nawaoo
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Jabia(m): 9:55am On Mar 14, 2013
This is quite sad for me. My lecturer was killed as a spinoff of this madness yesterday. My class and school (PTI, Warri) still remains in shock.
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by vallycan: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2013
Area!area! I dey hailooo,na only for warri na him tins lik dis d happen,una tyte i salute una de only riotic place wre cripples,handicap and two yrs old people are suspects not be joke wit:
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Leemak: 9:56am On Mar 14, 2013
'Local Pardon' by Gang Council
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by SamConquer(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2013
wesley80: I would've said first to comment but I'm not sure my Oga at the top would allow me, ahem that's all!
. . . . . .I trust Naija na. . .Very Soon This ''Oga At The Top'' Will Flood Nairaland And Naija Street If Am Lying Ask My Oga At The Top

1 Like

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by honeric01(m): 10:05am On Mar 14, 2013
are the gunmen boko haram the pdp northern militia arm or pdp southern militia arm known as mend? Which one of these did this?

Rip to the dead, you were used as collateral damage as usual.
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by condralbede(m): 10:05am On Mar 14, 2013
What a sad story!may there soul rest in the bossom of d lord almighty...Amen.
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 14, 2013

how can you defend yourself that you are not mad?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Akwenukemarho(m): 10:13am On Mar 14, 2013
WAIT, WAIT, I can not categorically state what happened in warri, and I don't want to announce one thing, and MY OGA AT THE TOP will now say another thing, but if you want to know more about what happened you can visit our website, WW.nscdc I believe we all know that the dot com is silent, so no need mentioning that, DAZ ALL,
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Daewoods(m): 10:21am On Mar 14, 2013
The operation wasnt supposed to be today,
am coming, Let me ask MY OGA AT THE TOP what happened. grin grin grin
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by OGAATTHETOP1: 10:23am On Mar 14, 2013
wesley80: I would've said first to comment but I'm not sure my Oga at the top would allow me, ahem that's all!

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO WITH THE INCINDENCE IN WARRI? DO YOU SEE NSCDC STAFF THERE, OR IS THAT NOT PRISON WARDER THEY SAY? YOU SMALL BOYS WOULD NOT LET US REST, YOU MUST DRAG NSCDC INTO THINGS THAT WE DONT KNOW. I WILL TAKE ACTION AGAINST THIS FORUM IF THIS YOU PEOPLE DO NOT DESITED FROM FURTHER SPOILING MY NAME AND MY ORGANAZATION NAME/

1 Like

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by blackbeau1(f): 10:31am On Mar 14, 2013
Its delta state and things like this happen all the time so,they shouldn't be scared or surprised
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2013
My OGA in the top likes garri and lives in warri so I just pray this shooting did not affect him!
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Sweetapple007(f): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2013
This is bad, this people work wit information
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by franchizy(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2013
Pls wen do dis Happens
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by lordZOUGA(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2013

I like the way you express yourself.
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by gen2briz(m): 10:39am On Mar 14, 2013
Pls let GEJ padone the boko boys ooo
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by abbeylincon(m): 10:44am On Mar 14, 2013
This is a serious embarrassment! If this kind of incidence can take place at a city in broad daylight successfully!
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by scobaba: 10:49am On Mar 14, 2013
Jabia: This is quite sad for me. My lecturer was killed as a spinoff of this madness yesterday. My class and school (PTI, Warri) still remains in shock.

What's d connection between d incidence and d deatth of ur lecturer.

The report also said the guys have been re arrested. LIE kill dat police. I was not there, but eye witnesses said 'prison break' dey learn.

1 Like

Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by ELgordo(m): 10:49am On Mar 14, 2013
Dang# that's gangsta! Some real live movie sh*t! Its real ugly
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by Costa2000(m): 10:56am On Mar 14, 2013

Chie this one don enter market finish.Say no to BATH SALT.
Re: 7 Prison Wardens Killed In Warri by bibiking1(m): 10:59am On Mar 14, 2013
Jakumo the great! You have awoken from your hibernation to find out the world has moved faster than you anticipated post-hibernation... The Apala you so love and adore has been replaced by funny sounding steps like 'azonto' and 'etighi'.. We do not wear three piece traditional attires (Agbada) to parties anymore, one has to force his corpulent self into tight fitting jeans and skimpy shirts, lest we are spoken off as grandfathers while still in our prime. I plead with you to show some restraint to the rather demeaning riposte to your earlier comment from our younger friends... They have little patience for intelligence these days... I implore you to adapt quickly...

Please more importantly, always remember to pay your reverence to 'our' oga at the top! Welcome brother!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Saw In Onitsha Today: Nnamdi Kanu Vs Muhammadu Buhari / 2023 Polls: Lagos Is Ensnared And Captured - Bode George / The true meaning of the word Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.