Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches (19801 Views)

Woman Confesses To Selling 19 Kids To Ritualists In Imo (Photos) / Men Brutalize Their kids With Hot Iron, Plank (graphic Pics) / Photos: Couple Jailed For Havingsex With Their Own Kids!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by gramci: 8:01am On Mar 17, 2013
A forty-year-old man, John Friday Akpan, from Akwa Ibom State but resident in Calabar, the Cross River State capital, is now explaining to the police how he allegedly heeded the advice of a herbalist, one DrOkokon, and tagged his two children, Elisha Udobong and Esther, as witches.
Akpan, who allegedly subjected the two children, aged 12 and 6 respectively, to harrowing treatment by nailing them to a plank and locking them up without food for days, was said to have told the police the children took his money to their “master in the witchcraft world and therefore deserved no mercy”.
The children, whose emaciated and dirty appearance replicated the images of starving children in famine ravaged Somalia and war torn Sudan following weeks of starvation, said they survived on water suppliedby one of the man’s kids by another woman. “Our sister,Peace, usually brought us water inside the hut when our father and our mother had gone out”, Esther said.
The father, the kids said, used to reside in Akpabuyo with the family where he sent them to a private school, Regent Nursery and Primary School, Ikot Nkanda,but when their mother died and the man took another wife, Iquo, the story changed. Elisha, in JSS1, said: “My mother (stepmother ) said the woman who used to live near our house in Akpabuyo gave us food and she put something in the food and when we ate it we changed to birds at night and took out father’s money to our master in the witchcraft world”.
According to the boy, he was alleged to have taken 4 000 naira while Esther took 2000 and that angered theirfather and step mother who started beating them and denying them food “becausethey said we took the money to our master”. The maltreatment became worsewhen they relocated to Calabar and took up residence at 23 Akpandem Street, off Edim Otop Street at the municipality. “He (father) nailed us to one big plank and beat us that we should bring back the money but we had no money to give to him”, Esther said.
Unable to get back his money from the children, Akpan allegedly went for the final onslaught against the kids by locking them up in an abandoned hut where he lived so that they could die. “When the situation became too bad, neighbours, worried that thechildren may die and the police descend on them, raised the alarm and reported to the police at the Airport Division who swooped on the parents andgot them arrested”, Mr James Ibor, a child rights activist, told Sunday Vanguard.
He said the DPO of the Airport Division called him “at about 11 am on Friday, March 8 that there was another case of children stigmatisation as witches and I went to the station andbehold, what I saw made meweep”.
Ibori said the children were so hungry and weak that it was apparent that they would have died if they hadnot, been rescued. “They were so weak that we had togive them water first, then some fruits; even at that thesystem of the girl could not accommodate the fruits and she had to visit the toilet a few minute after she ate thebanana I gave to them”.
DSP John Umoh, the spokesman of the Cross River State Police Command, said efforts were on to arrest Okokon the herbalist so that “he and theparents can appear in court to answer charges on felony”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/father-nails-own-kids-to-plank-says-they-are-witches/
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by ecosanders: 8:12am On Mar 17, 2013
What a wicked man! Another first frm d land of d rising sun, and first 4 me.
Front page MOD.
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by rezzy: 8:29am On Mar 17, 2013
I know all these were initiated by their step mother. She would have just poison them instead of labelling them witches thereby allowing their father to kill them slowly. Thank God for neighbours' intervention.

1 Like

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by ifyalways(f): 9:10am On Mar 17, 2013
Stories that touch. I pray that more NGOs would be interested in curbing this child witchcraft stuff.
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by alienvirus: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2013
Horrible news all the time.
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by RedLight1: 10:56am On Mar 17, 2013
ecosanders: What a wicked man! Another first frm d land of d rising sun, and first 4 me.
Front page MOD.
so when did akwa ibom or calabar became land of rising sun? undecided are u high?

5 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by nairaman66(m): 10:57am On Mar 17, 2013
A father frustrated by GEJ's Policies turns to his Kids.. Mtcheeew!!

3 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2013
ecosanders: What a wicked man! Another first frm d land of d rising sun, and first 4 me.
Front page MOD.
big shiit,so u can't afford an atlas Ur linage must have disowned u.

1 Like

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Ebestsmscom: 10:58am On Mar 17, 2013
Hehe.
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by LecturerIFE: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2013
Maybe he thought they would resurrect. What a primitive, barbaric act.

1 Like

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Valiantvaliant(m): 10:59am On Mar 17, 2013
Abeg 'nail' as in crucify?

2 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Wicked dude!
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by 1shortblackboy: 11:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Cross river and akwa ibom people wetin all these small children do una enh ?! Una own don too much o ha angry angry

1 Like

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by ajos(m): 11:01am On Mar 17, 2013
nemesis of poverty...we neva hear dis kind tale from ajebutter family...na only aje pako dey discover say him kids na evil....poverty why now....?

3 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 17, 2013
why do Calabar people fear witchcraft so much?

They keep beating and accusing their kids when the real Ogbanje's are in Aso Rock undecided

2 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Airforce1(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2013
Valiantvaliant: Abeg 'nail' as in crucify?

Are u a leaner?
Mtchew
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by IGBOSON1: 11:03am On Mar 17, 2013
Front page MOD.

^^^And what's your own 'land', let's see if we can think of a few nasty firsts from there.......douche bag!
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 17, 2013
Picshur pls

2 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Foxycarol(f): 11:04am On Mar 17, 2013
the father, step mother and herbalist shouldnt go unpunished. For chrish sake dis is wickedness and did some say dey are his children. I say kudos the child right activist.

1 Like

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Flygerian1(m): 11:05am On Mar 17, 2013
rezzy: I know all these was initiated by their step mother. She wont have just poison them instead of labelling them witches thereby allowing their father to kill them slowly. Thank God for neighbours' intervention.
Seconded.
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by arantess: 11:08am On Mar 17, 2013
AkwaIbom ayaya oo
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2013
I wonder hw one can be so convinced that his/her child is a witch and would subject that child to such despicable treatment.Why is this so rampant in that region of the SE?Is it the myth that's thriving there at the time?
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Flygerian1(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2013
Valiantvaliant: Abeg 'nail' as in crucify?
Yes o! Can u imagine?

1 Like

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by AnitaMandy: 11:17am On Mar 17, 2013
What's it with Akwa Ibom and witches. De use am swear 4 dem?

2 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by gunuvi(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2013
In a rastaman voice #eye for an eye#
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by dfolan: 11:23am On Mar 17, 2013
poverty and ignorance at its peak
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by ecosanders: 11:23am On Mar 17, 2013
chiover: big shiit,so u can't afford an atlas Ur linage must have disowned u.
una b children of d rising sun? Abi wetin b una own, abi i mention Igbo? So una dey deny dem nw, abeg tel me where dat 2nd in command(Effiong) 2 dat man wey Run go CV Cm FRM.
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by AnitaMandy: 11:23am On Mar 17, 2013
Beretta92: I wonder hw one can be so convinced that his/her child is a witch and would subject that child to such despicable treatment.Why is this so rampant in that region of the SE?Is it the myth that's thriving there at the time?
Akwa Ibom and Cross River state are in the South-South b4 you go to Who wants to be a Millionaire and say they are in the South-East. And don't worry, U don't have to thank me, U are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by AnitaMandy: 11:25am On Mar 17, 2013
ecosanders: una b children of d rising sun? Abi wetin b una own, abi i mention Igbo? So una dey deny dem nw, abeg tel me where dat 2nd in command(Effiong) 2 dat man wey Run go CV Cm FRM. grin una b children of d rising sun? Abi wetin b una own, abi i mention Igbo? So una dey deny dem nw, abeg tel me where dat 2nd in command(Effiong) 2 dat man wey Run go CV Cm FRM. grin una b children of d rising sun? Abi wetin b una own, abi i mention Igbo? So una dey deny dem nw, abeg tel me where dat 2nd in command(Effiong) 2 dat man wey Run go CV Cm FRM. grin una b children of d rising sun? Abi wetin b una own, abi i mention Igbo? So una dey deny dem nw, abeg tel me where dat 2nd in command(Effiong) 2 dat man wey Run go CV Cm FRM.
Who let the dogs out? Who who who who who!
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by olapluto(m): 11:25am On Mar 17, 2013
Until that Helen ukpabio or whatever her name is arrested, child abuse will continue unabated in South East. Another ticking time bomb. One day the child witches will react back and then we will not be able to handle it. Unsubstantiated claims against defenseless children just to make money or fame is wrong on all levels. It is a shame that even the educated ones believe in this nonsense.
If there are so many child witches in that land, then it is only sensible to say there will be plenty adult witches too.

3 Likes

Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by juman(m): 11:25am On Mar 17, 2013
Why are they so callous and act in bad manner in that state by calling their children wizard, witches or whatever.

For God shake, people of other states have children and they are not witches or wizard.

Government suppose to uproot that believe and get ALL those at root of the problem behind the bar.
Re: Father Nails Own Kids To Plank, Says They Are Witches by Paulfish: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2013
Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ataga Kidnap: Police Arrest Teacher For Spreading Fake News / I Was Saved By A Drug Addict From Sleeping In A Police Cell; Man Reveals. Photo / Suspected Kidnappers Kill Man In Plateau (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.