Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,739 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations (3464 Views)

Problems With Biblical Inerrancy / Biblical Interpretations On Homosexuality. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Give Your Dreams Positive Interpretations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^ See how you're dodging questions being asked. Okay, another look at the issue;

If 'horn' means something.....what is the text that tells us what that meaning is. I can also come up and claim the Holy Spirit tells me 'horn' means this\that without having any text to support it. Listen friend, every biblical 'imagery' has TEXT to prove the meaning. If you can't point us to a TEXT that tells us the meaning of what you're saying, THAT IS PRIVATE INTERPRETATION....and NO SCRIPTURE is of PRIVATE INTERPRETATION (2 Peter 1:20).
BROS, YOU NEED HELP. GO AND LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO READ HEBREW. THEN YOU WILL GET ALL THE SYMBOLS. THEY ARE HEBREW WORDS WHICH DID NOT CONVERT CORRECTLY TO ENGLISH. THATS WHY YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES. PLUS YOU ONLY READ THE NEW TESTAMENT SO I DONT EVEN EXPECT YOU TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES. ANYONE WHO READS ONLY THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A SCRIPTURAL ILLITERATE. THE MEAT OF THE BIBLE IS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: YOU ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. SCRIPTURES WAS WRITTEN END FROM BEGINNING. ISAIAH 46 VS 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: <<< YES LEVITICUS WAS WRITTEN BEFORE GENESIS TECHNICALLY BECAUSE THE LAWS WERE ESTABLISHED BEFORE HE MADE MAN

Very good. You are coming closer. If scriptures was written from END to BEGINNING.....according to you. Now, tell us from REVELATION, WHERE GOD COMMANDED CAIN TO BRING BLOOD SACRIFICE FROM REVELATION AND IT APPEARS IN GENESIS. You should have a TEXT, I mean just one TEXT that shows what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

Very good. You are coming closer. If scriptures was written from END to BEGINNING.....according to you. Now, tell us from REVELATION, WHERE GOD COMMANDED CAIN TO BRING BLOOD SACRIFICE FROM REVELATION AND IT APPEARS IN GENESIS. You should have a TEXT, I mean just one TEXT that shows what you are saying.
YOU DO ERR. BLOOD SACRIFICE IS SYMBOLIC. THE LORD DONT REQUIRE PHYSICAL BLOOD. IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO KILL YOUR OLD SELF. THATS BLOOD SACRIFICE
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: BROS, YOU NEED HELP. GO AND LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO READ HEBREW. THEN YOU WILL GET ALL THE SYMBOLS. THEY ARE HEBREW WORDS WHICH DID NOT CONVERT CORRECTLY TO ENGLISH. THATS WHY YOU DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES. PLUS YOU ONLY READ THE NEW TESTAMENT SO I DONT EVEN EXPECT YOU TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES. ANYONE WHO READS ONLY THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A SCRIPTURAL ILLITERATE. THE MEAT OF THE BIBLE IS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

You still haven't said ANYTHING yet bro. I USE HEBREW and GREEK CONCORDANCE & DICTIONARY TO STUDY GOD'S WORD. There's nothing you want to tell me from the OLD TESTAMENT THAT I DON'T KNOW OR WON'T TELL YOU THE MEANING BEING REVEALED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. I understand the NEW because I have also STUDIED the OLD. So, your point ISN'T VALID to the questions asked. Now, lemme divert a little so you understand how OLD and NEW connects.....from the words of the Master himself,

New International Version (©2011)
You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,
New Living Translation (©2007)
"You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. Luke 24:27

Now, you just quoted a scripture and gave a wrong interpretation that SCRIPTURES WAS WRITTEN FROM END TO BEGINNING but Luke 24:27 PROVES you wrong in that even Jesus STARTED from Genesis down to the ALL the prophets...because REVELATION had not been written yet at that time.

Again, Genesis to Revelation is Christo-Central WITH the Church. In the Old Testament, it was a hidden Gospel BUT in the New, it is a REVEALED Gospel. There's no more hidden mystery any where anymore for all revelations are complete in Christ.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

[s]You still haven't said ANYTHING yet bro. I USE HEBREW and GREEK CONCORDANCE & DICTIONARY TO STUDY GOD'S WORD. There's nothing you want to tell me from the OLD TESTAMENT THAT I DON'T KNOW OR WON'T TELL YOU THE MEANING BEING REVEALED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. I understand the NEW because I have also STUDIED the OLD. So, your point ISN'T VALID to the questions asked. Now, lemme divert a little so you understand how OLD and NEW connects.....from the words of the Master himself,

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,
"You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me!
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
Then Jesus took them through the writings of Moses and all the prophets, explaining from all the Scriptures the things concerning himself. Luke 24:27

Now, you just quoted a scripture and gave a wrong interpretation that SCRIPTURES WAS WRITTEN FROM END TO BEGINNING but Luke 24:27 PROVES you wrong in that even Jesus STARTED from Genesis down to the ALL the prophets...because REVELATION had not been written yet at that time.

Again, Genesis to Revelation is Christo-Central WITH the Church. In the Old Testament, it was a hidden Gospel BUT in the New, it is a REVEALED Gospel. There's no more hidden mystery any where anymore for all revelations are complete in Christ.[/s]
AGAIN YOU ERR. REVELATION HAD NOT BEEN WRITTEN THEN ? JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God << ALL AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY ALL SCRIPTURE WAS WRITTEN FROM THE BEGINNING. YOU THINK GOD IS JUST MAKING IT ALL UP AS HE IS GOING ? YOU MUST BE OUT YOUR MIND LOL
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: YOU DO ERR. BLOOD SACRIFICE IS SYMBOLIC. THE LORD DONT REQUIRE PHYSICAL BLOOD. IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO KILL YOUR OLD SELF. THATS BLOOD SACRIFICE

I don't see where I err but you. There are PLAIN scripture that the TEXT tells us EXPLICITLY to KILL OUR OLD SELF. Those text you're using to MEAN that we should kill our OLD SELF are saying something different. Blood Sacrifice which the life of the flesh is IN THE BLOOD was POINTING TO CHRIST SACRIFICING HIMSELF THROUGH THE BLOOD OF THE NEW COVENANT FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS. Those where SHADOWS in which God was teachings His redemptive plan for the sin of first Adam. Blood sacrifice DOES NOT EQUALS die to old self BUT TO THE SACRIFICE OF CHRIST. Again, God doesn't require BLOOD physical sacrifice ANYMORE because it was ALREADY REQUIRED AND GIVEN PHYSICALLY BY CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

I don't see where I err but you. There are PLAIN scripture that the TEXT tells us EXPLICITLY to KILL OUR OLD SELF. Those text you're using to MEAN that we should kill our OLD SELF are saying something different. Blood Sacrifice which the life of the flesh is IN THE BLOOD was POINTING TO CHRIST SACRIFICING HIMSELF THROUGH THE BLOOD OF THE NEW COVENANT FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS. Those where SHADOWS in which God was teachings His redemptive plan for the sin of first Adam. Blood sacrifice DOES NOT EQUALS die to old self BUT TO THE SACRIFICE OF CHRIST. Again, God doesn't require BLOOD physical sacrifice ANYMORE because it was ALREADY REQUIRED AND GIVEN PHYSICALLY BY CHRIST.
BROS JUST ACCEPT THAT THE SCRIPTURE IS NOT MADE FOR EVERYONE. ONLY A SELECT FEW. NOW SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY NEED A LIL WORK. AMOS 3 VS 7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, unless he reveals his secret unto his servants the prophets EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON NAIRALAND I HAVE NEVER ONCE HEARD YOU WARN THE PEOPLE ABOUT THE IMPENDING DOOM COMING TO THE WORLD. ALL YOU PEDDLE IS THAT WATERED DOWN LOVE DOCTRINE THAT PASTORS USE TO GET TITHE AND DECEIVE THE PEOPLE INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SAFETY WHILE FLEECING THEM. THIS IS THE JOB OF A REAL PROPHET JEREMIAH 28 VS 8 The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence. <<< THIS IS THE JOB OF A PROPHET. IF YOU ARE NOT SEEING PROPHESYS THEN YOU ARE NOT ONE AND THIS IS WHY THE LORD HAS NOT REVEALED HIS SECRETS TO YOU ( AMOS 3 VS 7 ). MAYBE IN TIME YOU WILL GET TO KNOW ALL THE MYSTERIES BUT SEEMS YOU ARE TRYING TO HOLD ME TO YOUR SECULAR STANDARDS OF INTERPRETING SCRIPTURES. I AM ON ANOTHER LEVEL BRAH. RECOGNIZE THAT. TO GET TO MY LEVEL YOU NEED TO BE MORE DILIGENT AND ALSO FOCUS MORE ON THE OLD TESTAMENT. TILL THEN YOU ARE JUST A MAN WHO OFFERS SMOOTH WORDS
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: AGAIN YOU ERR. REVELATION HAD NOT BEEN WRITTEN THEN ? JOHN 1 VS 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God << ALL AND I MEAN ABSOLUTELY ALL SCRIPTURE WAS WRITTEN FROM THE BEGINNING. YOU THINK GOD IS JUST MAKING IT ALL UP AS HE IS GOING ? YOU MUST BE OUT YOUR MIND LOL

You see, that's why I said; what you are doing is NOT God's interpretation BUT your OWN PRIVATE INTERPRETATION. John's "In the beginning" IS NOT the SAME as Genesis's "In the beginning". John delves into ETERNITY while Genesis delves into CREATION. I thought you said you understand Hebrews?

There's One that exist before Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 is helping us to correctly INTERPRET OR UNLOOSE what Genesis 1:1 was saying in that GOD existed before CREATION. Do you still have problem with that? That's why I said, you MUST point us to another TEXT that explicitly explains the one you're trying to seek meaning to. If that's too much for you to understand, you berrer keep your 'spiritualizing' the TEXT to yourself and STOP teaching heresy here.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

You see, that's why I said; what you are doing is NOT God's interpretation BUT your OWN PRIVATE INTERPRETATION. John's "In the beginning" IS NOT the SAME as Genesis's "In the beginning". John delves into ETERNITY while Genesis delves into CREATION. I thought you said you understand Hebrews?

There's One that exist before Genesis 1:1 and John 1:1 is helping us to correctly INTERPRET OR UNLOOSE what Genesis 1:1 was saying in that GOD existed before CREATION. Do you still have problem with that? That's why I said, you MUST point us to another TEXT that explicitly explains the one you're trying to seek meaning to. If that's too much for you to understand, you berrer keep your 'spiritualizing' the TEXT to yourself and STOP teaching heresy here.
AND I REPEAT BRAH, WE ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL. I SEE THINGS YOU DONT, ALL PRAISES TO YAHAWAH FOR BESTOWING ME WITH THESE GIFTS
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Adekdammy: 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: BROS CHECK THE LINK ABOVE AND THEN GOOGLE FOR THE REST OF THE SYMBOLIC MEANING OF BIBLICAL WORDS. SCRIPTURE SAYS OFFER DILIGENCE TO MAKE YOUR ELECTION AND CALLING CERTAIN. SO YOU HAVE TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. YOU HAVE TO RESEARCH. GET WITH PEOPLE WHO CAN READ HEBREW. ONLY THEN WILL YOU UNDERSTAND ALL THE SYMBOLISM. YOU NEED HELP. NOBODY UNDERSTANDS THE BIBLE ALONE. YOU NEED PEOPLE WHO SPEAK GREEK AND HEBREW TO READ THE ORIGINAL BIBLES. SEE SOME WORDS DO NOT CONVERT CORRECTLY FROM HEBREW TO ENGLISH.
sir, the bible is beyond theology, homiletics, greek, hebrew, sir, headknowledge misleads one, i.e, the horn was used by God in zechariah to scatter israel, dat same horn also carries oil to anoint kings, dat same horn can be used to pass msgs, so sir, once again let us not mislead d pple based on wat we feel, the letter kills but d spirit gives life.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Adekdammy: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: AND I REPEAT BRAH, WE ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL. I SEE THINGS YOU DONT, ALL PRAISES TO YAHAWAH FOR BESTOWING ME WITH THESE GIFTS
d same level? Bro na man taketh dis honour upon himself.....besides u are applying head knowledge all dis while, dat u know doesnt mean u are correct sir, lets try and be like d barean xtians and not just accept everything we see on google or reference, thanx

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
Adekdammy:
sir, the bible is beyond theology, homiletics, greek, hebrew, sir, headknowledge misleads one, i.e, the horn was used by God in zechariah to scatter israel, dat same horn also carries oil to anoint kings, dat same horn can be used to pass msgs, so sir, once again let us not mislead d pple based on wat we feel, the letter kills but d spirit gives life.
SEE YOU ERR NOT KNOWING SCRIPTURES. THE HORNS THAT WERE USED IN ZECHARIAH TO SCATTER ISRAEL WERE THE STRENGTHS( POWER HOUSES ) OF THE HAMITIC, JAPETHIC AND SHEMETIC EMPIRES. THESE STRENGTHS ARE THE
1- BABYLONIAN EMPIRE-HAMITIC
2- MEDIOPERSIAN EMPIRE- JAPHETIC
3- GREEK ( SHEMETIC )
4-ROMAN EMPIRE ( SHEMETIC )

THESE ARE THE ( HORNS ) STRENGTHS ( POWER HOUSES ) OF THE GENTILE EMPIRES THAT SCATTERED ISRAEL IN SLAVERY. THEY ALL ENSLAVED ISRAEL

SEE YOU GUYS AINT ON MY LEVEL AND I DONT MEAN THIS IN A BOASTFUL WAY BUT I FIND IT AMAZING THAT SCRIPTURAL ILLITERATES ARE TRYING TO CHALLENGE ME
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777:

BROS JUST ACCEPT THAT THE SCRIPTURE IS NOT MADE FOR EVERYONE. ONLY A SELECT FEW. NOW SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY NEED A LIL WORK. AMOS 3 VS 7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, unless he reveals his secret unto his servants the prophets

This your statement is one of the Colosians' heresies - saying there is secret revelation of God's word to 'special' people. You're peddling HALF truth that is NOT complete. Take a look at this,

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10

Listen my friend, I do not boast myself and if I do, my boast is in the things of God not claiming to know it all though but as one that strives to know more. I understand the Old Testament even more than you do. But they are all pointing to Christ and the End time God's plan and purpose WHICH IS ALREADY REVEALED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. Every OLD TESTAMENT chapters and verses HAVE THEIR FULFILLMENTS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT - EVERYTHING. So, when you read a TEXT in the Old and\or an event, go to the New and find the fulfillments - IT'S THERE AND YOU WILL SEE IT.

obadiah777:

EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON NAIRALAND I HAVE NEVER ONCE HEARD YOU WARN THE PEOPLE ABOUT THE IMPENDING DOOM COMING TO THE WORLD. ALL YOU PEDDLE IS THAT WATERED DOWN LOVE DOCTRINE THAT PASTORS USE TO GET TITHE AND DECEIVE THE PEOPLE INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SAFETY WHILE FLEECING THEM. THIS IS THE JOB OF A REAL PROPHET JEREMIAH 28 VS 8 The prophets that have been before me and before thee of old prophesied both against many countries, and against great kingdoms, of war, and of evil, and of pestilence. <<< THIS IS THE JOB OF A PROPHET. IF YOU ARE NOT SEEING PROPHESYS THEN YOU ARE NOT ONE AND THIS IS WHY THE LORD HAS NOT REVEALED HIS SECRETS TO YOU ( AMOS 3 VS 7 ). MAYBE IN TIME YOU WILL GET TO KNOW ALL THE MYSTERIES BUT SEEMS YOU ARE TRYING TO HOLD ME TO YOUR SECULAR STANDARDS OF INTERPRETING SCRIPTURES. I AM ON ANOTHER LEVEL BRAH. RECOGNIZE THAT. TO GET TO MY LEVEL YOU NEED TO BE MORE DILIGENT AND ALSO FOCUS MORE ON THE OLD TESTAMENT. TILL THEN YOU ARE JUST A MAN WHO OFFERS SMOOTH WORDS

You do err! Haven't you read me teachings against sin? Go through my past threads. I don't have to come here and teach sin EVERYDAY or EVERY THREAD I OPEN. There's lots of things to teach\preach. And besides, you know I'm against tithe so your statement is out of point on the tithe issue. I do not have any worship place where I collect money from people.

The problem is NOT going back to the Old Testament. The problem is YOU....being unable to tell us or point us to another text that explains an Old testament text. If I say from the Old, I must be able to establish it with another text from either old or new. I cannot just say MOON = UNDERSTANDING with ANY valid text with which I arrived at that interpretation........Bros, that's all I'm saying here. If you can't prove that from ALL what you've saying, then it is your OWN interpretation NOT God's and such must stop.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Ishilove: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
There is an anti-obadiah NL user 'liking' each and every one of Goshen's posts. Lol. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

This your statement is one of the Colosians' heresies - saying there is secret revelation of God's word to 'special' people. You're peddling HALF truth that is NOT complete. Take a look at this,

But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10

Listen my friend, I do not boast myself and if I do, my boast is in the things of God not claiming to know it all though but as one that strives to know more. I understand the Old Testament even more than you do. But they are all pointing to Christ and the End time God's plan and purpose WHICH IS ALREADY REVEALED IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. Every OLD TESTAMENT chapters and verses HAVE THEIR FULFILLMENTS IN THE NEW TESTAMENT - EVERYTHING. So, when you read a TEXT in the Old and\or an event, go to the New and find the fulfillments - IT'S THERE AND YOU WILL SEE IT.

You do err! Haven't you read me teachings against sin? Go through my past threads. I don't have to come here and teach sin EVERYDAY or EVERY THREAD I OPEN. There's lots of things to teach\preach. And besides, you know I'm against tithe so your statement is out of point on the tithe issue. I do not have any worship place where I collect money from people.

The problem is NOT going back to the Old Testament. The problem is YOU....being unable to tell us or point us to another text that explains an Old testament text. If I say from the Old, I must be able to establish it with another text from either old or new. I cannot just say MOON = UNDERSTANDING with ANY valid text with which I arrived at that interpretation........Bros, that's all I'm saying here. If you can't prove that from ALL what you've saying, then it is your OWN interpretation NOT God's and such must stop.
NOT TEACHINGS AGAINST SIN. WAR, THIRD WORLD WAR. BELIEVE IT OR NOT IT HAS STARTED IN SYRIA. IT IS SLOWLY HEATING UP AND WILL SPREAD TO ENGULF THE WORLD
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ishilove: There is an anti-obadiah NL user 'liking' each and every one of Goshen's posts. Lol. cheesy
LOL HEY YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ? BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER grin grin THESE PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR SMOOTH THINGS NOT TRUTHS. THEY DONT WANT THEIR COMFORT ZONE RUFFLED. I AM HERE TO TELL THEM THAT ALL THEIR SCRIPTURAL INTERPRETATIONS PASSED DOWN HAVE BEEN LIES BUT THEY DONT WANT THEIR COMFORT ZONE RUFFLED. THEY WANT TO HEAR SMOOTH THINGS
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: AND I REPEAT BRAH, WE ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL. I SEE THINGS YOU DONT, ALL PRAISES TO YAHAWAH FOR BESTOWING ME WITH THESE GIFTS

I'm NOT saying I'm in the same level with you and CAN'T be in the same level with you and DON'T wanna be in the same level with you; we all functions as different PARTS of ONE BODY of Christ under different Grace, no competition or comparing ourselves with ourselves BUT whatever you say, MUST not contradict God's ALREADY written word. Telling us that this MEANS that and without any verification from what is already written is totally unacceptable. Revelation 22:18 says you should NOT add to God's word.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

I'm NOT saying I'm in the same level with you and CAN'T be in the same level with you and DON'T wanna be in the same level with you; we all functions as different PARTS of ONE BODY of Christ under different Grace, no competition or comparing ourselves with ourselves BUT whatever you say, MUST not contradict God's ALREADY written word. Telling us that this MEANS that and without any verification from what is already written is totally unacceptable. Revelation 22:18 says you should NOT add to God's word.
AND CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I WAS ADDING ON TO GODS WORDS CHIEF ?
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ishilove: There is an anti-obadiah NL user 'liking' each and every one of Goshen's posts. Lol. cheesy

Don't mind our brother Obadiah, he is abusing scripture interpretation by spiritualizing the text to say what the text doesn't say. It's okay to say what you wanna say from a scripture BUT give us another scriptures that unlooses the first one you're seeking interpretation for. That's what we demanded from our brother and he still haven't explained himself. Imagine him saying Adam was a NATION of PEOPLE. I have argued the same heresy with him in the past.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: AND CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE I WAS ADDING ON TO GODS WORDS CHIEF ?

Okay, let's start again......to show you where you ADDED to God's word. You said, God commanded or demanded blood sacrifice from Cain. Where in scriptures did God demanded that....Give us the book, chapter and verse.....very simple. I'm waiting. I have more o but let's start with that for now.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
@ Obadiah777 and @ All, ^^^

I want to humbly recommend this thread for your edification: https://www.nairaland.com/1226596/expository-bible-study-course-raising

It will add more to your how we can understand and interpret the Bible accurately. It's a Bible Study Course though. Kindly join us and\or follow the thread. It will add to what you already know.

Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

Don't mind our brother Obadiah, he is abusing scripture interpretation by spiritualizing the text to say what the text doesn't say. It's okay to say what you wanna say from a scripture BUT give us another scriptures that unlooses the first one you're seeking interpretation for. That's what we demanded from our brother and he still haven't explained himself. Imagine him saying Adam was a NATION of PEOPLE. I have argued the same heresy with him in the past.
ABUSING SCRIPTURE INTERPRETATION ? YOU CANT SEE WHAT I CAN SEE YOU BLIND BABY YOU BLIND FROM THE FACT THAT * HEAVY D *
ONE THING YOU ARE GOING TO FIND OUT IS THAT THE LORD DOES NOT ALLOW TOO MANY PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURES FOR VARIOUS REASONS.

ISAIAH 6 VS 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

ISAIAH VS 29 9 Stay yourselves, and wonder; cry ye out, and cry: they are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink.
10 For the LORD hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.
11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12 And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.

YOU GONE FIND OUT THAT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PRIVILEGED TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES IS ONLY THE ELECT AND THE LATER FRUITS WHO DIED IN THE TRUTH ( REVELATION 14 VS 13 ). THATS A TINY FRACTION OF THE WORLD. THATS WHAT YOU GONE FIND OUT
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, let's start again......to show you where you ADDED to God's word. You said, God commanded or demanded blood sacrifice from Cain. Where in scriptures did God demanded that....Give us the book, chapter and verse.....very simple. I'm waiting. I have more o but let's start with that for now.
GOD DEMANDS BLOOD SACRIFICE FROM EVERY HUMAN IN THIS WORLD. BLOOD SACRIFICE MEANS YOU KILL YOUR OLD SELF AND RETURN TO HIM ( LEVITICUS 17 VS 11 )
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
^^^ Abeg stop ranting all over and still dodging questions please angry

Okay, if you're not abusing scripture interpretation, then kindly answer this question below:
Goshen360:

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360: @ Obadiah777 and @ All, ^^^

I want to humbly recommend this thread for your edification: https://www.nairaland.com/1226596/expository-bible-study-course-raising

It will add more to your how we can understand and interpret the Bible accurately. It's a Bible Study Course though. Kindly join us and\or follow the thread. It will add to what you already know.

Thank you bro.
LMAO YOU WANT TO TEACH ME HOW TO UNDERSTAND SCRIPTURES ? LMAO. OK LETS HAVE A LITTLE EXPERIMENT. I NEED YOU TO BREAK DOWN BOOK OF REVELATION CHAPTER 11. WHAT IS THAT TALKING ABOUT. OR YOU CAN PICK REVELATION CHAPTER 12 WHICHEVER SUITS YOU. OR DANIEL 7 OR DANIEL 8 OR ANY CHAPTER IN ZECHARIAH.
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
I NEED YOU TO BREAK THIS DOWN. LETS SEE YOU PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
ACTUALLY LET ME SEE YOU ATTEMPT THIS ONE. IF YOU CAN BREAK THIS DOWN I WOULD RETRACT ALL MY STATEMENTS AND SALUTE YOU

1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways , and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. 2 And the first went , and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. 3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea. 4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say , Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art , and wast , and shalt be , because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink ; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say , Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. 8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. 10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness ; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, 11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up , that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared . 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 15 Behold , I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth , and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. 17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying , It is done . 18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. 19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell : and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. 20 And every island fled away , and the mountains were not found . 21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2013
obadiah777: GOD DEMANDS BLOOD SACRIFICE FROM EVERY HUMAN IN THIS WORLD. BLOOD SACRIFICE MEANS YOU KILL YOUR OLD SELF AND RETURN TO HIM ( LEVITICUS 17 VS 11 )

THAT IS A LIE AGAIN!....GOD DOESN'T DEMAND BLOOD SACRIFICE FROM NO MAN ANYMORE BECAUSE CHRIST ALREADY GAVE IT AND BLOOD SACRIFICE DOESN'T MEAN YOU KILL YOUR OLD SELF AND RETURN TO HIM.....DIE TO SELF SIMPLY MEANS WHAT IT SAYS BY CRUCIFYING YOUR MORTAL BODY WHILE BLOOD SACRIFICE MEANS BLOOD SACRIFICE....SACRIFICING BLOOD.

Unlike those other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices every day. They did this for their own sins first and then for the sins of the people. But Jesus did this once for all when he offered himself as the sacrifice for the people's sins. Hebrews 7:27

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:10

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 1 Peter 3:18

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? Hebrews 9:14

Hebrews 9:14 says Christ offered himself by blood. Hebrews 10:10 and 7:27 says it was ONCE AND FOR ALL. 1 Samuel 15:22 and Hebrews 10:6 says God doesn't delight in burnt offerings AND SACRIFICE NO MORE.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360:

THAT IS A LIE AGAIN!....GOD DOESN'T DEMAND BLOOD SACRIFICE FROM NO MAN ANYMORE BECAUSE CHRIST ALREADY GAVE IT AND BLOOD SACRIFICE DOESN'T MEAN YOU KILL YOUR OLD SELF AND RETURN TO HIM.....DIE TO SELF SIMPLY MEANS WHAT IT SAYS BY CRUCIFYING YOUR MORTAL BODY WHILE BLOOD SACRIFICE MEANS BLOOD SACRIFICE....SACRIFICING BLOOD.

Unlike those other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices every day. They did this for their own sins first and then for the sins of the people. But Jesus did this once for all when he offered himself as the sacrifice for the people's sins. Hebrews 7:27

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Hebrews 10:10

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 1 Peter 3:18

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? Hebrews 9:14

Hebrews 9:14 says Christ offered himself by blood. Hebrews 10:10 and 7:27 says it was ONCE AND FOR ALL. 1 Samuel 15:22 and Hebrews 10:6 says God doesn't delight in burnt offerings AND SACRIFICE NO MORE.
BLOOD AND FRUIT SACRIFICE ARE SYMBOLISM. YOU GONE FIND OUT ALMOST ALL SCRIPTURE IS SYMBOLIC. THATS WHAT YOU GONE FIND OUT

PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, things from of old

MATTHEW 13 VS 10 AND 11 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why do you speak unto them in parables? He answered them, "Because the secrets of the kingdom of heaven have been given for you to know, but it has not been given to them.

YOU GONE FIND OUT THAT IF THE LORD DOES NOT OPEN YOUR EYES TO THE PARABLES SYMBOLS AND ALLEGORY, YOU WILL BE BLIND AS YOU ARE NOW. YOU GOT SPIRITUAL ASTIGMATISM grin
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Goshen360(m): 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
@ Obadiah777,

So now you want me to unloose those stuff for you? Keep it the way they are. I will do that when I have the time. I only came into this thread because because of the unscriptural things you were saying and alas, you've drown me into a longer discussion. I will do justice to those scriptures you talked about. Okay. And please, don't use that to dodge by style you hear me so?
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
Goshen360: @ Obadiah777,

So now you want me to unloose those stuff for you? Keep it the way they are. I will do that when I have the time. I only came into this thread because because of the unscriptural things you were saying and alas, you've drown me into a longer discussion. I will do justice to those scriptures you talked about. Okay. And please, don't use that to dodge by style you hear me so?
WHETHER YOU HAVE THE TIME OR NOT I DONT THINK YOU CAN BREAK DOWN THOSE CHAPTERS. I STRONGLY DOUBT YOU CAN. IN FACT I CAN BET MY LAST DOLLAR THAT YOU CANNOT. IF YOU CAN, DO IT NOW. IT ONLY TAKES AT MOST 30 MINUTES
Re: I Want To Correct A Few Century Old Biblical Mis-interpretations by sublimes: 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
@Obadiah777, you seem not to be coherent, Goshen in my estimation is right. The scripture should be able to explain another portion of the scripture. please if you are not trying to help us, kindly don't confuse us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Begins Her Annual International Pastors And Partners Conference / The Secret Behind Healing Miracles- The Name Of Jesus! / Best Eid Ul Adha Wishes SMS Greetings Messages Hindi Urdu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.