Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,544 members, 7,861,573 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:48 PM

My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo (9900 Views)

My Phobia Story / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / Mental illness May Be The 'price' We Pay For Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Michky: 8:34am On Mar 18, 2013
pekelepekele:

Protesting is not a bad thing and God is not even against war if you read through the old testament you would have read about prophets praying for the isrealites soldiers before they go to war but the question is this if Nigeria is not having a spiritual problem why haven't we all march to Abuja just like you said . It takes a lot of fasting and prayers with much effort to make large number of people to have the same view about something and also act.

Nigerians are suffering and smiling today because the Virtual Nigeria is in the hands of the devil . During the fuel subsidy protest we almost had a breakthrough but what did NLC did? the devil used them against us . Lets keep praying for this country and there will be a day that I believe is no longer far away that people will gather up again and that time NLC decisions won't be able to stop us because by now we all have seen clearly who they really were
Aside one junk i read from Billioniare recently, i think the bolded is another really huge junk. I have hereby come to the conclusion that its either you and billyioniare have been mentally unstable for quite a while or you're both just starting out. sad
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2013
pekelepekele: [b]What baffles me about Adebola Rayo case was that she never mentioned anything like looking for spiritual help that alone truly prove that she is suffering from a spiritual problem.

Let me break it down a little if there is any particular fellow suffering from a powerful demonic attack it always end up affecting SUCH PERSON'S MIND AND NOT THE BRAIN. For every human being to live peacefully it is from your mind and if anyone will live the opposite it is also from the mind.

Example one can be rich and still be feeling poor if he won't stop looking at the people at the top and understand that there is time for everything and also that you won't archive anything God is not willing to give to you.

The signs anyone suffering from a demonic attacks are

HAVING AN UNSETTLED MIND people always end up tagging it as Brain problem but the fact about it is that anything that affects your MIND will affect everything about you. which means if you notice your mind have not being stable for couple of days quickly seek for spiritual help and open up to people before it degenerates to something serious.

An unsettled mind is a serious problem it won't resolve itself if you don't quickly seek for help in fact the demon is so strong that it won't want to get out of anyone suffering from such problem until it claims the person's life and then jump into another person.

other signs you will be experiencing if you are having an Unsettled Mind you won't feel like going to churches or mosques. or lets say going for a while and then tagging the pastors or imams at the churches or mosques you visited as fraudsters or other evil names and another is that such people always end up fighting their closest friends which is anybody trying to help them out of their problem.

Why is because the demon inside of them won't want to get out of them ., This demon will always make them give silly excuses and always protect them from evil things happening to other people so that it can stay in such person's life till it accomplish the mission which is CLAIMING THE PERSON'S LIFE most times through a suicidal act and another one is that most people with mental illness don't fall ill easily because that demon won't want them to fall sick so that he or she won't visit a hospital and that way their won't be a solution to the problem

& it's this same spirit that will be telling them not to let people know what is going on with them because people will mock him or her . If another person even try to ask her what is really wrong with such fellow . He won't be able to explain clearly

I have attended a pastoral college before that is how I know all these things.

In general if Adebola Rayo and any other suffering from this kind of problem can seek for spiritual help they will be healed and if anyone here think he or she has a problem once that problem is still letting you go to mosques or churches that is not a strong problem it will be solved very soon.

[/b]
you don't have any thing meaningful to contribute joor. Your lots are busy instilling fears into gullable persons in the name of demonic attack. Repent before is too late. Mental ill-ness does not mean demon. Psychological or vegetative distonia could be as a result of exam failure and other factors which has no bearing with your so called demon and it may suprise you to know that 1000mg of vitamin C and follic acid with get the person going again. Pls stop propagating fears for it does no good to our society. Check up on a man named Paul Gascoine and see how he was helped to rediscover his true self last week
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Michky: 8:41am On Mar 18, 2013
Michaeljones36: @OP...I understand what you are saying, but think about it.

If a person get's 419'ed and develops a hatred for all Nigerians, would you not call him a fool?
If a black man robbed a white man, and that white man became racist against all black people, would you not call him a fool as well?

You should have a fear of Okara...not the mentally ill.

Jus sayin!
Dude, just the same way i won't advise any of my friends to walk bye any stray dog defenseless, i won't also advise same for the mentally ill aswell. Reason? Unpredictability . In other words, the actions of dogs (and other wild/untrained lower animals likewise) is just as unpredictable as that of the mentally ill (especially those chronic ones on the streets). I absolutely do not blame the OP in this instance.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 18, 2013
velo10: What's stunnning is that I know Rayo personally, very pretty girl. If you see her, you'll want to date her. Didn't know she had these challenges.

What you just said is very wrong. So if i tell you i have a headache will you make this same sily comment about me A sickness is a sickness, i know several beautiful young ladies that suffer extreme mood swings and behavioural imbalance so you knowing the OP makes no sense to us. Okay?

Stop being childish.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2013
khanivorous: Hahha.. @ op, you think you got phobia, huh?

Try going to aba in abia state.. You will definitely see a city of madness

Aba people are sane when compared with people in Lagos and Onitsha.

Take a round madness tour before concluding.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Michky: 9:17am On Mar 18, 2013
okpara ugo:

What you just said is very wrong. So if i tell you i have a headache will you make this same sily comment about me A sickness is a sickness, i know several beautiful young ladies that suffer extreme mood swings and behavioural imbalance so you knowing the OP makes no sense to us. Okay?

Stop being childish.

Personally, when i first saw the Rayo's thread, i expected to read something different from what she wrote. I really don't want to believe she's mentally ill as she said (although we all know mental illness comes in different forms). What i mean is, almost every Nigerian experiences mood swings and the other symptoms highlighted by Rayo. Is it then safe to say almost every Nigerian have mental problems? I have spoken to a few people with mental problems and from their answers and responses, one can easily deduce their mental state.

I.e. Someone telling you that he knows comandos are out to get him. They use helicopters and fighter jets to hover around his neighbourhood (the same neighbourhood you reside in BTW) in order to spy on him and take him away. They've even tapped his gsm line.

Ofcourse, we all know what symptoms this is. Like i said, i expected alot more from Rayo. She's not mentally ill in my opinion. Perhaps some personality problems here and there. Definiately not mental problem (Madness).

This is my opinion by the way.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by SOJ111(m): 10:30am On Mar 18, 2013
You don't have to look far before you know loads of Nigerians have one form of mental illness or the other, just check those who are quick to comment on Nairaland: ''first to coment @ a post' and add no other comment. Does that sound normal?
I think showing love and understanding which you did is highly commendable & I don't think you should be too hard on yourself. Love and understanding does play a part in the healing process.
Also people who spiritualize everything seem to get it wrong, there is a place for solutions to problems in the physical realm. I don't think the church/mosque/spiritual centre is a place to help people with mental illness
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by cowgurl: 10:50am On Mar 18, 2013
I empathize with the writer but I think the writer's response to Okara is what triggered the attack cos even a sane man would respond in like manner with such daring responses from the writer.
He, the writer should also learn that people with mental issues need to be treated with extra respect and love even when they are doing wrong cos they ain't sane to be cognizant.

..And yes! I agree with Adebola Rayo's stance on that, also wishing her the quickest recovery.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Parnassuss(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2013
The Okara fellow doesn't seem to be a mental patient, the guy's life is effing hard and stress riddled. You kept seeing everything from YOUR perspective @OP so don't go calling everyone with a hard life mentally unstable abeg, you are just patronizing them at that.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by maclatunji: 11:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Sisi_Kill: A Handsome writer's experience with Mental Illness

. . .. . .shouldn't that be the Title of this thread?!! tongue

Aiight, all jokes apart. . .OP, nice write up and nice of you to want to help but I think your mistake is in thinking showing "Love and Care" can cure mental illness. There IS a reason why there are professionals. . .doctors who specialize in this. I mean this is like taking you car to a caterer and wondering why dust from flour comes out of the exhaust.

I think you misunderstand the part of Rayo's post you quoted, she ain't saying try to cure them, she is saying understand they are SICK and often times they can't help their behavior.

Sarcasm on point.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by maclatunji: 11:47am On Mar 18, 2013
Michky:
Personally, when i first saw the Rayo's thread, i expected to read something different from what she wrote. I really don't want to believe she's mentally ill as she said (although we all know mental illness comes in different forms). What i mean is, almost every Nigerian experiences mood swings and the other symptoms highlighted by Rayo. Is it then safe to say almost every Nigerian have mental problems? I have spoken to a few people with mental problems and from their answers and responses, one can easily deduce their mental state.

I.e. Someone telling you that he knows comandos are out to get him. They use helicopters and fighter jets to hover around his neighbourhood (the same neighbourhood you reside in BTW) in order to spy on him and take him away. They've even tapped his gsm line.

Ofcourse, we all know what symptoms this is. Like i said, i expected alot more from Rayo. She's not mentally ill in my opinion. Perhaps some personality problems here and there. Definiately not mental problem (Madness).

As far as I am concerned, if you have a headache, you are mentally ill. In fact, we are all mentally ill to some degree.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Michky: 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
maclatunji:

As far as I am concerned, if you have a headache, you are mentally ill. In fact, we are all mentally ill to some degree.
Interesting. I really can't fault your opinion cause you've said the fact. I was actually talking about the chronic cases.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by minute(f): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
I was watching CNN the other day and they had Dr.Phil on there. He was saying . . ."If you know anyone who might

seem to be mentally unstable, please call you local law enforcement, they can help you". This is your responsib-

ility. I had to give a sarcastic little laugh. Society does very little to help with mental health issues.

I think we are going backwards with mental health care/issues/advocacy.

It scares me that Dr. Phil is dispensing this advice.

Did you go to the police with evidence of his crazy behavour . . .yup . .did he get arrested and locked up . . yep.
Did he get help? No, he was slapped with a retraining order and is back home.

You know, I cannot help but wonder if you actually noticed his state of mind before he planned that incident.

Oh yeah . .I am waiting for us to be chained to walls again or be killed in mass in a Holocaust. Yes, I truly fear this
It's like witch hunt anymore.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by Kairoseki77: 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
minute: I was watching CNN the other day and they had Dr.Phil on there. He was saying . . ."If you know anyone who might

seem to be mentally unstable, please call you local law enforcement, they can help you". This is your responsib-

ility. I had to give a sarcastic little laugh. Society does very little to help with mental health issues.

I think we are going backwards with mental health care/issues/advocacy.

It scares me that Dr. Phil is dispensing this advice.

Did you go to the police with evidence of his crazy behavour . . .yup . .did he get arrested and locked up . . yep.
Did he get help? No, he was slapped with a retraining order and is back home.

You know, I cannot help but wonder if you actually noticed his state of mind before he planned that incident.

Oh yeah . .I am waiting for us to be chained to walls again or be killed in mass in a Holocaust. Yes, I truly fear this
It's like witch hunt anymore.

Dr. Phil is not actually a medical doctor. It's all lies for TV.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by tpia5: 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
^he's a psychologist.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by tpia5: 11:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
Michky:
Personally, when i first saw the Rayo's thread, i expected to read something different from what she wrote. I really don't want to believe she's mentally ill as she said

She's not mentally ill in my opinion. Perhaps some personality problems here and there. Definiately not mental problem (Madness).

why do people kreep insisting the lady is not mentally ill?

you mean even if she hadnt written anything, you couldnt tell?
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by velo10: 5:20am On Mar 19, 2013
okpara ugo:

Stop being childish.

That's the problem with Nairaland. Someone comes up feeling more intelligent and tries to impose he/she is right about everything. Well I take it with a pinch of salt.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by FXKing2012(m): 7:14am On Mar 19, 2013
tpia@:

why do people kreep insisting the lady is not mentally ill?

you mean even if she hadnt written anything, you couldnt tell?

People pls beware! This lady is a scammer.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by FXKing2012(m): 7:15am On Mar 19, 2013
tpia@:
^he's a psychologist.

You have been exposed as a scammer and fraudster.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by AnOlderAmerican(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sisi_Kill: A Handsome writer's experience with Mental Illness

. . .. . .shouldn't that be the Title of this thread?!! tongue

Aiight, all jokes apart. . .OP, nice write up and nice of you to want to help but I think your mistake is in thinking showing "Love and Care" can cure mental illness. There IS a reason why there are professionals. . .doctors who specialize in this. I mean this is like taking you car to a caterer and wondering why dust from flour comes out of the exhaust.

I think you misunderstand the part of Rayo's post you quoted, she ain't saying try to cure them, she is saying understand they are SICK and often times they can't help their behavior.

I concur, I see and have seen a therapist for a year now on a weekly basis for severe bi-polar depression and obsessive compulsive disorder. While I truly feel comfortable and open with my Dr. Because of his warm, understanding, non-judgmental, and cordial manner I can say unequivocally that "we are not friends nor should we be!" Next time O. P. DRAW THE LINE @ SIMPLE CHARITY and slipping him a note with the telephone number and address of a mental health outreach program.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by itstpia8: 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
FXKing2012:

People pls beware! I am a scammer.

FXKing2012:

I have been exposed as a scammer and fraudster..

as you prosper in your lies, may God forgive you.
Re: My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo by itstpia8: 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
back to topic.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For November 12 2020 In Nigeria / Cure For Halitosis (bad Breath/mouth Odour) / 10 Diseases You Should Know That Show Up In Your Nails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.