Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Who Is Truly The Giant Of Africa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Truly The Giant Of Africa? (439 Views)

Buhari Is Truly Brain Dead, Fani-kayode Insists / What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa / Woe! To Nigerian Government. Ghana Is Now The Giant Of Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Truly The Giant Of Africa? by shawn5ng(m): 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
I woke up this morning and I ask my self this question. Who is truly the giant of Africa. Right from my childhood till now that am 35 all I hear is Nigeria is the giant of Africa but yet things are not working for us in the country. The unemployment rate is high, no power. Things are not just working well and yet they said we are d giant of Africa.
Is Nigeria truly the giant of Africa? What of South Africa of yesterday and the world seems to recognize them as the giant of Africa.
Let's hear your opinion too.
Re: Who Is Truly The Giant Of Africa? by daywatcher: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
Economically, Nigeria is a giant. But when it comes to developmental indexes, there is nothing to be proud of. Even South Africa than is often seen as the ideal model has many internal problems and the wealth inequalities are staggering. My opinion is, based on the level of absolute poverty in almost all African countries, nobody has the right to be called a 'giant'. That is when you consider what it really means to be a 'giant of a continent'.

(1) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha Is Qualified For 2015 Elections – Presidency / CBN To Protect Banks From Internet Frauds, Cybercrimes / What Lesson Do You Learn From FG Pardons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.