Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,985 members, 7,952,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:17 AM

Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student (22254 Views)

Samuel Thompson-Mba, UNN Best Graduating Student In The 45th Convocation / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by MANOSUB(m): 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
seunfly: We are always the best any where we find our selves, if we can stop all this madness and come together as yorubaigbohausa tribe, believe me nothing can stop us and Nigeria will scoop awards as a nation every where in the universe even before God almighty.
But for where? Our selfish leaders and visionless youth of today will not allow that because of temporary benefit and inherent ego massaging.
We have to think seriously each and every one of us wether we want this nation to work or we keep on with this ''i am better than you'' attitude which our leaders impacted to keep us divided so as to rule us.
Shame to you to still be having it in your mind that every other tribes are not existing in Nigeria. This is the same mistake your great grand parents made and you are making same in this present age. Bad blood they say flow through bad family
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by konklushun(f): 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
Sooo proud of her, she was my snr in sec sch and d head girl of her set. Actually am nt too surprised cos she carts away prizes every Speech n Prize Giving Ceremony in dos days. Up Feggicolla
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by eahk(m): 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
Davo93: Ondo peepz are brillant sharpz... Congrats to my cousin, i'm proud of you Tinuade.

Yeah, I remember when I first met her in 2005, through her Sisters Modele (that sings) and Monisola (who also had a First Class in Biochemistry from UI and very good friend too) she was so shy and she kept asking me questions about Med School and the medical profession ( I was doing my Housemanship then) and her sis told me they are enrolling her in Ghana or UK.
I'm so proud of her...her sisters were in tears..so full of joy when I called to confirm.
Hardwork pays!

1 Like

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by daylae(m): 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
MANOSUB:
Shame to you to still be having it in your mind that every other tribes are not existing in Nigeria. This is the same mistake your great grand parents made and you are making same in this present age. Bad blood they say flow through bad family

why pull a dagger because of this harmless comment? He need not bore us listing all the tribes we have in nigeria just to recorgnise all. To be at peace with yourself,why not tell us your tribe if you so desire we know.

@topic kudos to the lady. . .

2 Likes

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by rhymz(m): 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
ifyalways: Okoro from Ondo state undecided
Congrats girl.
hahahah. . .me sef no sabi say Ondo people don begin bear Okoro. . Lol
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Nigeriakan: 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Congrats, sister! You are a pride to the country. But how do Nigeria take hold of these bests lest some so called super power grab them from us.
And for those whose ears or skin are pinged for the name combination. I sku in Ondo and know what queer names they bear cos they are a multitribal people: Ondo is composed of all sorts of tribes, evn their Yoruba sounds out of place. Could you ever Take someone bears Ekpetuku Taiwo as a Yoruba? Those names are common there.
Nonetheless it's no ethnic achievement, it's a national honour for us all. Hurray In Love And Honesty To Grow...
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by rhymz(m): 10:47pm On Mar 17, 2013
Congrats girl. Welcome to the first class club.
Now, make I face those people wey all of a sudden dey claim say Yoruba people and Ijaw people dey bear Okoro.. . for where that wan dey hapn? Lol. . . Okoro is Igbo abeg. .
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by rhymz(m): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nigeriakan: Congrats, sister! You are a pride to the country. But how do Nigeria take hold of these bests lest some so called super power grab them from us.
And for those whose ears or skin are pinged for the name combination. I sku in Ondo and know what queer names they bear cos they are a multitribal people: Ondo is composed of all sorts of tribes, evn their Yoruba sounds out of place. Could you ever Take someone bears Ekpetuku Taiwo as a Yoruba? Those names are common there.
Nonetheless it's no ethnic achievement, it's a national honour for us all. Hurray In Love And Honesty To Grow...
Yeah right, Her father is a Yoruba man that likes Igbo name. Either way, Okoro is strictly Igbo.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by neksummi(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
Congrats girl.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by igboboy1(m): 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have seen urhobo with Okoro for warri sha...Okoro is not strictly an igbo name
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by mormodica(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
jackbauersballs: An Okoro from Ondo State?

What Next - An Agunbiade from Enugu? cheesy

Wonders never cease...

Congrats to her anyway.
I have yoruba friends bearing okoro n nt in anyway related to ibo. Oko means farm and Oro is a god in yoruba depending on tonations.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by phemi01(m): 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
Igbo ppll are just frustrated. You ppl are never tired of clinching. U jst like to claim what doesn't belong to u by all means. Na una get lagos, na una do bizness pass, na una sabi everytin. U hear okoro now u wan claim say na ibo. Na wa for una o
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by pazienza(m): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
igbo boy: I have seen urhobo with Okoro for warri sha...Okoro is not strictly an igbo name

Those okoros in uhrobo may have had igbo ancestors,there are stories of igbo groups who lost their igbo language,and became isokonized in delta state, and there are isoko groups that got igbonized to some extent too. Delta is a melting point of many language groups.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by AreaFada2: 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
grin grin grin
jackbauersballs: An Okoro from Ondo State?

What Next - An Agunbiade from Enugu? cheesy

Wonders never cease...

Congrats to her anyway.

Actually both Ekiti and Ondo have many people with non-traditional Yoruba names. Some are of Benin/Edo descent as far back as imperial time.

Okoro in Edo for example means prince as in a King's son and is a fairly common surname. I am sure that name exists in some other languages in addition to Igbo.

Have you forgotten Ojo Maduekwe? An Ibo with non-Igbo sounding first name?
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by temmbecky01(f): 11:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Congrats,my dearest senior....I rep FEGGICOLLA
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Dosoq(f): 12:35am On Mar 18, 2013
I'm
nt suprised,Tinuade is a born GENIUS,while we were in skul den,she used 2
get all d prize on prize giving day,proud u gal,Great Feggicolla!
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by otumfour(m): 1:57am On Mar 18, 2013
eahk:

Yeah, I remember when I first met her in 2005, through her Sisters Modele (that sings) and Monisola (who also had a First Class in Biochemistry from UI and very good friend too) she was so shy and she kept asking me questions about Med School and the medical profession ( I was doing my Housemanship then) and her sis told me they are enrolling her in Ghana or UK.
I'm so proud of her...her sisters were in tears..so full of joy when I called to confirm.
Hardwork pays!

@Bolded...Wow! Proud of my country Ghana smiley....

4 Likes

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Ndipe(m): 2:41am On Mar 18, 2013
seunfly: We are always the best any where we find our selves, if we can stop all this madness and come together as yorubaigbohausa tribe, believe me nothing can stop us and Nigeria will scoop awards as a nation every where in the universe even before God almighty.
But for where? Our selfish leaders and visionless youth of today will not allow that because of temporary benefit and inherent ego massaging.
We have to think seriously each and every one of us wether we want this nation to work or we keep on with this ''i am better than you'' attitude which our leaders impacted to keep us divided so as to rule us.

Among the best at times, still, this is good news.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by calcal: 4:22am On Mar 18, 2013
OKORO =

O K Ọ R Ọ = OKO IRỌ which means refuse lie.

Congrat! next thing get an husband to start making baby of your type.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by rasroland: 4:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Na lie,im@univ of legon,ders notin like dat
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by eaglechild: 5:25am On Mar 18, 2013
*556#:

You are daft! In Yoruba Okoro = the bitter one.

All these greedy bastards trying to claim this girl should back off!
Oga 'bitter',if the story was Tinuade Okoro caught with a kilo of cocaine at Accra airport, U'll be the first to try and convince everyone that she's Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by seunfly: 6:13am On Mar 18, 2013
ras roland: Na lie,im@univ of legon,ders notin like dat
My friend google is ur friend.
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Pelummy(f): 7:33am On Mar 18, 2013
She no get pics? Even ppl claiming they knw her to well sef gat no pics of her. Congrats babe even witout picture undecided
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Davo93(m): 7:48am On Mar 18, 2013
Every gal on the thread don turn FEGGICOLLite sharp sharp, i hope its not because of my cousin Tinuade??
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by DonaldGenes(m): 8:06am On Mar 18, 2013
Chidi4u: The combination of names is a suspect.Seems strange.
Lmao!!!!!
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Theloveth(m): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2013
Why must everything be tribal related? Thats why revolution will be a longshot in Nigeria to chase aways this thieving leaders mtcheww!
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by lindiwey: 8:26am On Mar 18, 2013
Congrats Tinuade,another FGGC Akure product.her elder sistas hav got brains too.am proud of my alma mata..we are all flying high
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Felixjude(m): 8:36am On Mar 18, 2013
'' know where my help comes from''.....a̶̲̥̅̊ very incisive statement,indeed God is the ultimate giver of knowledge ãήϑ she rightly acknowledged that,congrats to her
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Qualitygoddy(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2013
Sijo01: Admitted into med school in 2007 and graduated in 2013! streight 6years. no strike, no gallop, no go-slow..... what a blessed school system........which naija med school apart from private can boast of this?

Omoyoruba Dockitor, congrat ojare.
I swear Unilorin can do better. No strike, no gallop, nufin nufin. Faster dan d speed of lyt
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by brownsug(f): 8:47am On Mar 18, 2013
ItsModella: Okoro from Ondo state? yeah right, the next thing we'll hear is an Ahmed from Imo state. undecided undecided

Congrats to her though.

is dat d issue ? undecided
ItsModella: Okoro from Ondo state? yeah right, the next thing we'll hear is an Ahmed from Imo state. undecided undecided

Congrats to her though.

is dat d issue ?
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Airforce1(m): 8:48am On Mar 18, 2013
See as Ibo people dey form ownership of this blessed lady cuz of the Okoro attached to her name
They better don't kidnap her
Re: Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student by Revolva(m): 8:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Umm okoro...it may be the ijaw part of ondo.maybe papa na ijaw and mama na yoruba ondo..nice one gal no be all dis BB babes and brazilian hair wanna be gals that ave notin upstairs only to chop dycks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Universities Are There In Nigeria? / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) / Is Intelligent Quotient (IQ) Inherited From The Maternal Or Paternal Genome?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.