Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine (1336 Views)

Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / Now The Truth About Roman Catholicism And Islam Connection Part 1 - 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 10:23am On Mar 17, 2013
I pity my christian brothers and sisters who have been brainwashed by their so-called "men of god". "Men of god" whose only aim is to fight the catholic church. I opened this thread for all. Ask anything u find confusing in the catholic church and you'll be answered perfectly. No insults pls.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 17, 2013
1. Why do you worship Mary

2. Why do you bow before the dead decayed heart of a Man who died eons ago.

3. What is this thing with the rosary , it is never mentioned in the bible

4. How can Peter be the first pope of Rome when :

- There is no account of his even visiting to Rome.
- He lived a life totally in contrast to the opulent and rich life style of the popes of today.

5. Why the Mass ? Where is this commanded in the bible . How can the bread change into Jesus's actual body and the wine into his actual blood, surely this is heretical.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:54am On Mar 17, 2013
6. Why did the church slaugther millions for using the bible.

7. Why is ur pope claiming to be God and jesus at the same time.

8. What is the biblical basis for purgatory and infant baptism.

9.why pray to dead saints for help.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2013
A book which can answer your plentiful questions "are catholic stupid" a wery nice book for all
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 11:12am On Mar 17, 2013
frosbel: 1. Why do you worship Mary

- He lived a life totally in contrast to the opulent and rich life style of the popes of today.

5. Why the Mass ? Where is this commanded in the bible . How can the bread change into Jesus's actual body and the wine into his actual blood, surely this is heretical.

you don't have to add insult in everything. Any way to ur question.
1) we catholics don't worship mary. We honour her. Indeed out of the billions of women during her time,God chose her,so she is worth the honour. The womb that habours christ,the breast that fed christ. In the veins of christ, mary's blood is running. She deserves more than honour. But we don't WORSHIP her.
2)who's the man? Pls be specific.
3)if everything is to be contained in the bible,then the bible would be transported to church via a truck unlike the simple,light bible we have today. The rosary is centred round three pillars, our lords prayer, the angel Gabriel's greeting to mary and the magnificient(which occured when mary visited elizabeth). All the three pillars of the rosary are in the bible. Trying to see the name "rosary" in the bible before believing is rediculous. Btw, is the name "bible" in the scripture?
4)peter is the first head of christ church. We all know that christ instituted a church before his death. Apart from catholic, i can swear with my life that no other pentecostal church has been up to 50 years of existence. Does that mean that the church christ erected later died when christ said that he will be with the church till the end of time?. Nowadays, pope is used to address the head of the roman church. Peter was not called a pope because the word "pope" was not in use then but in actual sense,he is then what we call today pope. Peter at the later years of his life travelled to rome. In rome he was persecuted. The bible did not account for the later years of peters life,even when and how he died was not in the bible. You can only find it in the church doctrine.
5)just like the sabbath day is changed to sunday now, that is how the feast of last supper(passover)is changed to mass. Christ took a bread(not his actual flesh) and said to his apostles "take this all of you and eat,this is my body". Again he(christ) took the cup of wine and said to his disciples,"this is my blood". And he finally ORDERED them to be doing that in his memory. Even when he ressurected, he broke the bread again and the disciples going to emaus discovered it was him. And that is exactly what catholics do in masses.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 11:13am On Mar 17, 2013
frosbel: 1. Why do you worship Mary

Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Syncan(m): 11:16am On Mar 17, 2013
I would like to contribute to your thread...from the catholic point of view,however i do not like your opening statement. I wish it could be modified, it could at least start from the sentence "I opened this thread for all...". If your thread is meant to educate or enlighten, then it should show sincerity of purpose and love.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2013
EMILO2STAY: 6. Why did the church slaugther millions for using the bible.

7. Why is ur pope claiming to be God and jesus at the same time.

8. What is the biblical basis for purgatory and infant baptism.

9.why pray to dead saints for help.

1) lying is one of satan's ways of propaganda. And the bible made it clear that satan is the father of all liars. This ur church killing people because of bible is wholly lie and childish. The church never did that.
2)the pope since the begining never claim to be God or christ. The supreme pontiff is only a christ representative on earth. Post any link where the pope is worshipped or claim to be God.
3)baptism is the continuation of the john the baptist work. Even jesus,though without sin was baptised also. Whether infant or adult,it's still the same thing. For purgatory read whe whole of 1st john. To the ending part of the 1st john. There was a place john stated that all sin are sin. But there are sins that lead to death and there are sins that don't lead to death. "To death" means hell fire. So where do u think those that died with those sins that doesn't lead to death will go?. For sure not heaven immediately becos they are not pure. They will for purification in the purgatory before going to heaven.
4)catholics pray to saints to intercede on their behalf to God. They are not praying to saints to answer their prayers.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 11:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Syncan: I would like to contribute to your thread...from the catholic point of view,however i do not like your opening statement. I wish it could be modified, it could at least start from the sentence "I opened this thread for all...". If your thread is meant to educate or enlighten, then it should show sincerity of purpose and love.
brother do not be annoyed by my comment. I am only a human and prone to mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
Home is often the best place to start from. See this
https://www.nairaland.com/1104124/problem-catholism-an-introspection
Antivirus92: I pity my christian brothers and sisters who have been brainwashed by their so-called "men of god". "Men of god" whose only aim is to fight the catholic church. I opened this thread for all. Ask anything u find confusing in the catholic church and you'll be answered perfectly. No insults pls.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
Reyginus: Home is often the best place to start from. See this
https://www.nairaland.com/1104124/problem-catholism-an-introspection
i went through the thread only to discover how shallow ur understanding is. I really pitied for you. In that thread you were claiming to be a catholic but indeed from my deepest knowledge, you were a catholic. No longer a catholic . I dare u to bring forth ur questions lets argue it biblically one-on-one.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Antivirus92: i went through the thread only to discover how shallow ur understanding is. I really pitied for you. In that thread you were claiming to be a catholic but indeed from my deepest knowledge, you were a catholic. No longer a catholic . I dare u to bring forth ur questions lets argue it biblically one-on-one.
Oh! Seriously? Still catholic though. Let's meet there. No insults please.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
Reyginus: Oh! Seriously? Still catholic though. Let's meet there. No insults please.
catholic indeed! Throw ur question i am waiting.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Antivirus92: 1) lying is one of satan's ways of propaganda. And the bible made it clear that satan is the father of all liars. This ur church killing people because of bible is wholly lie and childish. The church never did that.

DONT LIE ID.IOT! DONT F***ING LIE! NEED I REMIND YOU OF WHAT HAPPENED IN EUROPE AND SOUTH AMERICA angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 8:11pm On Mar 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

DONT LIE ID.IOT! DONT F***ING LIE! NEED I REMIND YOU OF WHAT HAPPENED IN EUROPE AND SOUTH AMERICA angry angry angry angry angry
remind me mr man. Please remind me.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
Antivirus92: catholic indeed! Throw ur question i am waiting.
You didn't see any in the thread I linked you to?
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Antivirus92(m): 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2013
Reyginus: You didn't see any in the thread I linked you to?
so you mean i should start answering all that questions? I can't do that. Bring them out one by one.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by italo: 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
If he throws a hundred questions at the same time, go to a website that answers all his questions (even though it takes a million words), copy from there, paste here (credit the website)...

Let us see who will get tired!
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 18, 2013
Antivirus92: so you mean i should start answering all that questions? I can't do that. Bring them out one by one.
Once again, let's not stoop so low to insults. I like the cool. I'd had preferred an easy recall, the reason I created the thread. I wouldn't want a situation where I will have to search the web aimlessly whenever I try to remind myself of the answer you gave. Note. Saving the pages is not an option, because I'm on mobile. I'm doing this with all sincerity. Make me understand scripturally.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 18, 2013
italo: If he throws a hundred questions at the same time, go to a website that answers all his questions (even though it takes a million words), copy from there, paste here (credit the website)...

Let us see who will get tired!
I dislike this kind of reasoning. Is it about getting tired or knowing the truth? I'm not here for a contest.
You can as well post from a website. I've got no problem with that. Except that you have to be ready to defend the parts I don't understand.
italo, I'm not contesting anything with you. My drive is the hunger for the truth.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by italo: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2013
If your hunger were for the truth, you would want to address the issues ONE by ONE.

Am I right or wrong?
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 18, 2013
italo: If your hunger were for the truth, you would want to address the issues ONE by ONE.

Am I right or wrong?
Lol. Where in my post suggested otherwise. I have reopened the thread, by the way.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Syncan(m): 9:09am On Mar 18, 2013
Reyginus: Oh! Seriously? Still catholic though. Let's meet there. No insults please.

Reyginus: Lol. Where in my post suggested otherwise. I have reopened the thread, by the way.

I really do not feel it is fair to move the poster out of his post to yours, you've had your audience and he's got the right to have his. Its not difficult to bring your questions here is it? Even I prefer to contribute here than on your thread for some reasons.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 18, 2013
Syncan:

I really do not feel it is fair to move the poster out of his post to yours, you've had your audience and he's got the right to have his. Its not difficult to bring your questions here is it? Even I prefer to contribute here than on your thread for some reasons.
Oh! Really? You didn't notice my reason. Good for you. Just one question. Are we under any obligation to comment in only one thread?
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Syncan(m): 9:36am On Mar 18, 2013
Reyginus: Oh! Really? You didn't notice my reason. Good for you. Just one question. Are we under any obligation to comment in only one thread?

Exactly my point!
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly my point!
Lol. And you don't see this as an invitation?
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Syncan(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. And you don't see this as an invitation?

Syncan:

I already turned down the offer earlier, not so?
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Syncan:

I already turned down the offer earlier, not so?
Okay. I didn't invite you in the first place.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Syncan(m): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. I didn't invite you in the first place.

Yeah, seems the spirit kept me ahead.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
Antivirus92: remind me mr man. Please remind me.

you have internet connection and google. use it. or search through my past Nairaland topics.

knowledge is only for those who seek it.

if you wish to remain blind, it is your choice, slong as you dont blind others.
Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Ubenedictus(m): 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

keep your insults and provide proof that someone was executed for USING a bible.

1 Like

Re: Thread 4 All.Ask Any Question Concerning Catholicism And Its Doctrine by Ubenedictus(m): 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / How To Overcome The Beast And Its Mark-666 / Hardened Criminal Turned Pastor. Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.