Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... (680 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Many Churches Are Still Following The Law Of Moses. / 8 Facts That Proove All White Garment Churches Are Demon Possessed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by chillykelly86(m): 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
Let us discuss, here, issues that are evident in various denominations but are not Biblical...

Please, let your tone be moderated and contribute in such a manner as to build others up and not destroy the faith of brethren.
God bless you.
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by chillykelly86(m): 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
What do we say to the collection of "Membership dues" by some denominations?
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by Goshen360(m): 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
^ How do you mean "membership dues"? Which one be that again o? shocked
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by Yooguyz: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
Goshen360: ^ How do you mean "membership dues"? Which one be that again o? shocked
most churchs here do it, just that they come with titles
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by ijawkid(m): 1:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
What kinda dues??.......
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by Goshen360(m): 2:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
^ Yes, we need to know what that membership due is before I can comment. Is it that they collect dues for being a member of such denomination or what? I need to know what it is please. Thank you.
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by chillykelly86(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2013
Yooguyz: most churches here do it, just that they come with titles

Like yooguyz rightly said, they usually come with different titles, "Stewardship", "Membership", "Class fees", etc.
The common denominator, however, is usually that those who do not meet the minimum requirements are not entitled to "rights" of a "full member" such as receiving welfare packages, voting during elections, etc
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by ogoamaka99(m): 9:33am On Mar 21, 2013
@poster,
Why fish where there is no water? Do you go to church at all? Any due no matter the name it bears once "membership" is attached is for members only and not for visitors. This is a form of welfare contribution and you must be committed to that contribution before the church is committed in case of any eventualities against any member. I know of a member in one church, who contributed only 7,000 naira in five years. The church paid i50,000 hospital bill for him because he can't afford it. If you are committed the church will be committed unto you if not you are on your own.
Re: Where The "Churches" Are Getting It Wrong ... by chillykelly86(m): 10:03am On Mar 22, 2013
ogoamaka99: @poster,
Why fish where there is no water? Do you go to church at all? Any due no matter the name it bears once "membership" is attached is for members only and not for visitors. This is a form of welfare contribution and you must be committed to that contribution before the church is committed in case of any eventualities against any member. I know of a member in one church, who contributed only 7,000 naira in five years. The church paid i50,000 hospital bill for him because he can't afford it. If you are committed the church will be committed unto you if not you are on your own.
Are you saying, in other words, that the church is (financially) committed to those who are (financially) committed to it? If that is so, (in the words of Jesus Christ), what are they doing more than the "pagans"? Are not even unbelievers financially committed to those who are committed to them?
Financial commitment was never one of the considerations of Jesus Christ(in whose footsteps we profess to walk) in doing good, was it?

(1) (Reply)

Every Trial Is To Bring You To A Greater Position In God / False Teachers? What Makes A Person One? / Killing In The Course Of Official Duty: What's Your View?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.