Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,874 members, 7,862,934 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah (1350 Views)

The Meaning Of Salafiyyah, Ahlus-sunnah Wal' Jamaa'ah & Other Terms / Al-israa Wal-me'raj (the Ascension Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 5:41am On Mar 17, 2013
Another dimension without 'namecalling.' Insha Allaah, you would like it.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by vedaxcool(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
@OP
Salam, I don't know what angle u are coming from, but u wouldn't do ur own thread any good by falling for their provocation, u have an objective pursue it and ignore their cries, if I were u, I approach people like this with pity, the same way I pity an atheist, a christian, a pagan etc! So calm down and do justice to this thread, remember patience is key when showing misguided people the truth well patience can sometimes jump off a bridge when the bridge comes under attack! And remember the report botton is an ally and veda is general grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
@vedaxcool, may Allaah reward u best. But why was my reply hidden and his venom allowed? Whoever has done that has been unfair. Well I will go and open another thread.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by Rafidi: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
abulbanaat: @vedaxcool, may Allaah reward u best. But why was my reply hidden and his venom allowed? Whoever has done that has been unfair. Well I will go and open another thread.

ouch! you now sound frustrated.but i'd offer a piece of advice.it is not a good idea to keep opening threads and abandoning them,or running away from them.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by maclatunji: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
I am just seeing the comments on this thread. OP, keep your thread clean.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 5:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ok, I am going to continue the thread now that the comment has been removed. And Insha Allaah I will not pay attention to 'them'.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
Insha Allaah I will be mentioning the nitty-gritty of the belief of AhlusSunnah Wal Jamaa'ah. Who are they? They are those upon what Messenger of Allaah and his Companions were in terms of Aqeedah (belief), Manhaj (methodology), Ibaadah (worship), Suluuk (manners) etc. They are called Ahlus-Sunnah – People of Sunnah, because they hold to the authentic Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah, and are called Al-Jamaa’ah, because they are united upon that. The Messenger of Allaah did authentically inform us that the Ummah will divide into 73 sects, all of them in the Hell except one, ‘Those upon what I and my Companions are ’ in the paramenters I earlier mentioned. Holding to what the Prophet and the Companions were upon is the safe Islam. Any other thought is definitely misguidance, according to the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

Insha Allaah in the next lesson, I will bring the Verses and Ahadiths talking about the virtue of the Companions.
Meanwhile, whoever can lay his hand on Haa’iyyah of Ibn Abee Daawud should try and do so, it is from the Nadhm we shall be bringing our points. Insha Allaah I will accompany it with the commentary of Shaykh Muhammad bn Zayd Al-Madkhalee – hafidhahullah.

Hope to meet you in the next lesson, Insha Allaah.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:44am On Mar 18, 2013
The Excellence of the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – in the Qur'aan and Purified Sunnah. By 'Purified Sunnah', we mean authentic narrations that have come from the Prophet – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam.
First Verse : Allaah the Mighty Lord said,

'And the first to embrace Islâm of the Muhâjirûn (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansâr (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhâjirûn) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allâh is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. that is the Supreme success.' [Q.9 v. 100].

Akhee, if you read the Verse very carefully, it is enough to make you understand that the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – were righteous and upright men and women. Allaah said they were ' the first to embrace Islâm ' (as-Saabiqoon al-awwaloon), He praised for that 'first position' and He never said they backslided nor apostatized. Rather He stated very clearly that '[He] is well-pleased with them.' That phrase, 'well-pleased with them,' Akhee, ponder over it, it means Allaah was/is never angry with them. Yes they were humans, they could make one mistake or the other, but the fact that they were the first to embrace Islam with the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam –, upon faith, is enough for them to earn the everlasting pleasure of Allaah. Hear His Eternal Promise for them, Allaahu Akbar, 'He has prepared for them gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever…' thus whoever said the Companions became unbelievers after the demise of the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – has belied Allaah Who said they would earn His Everlasting Pleasure. And if such were to say, the Verse was referring to just some of the Companions, then such has come with the furthest meaning not known with the people of correct knowledge. Therefore such an interpretation could have just come from some whims and caprices.

Akhee, if you can read Arabic, you have to learn it if you have not, then read the tafseer of the Verse ib the following sources: Tafseer Al-Qurtubee 8/236; Tafseer Ar-Raazee 16/168-172, Al-Awaasim minal Qawaasim 1/180. Baarakallaahu feek.

Important Notice, the word 'akhee' means 'my brother.' It is just a polite manner of showing love to one's brother in Islam. As for ' Baarakallaahu feek,' it means, 'may Allaah bless you.'
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Second Verse: The Statement of Allaah, the Mighty Lord:

'Allâh has forgiven the Prophet, the Muhajirûn (Muslim emigrants who left their homes and came to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (Muslims of Al-Madinah) who followed Him (Muhammad) in the time of distress (Tabûk expedition, etc.), after the hearts of a party of them had nearly deviated (from the Right Path, that is the trio who stayed back from the battle), but He accepted their repentance. Certainly, He is unto them full of kindness, Most Merciful.' [Q.9 v.117].

The Verse also praised all the Companions who fought behind the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – in the Battle of Tabuk and said He specially forgave the trio who stayed behind unjustifiably from the battle. Allaah forgiving the Prophet – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam – and the Companions here means that He is pleased with them, having known what they hid and made open in the hearts. Indeed the Verse is a proof against those who dispraise the Companions.

You can check, Ahkaamul-Qur'aan 4/371.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2013
Third Verse: The Statement of Allaah, the Mighty Lord:

'O Prophet (Muhammad)! Allâh is sufficient for you and for the believers who follow you.' [Q.8 v.64].

'The believers who follow you'[color=#990000][/color] when this Verse was revealed were not other than Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan, Alee, etc. May Allaah be pleased with all of them without any exception. So Allaah is sufficient for the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – and for the Companions, and other believers that would come after them. What is important from the Verse is that Allaah recognized them by saying He is sufficient for them.

In fact , in some interpretation of the Verse, ' and for the believers who follow you ' is said to mean, Allaah is sufficient for you so also is the believers who follow you sufficient for you. Although this interpretation has been said to be very weak yet the fact remains that friends of a person can also be his source of strength. No wonder the Companions were ready to lay their lives for the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – in battles and occasions.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:48am On Mar 18, 2013
And the following Verses specifically praised the Muhaajiroon on the lead of whom were Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan and Alee:

One, 'Verily, those who have believed, and those who have emigrated (for Allâh's religion) and have striven hard In the Way of Allâh, all these hope for Allâh's Mercy. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful.' [Al-Baqarah: 218].

Two, 'Those who emigrated in the Cause of Allâh and after that were killed or died, surely, Allâh will provide a good provision for them. and Verily, it is Allâh who indeed is the best of those who make provision. Truly, He will make them enter an Entrance with which they shall be well-pleased, and Verily, Allâh indeed is All-Knowing, Most Forbearing. Truly, He will make them enter an Entrance with which they shall be well-pleased, and Verily, Allâh indeed is All-Knowing, Most Forbearing. '[Hajj: 58-59].

Ponder on this aspect of the Verse, 'and after that were killed or died.' That is, it is the same whether those Muhaajiroon were killed in battles or naturally died later, 'surely, Allâh will provide a good provision for them' not only that, 'He will make them enter an Entrance with which they shall be well-pleased.'
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:49am On Mar 18, 2013
Whoever is hating the Companions is in trouble!
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:50am On Mar 18, 2013
And when we say it is there in the Qur'aan that it is mandatory upon us to follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah according to the understanding of the Companions because they were the people that saw the Qur'aan and Sunnah in action hence they understood them better than those who came after them. Here are some of the Verses:

'And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad) after the Right Path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers' way. We shall keep Him In the Path He has chosen, and burn Him In Hell - what an evil destination.' [Nisaa: 115].

The Verse is very clear in saying the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – must be obeyed and the 'path of the believers' must be followed. Akhee, 'the believers' mentioned in the Verses when it was revealed were not me and you because we had not come on, rather they were the believers, the Companions, that were with the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam. Hence the Verse is a warning against me and you that we should never oppose the path of the believers. So the two go hand-in-hand, obeying the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – and following the path of the believers in doing so. What is the result of whoever fails to do that? You can read the rest of the Verse for the answer, just go back now and read it.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:52am On Mar 18, 2013
Another Verse:

'So if they believe in the like of that which you believe, Then they are rightly guided, but if they turn away, Then they are Only In opposition. So Allâh will suffice You against them. and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.' [Al-Baqarah: 137].

In the Verse above, Allaah the Mighty informed us that the Jews and the Christians (and of course every other person beside them) is not rightly guided until they believe

'in the like that which you believe.' You might not have got the message clearly, the accusative pronoun 'you' there is not singular rather it is plural. In fact, the Verse is saying the Jews and the Christians will not be rightly guided unless they believe in what 'you, the Companions' believe in. so what the Companions believe in is very important, and that is what we shall be learning very much later. Therefore we must all believe in what the Companions belive in because that is the path of najaat – success. Now what will you say about those who scorn those Companions? Don't you know they are in trouble already unless they repent. May Allaah guide them.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 6:54am On Mar 18, 2013
In the next lesson Insha Allaah, we shall be looking at the authentic narrations from the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – praising the Companions, individually or jointly. I have to take a rest now, I am very sleepy.

But remember the thread is meant to teach the fundamentals of the belief of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaa'ah, can you recall the meaning of the term, 'Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jamaa'ah'? That is the Muslims who obey the Qur'aan and Sunnah not according to their personal understanding – because it is defective – but according to the understanding of the Companions who learnt directly from the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam. But we had to look at whom the Companions are so that we would appreciate them, that was what informed the Verses we have brought.

Meet you in the next lesson.

Baarakallahu feekum.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 7:03am On Mar 18, 2013
Meanwhile, I will like you to go over this answer given by one of the scholars to a question asked about the issue we are looking at.

Question: Mention some virtues of the Companions (of the Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam)); and what is the ruling of he that abuses the Companions?

Answer: There are many works on the topic among which is Al-Isâbah Fee Ma'rifatis-Sahâbah, written by Al-Hâfidh Ibn Hajar; so also Al-Istî'aab of Ibn Abdul-Barr and Asadul-Gâbah of Ibn Al-Athîr.

I shall mention some Verses of the Qur'ân and Ahâdîth of the Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) on the excellence of all the Companions; it is Allâh that grants what is correct.

Allâh the Mighty said:

"You [true believers in Islâmic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; You enjoin Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and All that Islâm has forbidden), and You believe In Allâh. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them..." [Aal-Imrân: 110].

Al-Hâfidh Ibn Kathîr said in the Tafsîr of the Verse: From Ibn Abbâs (may Allâh be pleased with him) who said: Those who migrated with the Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) from Makkah to Madînah.

What is more correct is that the Verse is general to all the Ummah; each generation according to what it possesses of goodness. But the best of the generations was that of which the Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) was raised up, then those who followed them then those who followed them; as Allâh the Mighty said in another Verse: "… thus we have made you a Wasat nation…" that is, the best nation. "… that you be witnesses over mankind …" End of quote from Tafsîr Ibn Kathîr.

Allâh the Blessed also said:

"And the first to embrace Islâm of the Muhâjirûn (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madînah) and the Ansâr (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhâjirûn) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allâh is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success." [At-Taubah: 100].

He also said:

"(And there is also a share in this booty) for the poor emigrants, who were expelled from their homes and their property, seeking bounties from Allâh and to please Him. And helping Allâh (i.e. helping his religion) and His Messenger (Muhammad). Such are indeed the truthful (to what they say). And those who, before them, had homes (in Al-Madinah) and had adopted the Faith, love those who emigrate to them, and have no jealousy In their breasts for that which they have been given (from the booty of Banî An-Nadîr), and give them (emigrants) preference over themselves, even though they were In need of that. And whosoever is saved from his own covetousness, such are they who will be the successful. And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us In Faith, and put not in our hearts any hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful." [Al-Hashr: 8-10].

Ibn Kathîr (may Allâh bestow mercy on him) said: What an excellent meaning Al-Imâm Mâlik derived from this Noble Verse; that the Raafidi who abuses the Companions will not have any share in the booty because they did not fit the description of the praise Allâh mentioned about those people in His Statement:
"And those who came after them say: "Our Lord! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith, and put not in our hearts any Hatred against those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness, Most Merciful." [Al-Hashr: 10].

He the Blessed said:

"…the Day that Allâh will not disgrace the Prophet (Muhammad) and those who believe with him..." [At-Tahrîm: 8].

Al-Imâm Al-Bukhâri said [7/3649]: The Chapter of the Excellence of the Companions of the Prophet; and any Muslim that was the companion of the Prophet or saw him is among his Companions:

Alî b. Abdillâh narrated to us, he said Sufyân narrated to us from Amr who said: I heard Jâbir b. Abdillâh saying: Abu Sa'îd Al-Khudrî narrated to us, he said: The Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) said:

'A time will come upon the people where a group among them will fight and they will say: Are there Companions of the Messenger of Allâh among you?' They will say to them: 'Yes.' Then victory would come their way. Then another time will come upon the people where a group among them will fight and it will be said: 'Are there among you those who followed the Companions of the Messenger of Allâh?' they will reply: 'Yes.' Then victory will come their way. Another time will come upon the people and a group among them will fight and it will be said: 'Are there those who followed the Followers of the Companions of the Messenger of Allâh among you?' They will reply: 'Yes.' And victory will come their way.
Muslim also reported it [4/1962].

Is'hâq narrated to me, he said An-Nadr narrated to us, he said Shu'bah told us from Abu Jamrah: I heard Zahdam b. Mudarrib saying: I heard Imrân b. Husayn (may Allâh be pleased with him) saying: The Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) said:

'The best of my Ummah is my generation then those who follow them then those who follow them.'

Imrân said: 'I do not know whether he mentioned two generations or three after his generation.'

(The Prophet (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) continuedsmiley 'Then after them will come a people that will give testimony while they are not asked to give it; they will betray trust they will not be trusted; they will make vows and will not fulfill them and there will appear fatness in them.'
Muslim reported it too [4/2535].

Muslim said [4/1965]: Abu Bakr b. Abi Shaybah and Shujaa' b. Makhlad narrated to us – the wording is that of Abu Bakr: They said Husayn narrated to us – who was the son of Alî Al-Ju'fî, from Zâidah from As-Sudî from Abdullâh Al-Bahî from Âishah (may Allâh be pleased with her) who said: A man asked the Prophet (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam): 'Who are the people?' He replied:

'The generation which I am, then the second then the third.'

Then he said [16/82] – if read alongside the Shar'h of Al-Imâm An-Nawawi: Abu Bakr b. Abi Shaybah, Is'hâq b. Ibrâhîm and Abdullâh b. Umar b. Abbân narrated to us; all of them from Hasan who said: Abu Bakr said: Husayn b. Ali Al-Ju'fî narrated to us from Majamma' b. Yahyâ from Sa'îd b. Abi Bur'dah from his father (may Allâh be pleased with him); he said: We observed the Maghrib Prayer with the Messengers of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) then we said: 'Perhaps if we can sit until we would observe the Ishâ Prayer.' He said: We then sat after which he (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) came out to us and said: 'You are still here?'

We said: 'O Messenger of Allâh, we observed the Maghrib Prayer with you then we said we should sit until Ishâ so that we would observe it with you.' Then he said: 'You have done well' or 'You have done what is correct.'

He said: Then he raised his head to the sky – he used to do that often; and he said:

'The stars are the security of the sky, when the stars are no more what has been promised the sky will come to pass. I am the security of my Companions, when I am no more, what has been promised them will come to pass. My Companions are the security of my Ummah, when they are no more, what has been promised my Ummah will come to pass.'

As for the ruling of whoever abuses the Companions, here is the comment of Shaykhul-Islâm for you in his book, As-Sârimul-Mas'lûl [3/1108]: A Section on Different Sayings with Regard to them – that is, those who abuse the Companions.

'As for whoever adds the claim that Alî is Allâh with his abuse, or that he was supposed to be the Prophet that Jibrîl only made a mistake in commissioning the Prophet (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam), there is no doubt that this constitutes an act of unbelief, in fact there is no doubt with regard to the unbelief of whoever is doubtful of the unbelief of such a person. So also is whoever thinks that the Qur'ân is incomplete, that there are some Verses missing or that were concealed; or he thinks he has some secret explanations that remove some religious obligation from him, or what is similar to such claims. It is these people that are called Al-Qarâmitah and Al-Bâtiniyyah; from among them is the Tanâsukhiyyah Sect; all these people there is no difference in their committing an act of unbelief.

'As for whoever only abuses them (the Companions), who does not puncture their trustworthiness and their religiosity, like if he says a Companion is miserly or cowardly, or that he has less knowledge or does not renounce the world, or what is similar. Whoever comes with such (among the 'hmn') is entitled to correction and discretional punishment; he will not be declared as a Kâfir just like that. This is what should be thought about the scholars who do not declare the ... as unbelievers.

'As for whoever curses and despises them absolutely, this is a point of difference among the scholars because of the fact that the curse could have been from mere act of extremism (against the Companions) or from belief (that the Companions deserve the curse).

'As for whoever (among the ...) who goes beyond that saying that all the Companions - except a very people that did not reach ten - became Kuffâr after the demise of the Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam); or that all of them sinned. Whoever comes with that is undoubtedly a Kâfir because he belies the text of the Qur'ân – which appears in more than a place – in terms of Allâh's Pleasure with them and His praise over them; in fact whoever is in doubt with regard to the unbelief of such (...) his own Kufr is clear; because what that implies is that the Transmitters of the Book (of Allâh) and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) were Kuffâr or Fussâq; and that this Verse:

"You [true believers In Islâmic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind…" [Aal-Imrân: 110]

– and its best was the First Generation, that all the people in that Generation were Kuffâr or Fussâq; therefore the Verse will imply that those people were the worst of the people, that the first set of people of this Ummah were its worst. The Kufr of whoever utters this kind of statement is what cannot be denied in the Deen of Islâm. This is the reason the bulk of those who come with this kind of statement will become clear as a Zindîq (a heretic), and the rest of the heretics hide behind their school-of-thought. Allâh's various punishment have occurred to such people. A lot of reports have come that their faces were changed to those of pigs both in life and the hereafter. Many scholars have gathered several reports that came to them over that. Among those who have written on that is Al-Hâfidh Abu Abdillâh Muhammad b. Abdul-Wâhid Al-Maqdisî; his book, An-Nahyy 'An Sabbi Al-As'hâb Wa Mâ Jâ Fî-hi Minal-Ithm Wal-Iqâb.

In summary, there are among those who abuse the Companions those who undoubtedly become unbelievers when they do so, and there are those who will not be ruled as unbelievers; and there are those among them whose matter is not certain, here might not suffice as a place to discuss that. We have only mentioned this matter because it completes the issue which we have intended.' End of quote.

Those who abuse the Companions most among the people are the ...; these are the people whom Shaykhul-Islâm said about them in Minhâjus-Sunnah: 'They are the most ignorant among the people with regard to what is intelligible and reported.'

The Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) said as it has come in the Sahîhayn, in the hadîth of Abu Sa'îd Al-Khudrî (may Allâh be pleased with him):

'Do not abuse my Companions; because if any of you were to spend the like of Uhud in gold, he will not attain the level of each of them nor its half.'

A warning came from one of the Salaf as regard abusing the Companions of the Messenger of Allâh (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam); among that is what Muslim reported: Yahyâ b. Yahyâ narrated to us, he said Abu Muâwiyah told us from Hishâm b. Ur'wah from his father who said: Aaisha told me: 'O son of my sister; it was commanded that forgiveness should be sought for the Companion of the Messenger (Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam) but (some people) began to abuse them.'
May Allâh bestow His Mercy on Al-Qahtânî when he composed:

The 'yyyy' are the worst to tread upon the pebbles from all the talking people and Jinns.
They praised the Prophet but accused his Companions of betrayal; they alleged them of injustice and enmity.
They loved his relations but abused his Companions; the two will dispute before Allâh and they are not the same.
It is as if the family of the Prophet and his Companions is a soul all contained in two bodies.
They are two groups whom the Sharî'ah of Ahmad joined together; by my father and mother those are two groups.
Two groups that tread the path of guidance and both are steadfast on the Deen of Allâh.
Thus whoever disparages the Companions' is essentially disparaging the Sunnah even the Qur'ân because they are the ones that transmitted it both to us.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 7:05am On Mar 18, 2013
You could see the new dimension, from keypad to keyboard. Laugh. To a standstill, Insha Allaah. See you later.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Jazaakumulahu khayran!
Pls kip d gud work going!
من جاء بالحسنة فله عشر أمثالها....
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by coolwas(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2013
Jazakumullaahu khyran.Let the good work continue.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 12:18am On Mar 19, 2013
Authentic Narrations from the Sunnah About the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam

As promised in the last lesson, below are some authentic narrations from the Sunnah about some Companions of the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – indicating that he – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam – loved his Companions and they him, quashing the claim – by the mischievous people – that the Companions were only pretentious to the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – in his lifetime and that after his demise, they turned on their heels and defeated the very message brought by the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam, may Allaah save us from such an evil thought.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 12:19am On Mar 19, 2013
Let start with a general hadith then we will move to the specifics, Insha Allaah.

On the authority of Abudllaah bn Mas'ood – may Allaah be pleased with him, the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – said, 'The best of the people are my generation then those after them, then those after them…' [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree no:3651].
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2013
Excellence of Abu Bakr, the Father of Aisha the Mother of the Believer, may Allaah be pleaded with both

On the authority of Abu Saeeed Al-Khudree, the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – said, 'The most trustworthy of men to men regarding his wealth and companionship is Abu Bakr. If I were to take anyone as a bosom friend, I would take Abu Bakr but the Islamic brotherhood. No door should be allowed to open towards the mosque (in Madeenah) except he door of Abu Bakr.' [Bukhaaree (3656), Muslim (2382)].

Also on the authority 'Amr bn Al-Aas, the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – sent him as the commander in the Battle of Chains, he said, 'I came back to him – – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam – and said, 'Whom among the people is most beloved to you?' He – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam – said, 'Aaisha.' Amr said 'I said, 'Among the men?' The Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – said, 'Her father.' 'Then after him?' He said, 'Umar.' And he continued to mention other names.' [Bukhaaree (3662), Muslim (2384)].

Abu Bakr was Aisha's father.

Some people will definitely hate to hear that Aisha – may Allâh be pleased with her – was actually the most beloved of the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam. Don't they say she became a disbeliever right from the lifetime of the Prophet – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam? Indeed they have come with the most untrue of speech.
Jubayr reported from his father Mut'im that a woman came to the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – and asked him regarding a matter, the Prophet – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam – commanded her to come back after sometime. The woman said, 'O Messenger of Allaah, what if I come and do not see you?' He – Sallallâhu alayhi wa sallam – said, 'If you come and do not see me, go to Abu Bakr.' [Bukhaaree (3659), Muslim (2386)].

The people of knowledge say the hadith is among the numerous narrations suggesting that the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – actually wanted Abu Bakr – may Allâh be pleased with him – to become the Khaleefah after him though he did not expressly state that because Allaah did not ask him to.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 12:23am On Mar 19, 2013
Excellence of Umar the son of Al-Khattaab – may Allâh be pleased with him

Aisha reported from the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – that he said, 'Indeed there were sages in the gone nation. If there were to be any of them in my Ummah then it would be Umar the son of Al-Khattaab.' [Muslim (2398)].

The word 'sages' is the translation we gave to 'muhaddathoon' [sing. muhaddath] which Ibn Wahb gave its meaning to be 'Mulhamoon.' A 'Mulham' is a person endowed with insight such that when he makes an opinion about a matter, his opinion will reign supreme. No wonder the Institution of Hijaab in Islam was by the instigation of Umar the son of Al-Khattaab. There were other similar matters that became laws in Islam by the instigation of Umar. Allaah used his instigation as a cause of the enthronement of those laws.

That is Umar whom the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – said the devil would not meet him on a path except that the devil takes another path [Muslim (2396)]. Till today some people when they hear 'Umar' they shiver down their spines. But the true believers love Umar and love to name their sons after him.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 12:24am On Mar 19, 2013
Excellence of Uthmaan bn Affaan – may Allâh be pleased with him

Uthmaan bn Affaan was popularly known as 'Dhoo Nurayn' – the Possessor of Two Lights. Do you know why he was called so? He married two daughters of the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – one after the other. That is a historical fact 'they' cannot deny. 'They' might say the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – married his daughters to him just to save face, he really did not like Uthmaan because he was an unbeliever. May Allaah save us from misguidance.

The above is enough as a praise for Uthmaan bn Affaan. But we like to bring just one narration, at least, in praise of him.

Anas bn Maalik – may Allâh be pleased with him – reported that the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – was upon Mount Uhud so also were Abu bakr, Umar and Uthmaan. All of a sudden the mountain began to tremble then the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – said, 'Uhud, remain calm. There are none upon you except a prophet, a truthful person and two martyrs.' [Bukhaaree (3697)].

Can you understand the hadith? Perhaps you should read the hadith one more time. Ok, let me help you. The Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – just asked Mount Uhud to remain calm because it did not befit it to kill a Prophet of Allaah and three eminent persons. Uthmaan was among the eminent persons. The other two were Abu Bakr and Umar.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by abulbanaat(m): 12:26am On Mar 19, 2013
Excellence of Alee bn Abee Taalib – may Allâh be pleased with him

Whoever hates him is a Naasibi, and that is also an act of extremism just like those who hate Abu Bakr et al. in the belief of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, Alee bn Abee Taalib – may Allâh be pleased with him – was one of the prominent persons in Islam. Just like other Companions, he had his own excellence. But in no way was he superior to the three Companions mentioned earlier. Whoever says the opposite of that is an innovator and does not belong to the AlhusSunnah wal' Jamaa'ah even if he were to make a one thousand claims.

The Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – went to the Battle of Tabook and made Alee bn Abee Taalib – may Allâh be pleased with him – deputize for him in Madeenah. Alee felt bad because he wanted to be in the battle like the other Companions. But the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – said to him, 'Are you not pleased that you are to me as Haarun was to Musa? But there is no prophet after me.'

So Alee – may Allâh be pleased with him – was like to our Prophet as Prophet Haroon was to Prophet Musa when the latter went to Toor when invited by Allaah. Haaron deputized for Prophet Musa before he arrived. So Alee – may Allâh be pleased with him – too deputized for the Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – before he arrived from the battle, and no more.

It was also upon the hands of Alee bn Abee Taalib Allaah the Mighty granted victory to the Muslims in the Battle for Khaybar. The Messenger of Allaah – SallaLlâhu 'alahyi wa sallam – described him in the event as 'a man who loves Allaah and His Messenger and Whom Allaah and His Messenger too love.' Many of the Companions including Umar desired they were made the commander in the Battle but Alee was chosen. That is Allah's favour He bestows whomever wishes. And that was on that occasion. On other occasions Allaah's favour fell on others.

Thus it was Allaah's favour that Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthmaan would be made the Khulafaa (Caliphs) before Alee bn Abee Taalib. Alee was pleased with what Allaah did decree so also were other Companions. He – may Allâh be pleased with him – knew it was a decree Allaah had made before the creation of the heavens and earths.
Whoever is however displeased with Allaah's decree, and the way He favours His slaves one above the other, should wait till the Day of Resurrection to contend with All-Wise All—Knowing.

Hope 'they' got the message and are ready to question Allaah on al-Qiyaamah.
Oh Allaah, accept this for Your Generous Face alone.

Hope to meet you in the next lesson. I think we can now go into the points. The foundations have been laid to an extent. Meanwhile I felt the neccessity of opening some other threads to aid this, have you seen them already? I may bring their links here.
Re: Ahlussunnah Wal Jamaa'ah by tbaba1234: 12:37am On Mar 19, 2013
Assalamu Aleikum bro,

This is certainly a much better thread than the last one you started.

JazakAllahu Khair

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thread For Muslim Reverts / 25 Amazing Photos From Hajj 1953 / Keep Striving To Follow The Sunnah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.