Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin (806 Views)

Is It Immoral For Christian Women To Wear Thong Underwear? / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin by Ken4Christ: 1:59am On Mar 16, 2013
I know that this topic has been addressed quite a few times. I have good news for the church. A book has been packaged that should end this controversy on this and related subject. The title is, The Woman Question by me (Ken Macaulay). The book dealt with seven sensitive questions namely,  Should Christian Women put on trousers even to church?

 Should they pray with their head uncovered?

 Should they make up or put on jewelry?

 Should they fix their hair or wear attachment of any kind?

 Are they permitted to preach or teach in Church?

 Are they subject to men in general?

 Should they obey their husband in all things?
The book is divided into two parts, Part one and Part Two. Part one dealt exclusively with the issue of trousers and it contains 7 chapters. Part two addressed the other questions in separate chapters. It is a 157 page book with 25,743 words. It is a downloadable eBook. There are about 300 scripture references including the verses that appears to forbid women from putting on trousers. I believe it's time the church gets truly enlightened on this subject so we will not subject those that Christ died for into bondage in the name of codes of law. I would want all ministers of the gospel and believers to know at this point that the church of Christ is founded on the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles and not on the Law of Moses. So, please stop taking the church back to the Law of Moses which has since been abolished. Anyone who continues to do that is committing a grave sin. “For if I build again the things which I destroy, I make myself a transgressor” (Gal. 2:18). “I do not frustrate the grace of God, for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ died in vain. And if by grace, then it is not of works (law), otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works (law), then it is no more grace, otherwise work is no more work” (Gal. 2:21, Rom.11:6). Paul says we cannot live by grace and law at the same time. If it is by grace, then it cannot be by law otherwise grace becomes meaningless. My recommendation is that whatever you put on be modest. Jesus ended the Law of Moses and brought grace. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9). The Law of Moses is a work system and it could not save the Jews but rather brought a curse on them. Why are some misinformed believers and ministers imposing a load on the church that the Jews could not carry.
The Law of Moses was abolished for the following reasons,
1. The Law Brought a Curse on the Jews
“For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse (spelt out in Deut. 28:15-68), for it is written cursed be every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of in the book of the law to do them” (Gal. 3:10).
Under the Law of Moses, the Jews got blessed by keeping the law (Deut. 28:1-14) and got cursed for breaking the law (Deut. 28:15-68). History reveals that they couldn't keep the laws and consequently came under the curse. Their inability to keep the laws was because of their carnal nature (Rom. 7:14). It takes a spiritual man to keep a spiritual law.
2. The Law Brought Wrath on the Jews
“Because the law worketh wrath, for where no law is, there is no transgression” (Rom. 4:15). A typical example of this is recorded in Num. 11:1, where the fire of the Lord was kindled against the Jews when they murmured and complained against Moses. Many of the Jews died. In another instance recorded in Num. 21:5-6, fiery serpents were sent to bite the people when they spoke against God and Moses. In contrast, they were not punished when they committed similar offence under Abrahamic covenant. (Ex. 16:2 & 17:3). There was no mercy under the Law of Moses the soul that sinneth, it shall die (Heb. 10:28). Stubbornness under the law also attracted death penalty (Deut. 21:18-21). Also if a lady was disvirgined before marriage and the husband found out, she was stoned to death (Deut. 22:13-21). A young man who gathered sticks on the Sabbath day was not exempted from death penalty (Num. 15:32-36). “He that despised Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses” (Heb. 10:28). “And the commandment which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death” (Rom. 7:14).
3. The Law Made Nothing Perfect.
“For the law made nothing perfect but the bringing in of a better hope did by which we draw nigh unto God” (Heb. 7:19).
So, Deut. 22:5 made nothing perfect for the Jews and it won't do any better for you.
4. The Law Made No One Perfect.
“For the law having a shadow of good things to come and not the very image of the things can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect (as pertaining to the conscience)” (Heb. 10:1).
See also Heb. 9:9. What Paul is saying here is that the Old Covenant sacrifices couldn't remove the guilt of sin. Only faith in the blood of Jesus will remove the guilt of sin.
“For if the blood of bulls and goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God purge your conscience from dead works (all practices in the Old Testament including Deut. 22:5) to serve the living God. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins” (Heb. 9:13-14, 10:4).

5. The Law Could Not Give Life.
“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid, for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness would have been by the law. For what the law could not do (produce life), in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. And the commandment which was ordained to life I found to be unto death. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof” (Gal. 3:21, Rom. 8:3, 7:10, Heb. 7:18).

6. The Law Came To Amplify Sin
“What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay I had not known sin but by the law. For I had not known lust except the law had said THOU SHALL NOT COVET. But sin taking occasion by the commandment wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law, sin was dead” (Rom. 7:7-cool
7. The Law Could Not Give The Jews Ability To Live Above Sin.
“For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh. God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin condemned sin in the flesh. For that which I do I allow not, for what I would, that do I not but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing for to will is present in me but how to perform that which is good I find not” (Rom. 8:3, 7:15-18).

8. Under the Law, the Jews Could Not Have Personal Fellowship with God or Approach Him.
“And the LORD said unto Moses. Go down; charge the people lest they break through unto the LORD to gaze and many of them perish. And let the priest also, which come near to the LORD, sanctify themselves, lest the LORD break forth upon them. And Moses said unto the LORD, the people cannot come up to Mount Sinai…..” But into the second (most holy place) went the high priest ALONE once every year…” (Ex.19:21-23, Heb. 9:7).
“And they said unto Moses, speak thou with us, and we will hear, but let not God speak with us lest we die. And the people stood AFAR OFF and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was” (Ex. 20: 19, 21).

9. If You Break One Law, You Have Broken All the Laws
“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all” (James2:10).
There're over 600 laws the Jews had to obey. Deut. 22:5 is just one of them. For instance, verse 9 of the same chapter says the Jews shouldn't' plant two different kind of crops on the same farm land. Also, verse 11 says they shouldn't' put on garment of mixed fabrics. How many of those trying to obey Deut. 22:5 keep these other laws? If the New Testament Saints were to live by the Law of Moses, virtually everyone would have been guilty of breaking the law. None of us for instance keeps the law of Sabbath. Even most of those who worship on Sabbath days do not necessarily keep it. No form of work was to be done on it. Not even cooking or clean-ups.

10. The Presence of the Law Brought Condemnation to the Gentiles
The presence of the law implied condemnation for the Gentiles because they were excluded from the covenant. The law stood as a wall separating the Jews from the Gentiles. It also led to hostility between both races therefore creating enmity. (Eph. 2:11-16).
This post is an excerpt from my book, The Woman Question. Visit my timeline [b]www.facebook.com/ken.macaulay.2 for details and order for your copy now. It is must read book. It read with open mind, all the controversies on this and other related topics will be reduced to the barest minimum.
Re: Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin by Goshen360(m): 3:32am On Mar 16, 2013
Ken4Christ:

[size=3pt]I would want all ministers of the gospel and believers to know at this point that the church of Christ is founded on the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles and not on the Law of Moses. So, please stop taking the church back to the Law of Moses which has since been abolished. Anyone who continues to do that is committing a grave sin. “For if I build again the things which I destroy, I make myself a transgressor” (Gal. 2:18). “I do not frustrate the grace of God, for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ died in vain. And if by grace, then it is not of works (law), otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works (law), then it is no more grace, otherwise work is no more work” (Gal. 2:21, Rom.11:6). Paul says we cannot live by grace and law at the same time. If it is by grace, then it cannot be by law otherwise grace becomes meaningless. My recommendation is that whatever you put on be modest. Jesus ended the Law of Moses and brought grace. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9). The Law of Moses is a work system and it could not save the Jews but rather brought a curse on them. Why are some misinformed believers and ministers imposing a load on the church that the Jews could not carry. [/size]

^ ^ ^
I would want all ministers of the gospel and believers to know at this point that the church of Christ is founded on the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles and not on the Law of Moses. So, please stop taking the church back to the Law of Moses which has since been abolished....Paul says we cannot live by grace and law at the same time. If it is by grace, then it cannot be by law otherwise grace becomes meaningless....Why are some misinformed believers and ministers imposing a load on the church that the Jews could not carry.

This is the same message we have been preaching on this forum. Many times, as I often say, the problem of Christianity in Nigeria are some preachers preaching and teaching LAW and GRACE mixed together for the Church of Jesus Christ. Maybe because me self never become popular pastor for these people to listen grin. There're many half baked preachers who are very far from what Christianity is all about. You cannot be under a shower and be dry at the same time - You cannot be under Grace and at the same time practicing the law of Moses. Hebrews says, God TOOK AWAY one so that he can establish the OTHER. Nigeria Christianity need to be liberated by the force of the Gospel of Grace. You can't be practicing Christianity and at the same time practicing Judaism. Many of these problems are caused by the Nigeria preachers and accepted by the gullible ones who will not search the scriptures for themselves to prove the truth. The law of Moses being practiced suppresses the truth and revelation of Grace of Jesus Christ. I salute this preacher!

New Living Translation (©2007)
Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down. Galatians 2:18

New International Version (©2011)
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Romans 3:19

to be continue
Re: Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin by Goshen360(m): 4:58am On Mar 16, 2013
^ ^ ^

I would want all ministers of the gospel and believers to know at this point that the church of Christ is founded on the teachings of Jesus and his Apostles and not on the Law of Moses.

^ ^ ^

Expanded Bible (EXB)
15 For this reason Christ ·brings a new agreement from God to his people [ is the mediator of a new covenant/contract]. Those who are called by God can now receive the eternal ·blessings [inheritance] he has promised. They can have those things because Christ died to ·set them free [redeem them] from the ·sins [transgressions; violations] committed under the first agreement [covenant; contract]. 16 When there is a ·will [last will and testament;  the same Greek word translated “agreement” in v. 15; the author develops his illustration from the various meanings of the word], it must be proven that the one who wrote that ·will [last will and testament] is dead. 17 [ For; Because] A ·will [last will and testament] ·means nothing [carries no force] while the person is alive; it can ·be used [take effect] only after the person dies. 18 This is why even the first ·agreement [covenant; contract;  the same Greek word as “will” in vv. 16–17] could not ·begin [be inaugurated/put into effect] without blood [C the death of a sacrificial animal]. Hebrews 9

You see, Christ the mediator of the New Testament according to v.15. Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, the New Testament has not taken effect according to v.16-17 because there need for the death of the testator. Christ was born and live under the law and subject to the law of Moses (Galatians 4:4). The New Testament could not take effect until after the death of the testator, Christ. What Christ was doing in Matthew to John was to appoint Apostles that will carry on his teachings into the New Testament AFTER his death and he must have fulfilled the law at his death and resurrection then.

Hence, Christ established teachings that will carry on by the Apostles in the New Testament AFTER his death. Therefore, from the mouth of the Master, we hear phrase such as, "I WILL build my church..." because he could not build the church in Matthew to John until the law is fulfilled and the church would start. The church of Jesus is NOT the SAME as the church in the wilderness. Acts 7:38
Re: Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin by Snowwy: 10:11am On Mar 16, 2013
Ken4Christ: Their inability to keep the laws was because of their carnal nature (Rom. 7:14). It takes a spiritual man to keep a spiritual law.

@Op,
Thanks for this great exposition. You raised many valid points.
Above is one in which you said the Israelites were unable to keep the law of Moses because they were carnal. It takes a spiritual man to keep a spiritual law.

The only way this can happen is through Christ Jesus who fulfilled the righteousness of the law in us:

Romans 8:3-4
3 The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body God declared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
4 He did this so that the just requirement of the law would be fully satisfied for us, who no longer follow our sinful nature but instead follow the Spirit.
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will.

Now we obey God not because of fear of penalty of sin but because we have a relationship with Him.
The Israelites did not have a relationship with God, their life was more or less a rule-based regimented life of sin and die but in Christ Jesus we are translated to a life of constant fellowship with the Father through the Holy Spirit as Christ has bridged the gap that seperated us from Him when Adam sinned at the beginning.

However, in the world today people now take liberty for licence. Jesus came to earth doing good and also He explained lots of times to those who felt they were righteous because of their acts that lacked God's Spirit, and even better explained to His disciples and the multitude the true meaning/interpretation of God's words and will to us.
After you have received Christ, and He dwells in your heart, the Holy Spirit in confirmation of God's word guides us in all truth I.e. The word of God which is the bible. He guides us in all truth on how to rightly divide the word of truth which is the entire bible not just part, in all areas of our lives.
We are to keep doing good (with the right heart Christ has given us) and not just think grace has excused us.

Jude 1:4-5
4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
5 So I want to remind you, though you already know these things, that Jesus[t] first rescued the nation of Israel from Egypt, but later he destroyed those who did not remain faithful.

So we should know that after Christ has thus saved us from Egypt or the world, we are to live soberly and righeously int his world and not take the grace and patient long suffering of Christ for liberty to live as we please which many now term as Grace instead of soldiers of Christ called to stand out and apart from sin.

Romans 2:1-10
1 You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things.
2 And we know that God, in his justice, will punish anyone who does such things.
3 Since you judge others for doing these things, why do you think you can avoid God’s judgment when you do the same things?
4 Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?
5 But because you are stubborn and refuse to turn from your sin, you are storing up terrible punishment for yourself. For a day of anger is coming, when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed.
6 He will judge everyone according to what they have done.
7 He will give eternal life to those who keep on doing good, seeking after the glory and honor and immortality that God offers. 8 But he will pour out his anger and wrath on those who live for themselves, who refuse to obey the truth and instead live lives of wickedness.
9 There will be trouble and calamity for everyone who keeps on doing what is evil—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.[t] 10 But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.

Romans 7:1-25 can be studied in NLT for more insight.
Thank you.
Re: Trouser Wear By Christian Women Is Not A Sin by akinemma1: 6:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
wether it is a sin for a woman to wear trouser or not,we will all know on that day when we all appear before the throne of God for judgement.If i may ask,have you confirmed your teachings in that book from the holy spirit?did God speak to you audibly about those issues before you embark on publishing your views?if no,then you must have a rethink and seek the face of God first on those issues.the problem we are having in christianity today is that most christians do not want to be seperated from the things of the world.we want to serve God and at the same time hold on to the things of the world.i want you to remember that anyone that makes christ followers to fall as a result of false teachings is inviting the wrath of God upon himself or herself.

(1) (Reply)

The Burden Of Hatred / Muslim Store Worker Refuses To Serve Customer B Buying Ham And Wine because Of Fast / Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.