Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! (12466 Views)

Imagine :A World Without Christianity -Will the world be better off, please vote / Here's How Christianity Will End / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 06, 2013
Before, I became an atheist, I was a christian. Also, when I left christianity, I studied Islam as a religion to see if it was a better choice for me.

Here are my reasons why I would rather go back to Christianity than be a Muslim (although both choices are not palatable to me).;

[size=18pt]1) Christianity fits into any culture or age of civilization due to its reformation while islam hasnt been reformed[/size]
With enlightenment and technological advancement, mainstream Christianity has gone through a reevaluation of the interpretation of its scriptures. We now have very liberal and non-literal interpretations of the bible as compared to the literal and ultra-conservative interpretations of christianity in the early centuries. You will find that mainstream christianity has shifted to accommodate capitalism, secular governments, common law and human rights. Yes, there are still ultra-conservative christianity in the form of Westboro Baptist Church and some other christian denominations but you will find that they are in the minority. Most christian majority nations are run by secular governments. Furthermore, we can see how Easter is now tied with the Easter bunny and colorful egg decorations and the resurrection of Christ- A fine blend of christianity and capitalism...

Mainstream islam, on the other hand, has not been reformed and is having a worse struggle with many modern day issues as compared to christianity . The case here is that the bible can be shaved down to only the teachings of Jesus for many christians, which gives them an escape route from the harsher old testament and some tough laws- such does not exist in mainstream Islam as the Quran is the complete word of God and can not be edited. The only update on the Quran is on the "war verses"(eg Quran 2:191-193) , which many muslim scholars state that were only for a specific time when muslims and the Prophet were under attack. Islam is struggling with modern issues like secularism and capitalism. Sharia law can not accept islam on an equal status with other religions as it prescribes islamic laws for a whole society. Islam forbids interest which is very important to modern day banking and the stock markets. Theocracy and the prohibition of interest are products of the shallow thinking of the ancient man that mainstream christianity has moved away from but mainstream islam is still adherent to. However, Turkey is an exception to this as a muslim majority country that is somewhat secular- it isnt practicisng sharia law.

[size=18pt]2) Christianity treats non-christians better than Islam treats non-muslims[/size]
As mentioned earlier, sharia law can not put islam at an equal status with other religions since it prescribes islamic laws for the society. Sharia law remains a mild form of theocracy and theocracy always has one religion at the top.

Atheists fare better in christian majority countries as compared to muslim majority countries. In certain muslim majority countries, atheists are arrested and jailed for publicly being atheists. This is not to say that christians are perfect in treating atheists but it is just that it is unlikely for an atheist to be jailed for just being an atheist in a christian majority country.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-pacific/2012/06/20126146135415374.html
An atheist is guaranteed more rights in the West (eg USA or UK) than any muslim majority country. I challenge any muslim here to try and prove this wrong because this is one fact that I am 100% sure of

Furthermore, the issue of apostasy and blasphemy in islam remains a controversial one. An accusation of blasphemy in ANY muslim majority country can have dire consequences for the non-muslim. Furthermore, the good news is that Pew research shows that the support for death penalty for apostasy among muslims in the world is not absolute. There is only a significant minority of muslims who support the death penalty globally- however, on a country by country basis, few have a majority accepting the the death penalty
http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

To make this argument local, we can look at the two religious sections here on nairaland and compare. Where would disbelievers prefer to be?

This is not to hide or remove the discrimination by christians towards non-christians. It is just to say, that disbelievers will fare better under modern christianity than islam.

[size=18pt]
3) Christianity does far more charity work than islam on a global basis

[/size]Charity has always been christianity's strongest selling point.
Both christianity and islam encourage charity but christianity has outpaced any other organisation in charity- not just Islam.

However, there are two factors to consider here; Some of these christian charities come from the strongest economies in the world, so they would have more money and also, evangelism gives christianity a greater global reach. The zeal to spread the christian doctrine has helped christainity access many parts of the world....even remote villages that have no contact to the outside world.

To make this argument even local, we can find christian charities in different areas the north of Nigeria but I have never seen any islamic charity in the South-south (Delta, Edo etc). I doubt that there are islamic charities in the south south and since I havent seen any and I have lived there for some time but even if there are, they are not very visible.

[size=18pt]4) Christianity is more honest about its roots in a previous religion[/size]
Ask a christian about the religion of Moses- the answer would be "Moses was a Jew"
Ask a Jew about the religion of Moses- the answer would be "Moses was a Jew"
Ask a muslim about the religion of Moses- the answer would be "Moses/Musa was a muslim"

This, I can not tolerate. I am not even sure Moses existed but if he did, there is no chance at all that he was a muslim....or are the the christians and Jews liars?

Many muslims also claim that Jesus was a muslim. Which would be quite ridiculous to both Jews and Christian. How would someone who was born to Jewish parents, who lived among Jews and who quoted Jewish scripture be a muslim?

14 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by onegig(m): 9:14am On Dec 06, 2013
One word!

You know nothing- Yigritte. Game of thrones.

So this is the best comparison you could come up with?

3 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 06, 2013
onegig: One word!

$1,000,000 if you can come up with something better.

Please, address the topic- isnt christianity better on these issues??

5 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by onegig(m): 9:27am On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

$1,000,000 if you can come up with something better.

Please, address the topic- isnt christianity better on these issues??
I don't compare religions. Those are for kids but if you want an exposé on the ideals of islam then i would give you in torrents.

Also, you would do well to keep your money where your mouth is. I would advice you give your million dollar to a charity nearby thats even if you can afford 10 ^9 of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 06, 2013
Brilliant thread LB.

Even richard dawkins recently acknowledged islam is the worst religion. Not just christianity is better than islam, almost all other religions are better than islam.

Lol, jesus was a muslim? That's one of the most stu.pid statements I've ever read from muslims.

11 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by adepojuot: 9:31am On Dec 06, 2013
onegig: One word!

1k likes..your write up make sense die,good job,keep it up....God shall open there eyes,I mean Muslims.....
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind: Brilliant thread LB.

Even richard dawkins recently acknowledged islam is the worst religion. Not just christianity is better than islam, almost all other religions are better than islam.

Lol, jesus was a muslim? That's one of the most stu.pid statements I've ever read from muslims.

Guy, calm down. Dawkins never said that Islam is the worst religion. He just complained about their lack of technological acheivement in this present day.....

However, the claim that Jesus was a muslim is laughable especially to christians and jews
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, calm down. Dawkins never said that Islam is the worst religion. He just complained about their lack of technological acheivement in this present day.....

However, the claim that Jesus was a muslim is laughable especially to christians and jews

Here is what he(dawkins) tweeted sometime ago

"Haven't read Koran so
couldn't quote chapter & verse like I can for
Bible. But often say Islam greatest force for
evil today"

I just couldn't quote him verbatim when I said he said islam is the worst religion.

3 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by ninja4life(m): 9:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Some christians will agree with u while others wont cos they believe gods standard wont change and d bible is 100% flawless and will try to justify all d useless killings in d OT.

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Here is what he(dawkins) tweeted sometime ago

"Haven't read Koran so
couldn't quote chapter & verse like I can for
Bible. But often say Islam greatest force for
evil today"

I just couldn't quote him verbatim when I said he said islam is the worst religion.

Oh I see.....

I thought you were talking about his other tweet.....

Sorry for this mistake

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 06, 2013
ninja4life: Some christians will agree with u while others wont cos they believe gods standard wont change and d bible is 100% flawless and will try to justify all d useless killings in d OT.

Agreed.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by PastorKun(m): 9:58am On Dec 06, 2013
@Logicboy
Nice write up smiley and you didn't even mention the global terrorism inspired by a certain religion. wink
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 06, 2013
One i definately know as the religion of the terrorist
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Logicboy
Nice write up smiley and you didn't even mention the global terrorism inspired by a certain religion. wink

ah.....I avoid talking about terrorism. Some peeps have mastered the act of deflecting that argument.

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by texanomaly(f): 10:09am On Dec 06, 2013
Interesting...

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Pastor Kun: @Logicboy

Lol, had he mentioned that, I know you know what to expect. The "you too" fallacy.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 06, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, had he mentioned that, I know you know what to expect. The "you too" fallacy.

Stop reading my mind!!! shocked
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by romzyxy(m): 10:15am On Dec 06, 2013
Cudn't read all thread bt ℓ totally agree wit U̶̲̥̅̊....thumbs up
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

Stop reading my mind!!! shocked

Hehehehe, OK sir
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Lucy360love(f): 10:17am On Dec 06, 2013
Booked!
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Ranchhoddas: 11:08am On Dec 06, 2013
Hypocrisy! christians are all clapping for lb now.when he turns on you guys you should all remember this thread oo.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2013
I prefer African spirituality than both. It beats them all. I will always walk with that than Abrahamic faiths
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
FOLYKAZE: I prefer African spirituality than both. It beats them all. I will always walk with that than Abrahamic faiths

But between the Abrahamic faiths which would you choose?
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by onegig(m): 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2013
Let me humour you Illogical boy and school you. cool

Logicboy03: Before, I became an atheist, I was a christian. Also, when I left christianity, I studied Islam as a religion to see if it was a better choice for me. Here are my reasons why I would rather go back to Christianity than be a Muslim (although both choices are not palatable to me).;
None of my biz. It's a free world . No compulsion in religion. You can " go and die" grin

Logicboy03:

1) Christianity fits into any culture or age of civilization due to its reformation while islam hasnt been reformed

Mainstream islam, on the other hand, has not been reformed and is having a worse struggle with many modern day issues as compared to christianity . The case here is that the bible can be shaved down to only the teachings of Jesus for many christians, which gives them an escape route from the harsher old testament and some tough laws- such does not exist in mainstream Islam as the Quran is the complete word of God and can not be edited. The only update on the Quran is on the "war verses"(eg Quran 2:191-193) , which many muslim scholars state that were only for a specific time when muslims and the Prophet were under attack. Islam is struggling with modern issues like secularism and capitalism. Sharia law can not accept islam on an equal status with other religions as it prescribes islamic laws for a whole society. Islam forbids interest which is very important to modern day banking and the stock markets. Theocracy and the prohibition of interest are products of the shallow thinking of the ancient man that mainstream christianity has moved away from but mainstream islam is still adherent to. However, Turkey is an exception to this as a muslim majority country that is somewhat secular- it isnt practicisng sharia law.

I thought you should be more advanced than the lame excuses you have given up here.

There's no universal rules on morals. That's the first basic thing Islam understood. What you think is moral to you might be amoral to me. Culture does not mix with religion.

Culture is subject to change but religion and its rules don't change. Do you know why some religions are having a running battle presently with different doctrines and ideas? No single comprehensive rule guiding the ways of life of an individual in those religions. That's why you can have a gay evangelists, gay bishop and so on. crazy things all because the religion wants to conform to popular culture. You hear Disagreements over trivial issues like whether wearing trousers is a sin or not.

If in the next 200 years these cultures change and the society embraces it.
What happens then? A little tip for you. Weed is being legalised in some cultures now. Do we also follow them and close our eyes because we want our religion to conform to societal standards? Do we start taking weed because our culture permits it?

Which is supreme? God's rule or your personal or societal rules?

You see why the Prophet was said to be a master leader and futuristic person and this was not even because of his brains but because of what God instructed him to do.

On the war verses
.. It's no news that the prophet(Saw) was exiled from his city of birth and they were persecuted. In other to protect the new community they had to wage wars and protect their territory and even these wars were guided by strict rules of engagement. They only defended themselves in all cases and strict rules of not attacking trees, women , children, non combatants and the aged applied.

Islam is a way of life on its own. it is robust,self sufficient and flexible on its own . So why add other cultures to it?

4 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 06, 2013
onegig:

None of my biz. It's a free world . No compulsion in religion. You can " go and die" grin

I thought you should be more advanced than the lame excuses you have given up here.

There's no universal rules on morals. That's the first basic thing Islam understood. What you think is moral to you might be amoral to me. Culture does not mix with religion.

Culture is subject to change but religion and its rules don't change. Do you know why some religions are having a running battle presently with different doctrines and ideas? No single comprehensive rule guiding the ways of life of an individual in those religions. That's why you can have a gay pastor, gay bishop and so on crazy things all because the religion wanted to conform to popular culture.

If in the next 200 years culture changes and the majority of the world embraces another new culture that goes against the teaching of a religion. What happens then? You see why the Prophet was said to be a master leader and futuristic person and this was not even because of his brains but because of what God instructed him to do.

On the war verses
.. It's no news that the prophet(Saw) was exiled from his city of birth and they were persecuted. In other to protect the new community they had to wage wars and protect their territory and even these wars were guided by strict rules of engagement. They only defended themselves in all cases and strict rules of not attacking trees, women , children, non combatants and the aged applied.

still compilling

You made no point here.....what are you even arguing about?

You didnt not even address the point......the fact is that christianity is more adaptable to modern life and different cultures.

Guy...stop chatting irrelevant stuff

7 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2013
onegig:

We shall see who is illogical

onegig:

Your first lie. Take a look at this

And whoever desires other than Islam as religion -
never will it be accepted from him, and he, in the
Hereafter, will be among the losers. Q3:85

onegig: I thought you should be more advanced than the lame excuses you have given up here.

Lol, funny. And yet islam attempts to force the prophets(subjective) morals on its adherents.

onegig: Culture is subject to change but religion and its rules don't change. Do you know why some religions are having a running battle presently with different doctrines and ideas? No single comprehensive rule guiding the ways of life of an individual in those religions. That's why you can have a gay pastor, gay bishop and so on crazy things all because the religion wanted to conform to popular culture.[/b]

Can any one see why islamic nations are amongst the most wretched and the poorest in the world?

While everyone is striving to live in accordance to our evolved morals in the 21st century, muslims are still immersed in the 7th century claiming religion doesn't change. Christians have learnt to take the appalling passages in the OT with a pinch of salt. Not so with muslims. Religion n the quran never changes.

onegig: If in the next 200 years culture changes and the majority of the world embraces another new culture that goes against the teaching of a religion. What happens then? You see why the Prophet was said to be a master leader and futuristic person and this was not even because of his brains but because of what God instructed him to do.

That explains why you see nothing wrong with getting married to a 9 year old. Mohammed as a false prophet can be forgiven for practising his societal barbaric norms. What should we now make of muslims in these modern world who are exposed to the dangers of adolescent marriage
and still yet, choose to follow 7th century norms n culture disguised as religion.

All in the name of, religion doesn't change.

onegig:
On the war verses

Just again, mohammed n muslims always playing the victim.

Look at how this muslim shamelessly lies. The battle of badr is a perfect example that mohammeds didn't just defend himself. He was the one who initially sent out men to raid the caravans which then led to a battle with the meccan army sent to defend the raided caravans. How is this a defensive battle:

Then the apostle heard that Abu Sufyan was coming
from Syria with a large caravan of Qurish, containing
their money and merchandise, accompanied by
some thirty or forty men… When the Apostle heard
about Abu Sufyan coming from Syria, he summoned
the Muslims and said, “This is the Quraish caravan
containing their property. Go out to attack it,
perhaps Allah will give it as a prey.”
(Ibn Ishaq/
Hisham 428)

That is what happened from the very islamic books of history.

onegig: still compilling

Don't bother. You have failed woefully with your first reply. You are just a pathetic, shameless muslim liar.

7 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
Logicboy03:

But between the Abrahamic faiths which would you choose?

Christianity though.

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2013
nice one lipsrsealed

i can live or debate with any theist in real life except Muslims... it is not intolerance, it is my own safety i care about. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 06, 2013
9jadelta: nice one lipsrsealed

i can live or debate with any theist in real life except Muslims... it is not intolerance, it is my own safety i care about. grin

Lol, same with me. I enjoy bashing islam all the same sha. Unlike christianity whereby you have to think deeply before bashing atimes. With islam, no need. It is just so glaringly and obviously false.

1 Like

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by onegig(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2013
Islam forbids
interest which is very important
to modern day banking and the
stock markets. Theocracy and
the prohibition of interest are
products of the shallow thinking
of the ancient man that
mainstream christianity has
moved away from but
mainstream islam is still
adherent to.
the same interest based banking that has led two great depression and almost the destruction of world economy? Same interest based banking that exploits the poor and make slaves and destitutes out of a society?

The same interest based banking that cripples the real economy which is the people and leave wealth in the hands of few ? I guess you were not born in 2008 and is not aware of the current problems in Countries like Greece, Spain, Portugal and even the Us?

One thing you guys don't really understand about non interest banking is that its very unique and pro masses. Let me ask you. Which one would you take?

A banking system that gives you a loan to operate a biz but won't charge interest on it but have a pre agreed profit sharing ratio if you make it or loss sharing between the bank and you if you make losses? A bank that recognises money as a means of exchange only and that it has no value except what you invest it in and derive from it. A bank that is after your success and knows its only when you make profit that they are also profitable.

Or a bank that gives you a loan and even if you make losses would still collect their interest accured over time and their money back?

Logically Which is cruel and which is good for developing a society?

Islamic banking is just one just one of the numerous arms of islamic finance. Islam recognises money as valueless. Which is true. Ask your greatest economists. Money has no value, it is what you invest it in that has value.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by onegig(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2013
The posters above. Am not here for a comparison of religions. To each his own beliefs. Am here just to enlighten you on things.
I would state my case and Its left on you to either agree, reason or disagree. Thank

Your second, third points are all subjective and based on personal opinions.
Re: Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! by larrymoore(m): 4:56pm On Dec 06, 2013
Truly it is illogical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don't Look For Deliverance - Pastor Chris / Happy Mothering Sunday To All Catholic Mothers And Mothers Everywhere / Have You Ever Been Mobbed By Angels ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.