Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,865 members, 7,866,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works (11739 Views)

Two Nigeria’s Refineries To Restart Production Before End Of Dec. 2015 –minister / The Truth About The Second Niger Bridge-Chibuzo N. Ziggy Azike / ‘why Construction Of Second Niger Bridge May Be Put On Hold For Now’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ikweremilitant: 10:31am On Mar 16, 2013
Mr. Garri.:
How many times are we gonna hear this same "Set to Commence story??

Start the damn construction and let's talk about that..

undecided undecided
but all of u are busy hailng fasole for just d launchng of the eko atlantic project dat hs not comencd but u pepl re praisng hm lyk a demi god.but gej is dong hs ure all beligurd.u pepl shoud stop hidng under jelousy in tosing ur self rightous card ure all bunch of hyppcretes dat cliam lv for dis nija while urr all sheeps in wolf clothings yorrobers gej will shame all of u.lyk ur proverbial aran anakankanfo am expecting ur ritual sucide lyk ur fadas did awole nd abioole

1 Like

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ikweremilitant: 10:33am On Mar 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Bad belle! I understand how dis thing dey pepper you for body. Believe me, I dont want to be in your shoes right now.

The Fashola light rail rail project that has hit front page on several occasion, has it been commissioned?
pls ask d hypocrites.shame on u all
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by hardknockbroda(m): 10:36am On Mar 16, 2013
2015 is around d corner.... We dey watch
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ikweremilitant: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2013
$£yi:

I was referring to FG's propaganda and you're bringing up or rather comparing it with that of a state government. Are you not ashamed of yourself?

Fashola's achievement is your yardstick for assessing the FG's achievement. grin

Fashola must be a big time achiever. I'm starting to like that Fashola sef
ure a big fooooooool.so fashooole is free to deseeve u fg is not.don't u know dat d state is closer to u dan d fedral,mugu wake up so fasholes light rail jinge wwey una no let us here word never complete o but he's rightous eko atlantic terminal launchng dey went to america nd draged a former us president hm chop free food shark free beer bang free free toto dance miniminiwanawana on top go,una no complian,but gej is not supose to tok but jst do it abi,wise man wey die for folish man backyard

1 Like

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by MrMcJay(m): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2013
ikwere militant: but all of u are busy hailng fasole for just d launchng of the eko atlantic project dat hs not comencd but u pepl re praisng hm lyk a demi god.but gej is dong hs ure all beligurd.u pepl shoud stop hidng under jelousy in tosing ur self rightous card ure all bunch of hyppcretes dat cliam lv for dis nija while urr all sheeps in wolf clothings yorrobers gej will shame all of u.lyk ur proverbial aran anakankanfo am expecting ur ritual sucide lyk ur fadas did awole nd abioole

It is obvious that you are in dire need of Awo's free education. Anonymity can never cover stupidity. Eko Atlantic project is in phases. Phase 1 (land reclaimation) has been completed and you are a witness to that. There are still other phases to be completed. As to your dream bridge, I guess it is still in the promises stage. Maybe when Buhari becomes Nigeria's president, he'll shame you by doing what your 'son' cannot do.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Sealeddeal(m): 10:45am On Mar 16, 2013
Building Second Niger Bridge will surely ease the pains of transporters that ply that route and as well,enhance the exchange of ideas between West and East. For those that still doubt the possibility of completion of 2nd Niger bridge,that doubt is not strange as other presidents has failed on such issue.However,GEJ has,for umpteen times/ways,delivered on his promises. Works on 2nd Niger bridge has never reached this stage before neither has it received an attention of this nature before.So,i have an unshakeable believe on resolve of President Jonathan to deliver on 2nd Niger bridge. He has done such before,he will do it again.i thank President GEJ so much for his efforts at delivering on his promises.I equally extend my thanks to Gov.Peter Obi,who has put in much effort and still ready to put more to see the completion of 2nd Niger bridge. God bless Gov.Peter Obi and President Goodluck Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by otokx(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2013
The east west road will soon be commissioned. Let us continue deceiving ourselves.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by PehaKaso: 10:53am On Mar 16, 2013
GEJ pls carry gooooooo till 2019
more breathes of d fresh air across southern naija
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by emmatok(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2013
ikwere militant: but all of u are busy hailng fasole for just d launchng of the eko atlantic project dat hs not comencd but u pepl re praisng hm lyk a demi god.but gej is dong hs ure all beligurd.u pepl shoud stop hidng under jelousy in tosing ur self rightous card ure all bunch of hyppcretes dat cliam lv for dis nija while urr all sheeps in wolf clothings yorrobers gej will shame all of u.lyk ur proverbial aran anakankanfo am expecting ur ritual sucide lyk ur fadas did awole nd abioole

Even your GEJ came to see the completed Phase of the Eko Atlantic.

Your Igbo brothers are already buying the land and that is the next phase.

I thought GEJ claims the project is BOT for years.

I hope they know that 2015 is 2 years from now.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ewet: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2013
This is like the 1000th time the FG has promised to start work on the 2nd Niger bridge. Now GEJ is playing this card for 2015 by goin ahead to deceive our south east brodas. Gov. Obi on the other hand has dissapointed me on this issue. For a city that is as commercially viable like Onitsha a PPP option btw the state govts of Delta and Anambra state and a private concessionaire cannot be too dificult. Why wait to go cap in hand to beg abuja to build this bridge. This is either lack of foresight or outright laziness on the part of Gov.Obi.

1 Like

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ewet: 11:25am On Mar 16, 2013
Mr. Garri.:
How many times are we gonna hear this same "Set to Commence story??

Start the damn construction and let's talk about that..

undecided undecided
By this time next year and a year before the 2019 elections, bet me u and i will be here reading again another futile promise by govt that they will build the 2nd niger bridge.
They keep promising but do nothing and i know this will be no diff. Anambra govt house is about to be vacant and 2015 is around the corner.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ewet: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: God bless the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

God bless Governor Peter Obi!!

God bless Anambra state!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!!
This is a futile promise as usual. Elections are coming, hasnt the 2nd niger brridge bin an issue even used by GEJ himself to campaign in 2011.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by hbrednic: 11:31am On Mar 16, 2013
talesbymooonlight
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ikweremilitant: 11:35am On Mar 16, 2013
$£yi:
^^
Since 1914, same with power undecided
Mr McJay:

It is obvious that you are in dire need of Awo's free education. Anonymity can never cover stupidity. Eko Atlantic project is in phases. Phase 1 (land reclaimation) has been completed and you are a witness to that. There are still other phases to be completed. As to your dream bridge, I guess it is still in the promises stage. Maybe when Buhari becomes Nigeria's president, he'll shame you by doing what your 'son' cannot do.
$£yi:
^^
Since 1914, same with power undecided
awooles free education,God forbide!I don't want to drink rat poison
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by thelastPope(m): 11:35am On Mar 16, 2013
Onlytruth:

Our anger is because this same promise (unfulfilled) has been made severally by people we consider outsiders to the East. We are angry at them, yes; but our anger is more on GEJ that is our own brother, a fellow Easterner who fully understands the strategic importance of that bridge to the Eastern economy.
Personally, I think that people around the president have not served him well on this brigde issue. I hope it is completed before 2015 elections, at least to seal our votes.
With all these APC noise, nothing must be left to chance!

You are angry with GEJ for not building the bridge? 2 years into his 4 year first term? I dont understand please. Elaborate.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Onlytruth(m): 11:47am On Mar 16, 2013
thelastPope:

You are angry with GEJ for not building the bridge? 2 years into his 4 year first term? I dont understand please. Elaborate.

Most of us Igbo are staunch GEJ supporters. We are beginning to wonder whether it is worth it.
Okay, here is why we are apprehensive. Pray, how long does it take to begin work on a project of this nature? GEJ has been there for 2 years with NOTHING on ground in the bridge to show. If work is already going on NOW at the site, you will not see these types of talks. You see the bridges that Akpabio (a mere governor) is building in Akwa Ibom, with state funds?
All we have so far are promises. All these can change of course when construction starts at the site and work progress seen.
We are not fools you know. Igbo say that one cannot easily hide a pregnancy.
Honestly, we want to see work on that site YESTERDAY.
We will not like to lose a fight that we can easily win. GEJ has to KEEP our votes, that's all.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Valto(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2013
wow .. bad belle full here oo
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Nobody: 11:54am On Mar 16, 2013
Am sick and tired of hearing "yet to commence" crap! Make dem start the bridge sharp sharp!
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Policewoman(f): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2013
thelastPope:

OBJ spent 8years and didnt even give it a thouhght. Now that GEJ has indicated interest and even shown great commitment, the jealous bigots are here running their mouths. Love it or Hate it, GEJ is occupying ASOROCK till 2019. If you no like am, follow una oga go drink RAT POISON.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by thelastPope(m): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2013
ewet:
This is a futile promise as usual. Elections are coming, hasnt the 2nd niger brridge bin an issue even used by GEJ himself to campaign in 2011.

I wasnt aware there is elections this year. Can you give us more details please?

1 Like

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by thelastPope(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
Onlytruth:

Most of us Igbo are staunch GEJ supporters. We are beginning to wonder whether it is worth it.
Okay, here is why we are apprehensive. Pray, how long does it take to begin work on a project of this nature? GEJ has been there for 2 years with NOTHING on ground in the bridge to show. If work is already going on NOW at the site, you will not see these types of talks. You see the bridges that Akpabio (a mere governor) is building in Akwa Ibom, with state funds?
All we have so far are promises. All these can change of course when construction starts at the site and work progress seen.
We are not fools you know. Igbo say that one cannot easily hide a pregnancy.
Honestly, we want to see work on that site YESTERDAY.
We will not like to lose a fight that we can easily win. GEJ has to KEEP our votes, that's all.

I am quite disappointed with your post. I understand if you are skeptical, but your analysis is what I have a problem with. You cannot compare Akpabio who is 6 years on the job to GEJ's 2 years. That is absurd.

Secondly, if you know anything about engineering and government processes, you should know how long it will take to plan a bridge like that. The process of design and geological survey alone cannot take less than a year. It is not a road, it is a bridge. Also, the time is will take to source funds for the project. These funds are not lying idle somewhere. The government had to concession it. Do you know how long that can take? I am actually amazed they could get it concessioned in less than 2 years, considering the amount involved. It is important that before we comment on these things, we must try and google to at least get an idea how it works elsewhere. It is like the foool yesterday who was shouting that the train took 30 hours and I had to show him that Texas to California on train takes 2 days for their locomotive trains. GEJ is not perfect and can never be because he is human, but what I mostly find disturbing and faulty with most of the criticisms I see is that they are not based on fact or on fair judgement. The earliest I can blame GEJ for not commencing work on the second Niger bridge will be 3 years. To be fair, no Nigerian president has embarked on so much activities at the same time in 2 years like GEJ. In fact, most have not even come close. In 2 years, OBJ as civilian president was still arranging his office desk. Buhari ruled almost 2 years and his only achievement was to flog people on the streets. Shagari did nothing. Babangida in 2 years was still trying to justify why we should accept military rule. Abacha? Nothing to wite about. Only OBJ in his military rule is comparable.

3 Likes

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by mrofficial2(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
Politics at play. The bridge will be the heart winner of every easterner, right? Most Nigerians only see through their noses.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by PointB: 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Even the ones that did not raise a finger on the issue of second Niger Bridge since 1979 has always gotten your votes. I dont understand your anger on this issue. Is it because Peter Obi's name was mentioned?

Previous report was that the Bridge will be completed in 2017 but I was pleasantly surprised to hear the minister say it will be completed in 2015.

The project is worth about N100billion, out of which FG will bring N30billion and Julius Berger N70billion.

I'm very sure of the construction of the bridge under this dispensation because the project is part of SURE-P. Any project under SURE-P is a forgone conclusion because the funds, which is usually the major cause of abandoned projects in Nig, is READY at hand.

However, what I dont know is whether they'll meet up with the target of completing it in 2015.

Second Niger bridge was part of GEJ campaign promise to the SE as you rightly noted. That Gov Peter Obi has taken it upon himself to follow-up with this issue is very commendable, and whatever reason you think my 'anger' is due to a mention of his name is best left to your imagination. I consider Peter Obi one of the very good and prudent governors across the Niger River if you must know.

However, you will agree with me that it is in the best interest of Goodluck Jonathan to complete the project within his first term, as Igboland is litered with abandoned FG projects. So best he completes it before 2015 balloting commences alongside the Onitsha River Port, and Enugu International Airport as those will certainly be discounted in Igboland as campaign issues by then. Enough time has been wasted as it were on this very important bridge already! We should be talking about high speed rail lines within and across region, not some bridge.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Akpan107(m): 3:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: God bless the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

God bless Governor Peter Obi!!

God bless Anambra state!!!

God bless Nigeria!!!!
...In JESUS name, Amen!
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Syncan(m): 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
ewet: This is like the 1000th time the FG has promised to start work on the 2nd Niger bridge. Now GEJ is playing this card for 2015 by goin ahead to deceive our south east brodas. Gov. Obi on the other hand has dissapointed me on this issue. For a city that is as commercially viable like Onitsha a PPP option btw the state govts of Delta and Anambra state and a private concessionaire cannot be too dificult. Why wait to go cap in hand to beg abuja to build this bridge. This is either lack of foresight or outright laziness on the part of Gov.Obi.

You actually have every right to feel this way, however, it will be a failed campaign strategy if by the end of 2014, we do not have about 50% completion. On Anambra and Delta State combining for a PPP, do not forget that that is a federal road,no knowledgeable company operating in Nigeria will enter into such a concession without the federal govt. And that's what Obi has been pushing for.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Costa2000(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
Good news
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Once the Second Niger Bridge is completed, the First Niger Bridge should be shutdown for major maintenance, repair and rehabilitation by a credible engineering firm for one year at least.

Even, the Bridge might need repainting once repair, maintenance and rehabilitation is completed. If not the metalic silver then the golden gate bridge red would be nice.

Street lights, pedestrian barriers and better roads and road markings/lane demarcations. Ndiigbo need to get fresh. lollz

Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by bandb: 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
This is really a welcome news coming from GEJ even though it is belated. Political realities should have informed GEJ that actual work should have commenced at the site by now and not this "about to commence" sermon.
Deliver 50 percent of this project by 2015 and you will have 110 percent of our votes.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
Two years to complete such a short bridge? World tallest and one of the longest bridges in the world took 3 years and few months, The MILLAU VIADUCT! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Link
HERE

1.Image of Millau Viaduct.

2.Image of Millau Viaduct.

3. Image of Millau Viaduct.

4. Video of Millau Viaduct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIOFgQc3EU4
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by ewet: 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
Syncan:

You actually have every right to feel this way, however, it will be a failed campaign strategy if by the end of 2014, we do not have about 50% completion. On Anambra and Delta State combining for a PPP, do not forget that that is a federal road,no knowledgeable company operating in Nigeria will enter into such a concession without the federal govt. And that's what Obi has been pushing for.
Hear your self. we r talking abt the 2nd naija bridge totally diff from the old one, with its own link roads. Looking at the distance btw asaba and onitsha i do not think its too much of a distance and its somthing the stste can do on their own without having to wait for the FG and allowing themselves to be continually fooled. The states govt can build a second bridge thru PPP.
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by EKONGKING: 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
thelastPope:

GEJ won majority 90% of votes in the old eastern region .He has to put the project on the fast tract . excuses wont work angry angry angry
Re: Second Niger-Bridge To Be Completed Before 2015 - Minister Of Works by Syncan(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
ewet:
Hear your self. we r talking abt the 2nd naija bridge totally diff from the old one, with its own link roads. Looking at the distance btw asaba and onitsha i do not think its too much of a distance and its somthing the stste can do on their own without having to wait for the FG and allowing themselves to be continually fooled. The states govt can build a second bridge thru PPP.

Please find out what makes a road federal or state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abubakar Sidiq Usman To Contest For APC National Publicity Secretary (Photos) / Imo House Of Assembly Suspends 27 LGAs Chairmen / 2023: Tambuwal Consult Governor Okowa, Delta PDP On Presidential Bid (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.