Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye (12518 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by ndividual: 9:32am On Mar 17, 2013
@Op, so let's say i'm hardworking and single. i pray for success in my legit endeavours, but somewhere at the back of mind i have this tiny thought that women only go for established guys, and have a carnal appetitie kept in check due mostly due to current financial condition. what then? does my prayer get answered or not? Does one carnal desire outweigh many good intentions? Humor me.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Regiblinkz(m): 9:47am On Mar 17, 2013
What do we have on FP this morning?
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2013
There is no such thing as a demon of Lust, Lust is a condition of the Flesh.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 17, 2013
frosbel: There is no such thing as a demon of Lust, Lust is a condition of the Flesh.

Gbam...dont lie, you got the truth from the oga at the top!

1 Like

Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Tytswagz(m): 9:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm....James 4:1-3....this Adeboye guy can really turn the Bible upside down.Maybe he and his followers should read James 5:1-3....1.Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you 2. Your riches are corrupted and your garments are moth-eaten 3. Your gold and silver are cankered, and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have reaped treasure together for the last days.
nawa ooooo...wetin brng dis 1 com dis topic.....9gerians ehn..jst mind ya bizness.....
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2013
supercolez: Nobody can tell me the prayer God answers, he does things in his way which no 1 understands. Lust or not, God gives wen he wants and He doesn't wen he doesn't want.

Not sure I agree with this. As long your prayer is in line with His and The Word, you WILL get an answer. the Bible clearly says so. (Matt 21:22)
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by doofanc: 10:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

So how does he marry this to Matthew 7:7 that say 'ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be open.. ? Or even psalm 37:4 that says take delight in God and he will grant you the desires of your heart!? Or Matthew 21:22 that says 'Whatsoever ye ask for in prayers, if you believe, you will receive'? Or even '1John 3:22' that says ' And we will receive whatsoever we ask in prayer because we love him and keep his commandments'?! angry

The bible is filled with scriptures to support any crap message you wanna pass along. How come he hasn't spoken on the accumulation of earthly wealth and how God frowns on it?

It doesn't necessarily contradict what Adeboye said. If you check all the passages you listed, there are conditions (which I put in red) for each desire. If those conditions are not fulfilled, its like asking amiss which I believe was being referred to in James 4:3
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 17, 2013
doofanc:

It doesn't necessarily contradict what Adeboye said. If you check all the passages you listed, there are conditions (which I put in red) for each desire. If those conditions are not fulfilled, its like asking amiss which I believe was being referred to in James 4:3

Do we need Adeboye to tell us the obvious.

Appears Christians have stopped reading their bibles.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Gbam...dont lie, you got the truth from the oga at the top!

I do not need to read the comments of others, to make a statement on the obvious.

Having been in churches where everything was attributed to a demons, I go mad when I read these sorts of articles.

We are responsible for how much self control we have regarding things such as lust etc.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Originalsly: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2013
KINGwax: some people, like I say, are unnecessarily bitter. Where is the turning of the bible in an upside manner?
The man was preaching abt why some people pray and they receive not, and u are here talkin about a chapter that clearly talked abt the dangers of riches!
James 4 clearly explains why u pray without result, and dt tallys with the preaching.
And even if we decided to use the same James 5 as a reference, one can still tell u some people dnt receive answers because they are well olivious of the dangers of what they seek for!
I mean, it's not new dt most people get rich only for the wealth to turn them into something else, ask for a car and get killed by d same car. Forced a child and died while givin birth.
In recap, u need a brain for a rational argument!
I don't argue religion nor politics.My comment was inferring to the fact that he never touches verses that talk about earthly riches. Turning the Bible upside down referred to the present thread. Was the scripture he quoted referring to why prayers are not answered? And is it not blasphemy for Adeboye to say who God will answer and who he will not? In his own interpretation of having spirits of lust does he not have the spirit of lust of earthly possessions? Why don he send the correct prayer request to get rid of that spirit? I may have half or even less of a brain but at least I'm able to discern the sheep from the wolves in sheep's clothing.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by true2god: 12:33pm On Mar 17, 2013
silibaba: members trying to bring this MOG to limelight embarassed
Hes already at the lime-light. The ops is only sharing a daily devotional written by him.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by MajeOfficial: 12:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
the building of the second niger bridge can't make the front page but this does?
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Kingslaw(m): 2:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
Thank you sir.I will amend my ways.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by softangel(m): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
Heavily loaded.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by bokohalal(m): 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2013
Julieccentric: Presently listening to one of his sermons...I bless God for his life.

Proof that God is non-existent and powerless.
'It' should be 'blessing' you.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Tbosch(m): 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm....James 4:1-3....this Adeboye guy can really turn the Bible upside down.Maybe he and his followers should read James 5:1-3....1.Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you 2. Your riches are corrupted and your garments are moth-eaten 3. Your gold and silver are cankered, and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have reaped treasure together for the last days.
may God av mecy on u.The gods of this world hath blinded ur eye that u shd not c d truth
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Okijajuju1(m): 8:45am On Mar 18, 2013
doofanc:

Nice twisting, still failed though!

Anyways, I hate the Mods of this section, its either you enter here and agree wit Adeboye or Nothing!! Slowly, this section is beginning to look like the Muslims section..
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 9:28am On Mar 18, 2013
Just for you to criticize the man of GOD and God's word you quoted James 5:1-3 and you failed to take it to vs six where James made us understand the type of rich men he was referring to !-The wicked rich man ''Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.[a] 6 You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you.''-James 5:4-6
The above isn't talking about the rich but the wicked rich man !
God help us
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by rabzy: 1:47am On Mar 19, 2013
'you shall be the first and not the last', 'you shall be greater than the greatest'. These are 'wrong blessings' showered all over the place.

The first sin which led to the devil's downfall was the sin sin of pride, me-first/selfishness, unbridled ambition and presumptuousness.

This was the same lesson that Jesus taught his Apostles repeatedly up to the day he died...but very many pastors are tickling the ears of the people with these messages of greatness and riches.
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by Supergirlie(f): 8:44am On Mar 19, 2013
Lead us, oh Lord, not into temptation, but deliver us from evil!
Re: Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye by idupaul: 8:47am On Mar 19, 2013
Organised religion is a scam abeg ... To much escape route are put in place to explain why God doesn't answer.. How come politicians who steal money are allowed to win elections by God when it is super clear that the went into the election because of Lust ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! / Evolution And The Seagull Dance. / Has Any Atheist Seen The Laws Of Logic? Do They Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.