Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? (4342 Views)

Divorce An Act Worthy Of Celebration? / Are Today's Mothers Doing Enough To Protect The Female Child? / Are Today's Mothers Doing Enough To Protect The Female Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by juman(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2013
There is no elder in nigeria. We just have old people.

That's why we have directionless country.
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by YorubaOmoge: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=18pt]The kind of elders I can't stand are the ones that demand "respect" when they're not even worthy of it. Jeez.

As per the topic. . . . only Nigerians would ask this question. Emulating who?. . . .. plz abeg.. . .We're in the creative/innovative era. Originality and Uniqueness wanted.
[/size]
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by Popowaa: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Some of the elders re worthy to be emulated like my mother. but i wish all men or boys would emulate the elders who re mugus
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by Jyde89: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
with elder's like IBB, OBJ, and the mentor of our oga @ the top who was recently granted state pardon; your guess is as good as mine. One of the greatest menace we'er still batteling in this country is lack of good role model's.... Baba Adeboye is an exception sha, my candid opinion, if una like quote me.
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
I don't see many of these our so called elders emulators. All u can do is just do what is right the mind is a very great thing it tells u when u are right and wrong. If u don't ignore your mind then u won't fall into pit but if u emulate people u might end up in a pithole
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
The vast majority of elders? HELL NO!!!
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by bilms(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by bilms(m): 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
smiley
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by nnabuike1(m): 6:54am On Mar 20, 2013
All this talk of looking inward for guidance/emulation etc would be nice if it were not so impossible. The unfortunate situation is that we are all products of our environment, a strong component which are those around us, especially elders. If your elders are misbehaving(which I agree to be mostly true), then society is in trouble.
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by bilms(m): 7:49am On Mar 21, 2013
Good observation. The society need good elders.
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by juman(m): 9:13am On Mar 22, 2013
prof. soyinka is a good person.
Re: Are Today's Elders Worthy Of Emulation? by bilms(m): 12:28am On Apr 13, 2013
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Meet Baby Who Was Born With An Extra Large Tongue In Lagos / How Can I Claim My Late Fathers Unclaimed Dividends ? / My Supernatural Encounter with unknown force.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.