Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

False Teachers? What Makes A Person One? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / False Teachers? What Makes A Person One? (679 Views)

The Lord Our God Is "One Lord" ( One Person= One Lord) / Beware Of False Teachers Parading Themselves Here On This Forum / Strong Bible Teachers What Does This Mean MATTHEW 24 VS 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

False Teachers? What Makes A Person One? by ikemofepo(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
I opened this thread primarily because of posts I have seen referring to one member of this forum or the other as a false teacher. Frosbel comes to my mind readily. How true is this? Frosbel believes the following:

Righteousness is by faith apart from the deeds of the Law
Heaven is God's throne and the earth he has made for the Children of men
The doctrine of eternal torture is not consistent with the scriptures
The immortality of Man's spirit must be from a Pagan origin and cannot be traced to God's Word. It is Christ that gives us immortality and man in his fallen state does not possess unconditional immortality
Tithing is a law thing and any giving in the new testament must be consistent with 1 Corinthians 9.

Is Frosbel lying? Is he a false teacher? Over time, the bible and christianity, like many other religions of the world have been used as a tool for oppressing people, which was not God's intent for giving His word. The Bible is not a tool for "tackling" people but no, we have been made to read the bible with a guided tour and hence, we cannot see beyond what our MEN OF GOD want us to see. They will tell you Jesus told you to pay tithes but ignore the fact that he says we should not stay in hotels when we go to minister the gospel. Who is actually lying? Is Frosbel quoting the book of Mormon. Isn't it high time we started studying outside of the guided tour religion has given us? Over to NairaLanders!
Re: False Teachers? What Makes A Person One? by bizmahn: 4:59am On Jun 23, 2013
Is frosbel the final authority in christianity? Is he the only one that reads and comprehends the bible more than all? Does it not occur to you that mr frosbel opposes what thousands of reputable people of God from the time of the apostles till now believed,preached,or even died for. To mention but a few such men like Charles finney,John wesley,John Knox,David Brainerd,Jonathan Edwards,Hudson Taylor, John'praying' Hyde,Smith wigglesworth,John Lake,Charles price,F.F Bosworth and a thousand others.Men that lived far more holy lives than frosbel or any of us can easily muster today,men that shook kingdoms,won millions of souls to christ,caused nationwide spiritual awakenings of prayer and righteousness,healed millions of incurable sick people,fasted & prayed far more,suffered far more for christ than many today can bear,some saw the Lord Jesus & holy angels face to face several times in their lifetime,some even sealed their faith with their blood in matyrdom.
Most of these men preached and upheld most of what Mr frosbel calls heresy today.At least all of them fully upheld the eternal torment doctrine as the apostles of christ did but of which mr frosbel twists the scriptures regarding this matter to his fancy just because he belongs to the brand of christians that cannot bear to see a loving father rewarding sin & willful disobedience. I ask again Is frosbel the final authority? When you decide you can't do without sin, be it alcohol,smoking,being ga`y ,lust,pride,nud`e & immoral fashion etc just look in the bible with that idle in your heart & in that blinded state the scripture becomes twisted to suit your desire.That is what you see played out today in the several misinterpretations of the bible.
...I the Lord will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;Ezekiel 14:3,4.
Therefore God gave them over to their sinful desires.. Rom.1:24

(1) (Reply)

Church Roles In The Rise Of Beer Parlours, Joints And Hotels In Nigeria / What Do You Think Abt CYON??? / My Daily Devotion .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.