Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim (2540 Views)

Ex-muslim Talks About Islam And Saudi Arabia / Ex-muslim Tell Why They Left Islam / Ex-muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim by tbaba1234: 12:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
Allahu Akbar!!!!

A breaking news in the Netherlands: Ex-member of Geert Wilders’s right-wing anti-Islam Freedom Party, Arnoud van Doorn, surprisingly declared his conversion to Islam according to "De Telegraaf", Netherland's most widely read newspaper.

Arnoud announced in Dutch his "Nieuwe start" (New start) as a Muslim on Twitter. Until 2011, Arnoud van Doorn was a member of the fiery, far-right, anti-Islam, anti-immigration Partij voor de Vrijheid (PVV) Dutch party.

Arnoud posted a tweet in Arabic declaring his Shahadah (Testimony of Faith). Given his previous negative views on Islam, Arnoud's story was a shock to many who doubted and harshly criticized the announcement, which is still a subject of debate on twitter. In another tweet, he expressed his grief and discomfort with "the many hateful comments on social media".

Arnoud's account was deluged with hundreds of followers and positive comments backing and congratulating his choice.

We welcome Arnoud to Islam and ask God to guide him to His right path.

In an interview with Al-Jazeera.net, Doorn confirmed the news of his conversion. "For more than a year now I have been learning deeply about Islam through books and talks.

"No doubt, other than those close, many are shocked by the decision, particularly those who know of my anti-Islam stands. And this is why they are questioning it."

On the grounds for his decision Arnoud explained: "I am a person who is looking beneath the surface of things, so I judge them not according to the appearance or just what's said and heard.

"After communicating with a Muslim colleague at The Hague's city council- and after long discussions in fact- he directed me to the Sunni mosque where I was embraced with all kindness and affection. My decision came later as I freely embraced Islam. And it is one of my own, out of the question."

And on quitting a party known with its open enmity against Islam, and being at time one of its voices, Doorn said: "We all make mistakes. But, regardless of that, I see for every life experience there’s a meaning. And my own experience has its relevance to my new choice."

"I've learned so much from such experience. And I believe it is the reason why I am a Muslim now. It is a new beginning of my life I ask God to guide me through", he concluded.

Sources: http://www.aljazeera.net/news/pages/74a09174-027a-43c3-8f2c-b66247fdba38?GoogleStatID=9
http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/21340039/__Oud-PVV_er_nu_moslim__.html

Re: Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim by vedaxcool(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
Alhamdulilah! Front page please, so that the many Arnouds' of NL can see there is hope for them to find the truth; Islam.
Re: Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim by deols(f): 3:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
I saw this picture and it was soo hilarious to me. I am happy for the brother. May Allah strengthen us(born into Islam) in the d3en.

Re: Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim by tbaba1234: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
^I have the video of his interview on my hard drive. Awesome brother.

The point here is that we pray for those that hate Islam. Allah is the one that guides. Umar was on his way to kill the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him),before Allah guided him, Today, he is buried next to him.
Re: Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim by Geewan(m): 11:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
^^^
Seconded
Re: Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim by ibrobell(m): 7:09am On Mar 21, 2013
Ahamdulilah. Am happuy for him
Re: Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim by deols(f): 6:50am On Mar 22, 2013
@tbaba, can u pls send d link 2 d video?

And

About praying for the unbelievers, that is d best thing. I see very good people and I just wish they can be Muslims. It is d best thing that can happen to anyone.

Alhamdulillah.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Terminologies Like Shiites Muslim, Sufi Muslim, Sunni Muslim / COVID-19: Ramadan In Mecca Great Mosque, 2019 Vs 2020 In Photos / How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.